Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - NEW SPOTS OPEN!!!)

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Dragon Age: Divided Kingdom (OOC - 2 spots open)

Postby Deena » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am

Healing witches get bitches.:U

Postby Scrambles » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Isador has 99 problems and deep seeded anger issues is one of them.

Postby Zelosse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:37 pm

Scrambles wrote:Isador has 99 problems and deep seeded anger issues is nearly half of them.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Berry-tan wrote:Plus Laila is the only female PC.

In Denerim.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Draken30000 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:41 pm

Vovin is just too friendly for his own good...or will be...I dunno XD

Avatar and Sig by Zelosse. (He is cool like that)

Postby Zelosse » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm

Bl if it's cool with you I will just have our good Teryn give the ok for the forge, lest Marcus be forced to dwell in an unfamiliar dark room.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Yeah, do it. I only have enough time at the moment to come on and make sure things are running smooth. Its finals week, and I have two left. Then I should be back and effectively do somethings.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby QuickSilver » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Ah, sorry for sending my guy on a far-flung separate mission then >.<

He'll be traveling along the road until you are done and it will not be an encumbrance to focus on two areas.

I hope you do really well on your exams and that the stress doesn't prematurely grey you.

You'd not think it possible at 21, but with the exam pressure these days ...
Swords and Sorcery

Postby BG07 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I remember I once took a final and afterwards forgot how to turn on my car for a good five minutes...

God damn... how the hell did I ever know how to Calculus 3
Or was that Physical Chemistry...

*shudders*

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm

It isn't a problem. I'm already playing around with two areas, a Third isn't a problem for me. You can have your guy continue on his quest to the tower, or I can redirect him to Redcliffe or Denerim. It isn't a problem because I really don't want your guy chilling somewhere until someone comes a long. That would be more of a problem for me.

QuickSilver wrote:I hope you do really well on your exams and that the stress doesn't prematurely grey you.

Thanks.

BG07 wrote:I remember I once took a final and afterwards forgot how to turn on my car for a good five minutes...

I had a similar event. I couldn't remember where I parked and I ended up on the other side of campus... Which someone though it would be funny to stick on the side of a hill.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:41 am

The ball is in the popular kids court now, how will the young mages respond to the old hammer totting bearded guy and his strange invitation to outside the manor at night. Nobody knooooows~

Postby Berry-tan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:51 am

I bet I could make a prediction. And as for the ring mail, is it entirely realistic for him to have pumped out two sets in a few hours? Shit is time consuming as hell.

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:27 am

I can't well have him spend an eternity. If you dislike it I can edit it to 'took the better part of 5 hours' or something along those lines.

Postby Berry-tan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am

No I don't think you get it, it would be physically impossible to make two sets of ringmail in five hours. Especially in a medieval setting. If you're really determined to have him foist armor on them you could have it so he had some with him for another project. Also it was kind of a dick move jumping ahead in time before Laila and Amir could even reply to Vovin.

Postby Deena » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:01 am

I'm gonna side with Berry on this one. Timeskipping without consent is a little...godmod-y.

To be honest, I'm kind of losing interest in this RP. BL's a pretty chill GM, which is awesome, but I personally prefer more focus on character interaction and development in this type of forum-based RP. Given that it's supposed to be based off of Dragon Age, which is a series all about character interaction and development, I kind of assumed that would be the point. Sorry.:/

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

Just can't win.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:55 pm

Deena wrote:To be honest, I'm kind of losing interest in this RP. BL's a pretty chill GM, which is awesome, but I personally prefer more focus on character interaction and development in this type of forum-based RP. Given that it's supposed to be based off of Dragon Age, which is a series all about character interaction and development, I kind of assumed that would be the point. Sorry.:/

That's up to you to create character interaction and development, not me. I'm not going to micro-manage everyone's cases. I'm going to be present with my characters in interaction, and move the story as little as I can towards a direction while it is going to be up to the rest of you to develop your characters. The reason why I'm so chill in this is because this isn't everyone's first rodeo. I don't need to be commanding in this.

Now I've given you a chance to rest and interact with other characters and people. Character development and interaction is going to have a chance to get momentum here, but the plan was to have it happen after the battle of Redcliffe, that's where I have it planned to really take off. You didn't dive into character development and interaction within the first five minutes of the game. It all took after the battle of Ostagar for things to really be moving.

All of that movement though depends solely on the movement of the plot, which wasn't really happening. A bar got burned down, and then everyone was going to go do what afterwards? This is where I stepped in to push it towards a path that would go along with the plot, so development could take place.

I opened this time up because you wanted sometime of character interaction and development that didn't involve whacking each other. Now here is your chance, and you are backing out? Deena, forgive me if I'm sounding overly aggressive here, because I'm not. But here is your chance, and what more would you like me to do to make this a more enjoyable game?
Mercypostle

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

Guys, I'm serious about this. If any of you have something you want to do or see happen in this RP, send me a PM. I don't like being a GM with an iron fist, I've seen how those can backfire and destroy a game. This is everyone's RPG. When I'm a GM, I supervise to make sure things are flowing smoothly and everyone is having a good time. I want everyone to be as involved with the story creation and development as possible.
Mercypostle

Postby BG07 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Just give us some time and a few GM controlled NPCs to interact with, that should get things rolling in the character development department. My suggestion is for you to have a few NPCs accompany the group, that way you can keep conversations going yourself through the use of your NPCs.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes, the Knight Captain and a few mages will be doing that.
Mercypostle

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Zel, might be a good idea to pull that post back, now that I've read it.

In the game, check to see if they want chainmail. There is a good chance that the Teryn, who is now back under my control, would have an armory where you could at least spend a few hours modifying some chainmail or armor pieces for all of you.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

That would be a wise course of action that I neglected, as for 'do they want it?' That's not really for him to decide regardless of what he gives. Flowers, horses, coins. They take it or they don't. That was my understanding of gifts atleast.

I'll edit my post tonight.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm

I'll throw up a post with some of the teryn's men, the Knight Captain, and some mages tomorrow morning. As well as some sets stuff for Redcliffe.

For now, I need to play Halo 4 and celebrate the end of the semester.
Mercypostle

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Gratz on finishing the semester, BL. How many more to go?

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 pm

If I get into my Nursing program on the first try, one after this and three in the ASN program. I don't know how any are in the RN program, but I would wager four to six since it is a BS degree.
Mercypostle

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing