New Grim Tales: End to a long birthday (03/25/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales: End to a long birthday (03/25/2013)

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:27 pm

I wonder what spiders taste like?
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:08 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:Perhaps, because of this whole underworld thing, soul transfer isn't exactly...easy, or Grim's thing. Plus, cloning whatever the hell Minnie is may be slightly difficult. She's a pretty rare specimen.

"Easy", I won't comment on. But it definitely falls within Grim's territory. He's posessed others on the show and even showed Billy how easy it was. If Billy can figure out how to posess another body, it can't be that hard. And if the body doesn't have a soul in it already, then functionally possesing it permanently is the same thing as a soul transfer. And if Grin is the one and Only Grim Reaper (i.e. he's the grim reaper of everyone, and all the varios reapers of the varios theologies are merely different aspects he has) then he is also Ghede (a.ka. Baron Samdei) Voodoo loa of death, Lord of the Graves, and ultimate master of ALL zombies; soul removal and transfer would be his bread and butter.
And as for Minnie's unusual makeup it's not all THAT unusual. She's 3/4ths human 1/4 Nergal, but the Nergal bit seems to have left with the eye, so what's left is probably all human. Heck, she may have ALWAYS been all human, from what we have seen of how Nergal demons are created, it is entirely possible that Nergal himself may be a human with a demon coat (there was that bit in one episode when he scrubbed his armpit so hard it broke through his black skin, and there was a human chest underneath that.) the Negal seems to function as a symbyote, so there may not actually be a strain of it in Minnie's DNA; making her the way she was could be more about cloning the human, re-infecting it, and then a lot of rehabilataion (even cloned Minnie would immediately have her fighting skills back since a lot of those would have been built into her muscles and nerves by dint of long hard training. New body, blank slate. have to learn it all again (though with a pre-trained mind, it would likey be faster than the first time.)

Joker-Undead wrote:I wonder what spiders taste like?

According to those who have eaten then (mostly larger ones, like tarantulas) sort of like shrimp, (which I suppose makes sense, they are both arthropods, after all)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:25 pm

How did we get into a cloned Minnie?
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Questions of whether or not a body could have been made that wouldn't have left Minnie as a child, physically.

As far as I can tell, the consensus is leaning towards plot hole territory now that would have to be waved away with "That's magic for you."

Maybe souls are slightly more sensitive that we know? Like in that FMA, the one before brotherhood where the    two antagonist kinda people were swapping bodies which began to fall apart at faster and faster rates due to the degradiation of their souls or something.   

Joker@Probably icky, but Jeff has always struck as someone who would care about hygiene.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Ahhhh!! :? I can't tell if i'm thinking right or am putting to much thought into this BUT!
Minnie's spirit form that was "placed" into Finklestein's creation is what I think was her soul.
The only organic part that I believe that was implanted into the "creation" was Mimi's original left eye, which still has significance with her being part Nergal and that the left is also symbolic in the fact that it is also used as a nergal ritualistic sign in "romance(i think would be the best word)". It is apparent that she still has power her original nergal symbiot to which allows her to command it as shown in their scuffle with mimi outside of the vault(then again it just might be the fact that Minnie's pre-existing knowledge of nergal tongue allowed her to communicate with symbiot in that situation to which it "willingly acted on her wishes(tentacle snare)).

If i'm correct, Sally was created from scratch as a ragdoll that possessed no organic parts(technically), Minnie's new body(Finklestein's creation) bears a striking and very much so apparent resemblance to Sally's design to which did not require any biological or organic maintenance( as far as i can tell ) in her functionality. All that was required was science to which Finklestein's S creation (sally) i think naturally manifested a personality ( soul i guess in this case... idk) to which it began to act upon. Finklestein's new creation (the minnie body) would've possibly bred it's own naturally formed soul manifestation in time. HOWEVER! A pre-existing soul was implanted into the "creation"(Minnies Soul) before the gift of life was instilled into the creation thus preventing a soul manifestation in lou of a soul transplant(Minnie's).

The left eye of minnie's i believe does NOT require organic support but spiritual, this is due to the transplant into Junior to whom does not have a organic system but the eye managed to sync to what i believe was his soul to which it became one with him( just my thoughts). Thus the nergal symbiot biology replicated amongst Juniors body( the eye is the source of course( heh... that rhymed( kind of...))).

Thusly, the apparent transplant of minnie's original eye was a simple task to which when Minnie's soul was transplanted, her left eye (i guess is still part of the nergal symbiot) attached itself to her soul.

In conclusion( I guess, hopefully... I'll probably be back to edit this since it was nothing but a ramble...)

Minnie's new body = all ragdoll *with the exception of the left (nergal symbiot piece) eye.
Minnie's soul is present in said body; transplant of soul (i guess) would be difficult unless the original guardian( can't recollect his actual name) still dubs that it is not her time ( or she can't go to heaven yet... whatever, their in the underworld i guess anyways...) to which then they COULD transplant Minnie's soul in the future to a more age appropriate body design ( i'm just going to assume that her soul manifestation form will mature naturally) with mere means of the left eye being re-transplanted into the new body and that body being gifted with life( now that i think about it, it might not be the gifting of life but fusion/creation of body and soul... her soul already existing and what not... Ahhh!!!! i feel so redundant!!!

You know what... fuck it. I'm ending this post now. I have things to do. College things. Good day...
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Just pointing this out so everyone understands, because I think no one does. Minnie's current body is her body, the one that got torn up. Like Sally's, it got sown back together.

I do like that people are questioning how much of it is still there and is original.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:25 pm

It's more, "why don't you leave that train wreck and get a new body, or at least do a better job or some renovations every now and again?"
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Just pointing this out so everyone understands, because I think no one does. Minnie's current body is her body, the one that got torn up. Like Sally's, it got sown back together.

I do like that people are questioning how much of it is still there and is original.

So is the tissue that was her body and is currently being used as a functional body simply there for functionality or is it living once more? I doubt the latter in lou of the skin tone and what nots...
Flerp flerps

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Her current body is no longer alive. She is a zombie with a soul.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:43 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Her current body is no longer alive. She is a zombie with a soul.

Sweet, my thoughts are starting to have validity!
Flerp flerps

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:49 pm

just a simple question here: when did we go from talking about Mimi to talking about Minnie?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:53 pm

About half way in the last page.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:04 pm

Blood Archon wrote:About half way in the last page.

thanks Blood Archon

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm

@MQuinny1234: The Fullmetal Alchemist thing's an interesting idea. It makes me think; what if it were like FMA Brotherhood,    where Al's armored body, started to reject his soul   , just a thought.

I kinda wonder why she even needs a body. I mean, it looked like she could interact with everyone just fine in soul form. Unless I'm missing something, witch is always a possibility.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Yeah Trooper.

Now, I'm not expecting any further development or growth of Minnie's body. I think her soul was resealed back to her body, and that would be weird to give her a new one, imho. My idea that Jr resealed her body and soul back together comes from Grim giving Jr the Handbook, and they used a different method then displayed previously. Magical developments could still be testable, but I wonder if that would conflict with the spell that was used.

Havoc751 wrote:I kinda wonder why she even needs a body. I mean, it looked like she could interact with everyone just fine in soul form. Unless I'm missing something, witch is always a possibility.

I'm betting to experience life. Be somewhat normal.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:29 pm

Maybe a body, the original body, is the most stable place for a soul.

And, when without a body, it get's a little...buggy, or something. Or other problems that meant it was more convenient for her to have a physical body. And in which case, either her body was the closest vessel around, or the original body is the best fit for a soul.

I'm guessing.
Image=
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 pm

unless they used a certain type of soul binding ritual

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:25 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:unless they used a certain type of soul binding ritual

Like what?

MQuinny1234 wrote:Maybe a body, the original body, is the most stable place for a soul.

And, when without a body, it get's a little...buggy, or something. Or other problems that meant it was more convenient for her to have a physical body. And in which case, either her body was the closest vessel around, or the original body is the best fit for a soul.

I'm guessing.

Hmm. I can understand that one.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:

Like what?

Well, Junior was reading a book on "Vessels for the Soul".. and he's a reaper, so maybe having a Reaper place a soul INTO something, rather than reaping it out did something different?
Idk.
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:46 pm

Blood Lord wrote:

Like what?

well there could be many kinds of soul binding rituals so there may be one that can allow you to bind a soul to anything like a corpse or a doll and the soul will accept the new "host body

but if a ritual was not done correctly the soul could reject the "host body" and it may go berserk and begin destroying everything around it

there is also the possibility that at some point after the ritual the soul could begin to decay meaning the soul/person would begin to show slight changes in his/her attitude, personality, behavior, and way of thinking

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:

Like what?

there is also the possibility that at some point after the ritual the soul could begin to decay meaning the soul/person would begin to show slight changes in his/her attitude, personality, behavior, and way of thinking

Proof of such or just Jealousy?(I'm going w/ jealousy in lou of Minnie feeling Junior is showing more affection towards mimi then her...(When in reality i believe it twas just the promise Junior made w/ her and how passionate he feels towards the promise and the relationship between Mimi and Jeff))

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=201

I'm getting off topic with posting a different Comic page... and I am sorry for that.
Last edited by YesterdaysLingo on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flerp flerps

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 pm

That isn't a problem. Just remember not to double post and just edit your first post. That rule doesn't apply to your art thread though.

The content of the thread is Grim Tales, the current page is the primary focus, but there isn't a problem with going to a different page of the comic if it relates. Like this for example, is perfectly fine. In fact if a question arises from any of the pages, its okay to bring them up.

Minnie's jealousy may arrange from soul destabilization, but it can also be from her over protectiveness and love of Jr. Minnie probably blames Mimi for a lot of things, and still regards her as an enemy too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:30 pm

aww heck I forgot to add emotions to the list of what soul decay affects didn't I

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:56 am

Hmmm.....This talk about Minnie's soul separating from her body, and the effect of negative emotions, got me to thinking. What if it was like Bleach, or kekkaishi, where a stray soul would turn into a monster of sorts, do to it own hate and despair?
I always kinda thought about it in the back of my head. Why did they need a new body for Minnie? Aesthetically, she seemed better off in soul form. But I guess there might be more to it.

@YesterdaysLingo: Just an FYI, if you want to bring attention to a previous page, it might be better to make it a URL link, instead of bringing the whole page. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the way you did it, but still.

Code: Select all
[url]http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=201[/url]

Like this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Hells, you don't even need the url tags.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)