RolePlay - Idea Board

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: RolePlay - Idea Board

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 am

Play the game, it's worth not knitting for 10ish hours.
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:13 am

....We're obviously not on the same wavelength here, lol. Any reason to knit for 10 hours is a good reason to knit for 10 hours!

And if it's anything like Left 4 Dead, I will never be able to finish it. Because a controller is not a gun.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Exodis » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:21 am

But... but...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Kid

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 am

Hana wrote:....We're obviously not on the same wavelength here, lol. Any reason to knit for 10 hours is a good reason to knit for 10 hours!

And if it's anything like Left 4 Dead, I will never be able to finish it. Because a controller is not a gun.

It's nothing like Left4Dead. It's an adventure game. Point and click sort of thing. The appeal is the story it tells and it does it very well.
Never asked for this

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:01 am

In that case, I might not suck at it, ehehe. I'll see about picking it up.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 am

Just make sure it's the game by Telltale and not the shooter called Survival Instinct, because that's a different game and it sucks.
Never asked for this

Postby QuickSilver » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:11 am

I am up for a X-men RP.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Ro Wong » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:06 am

What the hell, more the merrier. BG gets a vote, Hana gets a vote. Everybody else gets a cookie.
Demon of Elru

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 am

+1 to Hana, I'll just revamp maddy for it.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:56 am

There's voting going on?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:08 pm

3 for Hana's at my count...That apostrophe right?
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:29 pm

The hell are we voting on? I don't see a RPG being posted, just ideas bouncing around.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Blood Lord wrote:The hell are we voting on? I don't see a RPG being posted, just ideas bouncing around.

Here.

I didn't think I need to make a massive creative-writing post and a shit-ton of rules and info like I usually do. You guys know I can RP. You know I can GM. Everybody knows about the world of X-men, and how mutants work. What do I need to explain? I'd rather use creative energy on the game itself.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:26 pm

I didn't see it. Yeah, I'd be down to try an X-men RPG. +1
Semper Vigilans

Postby Hana » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:27 pm

And that makes four. Schweet.
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Vegedus » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Hana wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:The hell are we voting on? I don't see a RPG being posted, just ideas bouncing around.

Here.

I didn't think I need to make a massive creative-writing post and a shit-ton of rules and info like I usually do. You guys know I can RP. You know I can GM. Everybody knows about the world of X-men, and how mutants work. What do I need to explain? I'd rather use creative energy on the game itself.

I think that's totally legit. In fact, maybe we could savour our RPs more despite their eventual fading out, if they were a bit more "plug and playable", with less energy put into starting up.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BG07 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 am

Mass Effect: Basics

In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.
The civilizations of the galaxy call it... MASS EFFECT.
….
Premise:
This RP takes place in the sprawling Mass Effect universe based upon the popular video game series. The storyline of this RP begins just before the events of the first game, meaning that all of the characters and events from the original games will be present in this RP in some form or another. It should also be said that although this is the same universe the story of this RP will have its own plot that will only occasionally bump heads with that of the actual games.

At the beginning of this game everyone will be on equal footing, no one will be starting off this game as badass merc number 37… I have every intention of having people slowly develop their characters from the ground up, establishing their personalities and abilities through the game’s storyline.
The game will start off at a remote training facility run by a sprouting security organization called C-3. Whether you are a poor orphan with nowhere to go, a budding biotic who struggles with their powers, or a crafty criminal looking for sanctuary… C-3 promised that they would turn no one down and accept everyone into this elite academy. Some would say that this offer is too good to be true however C-3 does state their catch very clearly within their terms. Whoever joins the academy and receives special training must stay within the organization for a minimum of 4 years, to some this is but a small price to pay for steady food, board, and training. No matter what your reason, you boarded the shuttle and were taken away to this elite academy. Not many know much about the C-3 organization, only that they have come into power over the last few years and specialize in providing paid security for whoever can afford it. Most people just call them glorified mercenaries and in a sense that is simply what they are.

….
Playable Races:
There are many races in the Mass Effect galaxy, however I’m going to try to keep the playable character types to the more humanoid types. These are the playable races for this RP.
-Humans
-Asari
-Drell
-Salarians
-Turians
-Volus
-Batarians
-Krogans
-Quarians
-Vorcha

Get more information on the races here http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Races

Playable Classes:
In the mass effect world there are three types of specialties. Combat, Tech, and Biotics. At the beginning of the RP everyone will choose just one of these as a starting point. Later on you will be given the choice to branch off from your original specialty for new abilities or to stay within your original choice and reap additional skills.

Starting Classes-
Soldier- Combat
Engineer- Tech
Adept- Biotic

Branch Classes-
Vanguard- Combat/Biotic
Sentinel- Biotic/Tech
Infiltrator- Tech/Combat

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Classes

Weapons/Equipment:
It should be noted that your class will affect the weapons and armor that you are capable of carrying. Soldiers can wear heavy armor and can use any weapon type, however Engineers and Adepts can only wear light armor and wield pistols, shotguns, or sub machineguns.

Character Sheets:
I like to see detail here, but at the same time you don’t need to write me a novel.

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Starting Class:
Starting Equipment: (This section will be added shortly after the start of the RP, so leave this blank for now. It will include weapons and armor)
Powers/Skills: (Please choose two starting skills/powers based upon your starting class. More will be added later.) http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Powers ... ffect_3%29

Postby Hana » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 pm

+1 to BG!
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby Ro Wong » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Already got mine. But now I can't decide on a race...
Demon of Elru

Postby Belwicket » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:09 pm

The military is full of men and women who have promised to keep our great country safe. Safe from the heretics, the blasphemers, the terrorists. But not everyone in the military is as pure-hearted as we want to believe. There are secret divisions of the military that are trying to make better weapons, better armor and better soldiers. They've gone about each section differently, including using POWs as lab rats for some things.

Their latest project, which started in the year 2020 and is run by Dr. Irvine Schroder, has included kidnapping infants and more recently, other young children. Each of them, through the testing that has been done to each of them, has been given supernatural powers. They range from electropathic and -kinetic to something as simple as increased speed and/or stamina. Schroder and the doctors he's hired are trying to make an army full of super soldiers, each designed to be a one-man army.

In the underground laboratory in a secluded valley near Pennsylvania, there are an unknown number of us who were taken at birth or soon after. Many of us have died. Few remain. We live to fight.

I am Alice. I have been in here for 15 years. I am looking for allies. I am looking for a way out. I am looking for freedom.

There are 6 possible classes for chars-

-Adults- (25+)

Doctor - they run the tests on the patients

Nurse - they assist the doctors or sometimes run tests themselves

Guard - they lead the patients through the halls to their different appointments as well as bring them their meals

-Children- (6-16)

Patient - the majority of the children in the lab

Solitary - children that don't play with others or have proven to be a danger to others

Corrupted - they are children that have gotten their powers and joined the forces of the guards for a certain reason, they are called corrupted by patients but called Future Soldiers by adults

Powers:

Each character can have up to 3 powers as long as they are similar (ex. pyrokinesis and hydrokinesis would not work well together) and each power must have a weakness.

Char sheet

Name: (first and last)
Appearance: (details)
Powers/Weapons: (powers are for children only, maximum 3, doctors and nurses may hold a pocket knife or small gun at most)
Attitude:
Class:
Book: (Will you add a chapter in the book he's writing?)

Please put a line between multiple chars.

My character:

Name: Alice Thompson
Appearance: Alice is an attractive young woman with shoulder-length red hair, dark green eyes, an average build and height, a rather small chest and scars all over her back. She wears mostly plain-colored t-shirts and leggings under a mid-thigh long loose skirt. She is never seen without a bag of paper on her, whether it be in her hand, on her back or on the floor next to her.
Powers/Weapons: Alice can control paper. Being a natural at Archery, she often turns her paper into a bow and a collection of arrows. However, this is not her only form of attacking. She can also create swords from the paper for close combat or wings if a quick escape is needed. She cannot use her power if the paper is wet. While under her control, the paper can take hits from bullets and most blades. However, it is still paper and can be burned.
Attitude: Alice is a seclusive and not very trusting person. She dislikes most patients and hates most doctors and all corrupted.
Class: Patient
Book: Alice will be in the book but there will not be a chapter to focus on her.

The following are my brother's characters who will appear sometimes in the RP

Name: Axel Tenno
Appearance: Axel has dark green eyes that shine in the light and glow in the dark and light brown hair, cut short. He wears a red t-shirt, a pair of black denim jeans, a black hoody for when it gets cold and a pair of red and black skate shoes. He is rather tall, muscular and has 2 metallic limbs, his left arm and right leg.
Powers/Weapons: Axel can morph metal. With a touch, it bends to his will and becomes whatever he wishes. His limits with this power are he cannot change the type of metal nor change the mass. He also cannot utilize his power if he is near too much wood.
Attitude: He's a hard-headed, headstrong type of guy that loves to have fun. He's often laughing as he runs through the halls in what he calls a "daily game of cat and mouse". Not many people can piss him off but those who do better watch out.
Class: Patient
Book: Chapter 2
----------
Name: Hayden Mercer
Appearance: Hayden has bark brown hair, nearly black, and deep blue eyes that look like oceans in the right light. He wears a blue military-like uniform, complete with shirt, undershirt, pants, boots and cap. His is of average height and build with no other distinguishing marks.
Powers/Weapons: Hayden's powers are his weapons. With a thought, he can summon a flaming chakram in his left hand and an electrified glaive in the other. He is weak to water and is unable to bring his weapons out while wet.
Attitude: He's usually a calm guy, especially around his love, and often near impossible to piss off. However, if you do piss him off, beware. Hayden is one guy you don't want after you.
Class: Corrupted
Book: Chapter Written
----------
Name: Dr. Richard Turner
Appearance: Dr. Turner has light brown hair, dark brown eyes, and a gentle appearance, despite the long, white lab coat he's always wearing. Underneath the coat, he wears a pair of black slacks, black dress shoes, light blue or white button-up shirt and a tie of varying colors and designs. He is rather short and skinny and often seen eating when not performing tests.
Powers/Weapons: Being a doctor, he has no powers and the only weapon he carries on himself at all times is a pocket knife for if he gets attacked by a solitary child.
Attitude: He is a kind man, always trying to help the children, despite the fact that if he were to get caught he'd lose his job.
Class: Doctor
Book: Dr. Turner will be writing a chapter.

Any questions?
Last edited by Belwicket on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby QuickSilver » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:32 pm

The idea is very vague and I find myself confused, Belwicket.

I understand the dramatic connotations of your description, but perhaps expanding upon it to detail a few things will make it easier to understand and more appealing.

Consider detailing the following:
o The setting: Where does this take place? Which country, what world, what time period?
o The hook: What is the unique aspect to this RP? What are the types of powers in this world? What is their purpose?
o The mood: Is this a cheerful, animated-series style RP or a gritty, no-hold's barred traipse into the human psyche?
o The plot: What is the story? Where do the players come into it? What back story exists to create motivations from?

Apologies if your idea was discussed previously. I have only returned to Snafu recently. Hope this helps otherwise.

Best of luck.
Swords and Sorcery

Postby Belwicket » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Actually, it's an edited version of an old RP my brother tried here (before he was banned) and then on dA (where it became popular) before ultimately turning it into a book. I'm just trying to improve it so it can be accepted here.

Edit: I've added to the idea and written out my CS. Please tell me if anything else is confusing or hard to understand.
They taped over your mouth, scribbled out the truth with their lies, you little spies - You will release your life, joining with the god-damned world of the dead and the lonely. - Я сошла с ума, Mне нужна она
Innuendo Squad's Resident Lesbian
Mother of darkness, mother of light, earth beneath us, soul in flight, songs of love and love of life, guide us to our heart.
We all come from the Goddess and to her we shall return like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
High Queen Dovahkiin

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Darnit, I missed my bday here. oh well. I wanted to post a RP here for it, but wasn't sure if it'd be up to snuff, or if you guys would even be interested in a kaiju, mechs, demons, angels, and aliens related RP.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

Postby Hana » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Kaiju, mecha, demons, angels, and aliens all...in one game?

That's, um....a little much, isn't it? Well, I suppose it depends on the game...Power Rangers hits three of the five...
Official Forum Mom
Wayward

Postby BradaoOfCartha » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:10 pm

I almost lol'd in the middle of class. No, it's not power rangers, don't worry.

Edit:
A friend suggested the idea to me. He wanted persona mechs, I wanted something different, and I mixed the two together.

Edit 2:
It was made by inspiration from some of my favorite anime, manga, and video games.
Last edited by BradaoOfCartha on Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey everybody, PandaBrady here, with more roleplaying!

Also, please support Monty Oum, his work is amazing, especially RWBY. I wish I was that good.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing