X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - ACCEPTIN' YO!

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Yay, a Deena! Can't wait to see what you come up with! ^_^
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby darkshark » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Hokay! So.

Name: Genevieve (Jenny) Lancaster
Desired Codename: Nile

Physical Description: Tall and thin, Jenny is a perfect example of an ugly duckling mid-transformation. Her teenage years left her with long, lanky limbs and only slight curves. However, she got used to the size and reach of her body, and can now move and present herself with a portion of the elegance her name implies. Her skin is a dark, warm brown, as are her eyes. Her hair is black, when she decides to grow it out. Most of the time, however, she either keeps it very short (like this short) or just completely shaved off. Her features and gaze are both sharp, without being severe. She tends towards dresses in day to day life, casual sundress affairs, always with her signature small pouch resting on her hip.

Personality: She's very kind, empathetic, and from time to time, even motherly. However, this is only to close friends. She tends to be distant until she gets to know one well (which makes it hard to get to know anyone well, which explains why she doesn't have very many close friends). She doesn't mind people being persistent if they really want to get to know her, but she won't make the same effort in return. To her close friends, however, she's known for her bright laugh, open shoulder, and listening skills. She readily gives advice, but only when asked.
buh

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Hana wrote:Sigh. Bel, if you have to keep asking if there's things you should add, you're not going to be accepted. There is only a certain amount of hand-holding I will do. I've helped you essentially re-write your character's entire plot-hook section. I should not have to tell you what you need to add or remove from the rest of your sheet.

If you need a little help with a specific portion of the sheet, I will be happy to help. But not with vague "hey is there anything else I need?" sort of stuff.

Those who come to me and say "Hey, I'd like some help choosing a really awesome power." will get help with a really awesome power.

Those who come to me and say "Hey, I'd like some help coming up with a background that's going to be unique and interesting." will get help coming up with a background that is unique (different from canon characters, NPCs, and other PCs, for example) and interesting.

However, there is a limit. I cannot help you with the entire sheet. Why? Because YOU have to have the confidence to play your character. You cannot have that if someone else is creating the entire character FOR you, can you?

You have a history of needing way more hand-holding for creation (AND play) than should be necessary. I was willing to give you a chance and see if you had changed, but the the past few days has shaken the confidence I had put in the assumption that you've improved.

Furthermore, the character you've made seems to have no flaws other than being overly emotional. This is called a Mary Sue, and is not something that I'm going to approve.

Well, the only places I need help in are her codename (can't think of a good 1) and her personality, which is where most of her flaws are. Other than that, I think I'm good.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 pm

Genevieve is accepted.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:46 pm

Name: Steve Wagner
Desired Codename:

Physical Description: Steve stands at an average 5 foot 10 with messy short brown hair and brown eyes, which you can never see because of the dark sunglasses he always seems to be wearing. He’s rather skinny and couldn’t really be called ‘handsome’ either by his overall unkempt appearance. He wears a white t-shirt, always not tucked in, with a light blue jacket that’s never zipped up and has the number 11 stitched just above a pocket on the left chest side. His jeans are always worn, slightly ripped, and generally have the look of a layer of filth on them. And his old dirty sneakers complete the look of a typical slacker.

Personality: Steve is, quite possibly, the happiest person you will ever meet in your life. He’s always looking for something fun and entertaining to occupy his time, and if he can’t find anything, well then he’s going to have a fun time trying. Steve also feels that everyone has the same right and will usually drag just about anyone else into these ‘escapades of fun’, especially any friends he has around. Nothing ever really seems to bother him either. Everything always has a bright side to it in Steve’s mind, no matter what the outcome. Steve also loves conversation with just about anyone within earshot, even if they don’t feel like talking back. He just loves company in general.
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
SoulScavenger : Cheesemore, your avatar is awesome. That is all.
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
sam4books : Cheesemore earns an awesome point.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Bel>

Issues. Firstly, a foot shorter than average height would make her 4'5". That would mean she has Dwarfism. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think that's what you're going for. You mention twice how beautiful she is in Appearance. That's a warning flag. If you have to tell us how pretty your character is, we get the message the first time. No need to repeat it. Secondly, are you providing me with the NPC love interest, or is this just backstory filler?

Codename is OPTIONAL. Look at the character sheet again. It says you can leave it blank.

What sort of help do you need with the personality? GIVE ME SPECIFIC QUESTIONS and I will answer them. If you ask one more time for general help, I will have to put my fut down and say that you won't be accepted no matter what.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 pm

...Steve...

"I feel such hate."
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Don't like the name Steve?
Fenix13 : Cheesemore if you get any more awesome this thread is gonna explo- WHAT THE FFFUUUUUUUUUUU- *Everybody dies*
BeeAre : i'm just going to go ahead and say it: this thread is cheesemore's thread now. like. he's officially spam's last post crusader, always seeking the last post like a knight looking for the holy grail. poor bastard. godspeed you goofy motherfucker.
JesusChrist : 16. Cheesemore should always be addressed as "fucking Cheesemore" because he's so pathetic [see: Last one to post thread]
Akaine : Cheesemore...if this was facebook, I'd approve of your comment with clicking 'like'.
The Master of Cheese

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I was going to be all cute and type Steve's acceptance as Nightcrawler, but I fail at affecting a german accent. So. Steve is accept.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:08 pm

I like the name Steve.

But Daniel is going to loathe him.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:09 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:I like the name Steve.

Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Oh, also. Colors. Let's keep them to location tags. No colored dialogue, please.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm

Fair nuff.

Also, Good use of grumpy cat there. Fitting.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Cheesemore » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:14 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:I like the name Steve.

I know, I think it's going to be hilarious when they interact.
The Master of Cheese

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Don't do it near sharp or easily breakable objects.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Sentios » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:29 pm

And now that my power is close to being decided it's time to start on the rest of the CS XP

Good thing I was keeping mental notes of those ideas.
Wizard Status. 5 more years
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

Hana wrote:Bel>

Issues. Firstly, a foot shorter than average height would make her 4'5". That would mean she has Dwarfism. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think that's what you're going for. You mention twice how beautiful she is in Appearance. That's a warning flag. If you have to tell us how pretty your character is, we get the message the first time. No need to repeat it. Secondly, are you providing me with the NPC love interest, or is this just backstory filler?

Codename is OPTIONAL. Look at the character sheet again. It says you can leave it blank.

What sort of help do you need with the personality? GIVE ME SPECIFIC QUESTIONS and I will answer them. If you ask one more time for general help, I will have to put my fut down and say that you won't be accepted no matter what.

Well, the thing with the appearance was me half-asleep typing whatever came to mind. Overall, I think her appearance is good, though I will take out the repeated parts.

The girl was just part of the backstory, I'm hoping her love interest during the RP will be one of the other players' characters.

Every hero deserves a codename and it's another chance for me to get creative, just kind of hard to think of one that matches her specified power.

As for personality, I just need help deciding the few last flaws to give her, such as clumsiness or forgetfullness, and the problems because of them.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Belwicket wrote:Well, the thing with the appearance was me half-asleep typing whatever came to mind.

:/
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby sam4books » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm

So Quinny told me about this little thing.

And since me and my dad are currently geeking out over marvel comics I thought "why not"

and now I am here.

Expect a CS from me soon.
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 pm

OMG, SAM! YUSH!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby sam4books » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Good to see you Hana <3 What can I say? I could never resist your RPs :)
Musicmac: "Sam4Books: Always ready to cheer things up with awesome art. Terms and Conditions apply."
In passing

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Glad to see ya back, Sam.
Demon of Elru

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 pm

<3

Hopefully this one will last longer than some of the others. It's got all the right ingredients for a stellar recipe, lol.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby MQuinny1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Yay. Lotsa people.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby sam4books » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:04 pm

You all can thank this guy here for my return^

He's an asshole.

(I kid)
In passing

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing