General Chat Thread

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:40 pm

no, that's not. he talking entirely out of his arse.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Grey » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:19 pm

is anyone except for me excited about wrestlemania tonight?

shit's always fun.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Exodis » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:49 pm

*crickets*
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Iris » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:58 am

So Grey, what did you think about this years Wrestlemania? Sadly I only get to see the results each year so I tend to miss out.

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:09 am

Same. And been having interruptions a lot on Mondays, so I won't assume I can catch Raw tonight.
Demon of Elru

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:08 pm

Does anyone else notice that this website seems to be slowly coming back alive? I mean a few people have been trying to get there comics on to this site, a couple of the comics got out of hiatus, and Dave posted a survey on which kind of target ads to appear here, and I already notice a few ads on the website here and there already. This is getting exciting somehow. :grin:
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:24 pm

I'm noticing the most growth in the RP Section with the return of Hana, and a significant increase of members in Bleedman. I'm guess that the RP ones have been lurking and just need some kind of excuse to return to the site.

We had about 100 Guests on here this morning, and 4 members (two of which were bots).

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:49 pm

I've been seeing 100+ users a lot nowadays. Seems as though the site's being recognized a bit more.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 pm

I never paid attention to that, so I can't completely confirm that. What needs to happen though is that those Guests need to make the transition to user.

When someone figures that out, it would be great.

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:18 am

Iris wrote:So Grey, what did you think about this years Wrestlemania? Sadly I only get to see the results each year so I tend to miss out.
meh. i'm getting a little sick of the tired old ways they end matches. all the finishes except for the undertaker/cm punk match seemed to kill the momentum of the match. rock/cena was way better than last years, the lesnar/HHH match was ok. daniel bryan's match was WAY TOO SHORT and the undertaker/cm punk match was by far the best match of the night.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Rival » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 pm

The RAW after Mania was better than Mania itself, mostly due to the phenomenal crowd and far better acoustics when not in in an open-air stadium.

I wasn't very excited for Mania this year, all the results were a foregone conclusion, I know that most Manias have a card where almost always the faces win, but usually there're at least 2 or 3 matches with some level of suspense about what the result will be. This year there were none. The only swerve was the ending to Ryback vs Henry and it was neither a good surprise, nor a good match. I agree that CM Punk vs Undertaker was easily the match of the night, it was also, I thought, the only really good feud they had going in. I don't agree that Rock vs Cena was way better this year, it might've been very slightly better, but even on that I'm undecided, last year's had far more stalling and breather breaks, but this year's was 40% finishers and false finishes, I haven't rewatched it, but I think it had 4-5 Rock Bottoms and 3-4 successful AAs, a bit overkill if you ask me.

On RAW thanks to the crowd Dolph's MitB cash-in had that monumental feel to it, when given the last 3 months of booking, it really shouldn't. Saw a pic comparing Ziggler, AJ and Langston to Team Rocket, which I thought was pretty funny/smart, because they are indeed villains by designation and most smarks root for them to succeed.

(loud audio warning)

Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Raw and WM were two sides of the same coin, they were fans who didn't like what they were being fed. WM fans sat on their hands most of the night and Raw's fans were in revolt, to the point that the crowd worked the wrestlers(Sheamus v Orton) instead of the other way around with a few exceptions.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grey » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:21 pm

that last picture legit made me smile

dat supahero d-bry

with regards to rock/cena, at least this year they successfully did shit like steal eachothers moves. last year it ended after cena tried it ONCE. surely shit like that is what you want to see. it's part of the spectacle, i never expected a masterpiece from the two of them. just some smacktalk, for them to beat the shit out of eachother and for a few false finishes. i would have preferred if the match had ended right at the end of that finisher sequence at the end rather than kill the momentum and stall for a bit before cena hit the deciding aa

i never expected punk to hit old school
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Rival » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:47 am

Whatis6times9 wrote:Raw and WM were two sides of the same coin, they were fans who didn't like what they were being fed. WM fans sat on their hands most of the night and Raw's fans were in revolt, to the point that the crowd worked the wrestlers(Sheamus v Orton) instead of the other way around with a few exceptions.

Hmm, didn't look at it that way. I thought the Mania crowd not being loud was due to the acoustics, but now that you mention it, they were loud enough during the tag team match and CM Punk vs Taker, so it was probably as you say.

I thought Sheamus handled the crowd reactions relatively well, he seemed to have cracked up a bit, it was Orton who was legit infuriated and got thrown completely off his game. The funniest part was still Big Show corpsing for a bit during the "Thank you Big Show" chant.
Grey wrote:i never expected punk to hit old school

Not only that, he also countered Taker's attempt at it.

I'm surprised Taker was cool with both, but it shows he gets the appeal of Punk's character.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Grey » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

taker's entrance is one of the best entrances ever

my friend rewatched it and said he thinks d-bry got the biggest pop of the night
Not only that, he also countered Taker's attempt at it.
me and my mates were watching it, and one of them asked if taker still does old school
i explained that i didn't see it last wrestlemania, but i'm sure he could still pull it off. then we discussed how, surely in the context of kayfabe, if undertaker tried to do that to you, surely you would just either push or pull really hard and just knock him the fuck off the rope

like every time he tried it

then punk did that

i was happy. that was a really good match. much better than any of punk and taker's previous encounters.

he kicked out of a tombstone. i did not expect the wwe to even allow that
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

Postby Vegedus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:47 am

It seems to me there's more talk about wrestling on this forum than any other sport, perhaps combined.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 am

On all these forums? Or just in the Snafu comics forum?

Because Whatis and I talk hockey pretty frequently in Spam
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Rival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 am

Vegedus wrote:It seems to me there's more talk about wrestling on this forum than any other sport, perhaps combined.

It's only a "sport" in Japan.

Well, I'm super happy Borussia Dortmund got into the semis, and the final 3 minutes of the 2nd leg of the quarter-final against Malaga were breathtaking, but I didn't bring it up since I can't imagine too many people here follow the Champions League. Most people here are from North America afterall.

The most popular real sports on this forum seem to be Ice Hockey and American Football and I'm not into those. I don't know if anyone here actively follows association football (soccer) other than Grey. But Grey likely focuses more on the Premier League, and I'm currently more into the Bundesliga.

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:10 pm

Who the heck talks about american football on here?

I follow soccer a bit.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Rival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Tuor wrote:Who the heck talks about american football on here?

Well, when I said on this forum, I meant in all my 8.5 years here.

There have been threads in the past:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39472&

People like EagleMan, Brax4, BG07, spazmonkey all still post.

It's cool that you like Soccer, which leagues do you follow?

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Huh, interesting.

I casually follow MLS, EPL, and Serie A, and I also follow the Champions League
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:51 pm

I love pro wrestling, I just dislike WWE for the most part. The sad fact is that since the monday night wars pro wrestling on mondays has lost 2/3 of it's audience.

I really only follow hockey as a diehard, I follow my local baseball team for the first and last quarters of the season and playoffs, I'll watch the occasional game for my local MLS team and I try to catch rugby 7s when I can.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Tuor wrote:I casually follow MLS, EPL, and Serie A, and I also follow the Champions League

Ah, I follow the Bundesliga (rooting for Borussia Dortmund), La Liga (no real favorite there though when it comes to the Big 2, I prefer Barcelona to Real), EPL (Liverpool fan) and the Champions League (again hoping Borussia might win it this year).

And of course the Polish Ekstraklasa, though there's no reason to follow that unless you're Polish, it's very bushleague, almost all really talented Polish players switch to foreign leagues as soon as they get an opportunity.

I also watch the European part of the FIFA World Cup qualification.

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Oh ya, gotta follow the world cup and its qualifying matches
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:14 pm

i don't even follow football because even though i can appreciate it when i watch it i don't like following team sports

i don't see the point in supporting a team and then still supporting that team 3 years later when 70% of the team has changed. i only follow it during the world cup and the euro, really.

i really like tennis, though. i love watchin grand slams. pro-wrestling's my athletic display of choice, though.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Suave Brit

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion