X-Men: E341 OOC - STILL Accepting!

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: X-Men: E341 OOC - ACCEPTIN' YO!

Postby Glacier » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Damn, I want to get into this.. alas I don't have the free time without my car.

Have fun ladies, gents, etc!

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Whenever you do get free time, Glacier, send me a PM. I'll still accept awesome characters even after we start.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Glacier » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:54 pm

:) Thanks, I'll be lurking from time to time until then...

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 am

Hmm, might be longer on that CS than I thought. I'm having a good writer's block at the moment.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:25 am

I wanna join this so badly. I even have a name, powers, a bit of his appearance and personality... but I gots the school and I'm gonna be busy!! ;_;

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 am

Then join. You don't have to write a novel like some people do. Surely you can carve out 15 minutes every couple of days or so to play...right?
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Exodis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 am

I can... yeah, I can.
Alright then, I'm back on the saddle. Will post my character sheet soon as possible!

Stuff: Exodis is funnier than people give him credit for.
The Greatest Post To Ever Grace This Forum
Hail to the Savior

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Name: Luis “Lu” Neam
Desired Codename: Lumenias

Physical Description: Lu stands at five feet and eleven inches. And still growing. His lengthy hair rests down his shoulders before being tucked into a thick band to neatly trail his strands straight down his back a few inches. His bangs are parted and neatly trimmed to rest just barely over his eyes. The hair to the sides of his bangs is tied into a pair of thick braids that hang down to the base of his neck. His skin is a soft hue of almond and as smoothly soft as his hair. His eyes are thin and as cold as the boy himself, carrying a gaze of dark grey that resembles the black and grey shades of his hair. He has a large tattoo on his back that starts at his shoulder blades and goes down to his hips. The exact origin is difficult to place as it seems to be a mixed number of different tattoos strewn randomly together with no true purpose or sense for artistry.

Lu’s preferred attire is a smart, casual, but still dominantly business-oriented style. Grey sports jackets -- typically corduroy -- over white dress shirts, and plenty of black trousers of various styles. Somewhat similar to his sense for pants, he owns a few different styles of shoes for varying situations. All black, of course. He carries a silver ring on his right and left middle fingers with a dark sapphire embedded into both bands.

Personality: Serious, calm, strict, and very lacking in humor. Intelligent and always looking for new sources of information. Lu is rather stiff at first and has a potent love for rules and justice. Has lack of humor is actually due to his distaste for jokes in general, and would never be caught even thinking of joking about anything. Direct and confrontational when he finds someone to be wrong or doing wrong. Very loyal and compassionate though, and would easily give his life for the safety of another, even a total stranger. His intellect is expansive and encompasses an understanding of various emotional situations despite his own lack of emotion in most cases.
Demon of Elru

Postby Sentios » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Hmm, might be longer on that CS than I thought. I'm having a good writer's block at the moment.

I wish I had writer's block, I'm having tons of ideas and all of them are either overpowered as balls or boring or not mutanty.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Revamp an old one?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm

Name: Samantha Carter
Desired Codename: Irona

Physical Description: Samantha is a beautiful young woman, though a half foot shorter than the average height, and has a perfectly healthy body look and weight to her. Her chest, despite her near-constant need to excercise, is a little bigger than average. She is muscular but not overly so. She has bright blue eyes and keeps her hair in a foot-tall mohawk, dyed red with black tips.

She wears mostly t-shirts with her favorite bands on them, such as Disturbed, Evanescence, t.A.T.u, etc. She prefers to wear jeans but can be caught in denim skirts with leggings underneath. She wears red and black DC skate-shoes and is never seen without her ATM skateboard.

When with the X-Men on a mission, she wears a 2-piece outfit which consists of silver pants and a short-sleeve, low-cut black shirt with a silver X across the chest. While in her suit, she combs her mohawk down and wears a wig, trying to hide that it's her.

Personality: Samantha is a caring girl with a love of making friends. She's rarely seen alone, other than when she's studying, and is always keeping an eye out for that special someone. She doesn't like school and is only staying to graduate as early as possible.

She loves food, pizza especially, and can often be found hanging out with her friends in the nearby pizza parlor. Other frequent hangout spots are the mall, the skatepark and the library.

She dislikes boys and has had too many chances to rudely turn a boy down. However, her friendly demeanor stops her and she ends up telling him nicely.

She's very braggy when it comes to other skaters and often gets in arguments, usually ending with her doing some very difficult trick to shut them up. She rides her skateboard a lot and always loses her cool when she crashes, whether she lands on her face or her rear. She loves her skateboard but always beats it against the rail or pole when failing a trick. Being made of a very lightweight, resilient metal, her skateboard can take much more damage than any wooden counterpart.

She loves her family but often gets in fights with her twin sister, Alexandria, and usually about Samantha's power. Samantha being a mutant put a big seperation between the twins, one that would never fully heal.

She also spends time reading manga, wanting to eventually become an artist good enough to draw her own. When reading a manga, Samantha completely tunes out everything, which has often caused her trouble. Because of a manga she was reading, she nearly got hit by a car, though was luckily stopped by a beautiful young woman Samantha immediately fell in love with.

Because she is clumsy when not riding her skateboard, Samantha often trips and makes messes. Sometimes, her clumsiness can be used in her favor, such as accidentally throwing her tray at the school bully upon tripping over the feet of the head cheerleader. Other times, not so much, such as dropping a beaker in science class. Despite her clumsiness, she usually tries to keep a positive outlook on life, though she usually ends up cussing at her skateboard when she fails.

Samantha is also very easily distracted, having fallen off her board or crashed many times when looking at a beautiful girl, which has also led to the loss of most of her past girlfriends. When Samantha sees a girl, she starts to stare, usually trying to muster up the courage to ask her out. She is also easily distracted while at the library and around books in general as she loves to read. She's often stopped mid-sentence upon seeing a book she hasn't read yet.
Last edited by Belwicket on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Sentios wrote:I'm having tons of ideas and all of them are either overpowered as balls

You might be surprised. I thought my guy's powers might be a bit much for the start, but Hana's response was "You want him to be able to fly too?"

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

...Can he?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:19 pm

That's for me to know and you to find out.

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

I think I chose a good power. It's not too OP but it's still very stong and very useful.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby MQuinny1234 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Good to know.

Fel@...Guess I could wait until I can push you off a cliff or something.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Sentios wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:Hmm, might be longer on that CS than I thought. I'm having a good writer's block at the moment.

I wish I had writer's block, I'm having tons of ideas and all of them are either overpowered as balls or boring or not mutanty.

Overpowered is a relative thing. Let me put it this way. You start out with big power, you grow tiny bit. You start out with small power, you grow lots!

If you've got a seed idea and need help working it out, PM me or catch me on Skype. I'm more than willing to help out!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby QuickSilver » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 pm

There is very little that could be thought up that would be more over-powered than some characters in the marvel universe.

The reality-changers for example.

It is explicitly stated that there is 'always a bigger fish' and if you get too powerful some incarnations of cosmic concepts tend to appear and make you disappear.

But considering the Juggernaught has the power of invincibility, invulnerability, no finite limits to his strength and being unstoppable, I think most anything any of us think up for this RP will be within reason, heheh.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Luis is accepted.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Fellguarde » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 pm

QuickSilver wrote:But considering the Juggernaught has the power of invincibility, invulnerability, no finite limits to his strength and being unstoppable

Pffft. I can count the number of times Juggernaut has lived up to his 'unstoppable' title on one hand. The Unstoppable Juggernaut exists to be stopped.

Postby Sentios » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Fellguarde wrote:You might be surprised. I thought my guy's powers might be a bit much for the start, but Hana's response was "You want him to be able to fly too?"

It's me, when I realize something's overpowered it's obscenely overpowered.

Example from my list of definitely not going to happen, why did you spend 20 minutes thinking about it: Able to suspend the existence of self or inanimate objects for a given length of time; effectively jumped forward in time (chronological age and experienced time discrepancy) by accidentally suspending his own existence for 20 years. [Even if Hana might approve I don't want to play something this easily abused, that's why I posted it.]

I'm currently weighing the pros and cons of various other abilities, the base character features are already something I have more or less defined since I'm trying to avoid a 'living embodiment' of a given feature clicheman.

It is explicitly stated that there is 'always a bigger fish' and if you get too powerful some incarnations of cosmic concepts tend to appear and make you disappear.

Yea I'm also trying to not become the catalyst for turning the RP into 'power levels' the game, I've done it before.

The top reasons I've rejected various powers in order
:Not what I consider a human mutant-like power, too unique/niche (most of these have been powers I found on superpower wiki; includes things like being a swordmaster, being stronger in a given location, or simply not being human to begin with)
:Boring to me
:Overpowered - Another example: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Vari ... nipulation
:Too common
:Not really good for a RP situation
:Thinking someone else might have picked it, want something somewhat unique at least compared to others in the RP.

I'll work through it I just need some time to let various ideas settle in my mind.

Postby Hana » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:45 pm

You know, some of the greatest characters have 'common' powers. Just use those 'common' powers in an ingenious way.

I mean, how many telekinetics are there in Marvel? Yet...there are some truly awesome and memorable telekinetics. See?

If it helps, here's a short list of powers for highly probable NPCs that aren't canon comic characters:
Fire Generation/Manipulation
Super Strength + Super Endurance
Metal Manipulation
Kinetic Absorption
Inorganic Disintegration
Biological Morphism
Vibrational Manipulation
Mimicry

If you want any of these, let me know. If you're not comfortable with an NPC having the same power, I will give heavy consideration to removing or changing said NPC.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Ro Wong » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Could also just cut up a power to use a small trait of it. I mean, that existence displacement idea seems like it's an upgraded teleport power.
Demon of Elru

Postby Sentios » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I don't mean common is bad, I simply just don't want to play something I've seen dozens of times before (though telekinetics probably overlaps with many of the things I'm considering depending on how creatively one stretches it). I'm not seeing any conflicts between my list and your list at the moment, thanks for that. I'll try again tomorrow, it's late and I need sleepies time for work.

Could also just cut up a power to use a small trait of it. I mean, that existence displacement idea seems like it's an upgraded teleport power.

In practice it would be been more like pausing something and hiding it from all forms of detection except by beings who can exist outside of existence. Or you could think of it as sending things into the future, with different flavor mechanic behind it.

Postby BG07 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 pm

I just added my character's codename because I just happened to finally think of a good one haha XD

Also I have an idea for another character... or rather I just had another idea for a great superpower... Are we allowed multiple characters? Or shall I pass on this awesome power to another?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing