X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

So many people...all of them seem really good at this...oh dear...DX

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Don't be intimidated. Just have fun, okay?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby lyca » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Here's my submission! Hope he's up to par!
==========================
Name: Tanner Malloy
Desired Codename: I prefer to let let this play out in-game.

Physical Description:

The first thing you notice about Tanner is his deformities, namely among them: burn scars on his arms, face and neck. Beyond those, however, he's quite the handsome fellow. He wears a this blanket of black stubble on his cheeks and chin, and always keeps a well trimmed short hairstyle. His eyebrows are thick like a violently erased graphite sketch, perched above two bright emerald eyes that always hold a curiously inquisitive gaze at whatever he is observing. He has a thin lips, and an angular jaw, with dimples when he smiles.

There are a few large patches of shiny scar tissue on the right side of his face, hiding one half of his eyebrow and a patch of his scruffy cheekbone. His neck and thick forarms bear the same scars, leaving massive knotted pools of silver against his tanned skin, stretching oddly in tight lines whenever he turns his head or stretches his bulky shoulders. Tanner doesn't hide his scars, though he doesn't mention why.

Luckily, Puberty hit tanner pretty hard, and he's moved passed the sqeeky years and now has a deep voice and a booming laugh, to match his long arms. His wide smile can draw you in, and he typically gives off a jolly atmosphere. When he is upset however, his heavy eyebrows knit together like an angry line that you might not like to cross.

There's nothing special about the clothes he wears, but there are a few things that he never leaves home without, namely a chest bag, and a bunch of sharpies on a chain hanging from the side of his belt. He also totes a sling bag for the institute's assignments, and pair of heavily grafittied sneakers.

Personality:

Imaginative is a good word to describe Tanner in his daily affairs. He's definately the idea guy, and isn't afraid to speak up if he's got something to say, and his big smile makes it difficult to disagree with him. He's usually cheery and always willing to lend a hand to his friends, but can sometimes get carried away, or lost in his own head.

Tanner is very gentle as well. Having discovered his mutant powers a few years ago, Tanner has realized that he is capable of some pretty spectacular violence. He took this in the opposite directon, and tries to be very careful with other people, and controlling his temper. He very seldom gets angry, but will use force if necessary.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:08 pm

Tanner's in. ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Deena » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I made a blind baby wizard.

Name: Cyrus Hawkins
Desired Codename: Wizard

Physical Description: Standing at a humble 5’4”, Cyrus is a slim-built boy with a charming smile and a button nose, and judging by his large hands and feet in proportion to his shorter stature, he has a bit of growing to do yet. Cyrus has a natural olive complexion and splotches of dark freckles all over his skin. He covers a star-shaped birthmark on the side of his neck, behind his ear, with his messy reddish-brown hair that is typically kept cropped to chin length. His eyes are the eerie pale bluish tone of someone who is naturally blind, though sometimes, with the help of his mutant ability, they occasionally appear a light shade of a warm honey color. He has a pleasant sense of style despite his disabilities, often wearing pinstripe vests and dress shirts complete with ties, though he does wear thick boots to protect himself from a common tendency to stub his toes. He tends to wear leather gloves to protect his fingertips, since he mostly “sees” with his hands, and also has a pair of headphones that he keeps around his neck for certain occasions involving his abilities. He also frequently dons a hooded, long, slate blue coat, mostly due to susceptibility to cold, and carries around an extending walking stick to help him get around despite his blindness.

Personality: Friendly and polite, Cyrus is a sweet and helpful person who knows when to be serious and when not, and remains cheerful despite being someone who was blind from birth, as evident from the frequency of his blind jokes. He enjoys making puns and jokes around when he needs to, but at the same time is very earnest about working hard to achieve his goals. As a loyal friend, a product of his dependence on others due to his blindness, he is the first to cheer anyone on in their endeavors, however impossible they are. He seems to be a pretty honest person overall, though he’ll often claim otherwise. He does, however, have a tactician’s brain, and manages to come up with unique plans of action in any given circumstance, and is more intelligent than he lets on through his lame jokes, occasional childish pranks, and generally scatterbrained nature. He’s also extremely clumsy and has a slight fear of knives, both for obvious reasons. (That being he’s blind.)

Additional Notes:

-He was born in the UK and raised there until fairly recently, so he retains the accent.

-He knows braille, and has also studied sign language after his abilities surfaced. He has surprisingly neat handwriting for a blind kid, though he uses a variety of tools in order to write normally, like rulers and such. He does have a braille typewriter and a special laptop with keys in braille.

-He can play a mean keyboard.

-Being blind, he hasn’t experienced a lot of pop culture, so he’s quite fascinated with new games, comics, art, and various other media that require sight to enjoy.

-He isn't a parseltongue, and yes he did check.

-He really wants a beard. (He can't grow one naturally. You can't always get what you want, after all.)

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Cyrus is an Accept.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Sentios » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:38 pm

Draken30000 wrote:So many people...all of them seem really good at this...oh dear...DX

It comes with having done this for years and years, you'll be fine with this many of us here to keep you out of trouble. Don't sweat it.

lyca wrote:Desired Codename: I prefer to let let this play out in-game.

That's a long code name.

Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Draken30000 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 pm

Its less intimidation and more "can I even compare?" the answer to which is no, so I may as well just roll with it XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - ACCEPTIN' YO!

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Hana wrote:
Belwicket wrote:I think she's finally done! I'll continue editing if needed.

I just want to make sure that you're aware that 4'8" still technically classifies as someone suffering from Dwarfism. I'm okay with her being that short, I just want to make sure you realize how short it actually is.

Second thing. This will be your first year at the Institute, so I want to be clear that you're going into this with none of the friends described in the Personality section. They're all back home with Alexandria while Samantha's at this mutant boarding school of yours. This is okay with you, mmmmyess?

(Also note, this is the second Samantha you've apped for in my games. Next game I run, pls to be having a different name.)

The height is good with me, the starting-without-friends thing is alright, she can make new friends, and the name can change if you want.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Don't have to change it this time. Just no Samantha next game of mine, k?

Samantha is in.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks, Flower! ^_^
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 pm

花ですわ。
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

^_^ Surprised I knew that?
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Not actually. It's a pretty common word, dear. ^_~
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 pm

I only know it from Ichirin no Hana. I love that song.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby TheLivingCouch » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Hmm... I really should join this. Now just to think of a character.

Postby sam4books » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes Couch, you should :D

EDIT:

I can't resist such bait.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:32 pm

Belwicket, not an acceptable post. Godmoding in the first paragraph. First strike. If I have to warn you for godmoding again, you're out of the game, as per Usual Hana Rules. You are not allowed to control other people's characters without their permission.

Also, you should choose a player or NPC directly, not try to force an interaction and then leave it as an open request for someone to engage you.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Sorry. I'll edit. I just don't know who all is outside.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:45 pm

This is why there are location tags. Please do to be using them, everyone. They lessen spatial confusion. (Thanks to those of you who are already using them!)

Jaime and Edger are in the yard.

Max, William, and Marie are right in front of the mansion doors. These are the people you godmoded out of the way to get to Jubilee's office.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Hana » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 pm

*deep breath* I'm sorry if I'm coming off as snippy. I'm tired and I don't feel well and I should probably go to bed as it's almost midnight. I'll revisit this with fresh eyes in the morning and probably come to the realization that I'm overreacting.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby sam4books » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:49 pm

If it helps, here's a map you might find useful Belwicket.

Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Deena » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:52 pm

Guess who's gonna get lost in the hedge maze like every other day.8D

Hint: He's fucking blind.

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Hint-hint: He'll have a goodie-goodie with cameras and a loud speaker giving him directions. XD
Demon of Elru

Postby Deena » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:01 am

That won't stop a true navigationally-challenged protagonist from walking straight into a rosebush. Only the pure of heart can resist the whims of a good guy on a loudspeaker!

...and by pure of heart I mean totally shit at geography.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing