New Grim Tales Comic:Tourists Guide to the Underworld 4/3/13

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:Tourists Guide to the Underworld 4/3/13

Postby DaklozeDuif » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:46 pm

The Nightosphere! :P

Postby superjp164 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:10 pm

*Whispers silently in the background* "Nightosphere" :up:

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Havoc751 wrote:Wow, this looks off the hook.
When it said, "Our story begins here by the way", I assume they meant the City of Aku.
So we're probably going to be introduced to this Blossom/Aku girl, right off the bat.
I'm curious to see what her affiliation with the grim family is/will be.

i just hope this Blossom/Aku girl is not Mimi's sister. And im also curious to see what part she plays in this tale, most likely something evil or sad
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Havoc » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:44 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:i just hope this Blossom/Aku girl is not Mimi's sister. And im also curious to see what part she plays in this tale, most likely something evil or sad

Um...I think there's a good chance this "thing" is Mimi's half sister. But I have to wonder what her age is compared to Mimi. Was she born before Mimi or after? I'm having a hard time rapping my head around the timeline, and reason to all of this. Maybe this "deity" was created through some other means, besides conventional birth.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:i just hope this Blossom/Aku girl is not Mimi's sister. And im also curious to see what part she plays in this tale, most likely something evil or sad

Um...I think there's a good chance this "thing" is Mimi's half sister. But I have to wonder what her age is compared to Mimi. Was she born before Mimi or after? I'm having a hard time rapping my head around the timeline, and reason to all of this. Maybe this "deity" was created through some other means, besides conventional birth.

The other possibility could be that this is Blossom herself who is possessed by Aku after everything happened with Mimi...

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:38 pm

Or she isn't related to Blossom at all.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Or she isn't related to Blossom at all.

true, but the look and the having the blossom on her head thing kind of insinuates it... actually wait, sometimes siblings will have children that look more like their aunts and uncles than their mother and father. what if it's bubbles or buttercups kid huh? not likely at all, but it let's us be one step closer to evilpuff without blossom sleeping around.

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:51 pm

Possible. I didn't take a flower in the hair to really mean anything, I just though that's what goes with the Japanese dress. Hair color is kinda meh on this one too since Aku is known to have the same hair color.

The issue I struggle with is that the girl looks older than Mimi, imho. IF Blossom was ever with Aku, then how did Him get and possibly rape her without a can of shit-fuck being opened between Aku and Him? Did Blossom become another power hungry Underworld whore? If she has a connection with Aku, and there was a Aku x Blossom thing, why is she dressed like a scientist in the future and not dressed in a fashion that would match Aku?

Did she make a deal with Aku, and raped by Him on different occasions?

There are just a lot of factors and issues that I'm trying to get to line up right in order for me to accept that it really could be a child of Blossom and Aku.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:00 am

Blood Lord wrote:Possible. I didn't take a flower in the hair to really mean anything, I just though that's what goes with the Japanese dress. Hair color is kinda meh on this one too since Aku is known to have the same hair color.

The issue I struggle with is that the girl looks older than Mimi, imho. IF Blossom was ever with Aku, then how did Him get and possibly rape her without a can of shit-fuck being opened between Aku and Him? Did Blossom become another power hungry Underworld whore? If she has a connection with Aku, and there was a Aku x Blossom thing, why is she dressed like a scientist in the future and not dressed in a fashion that would match Aku?

There are just a lot of factors and issues that I'm trying to get to line up right in order for me to accept that it really could be a child of Blossom and Aku.

see and that's why i think it must be either bubbles or buttercups kid, aku is immortal unless jack's sword is involved. that alone would make HIM think twice, then there's all of Aku's other powers.

it would be just simply too far fetched to say both of them had bedded blossom and no demon blood was shed on either side, or that it would happen in the first place. so yes beside making more story sense it would make these blossom is a whore comments go away faster (i mean if it's true blossom would still of only sleep with 2 people we know of, how does that make her a whore, i've slept with more than 2 people does that make me a whole?)

lastly, while i'll agree HIM could of raped her, that isn't what it sounded like. remember the page where HIM said were desperation can make a heroine a whore. kinda implies it wasn't rape.

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 am

Blood Lord wrote:Possible. I didn't take a flower in the hair to really mean anything, I just though that's what goes with the Japanese dress. Hair color is kinda meh on this one too since Aku is known to have the same hair color.

I actually have a theory/idea on how this happens. Still working out a couple of details...so let's get the basics out of the way.

1. I think it's made very clear that Blossom wanted nothing to do with Him, whatever deal she made with him was an act of desperation, and even if she wasn't constantly present in her daughter's life she was obviously concerned about Mimi, and loved her.

2. On this latest page, it says that Aku stepped down/retired. Now...it would take something pretty world-shattering for Aku to do something like that. He's proud and loves to be in charge. He has no reason to give up anything, so I'm assuming this comic eventually gives him a reason. I'm also assuming Jack is dead, or otherwise of no concern.

3. There's the child, whose parents are    Aku and Blossom. (Confirmed from a source bleedman contacted, who told me just now. Sorry to the haters but...it's apparently happening?????)    As for looking older than Mimi, it could just be that she has small eyes :D Plus, Mimi with her powers could be immortal like Him, and older than this kid (which is what I'm going for in this theory).

Now be warned, this does involve Aku actually giving a crap about Blossom (shock, disgust, dismay, how could you do such a thing). He tends to be pretty obsessive, so I can see him getting kinda clingy/attached in a relationship. But yeah, the theory:

My guess is that somewhere along the line, after Him kills the last of the heroes, Blossom goes to the underworld to try and get Mimi back from Him. The underworld being the underworld, perhaps she ends up in Aku City, which is the closest thing to normal civilization she finds. After all, it's "a world which closely resembles our own". There, she appeals to Aku. Aku knows who she is; most of the underworld knows who she is, as the Powerpuff Girls are arguably the most well-known heroes in existence. Let's say Aku takes a liking to Blossom--why not? She's beautiful, intelligent, powerful, and her will! So, beholding the one creature he might consider an equal or at least worthy of him, he not only declares his interest in her, but offers Blossom the deal of a lifetime: if she stays with Aku in the city, they will rescue Mimi from Him (and maybe Aku hates Him, too, or something, just to make the deal that much easier).

Blossom, having been through untold amounts of pain, and having witnessed so many monstrosities in her life, doesn't think this is such a bad idea compared to what she's been through. Everyone else she knows is dead, this god-figure just admitted to having a crush on her, and what other options does she have? Willing to do anything to save her daughter, she accepts Aku's deal. And maybe this time, Blossom has no qualms making a deal with a demon. Maybe she grows to like Aku a little. He's evil, sure--but he's certainly not the most evil person she's ever met; he's respectful towards her, and he's openly fixated with her. She learns to trust him. They get cozy. Whoops, another puff-demon baby. It's okay though, because maybe that's what they both wanted. (Admit it, they'd both be awesome parents. Between Blossom's motherly doting and Aku's bedtime stories...man.)

Blossom then decides it's about time Aku keeps his end of the deal by letting her go and retrieve Mimi on her own. She's prideful enough, confident in her powers, and believes she can do it. She's beaten Him many times before. Aku, also confident in her abilities, lets her go. Both of them are excited to see Mimi and bring her into their little 'family'.

Of course, when Blossom goes, Mimi kills her. When Aku finds out, he is obviously devastated at having lost his partner/mate/equal/blossom/etc. Devastated, and pissed. He renounces his title to protect and raise the child Blossom left him, planning to someday fulfill his obligation and rescue Mimi, and introduce her to her sister. (Also when he's too busy/is needed elsewhere, Demongo guards the child.)

The Reaper family currently has Mimi and she's powerless, so this would tempt Aku and his daughter to try and snatch her up while they can. That's where this chapter would start, and why the Reaper family is suddenly about to get involved with Aku and his kid literally just after acquiring Mimi.

I'm legitimately very sorry for all that nonsense, it's 2 AM and I'm inspired. It's the only way I can think of tying everything together in a way that sort of makes sense with the information we've already been given, in the time frame of everything, while still (hopefully) keeping the characters accurate to themselves in the context of the story. Idk. If anyone has anything they wanna add/expand upon, feel free. Got better ideas, shoot (Or shoot me, if you want) :P
Last edited by askura on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:22 am

askura wrote:3. There's the child, whose parents are    Aku and Blossom. (Confirmed from a source bleedman contacted, who told me just now. Sorry to the haters but...it's apparently happening?????)   
:fuckedup: It's over. Everything's over. The internet's over. I'm done.

It's cold... so cold...

Turn out the lights...

I want to sleep...
Bird oft Error

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:35 am

Birdofterror wrote:
askura wrote:3. There's the child, whose parents are    Aku and Blossom. (Confirmed from a source bleedman contacted, who told me just now. Sorry to the haters but...it's apparently happening?????)   

It's cold... so cold...

Turn out the lights...

I want to sleep...

couldn't resist

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 am

askura wrote:

I actually have a theory/idea on how this happens. Still working out a couple of details...so let's get the basics out of the way.

1. I think it's made very clear that Blossom wanted nothing to do with Him, whatever deal she made with him was an act of desperation, and even if she wasn't constantly present in her daughter's life she was obviously concerned about Mimi, and loved her.

2. On this latest page, it says that Aku stepped down/retired. Now...it would take something pretty world-shattering for Aku to do something like that. He's proud and loves to be in charge. He has no reason to give up anything, so I'm assuming this comic eventually gives him a reason. I'm also assuming Jack is dead, or otherwise of no concern.

3. There's the child, whose parents are    Aku and Blossom. (Confirmed from a source bleedman contacted, who told me just now. Sorry to the haters but...it's apparently happening?????)    As for looking older than Mimi, it could just be that she has small eyes :D Plus, Mimi with her powers could be immortal like Him, and older than this kid (which is what I'm going for in this theory).

Now be warned, this does involve Aku actually giving a crap about Blossom (shock, disgust, dismay, how could you do such a thing). He tends to be pretty obsessive, so I can see him getting kinda clingy/attached in a relationship. But yeah, the theory:

My guess is that somewhere along the line, after Him kills the last of the heroes, Blossom goes to the underworld to try and get Mimi back from Him. The underworld being the underworld, perhaps she ends up in Aku City, which is the closest thing to normal civilization she finds. After all, it's "a world which closely resembles our own". There, she appeals to Aku. Aku knows who she is; most of the underworld knows who she is, as the Powerpuff Girls are arguably the most well-known heroes in existence. Let's say Aku takes a liking to Blossom--why not? She's beautiful, intelligent, powerful, and her will! So, beholding the one creature he might consider an equal or at least worthy of him, he not only declares his interest in her, but offers Blossom the deal of a lifetime: if she stays with Aku in the city, they will rescue Mimi from Him (and maybe Aku hates Him, too, or something, just to make the deal that much easier).

Blossom, having been through untold amounts of pain, and having witnessed so many monstrosities in her life, doesn't think this is such a bad idea compared to what she's been through. Everyone else she knows is dead, this god-figure just admitted to having a crush on her, and what other options does she have? Willing to do anything to save her daughter, she accepts Aku's deal. And maybe this time, Blossom has no qualms making a deal with a demon. Maybe she grows to like Aku a little. He's evil, sure--but he's certainly not the most evil person she's ever met; he's respectful towards her, and he's openly fixated with her. She learns to trust him. They get cozy. Whoops, another puff-demon baby. It's okay though, because maybe that's what they both wanted. (Admit it, they'd both be awesome parents. Between Blossom's motherly doting and Aku's bedtime stories...man.)

Blossom then decides it's about time Aku keeps his end of the deal by letting her go and retrieve Mimi on her own. She's prideful enough, confident in her powers, and believes she can do it. She's beaten Him many times before. Aku, also confident in her abilities, lets her go. Both of them are excited to see Mimi and bring her into their little 'family'.

Of course, when Blossom goes, Mimi kills her. When Aku finds out, he is obviously devastated at having lost his partner/mate/equal/blossom/etc. Devastated, and pissed. He renounces his title to protect and raise the child Blossom left him, planning to someday fulfill his obligation and rescue Mimi, and unite her with her sister. (Also when he's too busy/is needed elsewhere, Demongo guards the child.)

The Reaper family currently has Mimi and she's powerless, so this would tempt Aku and his daughter to try and snatch her up while they can. That's where this chapter would start, and why the Reaper family is suddenly about to get involved with Aku and his kid literally just after acquiring Mimi.

I'm legitimately very sorry for all that nonsense, it's 2 AM and I'm inspired. It's the only way I can think of tying everything together in a way that sort of makes sense with the information we've already been given, in the time frame of everything, while still (hopefully) keeping the characters accurate to themselves in the context of the story. Idk. If anyone has anything they wanna add/expand upon, feel free. Got better ideas, shoot (Or shoot me, if you want) :P

while there are quite a few assumptions in this, it holds together better than most. still wish the mom was someone other than blossom, but can't win them all...

Postby Havoc » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:06 am

Birdofterror wrote:

It's cold... so cold...

Turn out the lights...

I want to sleep...

I think what you meant to say was:

@askura: That's a really long, yet interesting theory, I like the way you think. One theory I came up with, was maybe this Aku/Blossom girl, is angry about the death of her mother, and wants to get back at Him. Either by killing Mimi, as an act of revenge, or she could work with Jr. and Minnie, in order to help kill Him. nothing says she their enemies yet.

Also, you have direct sources to Bleedman?

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:17 am

@askura: That's a really long, yet interesting theory, I like the way you think. One theory I came up with, was maybe this Aku/Blossom girl, is angry about the death of her mother, and wants to get back at Him. Either by killing Mimi, as an act of revenge, or she could work with Jr. and Minnie, in order to help kill Him. nothing says she their enemies yet.

Also, you have direct sources to Bleedman?

She could be very angry about that as well, maybe as angry as her father would be. We'll have to wait to see what kind of relationship she'll have to the other characters....

And...not exactly. A friend of mine was approached by him, actually. He said he wanted to use her Akubloss kid, and she said no, so he made his own. She wanted her identity kept private.
Aku aficionado and dumb headcanon specialist, at your service.
links:
Deviantart
Art Thread
"It's too soon for this shit"

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:49 am

I just realized...I know Him says "Heroes can become whores in their most desperate hour" in reference to Blossom...but not only could he be referring to whatever happened that resulted in Mimi, he could also be aware of Blossom being with Aku at some point as well...
Aku aficionado and dumb headcanon specialist, at your service.
links:
Deviantart
Art Thread
"It's too soon for this shit"

Postby Biostar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:38 am

Its getting harder and harder for me to sympathize with Blossom.

He's literally pure evil, for pete's sake.

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:48 am

Biostar wrote:Its getting harder and harder for me to sympathize with Blossom.

He's apparently less evil than both Mandy and Him, if those two are #1 and #2 on Grim Tales' Sliding Scale of Evil.

It's actually kind of amusing to see so many people hating on Blossom when the chapter hasn't even really started yet and we know absolutely 100% nothing about how this new kid came to be. I'm just over here speculating ;P

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:24 am

I can forgive being with Him, believe it or not. Him has a lot of evilness, but we have seen in bits and pieces that he has emotion, he has empathy.

I'm not sure about Aku, but I have the feeling that is true for him as well.

But at this time, it really seems like Blossom COMPLETELY lost her fucking mind. Maybe she went with Him while not under the influence of anything, but Him AND Aku? That seems completely insane. Not to mention this has had to happen BEFORE Him had her killed.

After all, can't fuck demons if yer' dead.

Wait...

Was Blossom cheating on Him with Aku? Is THAT why all of this happened? Is THAT why he destroyed Megaville?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Biostar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 am

askura wrote:

He's apparently less evil than both Mandy and Him, if those two are #1 and #2 on Grim Tales' Sliding Scale of Evil.

It's actually kind of amusing to see so many people hating on Blossom when the chapter hasn't even really started yet and we know absolutely 100% nothing about how this new kid came to be. I'm just over here speculating ;P

I'm not hating on her, but this is certainly making me question her character in this comic.

I'm also speculating and nothing comes to mind that makes this okay with me. If Bleedman has an explanation that doesn't stretch my suspension of disbelief, I'll be astounded. Aku "retiring" is already doing that somewhat.

Postby askura » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:58 am

Biostar wrote:
askura wrote:

I'm not hating on her, but this is certainly making me question her character in this comic.

I'm also speculating and nothing comes to mind that makes this okay with me. If Bleedman has an explanation that doesn't stretch my suspension of disbelief, I'll be astounded. Aku "retiring" is already doing that somewhat.

Yeah, that part really confuses me too which is why I think something completely fucked would have had to happen for him to "retire". How does one retire from being a power-hungry, genocidal monster? Furthermore, WHY?! I guess we'll get some kind of explanation soon but ummm considering the driving force behind most of Aku's actions is "controlling everything", it bothers me that he'd give that up. It says he's still feared and respected, so maybe he still has some control? Who would lead if he didn't, Mandy? pls.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 am

superjp164 wrote:If its called the 7 realms of Hell and now we know 5 of them then what are the other 2 realms :?:

Well, based on Billy's backstory, we know the GT underworld does have a classical Hell, ruled by and actual Satan. That could be one of the missing two (originally I though this area and Him's area were the same place, but since it Clearly says Him is the Ruler of his sector it can't be since Satan was described as the Ruler of Hell in the comic as well. It can't be the Nightosphere either, for the same reason (Hunson is the ruler there) So unless Satan is sort of a capo de tutti capi ruler of all but possesin no realm himself, his area has to be there too.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:47 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
superjp164 wrote:If its called the 7 realms of Hell and now we know 5 of them then what are the other 2 realms :?:

Well, based on Billy's backstory, we know the GT underworld does have a classical Hell, ruled by and actual Satan. That could be one of the missing two (originally I though this area and Him's area were the same place, but since it Clearly says Him is the Ruler of his sector it can't be since Satan was described as the Ruler of Hell in the comic as well. It can't be the Nightosphere either, for the same reason (Hunson is the ruler there) So unless Satan is sort of a capo de tutti capi ruler of all but possesin no realm himself, his area has to be there too.)

ok are you guys seriously forgetting Raven's dad Trigon? He could be and most likely one of the missing rulers of the underworld realms being the ruler of sin...

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:13 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:ok are you guys seriously forgetting Raven's dad Trigon? He could be and most likely one of the missing rulers of the underworld realms being the ruler of sin...

Blood Lord wrote:I explained this earlier in the post, but I will again. Trigon is an extraterrestrial demon, and not an Earthly Demon. The rulers of this underworld all had some link to the earth in the past, usually their place of creation. Because of that you can consider that this is Earth's Underworld, and Trigon's realm would belong to a different world's/area's underworld, or a completely different realm/dimension all together. I find this assumption to be most entertaining since Trigon could also have been killed by now by the Adult Raven, or didn't survive his encounter with her in the Teen Titans. I forget what happened at the end of that episode.

Trigon doesn't have a place in this Underworld.
Mercypostle

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 am

oh right... :brickwall: i totally forgot about that part kinda hard to keep track of things when waking up and posting first thing in the morning

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)