Defiance

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Defiance

Postby Brax4 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:55 pm

So far, I haven't been overly impressed with the beta, but it's not horrible. About to pop the actual game in and get some hours logged in it. Has anybody else looked into this game?

EDIT : Well, I'll be checking it out in about 20 mins. because it HAS to install to my console... This is new?

EDIT EDIT : Seriously, like 5 Patches and this is the first day of it's release. I've spent far too long just waiting. And it's still not done!
[ LVL 131 ]

Re: Defiance

Postby Remni » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 am

I was interested in it, I played the beta on 360, and barring the lag issues it had the first day, I enjoyed it a bit. Beta was missing quite a lot of stuff though. As far as installing on the console, I'm guessin that's due to it being an MMO, cause I think you had to do the same with FFXI on 360 as well.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Q.U. » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:07 am

Some people complain that the AI is braindead.

Not sure how to take that.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:39 pm

It's a so so game. Nothing super amazing that it's blowing my mind. There's a ton of issues, so many that after the 12 first day patches, there's still nothing really fixed. The company that makes it even sent out a letter via Facebook stating that they're working hard to get everything working properly.
Yeah, there's bugs, but it's still pretty fun, I have a lot of lag issues, but that's possibly due to my crummy internetz.

EDIT : I take it back, it worked once, still with bugs, that was yesterday. Today I've tried multiple times and I'm getting an unplayable game, enemies completely disappearing, missions don't work, etc. I can't believe they released this without working out at least MOST of the kinks to allow for a semi-playable game.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 pm

That's surprising to me that they would release a game without going through to make sure the basics are working correctly.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Tell me about it, I would rather have a fully (or nearly) finished game that's had a pushed back release date rather than a game that I'm not sure when I can play without error. I'm just randomly gonna' have to try it, which means removing the game in the slot, sticking in Defiance, probably taking it back out when it doesn't work, and so on.
Ah well, Battleblocks Theater finally came out, and Terraria, those may keep me busy for a while.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Remni » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Even more surprising is that it's from Trion, who completely blew people out of the water with how well Rift was handled upon it's release, with having such few bugs as they did and fewer server issues. Someone completely mishandled it somewhere.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
||The soul sheds light and death is it's shadow. When the light dims, life and death embrace.||
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:48 pm

Yeah, but RIFT was a PC exclusive right? I guess it'd be challenging to have a game on PS3, Xbox360, and PC. But it's still pretty bad that they still haven't resolved any issues, the Beta had a lot of bugs but it worked for me at least.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Senel » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Unfortunately for Trion SyFy gave them about a year and a half-two years to make this. Then they had to release to coincide with the show.

Location: That city where The Office supposedly takes place in.

Postby Brax4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm

I forgot about that. I guess it makes sense. I'm actually a bit interested in the show, still more interested in the game if they can get it right.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Brax4 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:38 pm

So finally, I was able to play, my final analysis at the moment, about a 3/5 game. Why? Because with the bugs, it's bad, it constantly times out, graphics, and other random other happenstances. BUUUUT, I have to say, it's pretty fun when it wants to work properly, the missions are well thought out, the armor system is fun, though it doesn't really do anything for your shield, just looks entirely. The community seems pretty well populated, allowing for fun with arkfalls (a place where hundred of players populate an area to complete a small mission, such as destroying a giant enemy or what have you.). It seems like a cheap Borderlands, but with mmo quality, and third person perspective. In that aspect, it's okay.

The competitive multiplayer... Not much to say about it because the Shadow War, which takes place on the entire map with 32 players doesn't work, and the deathmatch is well... Lackluster, mainly because you bring the items you have in the normal game into your multiplayer, which doesn't help for balanced teams. Seems like it was just tossed in there without any thought or passion.

So, if they can get their shit together, they'll have a great game, something that could lay out a future for multiplayer console games entirely. 'Til then, they're stuck with an average / below average score.
[ LVL 131 ]

Postby Drago2552 » Thu May 02, 2013 12:12 am

Guys they fixed it
anyways i am looking for a team to play with. I win most of my multiplayer games. Also looking for a clan so i am up to join. quote me if you want to play.

Postby Brax4 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 pm

I felt as though the multiplayer vs mode kind-of lacked something. I would join, but currently I'm going to be held up with :
-Assassin's Creed 3
-Bioshock 2
-Bioshock Infinite
-Injustice
-Deadpool (When it comes out)
-Saints Row 4 (When it comes out)
And some others. I have way to many games I want to finish..
[ LVL 131 ]

Return to Snafu Gaming