Post Count in Spam Discussion

A Free And Independent Scotland.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 am

Considering that no one really "spams" anymore in Spam, posts might as well count again. Doesn't really matter either way I suppose, but it's a forum with actual English and actual conversations. Better than most forums on the Internet at any rate.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:12 am

What Eagleman said. The Spam Forum should count as posts. I mean, it is the most active...
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.


Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:10 pm

I was under the impression that the notion of the post count being a virtual extension to your e-penis had been scrapped and abandoned a long time ago. But apparently I was wrong.


EagleMan wrote:posts might as well count again

An argument of "it's insignificant either way" is not a valid argument for changing something so insignificant.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Exodis wrote:What Eagleman said. The Spam Forum should count as posts. I mean, it is the most active...

That doesn't mean that post should count here. Its the prospect of what could happen here and what happens here.

Why the hell is this being discussed in the name change thread? We have a specific purpose for this thread guys. I'm not opposed for this discussion to happen, but of all places, why is it in this thread where you request your name change?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18978
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Q.U. wrote:I was under the impression that the notion of the post count being a virtual extension to your e-penis had been scrapped and abandoned a long time ago. But apparently I was wrong.


EagleMan wrote:posts might as well count again

An argument of "it's insignificant either way" is not a valid argument for changing something so insignificant.

Most forum features here are, but we still have gender icons, titles, special colors and special graphics. Might as well remove post count then. An argument for inertia is even less valid unless you have a compelling argument for why this forum, as it stands, deserves to not have it count. We should have consistency in the insignificant things we allow, and keeping things the same for its own sake is not valid. Just remove post count or let Spam count. I dislike internal inconsistency.

And Blood just one of those things. What, 4 mods somewhat in the convo already? Just food for thought to modify another relic from a time long since gone by. Plus I doubt all pages here are about the namesake. If you want to start enforcing it strictly might as well do it now but it hasn't been before.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

The reason why there are four mods in this is because when this has been posted in, it gets checked. The conversation I don't have a problem with I just question why here of all places and not its own thread.

This thread does get some reinforcement. It isn't anal enough to have only name requests but it is taken care enough to ensure relevance to the thread. You can look at the last two pages for example. Honestly, I don't want to enforce this thread to a higher degree because I want to trust people with and keep Spam fun. Because for me this section is the bar after work and the rest of the site is the workplace.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18978
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll stop, topic had just caught my attention.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 13880
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:24 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm

unless you have a compelling argument for why this forum, as it stands, deserves to not have it count


Considering that no one really "spams" anymore in Spam (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39353

(...) actual conversations (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51967

Better than most forums on the Internet (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=49039
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27966

To be honest, I don't really want to argue this over. Truth be told, it doesn't matter if you're spamming here right now, or if you're posting original and high quality content (Hahaha...) the fact remains that in this section spamming might well happen easily, at any time by anyone. Not to mention if people want to top up their post count they should be encouraged to leave the spam forum to do it, we need more people in the other sections. It's the same reasoning I'd apply to the news section.

As Blord said, this isn't really the play to discuss it. Feel free to harass mods with PMs if you really care that much about the forum post count adhering to your interpretation of the word "consistent".
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Yog-Sothoth » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm

QU, no need to be hostile.

EM is only discussing an argument, you seem to be becoming a bit confrontational.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:15 am
Location: The labyrinth that is my mind.
Gender: None specified

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:53 pm

And this is not the thread for confrontations. :C :C :C :'C
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm not trying to be confrontational or malicious. I'm being dismissive of the whole issue as way less important than worth all the time we've already spent discussing it.

It's not a big deal either way, and I hear your point. We might change it in the future, if we all end up deciding that it matters enough to warrant a change.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:41 pm
Location: Zerus
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 pm

There. Now we can discuss it in its own thread. Have at, at your leisure.
Image
Official Forum Mom
Wayward
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Chairman's office
Gender: Female

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Creppy Eggy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks, Mom.
As I saw the creature, I was as white as an egg. I was so scared I might crack from fear. As the humanoid began to lunge after me, I was walking on egg shells from how scared I was. It grabbed me, took me to its station, and cracked me open. The last thing I saw were my yellow insides cooked on a pan. Human nature is as evil as a rotten egg.


Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Intergalactic Huevo
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm
Location: City of Angels
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm

You're welcome, sweetie. Don't forget to eat your vegetables.
Image
Official Forum Mom
Wayward
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Chairman's office
Gender: Female

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

I've come to realize that the mods BR promoted equate to cops, good cop, bad cop, undercover cop, and the keystone cop.
Image
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm

So what do I equate to? I was a mod before BR.



.....and don't say "old."
Image
Official Forum Mom
Wayward
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 10670
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:00 am
Location: Chairman's office
Gender: Female

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Hana wrote:So what do I equate to? I was a mod before BR.



.....and don't say "old."

You're the diversity hire or Tyne Daly in The Enforcer.
Image
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:I've come to realize that the mods BR promoted equate to cops, good cop, bad cop, undercover cop, and the keystone cop.

Haha, bravo
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18434
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Vampire Hiryu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

The hell's a "keystone cop"?

And to the "making posts count" thing of the thread... Do you really wanna see me with 79776 posts showing?
Image
ImageImageImage
Such a lovely maiden
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 30928
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location: Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean.
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Bumbling cops, Hiryu.

I don't even know how to classify Warbear.
Image
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Morpheus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:40 pm

He's the cop who gets the donuts.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2278
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 3:30 pm
Location: The most beautiful bush in the world
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 pm

He's Rod Farva.
Image
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

this is so silly guys
you can already see your true post count by using our forum's recently repaired search function to look yourself up

whats the big deal?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:00 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm

warbear is like the good twin of whatis

wrap your heads around that for a second
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

If that were true I'd be a mod.
Image
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 8977
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
Gender: Male

Next

Return to Central Compton Botanical Gardens

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests