Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 am

Blood Archon wrote:You try to maintain this thread. Its a pain in the ass.

I'd imagine so.

Blood Archon wrote:I would consider restarting this thread and transferring some of the major list items to a new thread.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, starting over fresh. Hell you've been given the ungodly power of a Mod, might as well move a mountain or two. right?
Speaking of drastic changes, I know this might not be my place to say this, but should somebody update the "GLOBAL FORUM RULES"? You know, add things about double posting, one-word post, and posting in out dated threads?

Blood Archon wrote:Frankly, there are bigger things going on at the moment than checking in here like that. Once life settles down, then maybe.

What do you mean by that?

Blood Archon wrote:We do have a Talk thread, you just can't talk about Bleedman in there. I did bring up the point to the other mods about keeping that rule on that thread, and that by removing it could generate more activity, in the thread at least, but alas "its been here since time started". I'm sure if enough people were in favor, then the talk thread could have that rule eliminated.

You mean the "Official Forum Lounge - DO NOT TALK ABOUT BLEEDMAN HERE" one? Yeah I never got that forum. We have several other General chat threads, through out the forums, none in witch contain anything relating to Bleed, or his works, or at least a far as I can see. And why is it even IN the "Bleed Forum" in the first place?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:52 am

I wondered that myself.
Never anger a magician

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:57 pm

I would imagine it came to be because during the time the Bleedforum became more popular than the Snafu Forum, Dave got jealous. Either that or at the time, Bleedman was only doing a few things, so he was such an enigma that more people were talking about HIM rather than his work to the point of the main thread in the forum was made with the express reason of NO LONGER talking about him because everything else already was.

It's an archaic rule enforced by no-one who frequents this site any longer, not the least of which being Dave. Even if we were to change the rules, the thread would likely still be very... barren.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:01 pm

Who knows. Its being discussed anyway, but here is not the place for such chat.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm

Just for the sake of bringing something up, I keep on wondering, should this forum be rebooted? (well, a new list at least)
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Thread reboot, not my call. Ask BeeAre.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby BeeAre » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:59 pm

Not yet.

The boys are coming back. There are several characters I wanted for primary focus before I chose this story that were dropped as primary focuses. Several that Bleedman wanted.

Tentative talk on characters is an okay thing for this comic because it revolves around cameos for blood sacrifices. Is a very particular aspect of pop culture. Take the recent GT page, "Hell", for one whammy of an example.

I laugh at the Boomer/Bubbles concept. Letting it play out how it was perhaps going to before Bleedman lost steam? Nix, nix. Better to subvert.

I have my own opinions on the shipping, and you can bet that those won't be represented in this story.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:41 pm

why would this thread need to be rebooted. all you need is the master list in the first post and that's it. no need to make a "fresh" new thread if the point of the thread is going to be the same.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Guardian » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Because it would be easier to maintain the list with a fresh start. I seriously don't want to go through 2+ years of requests and have BR filter through them when there are more important things to be taken care of. A reboot may happen in the future, perhaps.

Hmm, I think when I get a chance, I'll look into stream-lining the list a bit.

Anywho, doesn't matter right now. Requests now, k plz thx.

Semper Vigilans

Postby BeeAre » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Blordy, you I believe have been keen on this thread for a while, having done a lot of the compiling for me through PMs, right? Did I credit you? I can't remember that shit ugh

If you want to do that (again?) kinda of thing to make the thread more streamlined, I won't argue with you, but I do admit that much won't change. There's a big issue with few people posting in the thread, so we're nowhere near the 1000 page traditional reboot; we're only almost 20% of the way there.

Maybe you would want to make weekly updated and post about what you've done? I don't mind you captaining the ship if it is something that engages you, because God knows I ran out of steam around the point I basically said "Every Anime Is Not Fucking Going To Be In This Story", but it's on you to drive the discussion if you do go forward with procedural organization.

It's a careful warning of sorts, a cautious nod to what could be the future. In this hypothetical after-world, I'd come to expect and enjoy lengthy posts involving you butt-punching newbies who don't do things properly or who suggest stupid things every week. Can You Handle That Kind Of Intensity. A weekly, once every seven days dust-up of the thread to make sure the lids are on the Juicy-Juice bottles and all the crackers and beanie weenies are in their places and "Lay Down Jeremy It's Nap Time" rants?

That would be a fun thing, but it's not strictly-speaking necessary. But a constant engage of the thread would keep pushing both direction of flow and make people more interested. I'm always interested in that.

I wonder what you all think, too. If it would be a good idea, here, to have more rigid, precise discussion.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 am

I would be very interested in the well-being and revitalization of the thread if it held any bearing towards the story what-so-ever.

I mean, the no anime rule was broken easily and cameos were put in. To make only one example.

If the thread 'were' to be rebooted with Blood at the helm, would the suggestions matter? Have they ever mattered, or has this thread just 'been'?

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:26 pm

BeeAre wrote:Blordy, you I believe have been keen on this thread for a while, having done a lot of the compiling for me through PMs, right? Did I credit you? I can't remember that shit ugh

Yes that was me. I complied the Master List and sent you regular updates.

BeeAre wrote:If you want to do that (again?) kinda of thing to make the thread more streamlined, I won't argue with you, but I do admit that much won't change.

I wasn't expecting a ton of change resulting from the streamline process. Just figuring out a way to make the list easier to navigate, such as generalized list and a specific list for the more curious.

There are a few things more that I would like from you, such as a clear statement of the purpose of the thread, but that can be taken care of later or gathered from the questions of the community here.

BeeAre wrote:Maybe you would want to make weekly updated and post about what you've done? I don't mind you captaining the ship if it is something that engages you, because God knows I ran out of steam around the point I basically said "Every Anime Is Not Fucking Going To Be In This Story", but it's on you to drive the discussion if you do go forward with procedural organization.

I wouldn't mind that. Would you like private updates as well?

BeeAre wrote:I'd come to expect and enjoy lengthy posts involving you butt-punching newbies who don't do things properly or who suggest stupid things every week. Can You Handle That Kind Of Intensity. A weekly, once every seven days dust-up of the thread to make sure the lids are on the Juicy-Juice bottles and all the crackers and beanie weenies are in their places and "Lay Down Jeremy It's Nap Time" rants?

Gods yes. I need to slip back into my House state, and this could be perfect for that.

BeeAre wrote:I wonder what you all think, too. If it would be a good idea, here, to have more rigid, precise discussion.

I want to hear more of this too. I want to see what all of you guys think about this and motions to move this ahead. Bird does bring up good points, and even if you think this is a terrible idea and have what you perceive as a better one, I want it seen.

Should I do this and it is for naught, then me being "pissed off" is going to be an understatement. I would have to have an avatar of Revy from Black Lagoon to express how upset I would be.

Semper Vigilans

Postby ThatGirlWithGlasses » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:53 am

Hello, first time posting on this site period... Hi! First off I want to say I love the PPGD comic, absolutely made my day. Anyway, when looking at it I thought about how I would love seeing more PPG villains, like HIM, the Ganggreen Gang (especially), maybe Princess, I would just love to see something happen to Princess in the comic. Maybe Sedusa too?
I'm a shipper, deal with it.
AcexButtercup
BlossomxDexter
BubblesxBoomer
Will be updated.
I like the bad boys

Postby Havoc » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:44 pm

BeeAre wrote:I wonder what you all think, too. If it would be a good idea, here, to have more rigid, precise discussion.

Well Personally, I agree with Riz. I don't see the point in restarting this thread. Mostly because the rate in witch people post suggestions in it, isn't exactly, "frequent".

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote:Hello, first time posting on this site period... Hi! First off I want to say I love the PPGD comic, absolutely made my day. Anyway, when looking at it I thought about how I would love seeing more PPG villains, like HIM, the Ganggreen Gang (especially), maybe Princess, I would just love to see something happen to Princess in the comic. Maybe Sedusa too?

Welcome aboard TGWG. I'm glad to see you like this comic so much, we all do. As far as your suggestions go; there's a list on the the first page of this thread(I didn't know if you had checked it yet). If you look at it, you'll see PPG characters are listed under the Unknown Status. As for Princess Morbucks, she's under the Approved/Positive Responses, so there's already a chance she'll be in this comic. If you could give a reason why you think they should be in the comic, and how they would fit in to the plot, then that would great. However, it isn't really my place to pass judgement on this. That's sorta Blood Lord's job, and more importantly, it's all up to BeeAre.

But like I said, welcome to Snafu, please enjoy your stay.

BeeAre wrote:I laugh at the Boomer/Bubbles concept. Letting it play out how it was perhaps going to before Bleedman lost steam? Nix, nix. Better to subvert.

So wait, are you telling me, there won't be a BoomerXBubbles thing?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 pm

Havoc751 wrote:So wait, are you telling me, there won't be a BoomerXBubbles thing?
That seems like a very safe assumption, at least from what Beeare says. But I guess we'll see what happens when that bridge needs to be crossed. Bleedman may fight to have the pairing stay- after all, wasn't he the one who egged it on in the first place?

Boomer's feelings are there. They are already in the story. The best that anyone could do to stop it would simply make Bubbles not feel the same way.

Bird oft Error

Postby ThatGirlWithGlasses » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:31 am

I was wondering if the Rowdyruff Boys were ever going to be addressed again. I hope they do, their always fun when they stir up trouble, even if they don't get with their respected Powerpuff girl. Lol.

@Havoc: Oh I must've missed the Princess one, yes I did read through it, I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't bring up something that had already been addressed, first thought being "the noob posted the same argument we had last week!" thing. Lol. Anyway, as for the villains I want to get involved, for HIM, how could he not get involved in all this, he was one of the big badies in PPG, come on! For the Ganggreen Gang mostly I just want to see an AcexButtercup thing (I have a problem, I'm sorry), also I think they would create a lot of unnecessary tension for the girls just because they're not really villains, they're just deliquents and are causing trouble on top of the other trouble. Princess, I just really want to see her suffer, cuz I don't see her getting into the "League of Villains" that's been built up and she can't be a good guy, so obviously repeatedly being shot down by each party would be fun to watch!
And thank you!
AcexButtercup
BlossomxDexter
BubblesxBoomer
Will be updated.
I like the bad boys

Postby Havoc » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:48 pm

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote:I was wondering if the Rowdyruff Boys were ever going to be addressed again. I hope they do, their always fun when they stir up trouble, even if they don't get with their respected Powerpuff girl. Lol.

Okay, first off; yes the Rowdyruff Boys are coming back. BeeAre said so (encase you didn't know, BeeAre's the writer of PPGD).

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote: as for the villains I want to get involved, for HIM, how could he not get involved in all this, he was one of the big badies in PPG, come on!

Now then, Him. It's a long story. You see, GT and PPGD are two completely different stories, and DO NOT connect, even though it looks like they, do they don't. Everyone who knows this is trying their hardest to convey this fact to everyone else. Adding Him could jeopardize this. If you've read GT, you'd understand why.
Now, with that being said; awhile back, BeeAre had said that he was considering adding Him to PPGD. Rather or not he still plans on doing so, I don't know, you'll probably have to ask him yourself.

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote:Princess, I just really want to see her suffer, cuz I don't see her getting into the "League of Villains" that's been built up and she can't be a good guy, so obviously repeatedly being shot down by each party would be fun to watch!

As for Morebucks, I'm not really sure if she has a set up yet. Hell, I'm not even 100% if she'll still be in the story or not. Again, You'll probably have to ask BeeAre.

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote:For the Ganggreen Gang mostly I just want to see an AcexButtercup thing (I have a problem, I'm sorry), also I think they would create a lot of unnecessary tension for the girls just because they're not really villains, they're just deliquents and are causing trouble on top of the other trouble.

I doubt the Ganggreen Gang will appear, I could be wrong. I Kinda understand the whole wayward hookup thing. Not the ButtercupXAce one in specific. But I would like to see a BubblesXBrick thing.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby ThatGirlWithGlasses » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:28 am

*Sigh* A girl can dream though right?
AcexButtercup
BlossomxDexter
BubblesxBoomer
Will be updated.
I like the bad boys

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:35 pm

ThatGirlWithGlasses wrote:*Sigh* A girl can dream though right?

Yes you can. But believe me, when I joined, I was down right crazy about halo (probably still crazy about sci fi shooters at least). And they all laughed at me for it. Slow down, take some time to understand what's going on, then make a prediction with logical statements (even though they always seem to be shot down by Blood Lord some how). By the way, about Blood Lord, he's a bit of a scrooge, if you ask me. He does his job as a moderator really well, and just looking at his profile picture creeps me out a lot for some reason.
Never anger a magician

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:15 pm

He plays mind games with you, but you get used to it. Stick around for a few years and you may find him one of the people you find yourself the 'most' comfortable to post with, as impossible as that seems.

Hell, just look at my post history when I first joined? I got put in my place harder than you ever did, that's for sure.

But this isn't really about suggestions, is it?

If I had one, it would probably be- I want to see more of the surface world. I want to see what it is, what happened to it, what it looks like. I feel like we don't know enough.

Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:04 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:make a prediction with logical statements (even though they always seem to be shot down by Blood Lord some how).

Because I use logic, and reasoning.

I will find the chink in the armor, and fuck shit up.

TheMadDoctor wrote:By the way, about Blood Lord, he's a bit of a scrooge, if you ask me.

Birdofterror wrote:He plays mind games with you, but you get used to it.

Hmm, this amuses me.

Birdofterror wrote:I want to see more of the surface world. I want to see what it is, what happened to it, what it looks like. I feel like we don't know enough.

In relation to PpGD, I assume? Because the same thing could be said with GT. I would agree with this statement, more knowledge of the surrounding world would be helpful, although not comeplete nessicary for the plot.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Birdofterror wrote:If I had one, it would probably be- I want to see more of the surface world. I want to see what it is, what happened to it, what it looks like. I feel like we don't know enough.

Blood has a point. Witch comic are you talking about? If it's PPGD, what specifically would you like to see more of?
I assume pitching suggestions for GT is not an option, correct? Because I feel like we really don't know enough about the surface world in that comic.

As far as PPGD goes, I think we could really use some more villains in that comic. Seeing how Samantha's on her way out, and whats-his-face got ripped in half by Monkey. Not to mention Mandark died sometime ago.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I assume pitching suggestions for GT is not an option, correct?

There use to be a "Blank should be in GT" thread, but I've lost track of where it went.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:33 am

Blood Lord wrote:There use to be a "Blank should be in GT" thread, but I've lost track of where it went.

So it wasn't stickied then? Is there really anyway we can suggest things for GT? I mean the only reason this thread has any chance of working, is because BeeAre still comes here. Bleed's pretty much "flying solo" with GT now that Grids is gone.
And as we are all perfectly aware by now, Bleed doesn't even come here.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

I was originally asking about the PPGD surface, I want to see what's actually happening: How people are reacting, how the light is affecting everything etc.

All we have seen from a global perspective is a giant white light, but other than that we don't really have a lot to go on. GT would also interest me greatly about their surface world, I want to see if IT also survived whatever horrors it has seen over the decades- so I can hide my suggestions for it within suggestions for PPGD!

Bird oft Error

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)