RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby lyca » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm in for a +1 for BG if he needs it. I can see the breath coming back into this place as we speak.
Stuck in the see-through zone.

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:23 pm

I have the unorganized WIP if you guys and gals would like to see.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby BG07 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:18 pm

lyca wrote:I'm in for a +1 for BG if he needs it. I can see the breath coming back into this place as we speak.

I think that puts me at 3 officially, both BL and Veg expressed interest but they didn't give me any official votage.

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Imma going to admit, I was hoping it would be like hundred years post-ME3, but there are a lot of tings you have to make standard in a post-ME3 situation.

Still like it though, so I give it my blessing.

Yes, that is a vote.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I have questions.

1: Is anyone here willing to do a single RP with me through PMs?

2: Did anyone like the idea I posted?

3: Would anyone be willing to tell me exactly which RPs are still up and going? I know Hana's X-Men RP is still good.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Hana's X-men
BG07's Mass Effect
Blood Lord's Dragon Age.
Mathias' Animal Kingdom

Those, to my knowldge, are the active RPs.

Your idea is interesting, but I think it could use refinement. I would look at how others presented and structured theirs, and join one or two and then set about creating your own. That way it would give you an understanding of how RPs are structured, and the community tastes. People create their RPs differently, I like to make a book for example and cover every single detail, others don't.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hana's X-men
BG07's Mass Effect
Blood Lord's Dragon Age.
Mathias' Animal Kingdom

Those, to my knowldge, are the active RPs.

Your idea is interesting, but I think it could use refinement. I would look at how others presented and structured theirs, and join one or two and then set about creating your own. That way it would give you an understanding of how RPs are structured, and the community tastes. People create their RPs differently, I like to make a book for example and cover every single detail, others don't.

I'm not a new member, man, I'm returning after trying to improve. Is there anything confusing about the idea?
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Specifically, not that I can think of at the current moment unless I reveiw it, of which I can't right now. Gots finals and a CS for Hana to make. In general, it doesn't interest me from my scan reading of it.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Well, if you do find the time, please read it over.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:35 am

I give a vote to the mass effect rp. Could be interesting if structured right.

Bel, I've done the pm-rp that you suggested, usually for events nobody else should know till it came up in the story, so pm me your little idea and I'll give you a yes or no.

As for your rp idea? I'll give it a look in place of BL since he's busy, if that's cool.

Postby Belwicket » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:23 am

Well, the PM RP is supposed to be more of something to help me keep ideas straight, see which ones work for the storyline and which ones don't, it was going to be the one I posted here.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Your rp reminds me of sucker punch with powers. Do you plan to elaborate about the rp in terms of story beyond simple escape?

Form alliances, root out the betrayers, survive the experiments and plan out an escape?

Postby Belwicket » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Well, those who would betray the kids planning the escape are the solitary patients, who can usually be bribed off, and the "corrupted" kids, other than that, the only trouble would be the guards, doctors and nurses not aiding in the escape.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Zelosse » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:06 pm

You'd do well to explain in your description of the rp about the general plot then. Let everyone know how the game is played and what the ruled are.

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm still working all that out.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Guardian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:24 pm

The key is to be clear. Presentation and organization are key as well, because if it is a hassle for someone to read through, they aren't going to look at it. Generally speaking of course.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Perhaps a few of you could help me re-word what I have and figure out what I haven't.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Guardian » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Ehh, why not. I'll look at it in a few days and PM you a revised copy.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:05 am

Alright, thanks. ^_^
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:26 am

I was thinking of a sci fi RP with time travel involved. You are a leader of an advanced civilization and you must compete with other civilizations for the power of time travel and begin the Great Time War. the game should have several phases of technology, then whoever aquires time travel technology, a new phase will begin: The Time war. Whoever got time travel first will have an advantage of some sort. The original poster should keep track of the score on the first post.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Belwicket » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Seems a good idea, doc.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Archrival » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Depends how he wants to attempt it as it seems very complex.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm

So far it sounds more like a mod for civilization than a roleplaying game.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Vegedus wrote:So far it sounds more like a mod for civilization than a roleplaying game.

Well I'm trying to make it stand out from typical forum RPs, adding time travel in the mix.
Undisputed best cosplayer of snafu

Postby Dorian » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm

It sounds vague and potentially very complicated. I also have no idea how it would work as a forum RP, so an explanation of that is probably the first thing you should write up.
Never asked for this

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing