MarioSantis Art: Face or cross update 18-5-2013

Artists! Show your work, tips, tricks, requests, and challenges. This forum includes visual art, music, 3D, animation, abstract art, graphic design, sculpture, EVERYTHING.

Moderator: Mod Squad

MarioSantis Art: Face or cross update 18-5-2013

Postby mariosantis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:00 am

I always wished do a famous comic. this page are old but i want show you what can i do
Spoilers:comic moments I have remastered, as the friend who translated the comic has taken his vacation. bastard ¬ ¬, are spoilers comic moments or pages that I'll post up. are spoilers, so yourselves.
   http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/123/4/f/sergi_vs_evilwermut_by_mariosantis-d63xls6.jpg   
The protagonist and the antagonist fighting. Since it is that they have so much power? Since it is that his faces are almost identical if they are so different? Look at the cómic and you will understand it.
Comic 1: The first movement

Remake :D
Remake:

These pages are a bit old, and my English is not very helpful for the translation, so if you want to see my most recent drawings that translate to wait or go to my deviantart: mariosantis.deviantart.com
Last edited by mariosantis on Sat May 18, 2013 1:25 am, edited 13 times in total.

Re: MarioSantis Art: Face or cross

Postby Brax4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:23 pm

That comic is pretty cool. I'm no good at making comics, just because I can't get layouts to work in my favor, and posing is never good for me either. But it seems you do very well in your style. Nice work.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:09 am

You really know how to layout panels which is a very important thingthe designs of your characters look pretty good, my favorite look is the bearded man with the glasses. Are you still drawing? Because if these pages are old I'd like to see your newer stuff.
Bark

Postby mariosantis » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Brax4 wrote:That comic is pretty cool. I'm no good at making comics, just because I can't get layouts to work in my favor, and posing is never good for me either. But it seems you do very well in your style. Nice work.

Mad-Mutt wrote:You really know how to layout panels which is a very important thingthe designs of your characters look pretty good, my favorite look is the bearded man with the glasses. Are you still drawing? Because if these pages are old I'd like to see your newer stuff.

Very Thanks ^^
Mad-Mutt, in this time i have 65 pages finished but my english is very bad and i have to translate it, is very difficult for me.
(i need it the google translate to do this reply, isn't a joke)

Re: MarioSantis Art: Face or cross update 4-5-2013

Postby mariosantis » Wed May 08, 2013 7:45 pm

If you leave comments of constructive critiques or ideas they would help me to improve, any comment is grateful. Please :'( ... Me does one notice that desperate this?

Postby Brax4 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Since you asked, here's some critique.

I still think your panels are well laid out, and the artwork is still pretty good.

Now, as for coloring and such, I highly suggest you try to learn a bit of computer inking, it's much cleaner, and looks ten times nicer. Since Photoshop is normally pretty expensive, I think you should check out something like Gimpshop, Gimp, or Sai. Learning to use the pen tool works wonders, leaving clean lines.

Lastly, Google Translate has it's faults, but I'm sure that's probably the best you have to work with, but the translation doesn't make sense at times. Once again, this isn't really something that can be helped, so it's nothing to really work on.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby mariosantis » Wed May 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Thank you very much, and already I have thought about it but the fact of drawing to hand gives me a pleasure that to computer I do not obtain, nor many shops that bandage specialized material and to improve at the moment of a translator to use, pass to that of the Mundo.es ^^

P.D: If you look under the page at 4 sides a drawing of this very day that I have done because one was deserving to be this moment mas amazingly

Re: MarioSantis Art: Face or cross update 9-5-2013

Postby Brax4 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Well, I sketch everything out, then scan it, then ink it with the computer, it takes a bit more time than it would by hand, but comes out a lot better. I'd say take a few tutorials on how to use layers, the pen tool, and colors. Once you've picked up the basics, you can experiment and figure out the best way to finish your work.
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: MarioSantis Art: Face or cross update 9-5-2013

Postby mariosantis » Wed May 08, 2013 9:13 pm

Brax4 wrote:Well, I sketch everything out, then scan it, then ink it with the computer, it takes a bit more time than it would by hand, but comes out a lot better. I'd say take a few tutorials on how to use layers, the pen tool, and colors. Once you've picked up the basics, you can experiment and figure out the best way to finish your work.

It will prove it, but already sides my first attempt of painting for computer a page, one forget to paint something to me the center of the setting, It was a great Facepalm.-.-

Return to Art