Hated Cartoons

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Hated Cartoons

Postby Kaseykockroach » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Pretty much anything after the early 60's, save Ren & Stimpy, the work of John Dilworth, David Feiss, Bill Plympton, Ralph Bakshi and Bruno Bozzetto. I like the first four seasons of Powerpuff Girls, and first two of Dexter's Lab as much as anyone else, but I'm not usually interested in Craig McCracken nor Genndy Tartakovsky do beyond those shows.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:55 pm

Ren and Stimpy wasn't from the 60's, dude.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Kaseykockroach wrote:Pretty much anything after the early 60's, save Ren & Stimpy, the work of John Dilworth, David Feiss, Bill Plympton, Ralph Bakshi and Bruno Bozzetto. I like the first four seasons of Powerpuff Girls, and first two of Dexter's Lab as much as anyone else, but I'm not usually interested in Craig McCracken nor Genndy Tartakovsky do beyond those shows.

Okay, 1) Ren and Stimpy were not made in the early 60's and 2) Genndy Tartakovsky did really good after Dexter's Laboratory, like Samurai Jack (my favorite), The PowerPuff Girls, and Star Wars: Clone Wars (which was much better than the new one). All these shows received great response, and were considered cartoon classics.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Kaseykockroach » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:35 pm

"Pretty much anything after the early 60's, save Ren & Stimpy" means Ren & Stimpy is an exception, hence a cartoon I have great interest in that wasn't made during the 'classic' era. I don't understand how you misread that.
I am aware Genndy's done fine work since Dexter (saw Goodnight Mr Foot the other day. Pure eye candy if you ask me). I'm just not terribly interested in his career as a whole to where I have much desire to seek out more.

Postby Mr. Froggy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 pm

Anything angsty or specifically aimed at obsessive fans, which is pretty much why I don't watch anime anymore. Mean spirited characters or too much cynicism is a big no no too.

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 pm

I hate Ben 10, that stupid fucking Sonic cartoon that I can't name off the top of my head, Johnny Test, and several others.
Joker-Undead wrote:
Littlisk wrote:I never liked Totally Spies, typical dumb blonde stereotypes. :/

I hated Totally Spies aswell, sexist characters, bad animation, lame-stories the whole-works.

I totally agree.
...That wasn't meant to be a joke, I swear.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Joker-Undead » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:26 pm

NoHandlebarsAttached wrote:I hate Ben 10, that stupid fucking Sonic cartoon that I can't name off the top of my head, Johnny Test, and several others.
Joker-Undead wrote:

I hated Totally Spies aswell, sexist characters, bad animation, lame-stories the whole-works.

I totally agree.

Glad you can agree with me. That sexist series should never have been made. Even The Amazing World of Gumball has better writing then that crap.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Joker-Undead wrote:
NoHandlebarsAttached wrote:I hate Ben 10, that stupid fucking Sonic cartoon that I can't name off the top of my head, Johnny Test, and several others.
Joker-Undead wrote:

I totally agree.

Glad you can agree with me. That sexist series should never have been made. Even The Amazing World of Gumball has better writing then that crap.

Haha so true. By the way, happy birthday Joker!
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Joker-Undead » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:04 am

Exodis wrote:
Joker-Undead wrote:
Joker-Undead wrote:

I totally agree.

Haha so true. By the way, happy birthday Joker!

Thank you.
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:05 am

Johnny Test... that is all... (not much thought was given into this post)
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

the same amount is put into the animation effort for that show.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby ThatGirlWithGlasses » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:21 am

Johny Test, & I'm sorry, I don't much like Ren & Stimpy (just wasn't my thing), Spongebob I'm calling them the later years (at least in the old episodes they had some kind of moral, now it's just gay, mentally-challenged, stupidity), Ben 10 (seriously how many shows can they make out of this premise). A lot of the XD Cartoons I don't get.
I'm a shipper, deal with it.
AcexButtercup
BlossomxDexter
BubblesxBoomer
Will be updated.
I like the bad boys

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:24 am

I liked the 1st Ben 10 series. After Ben 10: Alien Force, it just went downhill.
XD Cartoons? Even Tron: Uprising??

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby ThatGirlWithGlasses » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:31 am

I barely watch Disney Channel anymore, because the majority of their shows are crap (& I'm wondering where are priorities are nowadays). The ones I'm talking about are Kickbuttowski, Jimmy Two-Shoes, Kid vs Kat, etc.
I'm a shipper, deal with it.
AcexButtercup
BlossomxDexter
BubblesxBoomer
Will be updated.
I like the bad boys

Postby Creppy Eggy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:33 am

Oh yeah, those shows blow. Tron: Uprising is awesome.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Brax4 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:02 pm

Off of the top of my head, not many cartoons come to mind. One I can think of that I really hate is the new Looney Toons, for some reason, I just can't stand it, the animation, the stories, just really lame compared to the old Looney Tunes.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:10 pm

I look at this thread and I laugh at it some how. Face it, the american cartoon industry isn't trying to make it fun for ALL ages anymore. Yes, that means you, and you wonder why the annoying shows still last for 3 or 4 seasons still. They only seem make it as obnoxious as it possibly can so it draws as much attention to young children who apparently are drawn to the most random thing these days. You have spongebob, johhny test, adventure time, you name it. Just loud noise and silly faces is all I see in todays cartoons, no good jokes really.
Never anger a magician

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 pm

^Sadly, This.

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Not really, cartoon producers have realized that their biggest audience is 16-25 year olds. The jokes that fly under the radar and the amount in Regular Show, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls are a testament to that. If you want to talk about a bad era the late 90s were definitely more bombastic and targeted towards kids, but maybe that's because I don't have nostalgia goggles over things like Dexter's Laboratory.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm

I can agree to that. Most of the themes in Regular Show episodes are adult-themed, and sometimes cuss words are said here and there ("Damn"(I think) and "Crap").

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:03 pm

Adventure time just looks a lot like Deadpool's view of the world to me.
Never anger a magician

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Exodis wrote:I can agree to that. Most of the themes in Regular Show episodes are adult-themed, and sometimes cuss words are said here and there ("Damn"(I think) and "Crap").

And "How in the H are we gonna' fix this S?!"
I love Regular Show, a lot of the characters were already created before the show and put into animations by JG Quentil. Pops was originally the mayor of lolly land, which is why he always has lollipops on him. 2 in the AM / PM is about two kids who take acid and begin to see things, one turns into a gumball machine (Benson), and the other into a blue jay (Mordecai).

I actually enjoy a few of the shows Cartoon Network puts out, Chowder, Flapjack, Regular Show, Adventure Time.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Brax4 wrote:
Exodis wrote:I can agree to that. Most of the themes in Regular Show episodes are adult-themed, and sometimes cuss words are said here and there ("Damn"(I think) and "Crap").

And "How in the H are we gonna' fix this S?!"

Oh wow, they actually said that? Man, I've missed out a lot of Regular Show after my mom took out the cable. x_x'

The Intergalactic Huevo

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 pm

It was an early episode, the one where they bust the wall.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Creppy Eggy » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh yeah, I remember THAT one. They made the hole when they were wrestling, right?

The Intergalactic Huevo

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion