Sexist Women

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Sexist Women

Postby Joker-Undead » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:39 am

Hello Everyone.

Joker-Undead here. Men have been called sexist towards women and they a treated like trash by people, but why is it that when a women is being sexist toward men, nobody gives a damn?
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Re: Sexist Women

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:50 am

It's obviously because of the men-over-women thing; equality, you know? There's more to that however. I can't explain much but I'm learning some things about relationships right now in one of my electives in high school.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 am

Because society is over compensating
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby EagleMan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 am

Joker-Undead wrote:but why is it that when a women is being sexist toward men, nobody gives a damn?

Probably because the reverse also tends to be true.

Postby Izanagi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:11 am

For the love of God, never go anywhere near Tumblr.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Wild Card

Postby Izanagi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:13 am

Also no one cares about being sexist towards a man because we live in a male-oriented world. Women have been shat on for the better part of history and continue to be paid lower wages, have a metaphorical glass ceiling over them when it comes to jobs, etc. So it's hard to give a shit if a woman hates a man because men have it good.
Wild Card

Postby Tuor » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 am

Pretty sure lower wages and glass ceiling is generally bull shit, these days. I think women can, in general, get away with far more thing than men can.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Q.U. » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:39 am

There is no true equality. Never was and never will be. Deal with it. Everybody wants more than everybody else. Some have more privileges others less. But so long as we're not all perfectly identical equality will never be possible.

/thread
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Vegedus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 am

Because any kind of sexism men can be the victim of is insignificant compared to women has and still endures. Hurt that somebody made a blanket statement "all men are X"? Try having no role models that don't have their tits showing, being evaluated only based on looks or just as outright inferior in general, or having a much higher chance of being raped by the other sex.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Mathias » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:40 am

Tuor wrote:Pretty sure lower wages and glass ceiling is generally bull shit, these days. I think women can, in general, get away with far more thing than men can.

Not quite. A speaker named Lilly Ledbetter came to campus recently and she said otherwise. There's even a bill in her name, but there's still much headway to be made and women are still getting less wages in jobs that aren't traditional high school employment. The bill really only makes it so that they can ask about wage comparisons to co-workers without fear of retaliation.

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:05 am

...Perhaps I'm just clueless, but what kind of sexism toward men is openly tolerated?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:34 pm

While I wouldn't call it all out sexism, the amount of open double standards and 'special treatment' are usually what bug people, not to mention a lot of inconsistencies with Popular Culture (At least 1-25 years ago) against real life.

Little nit picky things like that. When it comes right down to Female on Male sexism it's usually more a case of a disagreement involving 'He said she said' that goes nowhere and usually ends with both sides being pissed off.

'Actual' cases are very rare, so rare I can't even remember one clearly enough to make an example out of it.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Can you give me some examples? 'cause I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

What double standards, exactly? What special treatment?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Rough Giraffe » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Mathias wrote:
Tuor wrote:Pretty sure lower wages and glass ceiling is generally bull shit, these days. I think women can, in general, get away with far more thing than men can.
Not quite. A speaker named Lilly Ledbetter came to campus recently and she said otherwise.
It's just a myth, dude.

Most of the accusations of unfairness are from feminists with an axe to grind, who are willing to ignore evidence that doesn't fit their narrative or else bend the evidence to fit their narrative. I'm all in favor of speaking out against injustice, but people really should have their facts straight before they make specious claims.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Hana wrote:Can you give me some examples? 'cause I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

What double standards, exactly? What special treatment?
Well the easiest ones would be being fined/warned/fired in the workplace for 'sexually harassing' a female coworker, while the charge was nothing more than reading the word 'Juicy' off of her T-Shirt.

I may be the billionth person to say this, but if you put words on stuff, people will look at them. But that is neither here nor there.

Another would be the skepticism that everyone feels when a man actually comes out and says he's been raped by a woman. Now, I am not going to go in depth about the likelihood of whether or not this ever happened to the fictitious individual in question, I am simply pointing out that it always affects people in the same way.

Everyone always thinks it's a joke for the first third of a second of hearing it, and they actually have to snap themselves into believing it.

And by special treatment, it could be something as simple as people 'not' being automatically skeptical about a woman being in the same situation- at least, not nearly as often. A man being in that situation could feel like the world is against him simply because he's the victim of a crime in which him being the victim is the minority to a degree in which people naturally don't believe him. I don't really stick my nose into this kind of buisness, but it's happened before.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby EagleMan » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Mathias wrote:

Not quite. A speaker named Lilly Ledbetter came to campus recently and she said otherwise. There's even a bill in her name, but there's still much headway to be made and women are still getting less wages in jobs that aren't traditional high school employment. The bill really only makes it so that they can ask about wage comparisons to co-workers without fear of retaliation.

She is wrong, at least in the interpretation that matters. Women do on average make less than men. This does not mean they on average get paid less for the same work. Women are less riskier than men. This is just genetic. Men are at the top and bottom of societies everywhere - most homeless people and convicts are men, and most political and economic elites are men. Women are more likely to settle down in a comfortable spot in their career instead of pushing forward. It's also worth noting that obviously they can get pregnant and this can stop career advancement, where they can just have their husband shoulder the majority of the work. The husband as majority or sole provider is now motivated to be more ambitious and ask for raises or a promotion, so this can result in them being paid more for the same job as a woman or result in men being promoted more than women.

It's also worth considering that more of a man's attractiveness deals with his financial status. A man is more desirable if he makes a lot of money. This isn't as much the case for women, so women have less pressure to make money.

Men are also likelier to take riskier jobs - oil drilling for example, and those jobs tend to be higher paying than safe jobs. Is there still some sexism in the job sectors? Sure. But it's not overwhelming anymore. In fact, there are many sectors where being a women is an asset, such as in the gaming or STEM industries where they are desperate to have more women workers. So there are some counterbalancing factors here.

Obviously women haven't made it to 100% equality yet, but the majority of the war has already been fought and won, just a few battles and skirmishes are left, and success is waiting for many women if they're willing to take the risks and make the sacrifices that are necessary for success that men have to make to stay competitive as a "man". I still hear women saying they just want to be a housewife, and it's not an impossible dream either, but it is somewhat reflective of the motivations of women in the workplace. A man can't just hope to land a rich wife and take care of the kids.

Postby BeeAre » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:37 pm

it's better for everyone all over the world than it ever has been by statistics, but we should keep trying to strive for more than better, of course. i think that despite the potential for abuse, if we can be careful about what things we do to eliminate inequality where we can, we should do those things.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Asmodai » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 am

I keep reading the title as Sexiest Women, and I'm sorely disappointed by what I find inside
Mephobiac

Postby Izanagi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 am

Wild Card

Postby Asmodai » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 am

I knoooooooooooooow
Mephobiac

Postby Sentios » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:39 pm

Warbear wrote:and continue to be paid lower wages, have a metaphorical glass ceiling over them when it comes to jobs, etc. So it's hard to give a shit if a woman hates a man because men have it good.

It's funny how when it's good jobs we're talking about, there's a problem that more women don't have them but not when we're talking about shitty, dangerous jobs.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/cfoi.t04.htm

More fun:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 14776.html

Hana wrote:...Perhaps I'm just clueless, but what kind of sexism toward men is openly tolerated?

You should watch some of her videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlvMAS_20K4

Birdofterror wrote:And by special treatment, it could be something as simple as people 'not' being automatically skeptical about a woman being in the same situation- at least, not nearly as often. A man being in that situation could feel like the world is against him simply because he's the victim of a crime in which him being the victim is the minority to a degree in which people naturally don't believe him. I don't really stick my nose into this kind of buisness, but it's happened before.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/2012-01-18 ... ped-apart/

And there's always family court.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Asmodai wrote:I keep reading the title as Sexiest Women, and I'm sorely disappointed by what I find inside
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby EagleMan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

The world is as you make it. Most every man wants sexy women just delivered to him. Ah, to do no work for it.

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!