New Grim Tales: End to a long birthday (03/25/2013)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales: End to a long birthday (03/25/2013)

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:06 am

I wonder if there's another bed under there, Bed-ception?
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:31 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:I wonder if there's another bed under there, Bed-ception?

that is a unique theory and also welcome to the forums YesterdaysLingo
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby RequiemArc » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I don't know why, but given that she is supposed to be eight or so, I find it a little odd she already needs an electric razor. The buffer I can understand (her claws are metal, so she probably needs it to keep them waxed and shiny) But for some reason I find the insinuation that she already has a hair issue disconcerting.

Wait, Mimi is supposed to be eight? How old are Junior and Minnie supposed to be? I had no idea they were intended to be so young. Or is that age intended to be within GTFO? Has it been established how far back this flashback is from where we left off in GT?

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 pm

RequiemArc wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:I don't know why, but given that she is supposed to be eight or so, I find it a little odd she already needs an electric razor. The buffer I can understand (her claws are metal, so she probably needs it to keep them waxed and shiny) But for some reason I find the insinuation that she already has a hair issue disconcerting.

Wait, Mimi is supposed to be eight? How old are Junior and Minnie supposed to be? I had no idea they were intended to be so young.

Actually, I'm not sure what her age group is, or her exact age for that manner. But if I had to guess, I'd say around 10, 11, 12, maybe 13 at the most. I don't even know if they've given anyone an exact age yet, but I could be overlooking something.
BTW welcome to the fourm. :)
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:58 am

Welcome to the Forum indeed, Requiem.

As for the ages, it's been tossed around for a while now. In this point in time, I think she's somewhere near 8, 9... but during the main story she's something like 14+. Practically an adult.

After all, Junior did a lot of growing up during the main story, while Mimi did a lot in the backround. Unfortunately, Minnie seems to have been halted on the aging process. You know, being a zombie and all that.

To put it in black and white terms, they 'were' kids, but they aren't anymore. Regardless of their relatively young ages.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:33 pm

I wouldn't mark her that old,or that young. Try between ten to twelve for both stories.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:00 pm

I thought Junior was 11 and Minnie was 12 putting Mimi around there. Or was that just my headcanon?

But I have to say- FINALLY. I miss Minnie and Junior!

Wanna hear something crazy? I realized something yesterday.

I FORGOT MINNIES SPEECH TIC.

I FORGOT IT EXSISTED.

I WAS TROLLING AROUND YOUTUBE AND HAPPENED UPON A GT SLIDESHOW AND REMEMBERED IT WHEN I SAW ONE OF HER BLINDING SPEECH BUBBLES.

OMGRIM I WANT TO SEE SOMEONE ELSES BACKSTORY. ANYONE BUT MIMI OR THE POWERPUFFS OR FRIGGIN RED GUY......

I MISS THE MAIN CHARACTERS.....

Mabye it'll be Billy's 8D *bricked violently*

*I meant Junior was 11 and Minnie was 12- FAHK, I DID IT AGAIN, MY FINGERS ARE TRYING TO COUNT.

Minnie's 10. Didn't they say it somewhere in the beggining? Like, very beggining?
Last edited by Blood Lord on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No double posting, K? Just use your edit button instead.
~My Art thread with picture & info on my Fairly Odd Parents Doujinshi!~
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55061
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:13 pm

Watch the double posting before a mod finds out.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Too late.

GrimlyLoveGunner, don't double post, K? There is an edit button at the corner of your post if you want to add more to your post.

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:15 am

I'm stoked to see who's story we'll see next.
As long as it's not more of Mimi, as cool as she is, I think I've had my fill of her.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:59 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Watch the double posting before a mod finds out.

Yeah I got it. I forgot the edit button literally five seconds after posting and should have changed when I remembered. Thanks for that effort though.

But anyway. Unless they decide to go to a irrelevent minor character for filler, My money's on Minnie being next. Maybe showing what caused her to become so attached to her brother.

If not that I theorize that it could be something concerning Mandy's psycho-bitchiness.

But I'm still rooting illogically for Billy. *bricked again*
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:25 pm

watch the sass, GLG. Spartan was trying to remind you since you broke a rule, that does not deserve attitude as a response.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby CrimsonCreed » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:59 am

i have to say even if it is irrelevant, GT: Afterbirth isn't really all that bad for something fan related.

I hope we get back to the main story, i'm itching to see what happens now that Mimi's evil essence has been separated from her, i was thinking that if the connection between her devil power and her works in terms of a symbiotic relationship then shouldn't she be experiencing some kind of feedback from the separation?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:02 am

Interesting art choice that Mimi's hair curls toward her when she kisses Jeff.. If she moved toward Jeff to kiss him, then her hair should keep moving away from her...
Ah well - that's still my favourite panel :mrgreen: *insert semi-jealous Junior face*
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Riz wrote:watch the sass, GLG. Spartan was trying to remind you since you broke a rule, that does not deserve attitude as a response.

O.O what? I wasn't giving sass. Italic writting was supposed to represent whispering. I felt like an idiot that I didn't fix myself when I had the chance. I really did appricate the attempt to help me before I got caught for such.

Now, to keep this relevent to the fourm topic- Lets see if there'll be enough time between now and the next page for us to guess. When the regular plot starts going again, what do we think will happen?

If Afterbirth has any canonity left, I'm visualizing someday in the far future, a panel of Mandy in maternity clothes. 8D

*Five minutes later- taking advantage of the edit button*

SEXEH maternity clothes. XD
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:O.O what? I wasn't giving sass. Italic writting was supposed to represent whispering. I felt like an idiot that I didn't fix myself when I had the chance. I really did appricate the attempt to help me before I got caught for such.

This is how I took it as well.
Riz, remember not to jump to any immediate conclusions and give people the benefit of the doubt.
Grimly, just be careful of how you post. Some people can misinterpret your signs and intentions.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Lets see if there'll be enough time between now and the next page for us to guess. When the regular plot starts going again, what do we think will happen?

Five bucks to a triple update of joke pages on Monday. I hope this is wrong.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:terbirth has any canonity left, I'm visualizing someday in the far future, a panel of Mandy in maternity clothes. 8D

I don't think there is a shred of canon left in AfterBirth.

There are a few pages that make me think that they diverted from the idea of the ghost kids, such as when Dark Danny left the castle.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:21 pm

I agree with blood archon on the ghost kids. But just to add, Minnie probally can grow as she ages, even though the body is artificial.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Minnie's body is dead. Like AfterBirth, but not using it as a source, it wouldn't grow or develop anymore. That was a well kept theory since before AB was known.

The only way it could have a chance in continuing to grow is if it was artificial, probably by means of a magical artifact, and others think that Jr could use the Nergal portion to, umm... "regenerate" her body.

Postby GrimlyLoveGunner » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Although that would be the only thing to logically keep. But I would take it as more likely that the topic of that just wouldn't be brought up again. I don't think they'll be skipping into the future like in Afterbirth.

Even if it goes with what Blood said, that would probably have to be the whole topic of the next arc.

Anyway, Adult!Junior was gangly. >.<

Actually the idea that just occured to me. Just a theory but maybe Minnie will go psycho-homicidal and they have to kill her for the irony of them having just brought her back.

But I guess that might call for an abrupt end- I think Bleed would want to prolong the series more.

Maybe they'll have to make another trip back into Hell when something awakens. I'm not that concerned about how active any of Mimi's powers are now. I can't imagine it troubling anything or being important, but that might be due to the Mimi overdose and I just can't bring myself to think of anything.
Iwannabeyourtldrbitch

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:36 pm

I predicted the end of GT a long time ago. It involved Minnie killing Jr for getting to close to Mimi, then singing softly to him as she cradled him in her arms, and saying she freed him. It was voted to be too morbid.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 am

Blood Archon wrote:There are a few pages that make me think that they diverted from the idea of the ghost kids, such as when Dark Danny left the castle.

So what are your thoughts on the ghost kids? Do you think that the phantom twins will be in any future GT installments, will there be a different offspring of mandy and Dark Danny, or do you think the idea has been scraped all together?

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Anyway, Adult!Junior was gangly

What do you mean by that? Like awkwardly skinny? I don't think he was that bad. I would have like to seen his human form as an adult, I think it would have looked kinda cool.

Blood Archon wrote:Five bucks to a triple update of joke pages on Monday. I hope this is wrong.

I'm really hoping they'll only keep the festivity to PPGD page.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote:Italic writting was supposed to represent whispering.

Well if you want something that'll represent whispering a lot better, Try the tiny text, it looks like you're talking quietly. :]

CrimsonCreed wrote:I hope we get back to the main story

Like I said, I think we still have some more back story to go through, before we get back to the main story.
My money's on the heroes of Megaville, for our next chapter.

GrimlyLoveGunner wrote: Maybe showing what caused her to become so attached to her brother.

I actually have somewhat of a theory about that one.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:06 am

Blood Archon wrote:Minnie's body is dead. Like AfterBirth, but not using it as a source, it wouldn't grow or develop anymore. That was a well kept theory since before AB was known.

The only way it could have a chance in continuing to grow is if it was artificial, probably by means of a magical artifact, and others think that Jr could use the Nergal portion to, umm... "regenerate" her body.

There is one other way I can think of for her body to grow if it is indeed artificial. Finkelstein put her together, so it is presumably within his power to do "upgrades" as time progresses. A nip her, a tuck there, maybe the occasional limb replacement ( as she grows she'd need longer limb bones and, unless she is hollow stuffed inside like Sally, getting the bones seperate from the flesh would be difficult), I imagine Finkel would simply put whole new longer limbs on. Either that or use a version of that surgery little people use in our world to gain height; cleanly break the bone, seperate it, add in a new piece, attach it to the existing parts (if her body is dead, it's can't heal, so you can't count on the bones mending of thier own accord) and sew her up again. Mimi was old enough that most of her bone growth in the head and torso were probably done, so limb exensions are really the only bone additions needed, everything else is just basic cosmetic surgery and a little stuffing. We're talking about a guy who bult a team of mobile skeletal reindeer from scratch; this kind of cosmetic surgery would probably be child's play to him.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby YesterdaysLingo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:Minnie's body is dead. Like AfterBirth, but not using it as a source, it wouldn't grow or develop anymore. That was a well kept theory since before AB was known.

There is one other way I can think of for her body to grow if it is indeed artificial. Finkelstein put her together, so it is presumably within his power to do "upgrades" as time progresses. A nip her, a tuck there, maybe the occasional limb replacement ( as she grows she'd need longer limb bones and, unless she is hollow stuffed inside like Sally, getting the bones seperate from the flesh would be difficult), I imagine Finkel would simply put whole new longer limbs on. Either that or use a version of that surgery little people use in our world to gain height; cleanly break the bone, seperate it, add in a new piece, attach it to the existing parts (if her body is dead, it's can't heal, so you can't count on the bones mending of thier own accord) and sew her up again. Mimi was old enough that most of her bone growth in the head and torso were probably done, so limb exensions are really the only bone additions needed, everything else is just basic cosmetic surgery and a little stuffing. We're talking about a guy who bult a team of mobile skeletal reindeer from scratch; this kind of cosmetic surgery would probably be child's play to him.

My thought would've been a complete "soul" transfer to completely new body that is modeled by age like; 12 yr old body to 14/16 yr old body and so on... buuuut I like your explanation better so i'm scrapping that thought.
Flerp flerps

Location: That one place where those people live. You know the one.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:26 pm

YesterdaysLingo wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:

My thought would've been a complete "soul" transfer to completely new body that is modeled by age like; 12 yr old body to 14/16 yr old body and so on... buuuut I like your explanation better so i'm scrapping that thought.

I had a similar thought intially, since it would get around the problem of compatibility (Minnie as she is now is dead and hence her body doesn't have it, but when and if that whole "bring Minni'e back to life" plan Junior had that the beginning of this comic ever comes to fruition, it would (It would be a supreme irony if after having finally achieved the goal of bringing her back to life, only to have her immediately die again because her body rejected all of the donor parts it had) It is even on the outside real of possibility; depending on how fresh Minnie's body parts were when Finkelstein got them, enough cells might have still been alive that he could cook up some tissue cultures and do a little cloning down the road. But the big problem is, if Finkelstein had the ability to make a completely new body, why didn't he do a transfer like that ALREADY, into a body free of stiches (Even Finkel said something to the effect that the job on Minnie was "the best he could do", indiacting he isn't 100% satisfied with the results) and possibly with a replacement eye, for purely visual purposes (It has never been clear to me if Minnie has somehow gotten enough of Grim's mojo just by being raised as his daughter that she also does not need eyeballs to see, or if she is in fact half blind now) Even if Junior had some sort of cockamamie plan to give Minnie BACK her eye (and Nergal powers) when and if she was brought back to life, having 20/20 binocular vision again would be handy, and she could always simply have Finkestein swap the replacement eye for the old one (again, probably easy surgery for him).
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Perhaps, because of this whole underworld thing, soul transfer isn't exactly...easy, or Grim's thing. Plus, cloning whatever the hell Minnie is may be slightly difficult. She's a pretty rare specimen.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)