And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: And the good lord sayeth: Come forth The Talk Thread XVIII!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 pm

The weather like it's just so muggy, I just got out of the shower and feel like I didn't take one at all.

This is a game of no puck luck for the Flyers.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Oh, ew, that's gross. I've experienced that before.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 pm

It's a normal thing during summer, but it's not.

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 am

Ughhh, 8:30 am exam
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 am

i don't remember the last time i sat an exam

i don't remember the last time i had to be anywhere for 8:30

hmm
Suave Brit

Sexiness: Godlike

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 am

i don't think i could write an essay if i wanted to
Suave Brit

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 am

I typically get up at 6 due to force of habit.

It's a bit of a blessing, and a bit of a curse.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 am

I haven't been up before 9 by choice, for like, 2 years, I think.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:11 am

i passed out mad early last night because i was exhausted and quite drunk. i woke up at about 5:30 this morning on top of my duvet

i rolled a joint and got into bed

that was interesting
Suave Brit

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:14 am

Hopefully tea will help me make it through the exam

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am

If you really need to stay awake, try-

Ah, no, that's a bit extreme.

Just go with coffee.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Grey » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Suave Brit

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am

No, not cocaine, trust me, you won't guess it.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

Amphetamines? 4 hour energy drink? Minster? Redbull? Some energy drink?
... cocaine?
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Spoopy Princess » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:44 am

What kind of tea?!
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Whatbutt: She's got enough tea to throw into a harbor and start another revolution.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 am

Enjoy your summer. It's merely 279K in here.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 am

Exodis wrote:Amphetamines? 4 hour energy drink? Minster? Redbull? Some energy drink?
... cocaine?

When I was younger, I dislocated the pointer finger on my right hand. I just thought it was a small sprain, so I left it alone, and continued to use it anyway.

It was later when I got some x rays from punching the mirror that the doctor asked me if I dislocated my pointer finger from the mirror, and I said no, but then the baseball incident clicked.

So now, whenever I need to wake myself up, a play with my right pointer and middle finger, typically bending parts of them to be straight again.

The pain isn't something strong enough to really hurt, but it is strong enough to keep me awake.

I was going to suggest to Tuor to basically do something similar, like straighten out crooked fingers, but then I realized that it might be a bit too extreme.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 am

Princess Stuff wrote:What kind of tea?!

Earl Grey
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 am

Yog wrote:When I was younger, I dislocated the pointer finger on my right hand. I just thought it was a small sprain, so I left it alone, and continued to use it anyway.

It was later when I got some x rays from punching the mirror that the doctor asked me if I dislocated my pointer finger from the mirror, and I said no, but then the baseball incident clicked.

So now, whenever I need to wake myself up, a play with my right pointer and middle finger, typically bending parts of them to be straight again.

The pain isn't something strong enough to really hurt, but it is strong enough to keep me awake.

I was going to suggest to Tuor to basically do something similar, like straighten out crooked fingers, but then I realized that it might be a bit too extreme.

Is that dangerous? Can't you break your bones like that? I mean, they've got to be brittle by now...
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:16 am

Yog's smart like that
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:18 am

I just realized, you could give Runa Tea a try.

When I took a field trip about 4 years back in Ecuador to the Amazon, they made this stuff out of a plant called Guayusa. It's like a super healthy hybrid of coffee and tea, but it wakes you up really fast.

Imagine my surprise when they started a company using the stuff and began selling it in the States.

I have no idea if there's any Runa stores over in Canada, though, so maybe you can't try that either.

Exodis wrote:
Yog wrote:When I was younger, I dislocated the pointer finger on my right hand. I just thought it was a small sprain, so I left it alone, and continued to use it anyway.

Is that dangerous? Can't you break your bones like that? I mean, they've got to be brittle by now...

I don't do it enough to cause that to happen, lol, it's more just a bend.

Tuor wrote:Yog's smart like that

You know it.
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 am

I'm not really that sleepy and I doubt that's something that would be easy to find spur of the moment.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 am

Take a jog, run in place, take a hot shower.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Yog » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 am

True, but I guess I'm suggesting stuff for the future.

You could search up about it, if you're interested. It's pretty good.

What's the test on?
DaCrum
Absurdum vitae.
Resident Old God

Postby Tuor » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:23 am

Final exam for my course on the Roman army
Rest Easy Ethan

PreviousNext

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens