New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: Stop, Pause, Rewind (04/04/13)

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:32 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:I'm pretty sure they could. If a human could do that to another human, then why not a superhuman against another superhuman?

I agree with you. Like cutting a diamond, with another diamond.

Birdofterror wrote:Well, I don't know about you- but that would seem mighty satisfying to do against the person who knocked you out, only to subsequently be dragged over to Mandark's lab and be drowned.

But instead, all she does is threaten her 'dog?'

KILL THE BITCH ALREADY! YOU HAD THE CHANCE! What the hell Blossom? Now you destroyed the universe.

Good job.

Honestly, I kinda like the idea of that, yet at the same time, I have some issues with it too.
It reminds me a lot of Star Wars, where Anakin killed Count Dooku, for revenge and the fact that he was to dangerous to keep alive. And like Anakin, this could be Blossom's one-way ticket to the dark side. It's a slippery slope.

Now this sound really cool in its own way, but if Blossom starts turning evil on us, people are gonna start relating this to GT more and more. And I really don't want that to happen.

However, by the time this is all over, I'm hoping for some sort of tragedy.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Brandun13 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 pm

Brandun13 wrote:Would just separating it from the main power / back up power really have changed much at all?

I'm not sure how its possible if Blossom destroyed the power cord, how there's an auxiliary power source there. It's probably somewhere else in the area. Besides, the bomb has to go off. A facility that looks like that looks like it should have an auxiliary power source. A generator elsewhere.

Yeah but if they went trough so much trouble to put it in that specicfic one maybe its not gana do what they actaully want it to do.
Thirteen

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:29 pm

The generator itself probably doesn't run into the tower thing.

It could have reset the bomb as well, meaning it would have to be pulled out, armed again, and reinserted into the tower. This way would assume that the tower is now receiving power.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Kyrogue2 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:47 pm

I was for sure that she was aim for gir.

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Kyrogue2 wrote:I was for sure that she was aim for gir.

I think we all thought she was aiming for Gir. Hell, I thought Gir was gonna die. Btw, welcome to the forums. :]
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
Kyrogue2 wrote:I was for sure that she was aim for gir.

I think we all thought she was aiming for Gir. Hell, I thought Gir was gonna die. Btw, welcome to the forums. :]

Second that!
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 pm

I wonder how the power outage will effect Buttercup's fight with Samantha.
If the lights go out, who would get the upper hand? I don't recall any of the PPG having the ability to see in the dark, and more than likely, Sam probably has either night-vision, or thermal imaging built into her robotic eye(s). So it's likely the temporary darkness will give her an opportunity to counterattack.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:08 am

Havoc751 wrote:I wonder how the power outage will effect Buttercup's fight with Samantha.
If the lights go out, who would get the upper hand? I don't recall any of the PPG having the ability to see in the dark, and more than likely, Sam probably has either night-vision, or thermal imaging built into her robotic eye(s). So it's likely the temporary darkness will give her an opportunity to counterattack.

Well, the lights came back on thanks to the back up generator. In Buttercup's fight against Sam, yeah, Sam is mostly likely to have those built in. What android would not have one? I'm not sure if Sam was able to do enough damage against Buttercup since the lights went out temporarily, but yeah, that charge was way too much power to cut cord, imo (with the fight against Blossom and Bell...... and Gir lol). Not only that, but its like we have a whole new story. We never saw the lights go out where Bubbles and the others were. My question is: How does this coincide with the story that we knew before this (page) and the April Fool's Page? How will all this get to the REAL solid story?

Buttercup vs Samantha... Maybe a little Bloodsport lol

Genius, yes, with the whole thing of fooling us that Blossom was or was not going to kill Gir.
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Damn, no one's posted here in a while. It's a little sad :(

CTCFirebird wrote:Buttercup vs Samantha... Maybe a little Bloodsport

I'm still wondering if at least a good portion of Samantha is still organic.
Like the other half of her face, and most of her tarsal.
What I'm hoping will happen is Buttercup will get Jack's sword back and strike Sam with it.
Upon witch she'll discover Samantha's not all robot. Then she'll go into a state of panic and guilt, over the fact that she killed a human.

I remember BR saying something along the lines of "each event will play out in accordance with the characters emotional context", or something like that. So I assume Buttercup's anger will play a key role in all of this, or at least in Sam's death.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Lets face it. Samantha is a terminator at this point now.
Never anger a magician

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:31 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:Lets face it. Samantha is a terminator at this point now.

she kinda is now isn't she
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby MERASMUS! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Damn, no one's posted here in a while. It's a little sad :(

What I'm hoping will happen is Buttercup will get Jack's sword back and strike Sam with it.
Upon witch she'll discover Samantha's not all robot. Then she'll go into a state of panic and guilt, over the fact that she killed a human.

I remember BR saying something along the lines of "each event will play out in accordance with the characters emotional context", or something like that. So I assume Buttercup's anger will play a key role in all of this, or at least in Sam's death.

I don't think buttercup even thought of Samantha as a robot up until this point. Now (still saying) Samantha is a terminator, her head isn't even human anymore.
Never anger a magician

Postby Havoc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:16 pm

TheMadDoctor wrote:I don't think buttercup even thought of Samantha as a robot up until this point. Now (still saying) Samantha is a terminator, her head isn't even human anymore.

You guy are probably right. Although I'm not yet ready to rule out the "still somewhat human" possibility.
I'm guess when she dies, we'll get to see what she's made of. Hopefully Buttercup will preform a samurai sword biopsy.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 am

Havoc751 wrote:Damn, no one's posted here in a while. It's a little sad :(

LOL About time. At some point I was thinking of posting to myself until someone else posted, but I guess I would've spammed LOL

CTCFirebird wrote:Yo, what's up, CTCFirebird!

CTCFirebird wrote:Hey! Long time, no chat! :)

CTCFirebird wrote:Yeah!

LOL

Good thing I didn't. I guess I'll post in other threads/topics if this happens again.

Well, If you're an android... I guess the right term in this case would be 'cyborg.' For half human, half machine. Yeah, I would like for Buttercup to learn a lesson the hard way. It seems to be happening sooner or later! Buttercup needs a guilt trip as she's failed Samurai Jack's class. She may change her way later on when she's going up, but whatever happen, happens for the best. She'll be stained with blood no matter what happens if this continues or even learn from it. No way she could wash her sins as a hero. I guess Xena (warrior princess) would be a good example in that sense.

K13-ZAR wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:Lets face it. Samantha is a terminator at this point now.

she kinda is now isn't she

<sighs> Skynet... Damn you for taking over!

Havoc751 wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:I don't think buttercup even thought of Samantha as a robot up until this point. Now (still saying) Samantha is a terminator, her head isn't even human anymore.

You guy are probably right. Although I'm not yet ready to rule out the "still somewhat human" possibility.
I'm guess when she dies, we'll get to see what she's made of. Hopefully Buttercup will preform a samurai sword biopsy.

I wouldn't just point out her head alone. Try her whole body. That's a wise decision not to rule out anything yet. Samantha will have to give her a good fight before she dies. I don't really see the point of Buttercup murdering the fuck out of her and not having Samantha attack. I mean, Buttercup shouldn't let Samantha hit her, but Samantha SHOULD counter and fight back with everything's she's got before she does. She should tire out Buttercup at least.

'A Samurai Sword Biopsy...' Sounds like Dexter's field of study. Unless you're referring to decapitating her with Jack's Samurai Sword as a sign of respect as Samantha's on her knees and have Buttercup bowing her head at her opponent...
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:15 pm

CTCFirebird wrote:Well, If you're an android... I guess the right term in this case would be 'cyborg.' For half human, half machine. Yeah, I would like for Buttercup to learn a lesson the hard way. It seems to be happening sooner or later! Buttercup needs a guilt trip as she's failed Samurai Jack's class. She may change her way later on when she's going up, but whatever happen, happens for the best. She'll be stained with blood no matter what happens if this continues or even learn from it. No way she could wash her sins as a hero.

Yes that's exactly what I'm hoping to see. The reason I suspect Buttercup will come out of this learning a harsh lesson, is because of what Ms.Honeydew said, "Do take this too personally". Witch could be some form of foreshadowing. Also the fact she discarded Jacks lecture, could add to it. But yes, stained with blood, figuratively, and maybe even literally. I wanna see her go into a state of shock, like a "No, what have I done!" kind of thing.

What do you mean by "She may change her way later on when she's going up"? Like when she goes back up to ground level? I hope the guilt doesn't wear off that easily, that would be a little disappointing.

CTCFirebird wrote:'A Samurai Sword Biopsy...' Sounds like Dexter's field of study. Unless you're referring to decapitating her with Jack's Samurai Sword as a sign of respect as Samantha's on her knees and have Buttercup bowing her head at her opponent...

Well by "samurai sword biopsy" I meant; Buttercup cutting her open with a killing blow, and we all would get to see what's inside (wires, oil, blood etc.).

CTCFirebird wrote:I wouldn't just point out her head alone. Try her whole body. That's a wise decision not to rule out anything yet.

Well that's kinda what I was getting at. I suspect maybe half of her face, her brain, and maybe even a good portion of her body. Come to think of it, we know both of her arms are robotic, but what about her legs?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:47 am

Havoc751 wrote:Yes that's exactly what I'm hoping to see. The reason I suspect Buttercup will come out of this learning a harsh lesson, is because of what Ms.Honeydew said, "Do take this too personally". Witch could be some form of foreshadowing. Also the fact she discarded Jacks lecture, could add to it. But yes, stained with blood, figuratively, and maybe even literally. I wanna see her go into a state of shock, like a "No, what have I done!" kind of thing.

What do you mean by "She may change her way later on when she's going up"? Like when she goes back up to ground level? I hope the guilt doesn't wear off that easily, that would be a little disappointing.

Well, I would like to see that, too. But Samurai Jack is going to have to be there and yell at her for what she's done and make her realize something, but then she'll have to figure that out on her own. It will have to take Buttercup a while since she would fail to see what Samurai Jack's been trying to teach her. He'll have to walk away from her and tell her "Sorry... But you'll have to figure that out on your own." Something like that!

Oops. That was a mistake. I meant when she's grown up. Not going up...
No, of course not. The guilt won't be THAT easy to wear off. Like I said "She'll be stained with blood no matter what happens if this continues or even learn from it. No way she could wash her sins as a hero. I guess Xena (warrior princess) would be a good example in that sense."

Havoc751 wrote:Well by "samurai sword biopsy" I meant; Buttercup cutting her open with a killing blow, and we all would get to see what's inside (wires, oil, blood etc.).

Ah ok! I believe it may be like Raiden from Metal Gear Solid for her insides with a combination of how the Terminator is built... Skynet... But it has to be related to the human body. Especially, with the major muscle groups (Trapezius, Latissimus Dorsi, Pectorals, Serratus, Abs, Carpi/Brachialis, Deltoids, Triceps, Biceps, etc. lol yeah I know my anatomy... Just basically the Major Muscle Groups as I am an artist myself). Maybe a portion of her is human, but I guess she is more bionic.

Havoc751 wrote:Well that's kinda what I was getting at. I suspect maybe half of her face, her brain, and maybe even a good portion of her body. Come to think of it, we know both of her arms are robotic, but what about her legs?

It has to be. If her legs are human, then she won't be able to sustain that weight above. With all that stuff built in on top, won't be able to stand. I guess its like you lifting at least 20 layers or more sheet rock or whatever it may be by yourself. She has to have balance and strength so... yeah. That too also has to be 'robotic' as you say. Those stuff has alot of weight for each part.
I am the Winner

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:50 am

I don't think Jack is going to yell at her for killing Samantha. After watching some of Samurai Jack, I would be surprised if he yelled at her for destroying a machine.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:01 am

There are at least four types of cyborgs that I explore and understand, Borg, Cybermen, Daleks, and Prometheans. All of those four were regarded as robots, except for the attempts on explaining why turning humanity into robots are a bad idea, and captain picard is an exception too. If Samantha is a robot at this point, the only thing human left, is her brain and emotions (particulary her bitchy attitude).
Never anger a magician

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:31 pm

I kinda wish heroes would be more sensible.

I understand not killing her, but i'd have broken the damn arm at least. Plenty of room between doing nothing and outright killing them.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I don't think Jack is going to yell at her for killing Samantha. After watching some of Samurai Jack, I would be surprised if he yelled at her for destroying a machine.

Well that depends rather or not Samantha is "fullmetal". But either way, I think you're right. It's probably not in Jack's nature to yell. However, he'll probably express how "greatly disappointed" he is in her, through some sort of lecture. Rather Buttercup comes back covered in oil, or blood, will also more than likely effect how he feels.

CTCFirebird wrote:It has to be. If her legs are human, then she won't be able to sustain that weight above. With all that stuff built in on top, won't be able to stand. I guess its like you lifting at least 20 layers or more sheet rock or whatever it may be by yourself. She has to have balance and strength so... yeah. That too also has to be 'robotic' as you say. Those stuff has alot of weight for each part.

Not to mention, her ability to fly. Sam's robot legs might have like anti-gravity generators in them or something like that.

CTCFirebird wrote:Oops. That was a mistake. I meant when she's grown up. Not going up...

Okay, that makes more since. Like it scaring her for the rest of her life, right? Yeah I can definitely see that happening.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I see Jack as being more proud of her if she comes back covered in oil. Probably remind him of the good old future days.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I see Jack as being more proud of her if she comes back covered in oil. Probably remind him of the good old future days.

But what if it turns out Samantha was still part human?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 pm

I think the new page helps clarify parts of that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)