Post Count in Spam Discussion

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 am

Considering that no one really "spams" anymore in Spam, posts might as well count again. Doesn't really matter either way I suppose, but it's a forum with actual English and actual conversations. Better than most forums on the Internet at any rate.

Re: Name Change Request Thread

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:12 am

What Eagleman said. The Spam Forum should count as posts. I mean, it is the most active...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:10 pm

I was under the impression that the notion of the post count being a virtual extension to your e-penis had been scrapped and abandoned a long time ago. But apparently I was wrong.

EagleMan wrote:posts might as well count again

An argument of "it's insignificant either way" is not a valid argument for changing something so insignificant.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Exodis wrote:What Eagleman said. The Spam Forum should count as posts. I mean, it is the most active...

That doesn't mean that post should count here. Its the prospect of what could happen here and what happens here.

Why the hell is this being discussed in the name change thread? We have a specific purpose for this thread guys. I'm not opposed for this discussion to happen, but of all places, why is it in this thread where you request your name change?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Q.U. wrote:I was under the impression that the notion of the post count being a virtual extension to your e-penis had been scrapped and abandoned a long time ago. But apparently I was wrong.

EagleMan wrote:posts might as well count again

An argument of "it's insignificant either way" is not a valid argument for changing something so insignificant.

Most forum features here are, but we still have gender icons, titles, special colors and special graphics. Might as well remove post count then. An argument for inertia is even less valid unless you have a compelling argument for why this forum, as it stands, deserves to not have it count. We should have consistency in the insignificant things we allow, and keeping things the same for its own sake is not valid. Just remove post count or let Spam count. I dislike internal inconsistency.

And Blood just one of those things. What, 4 mods somewhat in the convo already? Just food for thought to modify another relic from a time long since gone by. Plus I doubt all pages here are about the namesake. If you want to start enforcing it strictly might as well do it now but it hasn't been before.

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:08 pm

The reason why there are four mods in this is because when this has been posted in, it gets checked. The conversation I don't have a problem with I just question why here of all places and not its own thread.

This thread does get some reinforcement. It isn't anal enough to have only name requests but it is taken care enough to ensure relevance to the thread. You can look at the last two pages for example. Honestly, I don't want to enforce this thread to a higher degree because I want to trust people with and keep Spam fun. Because for me this section is the bar after work and the rest of the site is the workplace.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby EagleMan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I'll stop, topic had just caught my attention.

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:34 pm

unless you have a compelling argument for why this forum, as it stands, deserves to not have it count

Considering that no one really "spams" anymore in Spam (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=39353

(...) actual conversations (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=51967

Better than most forums on the Internet (...)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=49039
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27966

To be honest, I don't really want to argue this over. Truth be told, it doesn't matter if you're spamming here right now, or if you're posting original and high quality content (Hahaha...) the fact remains that in this section spamming might well happen easily, at any time by anyone. Not to mention if people want to top up their post count they should be encouraged to leave the spam forum to do it, we need more people in the other sections. It's the same reasoning I'd apply to the news section.

As Blord said, this isn't really the play to discuss it. Feel free to harass mods with PMs if you really care that much about the forum post count adhering to your interpretation of the word "consistent".
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Yog » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm

QU, no need to be hostile.

EM is only discussing an argument, you seem to be becoming a bit confrontational.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:53 pm

And this is not the thread for confrontations. :C :C :C :'C
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm not trying to be confrontational or malicious. I'm being dismissive of the whole issue as way less important than worth all the time we've already spent discussing it.

It's not a big deal either way, and I hear your point. We might change it in the future, if we all end up deciding that it matters enough to warrant a change.

Re: Post Count in Spam Discussion

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:37 pm

There. Now we can discuss it in its own thread. Have at, at your leisure.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks, Mom.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm

You're welcome, sweetie. Don't forget to eat your vegetables.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm

I've come to realize that the mods BR promoted equate to cops, good cop, bad cop, undercover cop, and the keystone cop.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:56 pm

So what do I equate to? I was a mod before BR.

.....and don't say "old."
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Hana wrote:So what do I equate to? I was a mod before BR.

.....and don't say "old."

You're the diversity hire or Tyne Daly in The Enforcer.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:I've come to realize that the mods BR promoted equate to cops, good cop, bad cop, undercover cop, and the keystone cop.

Haha, bravo
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Hiryu » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 pm

The hell's a "keystone cop"?

And to the "making posts count" thing of the thread... Do you really wanna see me with 79776 posts showing?
The one true pairing of Snafu
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Bumbling cops, Hiryu.

I don't even know how to classify Warbear.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Morpheus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:40 pm

He's the cop who gets the donuts.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 pm

He's Rod Farva.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

this is so silly guys
you can already see your true post count by using our forum's recently repaired search function to look yourself up

whats the big deal?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby BeeAre » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:19 pm

warbear is like the good twin of whatis

wrap your heads around that for a second
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Whatis6times9 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:21 pm

If that were true I'd be a mod.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Next

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!