Snafu Therapy Thread. *TRIGGER WARNINGS* This topic is under Mod protection

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu Therapy Thread.

Postby EagleMan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:53 pm

Yog wrote:Pah. I've never had serious thoughts of suicide. If anything, my last resort is what I did some years ago: to become a hermit and cut myself off from the rest of the world.

Ahhh the schizoid dream. A person considering suicide should just consider abandoning their life and starting elsewhere. Suicide is already abandoning your life except well, you die. At least if you leave your old life behind, you get to know if it was the circumstances of your old life causing you to be suicidal, as it might be hard to tell if you're inside the box. So there's at least a chance of happiness in that.

Postby Yog » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm not full schizoid, though. I like my emotions, and I like people, but I feel that there are two parts to Yog. The schizoid you mentioned, and the nice, emotional guy who wants friends.

Anyway, yeah, at least being a hermit is preferable to a suicide.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Glacial Expanse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 pm

Hana wrote:Sadly, so few of us can fix our own problems. Outside help is so important in so many cases.

Were it so easy.
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Reach out
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:13 am

Rosso Rose wrote:Were it so easy.

- Arbiter
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Princess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 am

^hahaha that really made me laugh
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Glacial Expanse » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:39 am

teehee :)
"Nostalgia and border line depression is not a good combination. Looking back at the 90's and early 2000's brings back good memories, but it's also torture cause we're all older now and just realize that life was just simple at one time." ~ comeonman89, Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a Bird - YouTube
Previous Quote

Wulfespinndel
This too shall pass.

Postby True Order » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:53 pm

I'm contemplating whether or not to share a little relationship issue I am internally confused over.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 pm

There is no judgement here.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby True Order » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:21 pm

Ehhhhhhhhh nevermind. It's too awkward, too personal, too gooshy. Too emotional etc. Maybe I'll discuss that bridge when it draws nearer but I see little reason to discuss it now, I think.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

I really don't think anyone will judge you if you want to put it out there. But it is your decision whether you want to or not.

Hana wrote:Sadly, so few of us can fix our own problems. Outside help is so important in so many cases.

Even when the problems are fixed, there's always times where you fall back into patterns. I've been up and down constantly. At the moment though, I'm doing alright, it seems when you can find a way to overcome and look at the brighter side of things, everything seems so much easier. I had to go on anti-depressants that didn't seem to really do anything, so I stopped taking them, and had a few slips here and there, but I pretty much broke through my depression on my own. Not saying it's easy though. I really think the best for people is having others there to help.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby EagleMan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:20 am

With anti-depressants it's important to note that it can sometimes take a while to get both the type and dosage right. Also some depression is from life circumstances or a chemical imbalance, or a combination of the two.

Also True if you're confused enough you should at least get feedback from somebody.

Postby Yog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 am

Riz wrote:Thank you for caring, yog. Right now all I need is a hug from a real live person because it is so hard for me to actually feel the love that people say they have for me. I need actual physical contact or I just can't believe it because I am not a person worthy of love in my eyes. That's why I'm going home this weekend, I will hug my mom and cuddle my cat and hopefully come back feeling more normal and able to take on the next few weeks of the semester.
I see my counselor again tomorrrow but at this point I don't want to think about what happened anymore. It only makes me upset again.
I've started my adjusted levels of medication and I've got my book to help me deal with my newfound borderline personality disorder so we'll see how this goes.

She told me to give her skype to anyone who wants to contact her, and doesn't know it. So shoot me a PM if you need it. She also said that anyone can PM her, and she'll look at it when she has the time.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Jingle Males » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Today is the 2nd anniversery of my mom's death, ever since that day times haven't been getting better. I almost got evicted twice, most of my family members pretty much screwed me over and left me behind, it's hard getting money into this POS house.
I don't know what I'm gonna do with my future. Not only I have been thinking nothing but negative and sometimes violent thoughts, I also have been losing interest in a lot of things in life, all I feel like doing is go into my bed and just sleep for the rest of my life.
I'm too cowardly to do anything because I feel like I'm gonna somehow make my situation worse.
fool my bullets are made of suns

Postby Hana » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Male, I urge you to talk to a medical professional. However, only you can make that sort of decision.

Even if you don't do so, we are here to support you. Depression is a dark, dark demon, and it can be hard to believe in anything positive...but we're here.

And if you need someone to yell at, PM me and I'll give you my Skype. I'm more than willing to listen to anything if that will help you in any way.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Yog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:09 am

Ehm, I got news.

A couple hours ago, Sarah called me up, bawling. Said she broke her foot, and she needed someone to drive her to the hospital.

After doing so, I was wondering why, of all people, she called me.

Would it be ok to ask her that? I get the feeling it might be weird, but I'm a bit curious.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:10 am

Might as well. I thought she had a boyfriend
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:13 am

Some time ago, but I guess they broke up.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby EagleMan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:05 am

Ask her what you want. You drove her to the hospital. You at least get a question. Besides, it's not like there's anything to ruin between you two if she somehow gets offended. If she reacts badly you can just use that to confirm you got away from a bad thing. If not you get your answer. Win-win.

Postby Tuor » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:24 am

True dat
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:24 pm

Because she knows she can use you as her errand boytoy anytime she wants. Did saying "no" even cross your mind, if for a second?

Sorry if i'm not being particularly nice here but after all the shit that bitch did to you i don't quite feel bad about her foot.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Yog wrote:After doing so, I was wondering why, of all people, she called me.

Would it be ok to ask her that? I get the feeling it might be weird, but I'm a bit curious.
that was in response to this btw.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:48 pm

To be fair, he knows her, so if she has nobody else to step in and help her out, it is simply common courtesy to help out somebody you know, regardless if you like them or not, in an urgent situation. I'm not saying become her servant, but driving her to the hospital was the right thing to do whichever way you look at it.

Then again, Mir does have a point here. If it were me I would just check if she's been given care, and then leave. She needed help, you gave her some help. I think that instead of clinging onto her again it would be better to draw a line. She dumped you and therefore broke your trust. You should make it clear to her that you're not giving her your trust again that easily, and she'd have to work to regain it, if she wishes to. If she does, she should try to prove that she cares about you. If not, you've avoided getting used.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Yog » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:32 am

Mir@k wrote:Because she knows she can use you as her errand boytoy anytime she wants. Did saying "no" even cross your mind, if for a second?

Sorry if i'm not being particularly nice here but after all the shit that bitch did to you i don't quite feel bad about her foot.

Actually, it didn't cross my mind.

But I think even if my boss, whom I intensely dislike, asked me for help about a broken foot, I don't think I could say no.

Eh, it's weird. But I don't trust Sarah. I was merely curious.

Anyway, I asked her. She actually didn't know herself. In fact, I think I surprised her.

Though you do have a point, Mirak. Many people around my neighborhood seem to treat me like an errand boy.

But I don't simply care. It doesn't bother me, is the stuff I help out with isn't necessarily that bad. This old lady who lives beside me asked me to help her clean out the gutters, a week ago, and I helped her out because she's a frail widow, who doesn't get visits from family.

I dunno. Even if I was being taken advantage of, I don't think I would care, because I take pleasure in helping others. Not pleasure derived from me thinking myself morally superior or some shit. But the act of helping someone puts some weird sense of happiness into me. It's not a reward thing, more a byproduct.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby EagleMan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:11 am

Yeah I get you. I usually don't mind doing things for people. It's not really any trouble and if it doesn't cost me money or interrupt something I need to be doing, who cares? Though I do keep track of if they're asking me to do things often and I will stop if it becomes excessive, or if they're asking me to do something just because they're lazy.

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens