Everafter Talk Thread v2

A hangout for fans of Endling's EverAfter. You aren't required to talk about the comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Everafter Talk Thread v2

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:20 am

Well It's done, anything after this is salad dressing. I'm off to play Bioshock Infinite, toodles.
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)
Do I have style points yet

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Apparently, if the Mane6 goal is met, they'll make Robo-Fortune a real, playable character. That's pretty cool, I guess.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:21 pm

What is that robo fortune thing about anyhow?
After mounths of rigorous trials and conducted research I have finally come to the conclusion that Modern Warfare 2 can go SUCK IT. (Note to self, change signature..... I probably could have changed it by now, but it's funny being all meta and self aware.)

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:26 pm

It was joke made by Ms. Fortune's voice actor during one of the streams they did for the game. Not really sure about the specifics since I didn't watch that particular stream, though.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

Oh, ok. Well they may just make it.

In other news Bioshock Infinite is just wow. But that means nothing as other, more important people have said the same thing.

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah. Probably not gonna get it for quite some time, since I see no real reason to get it right now. Gonna wait for it to go down in price a bit first. Or maybe I'll wait for a Steam sale, or something.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 pm

Best bet, no matter how good a game is, I'm finding it harder and harder to justify the £40 price tag regardless of quality.

I played the Xbox version and I hear (like everything nowadays) it's much better on pc, considering you have the rig to run it. But I'm a bit of an achievement hoarder to I got the Xbox one.

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't really mind the price of new games, but there's no point in getting it right now, especially considering the fact that I have loads of other games that I own that I have yet to play or complete.

I played the original on the 360, but it's just somewhat more convenient to have it on PC, although I am also somewhat of an achievement whore. It really just depends on how I feel at the time.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm the same, got a back catalogue of unplayed games that stretches back 2 to 3 years and with the new consoles looming, I best get through them fast.

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

I've been making some progress with actually getting around to playing games, but there's just so many of them. It's tough to even choose what to play. Still need to finish Metro 2033 and Bioshock 2, now that I think about it.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:45 pm

NO, nononononono. Not Bioshock 2. It's awful, like watching the video in the Ring. It's a mockery of the series and should not have been made.

Sorry, had a bit of a Nam flash back there.

Most of my back catalogue is on the PS3, all exclusives most of the are.... ugh, JRPG's really, long JRPG's. I swear by the end of this I'm going to be sick of the sight of loli elf girls and twintails.
Last edited by top gear tony 666 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:48 pm

I actually don't have many JRPG's in my backlog. Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4 are the only ones I can really think of.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm

Ugh, Star Ocean 4. That's the New Hope or something one, right? I got to disc 2 and the main characters angst almost turned me into a depressed, emo fag that shoulders the blame for stuff he didn't do. I mean come on, as if his wardrobe malfunction wasn't enough.

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Yes. New Hope. And I'd have to agree with the angst being somewhat of a turnoff. I mean, it's not like he had no reason to be angsty, but it still seemed a tad excessive.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby top gear tony 666 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:50 pm

He isn't even fit to command, for Christ sake as much as I hate gruff, bro dude marines grunting and complimenting each other on their dick size... I'd take them over that wet eared sod any day.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 am

For a JRPG, I'd sort of like a tactical smartass as a leader for once. But moreover someone with a bit of depth. I don't think there are a lot of JRPGs where the main character is a smartass and NOT emo as all hell, but I feel it's not something to rely on. Actually, for any character if they're created with one trait to rely on, then often enough they aren't a good character unless it fits the scenario to the tee.

Anywho, I did actually get Infinite new today. And I'm seeing my share of flaws as well as pluses over the previous titles. Well,    it's not really horror anymore. That's one of the things that made the game series (the best you'll see are the bosses that give you your psudo-plasmids). They also basically renamed Adam to Salt, Plasmids to Vigors, and dollars into silver eagles. Also, being able to make all the Vigors you use become traps seems... meh. It makes it feel like they are all the same, even though I know they do different things. I sorta rarely use them anyways unless it's against a machine. And the bosses seemed a bit weak too. Only the first one got me intimidated. A fireman who used fire... not original, but after seeing what he was doing to my health bar I was scared right out of my wits and bolted to heal. But then after getting his fireball (all Megaman style), the next boss was one blast and a couple bullets to go down. Didn't even last five seconds. So the Vigors might be a little overpowered. Then there's a pattern I started to see; Go through populated area, advance enough, cutscene, now it's full of baddies. Dunno... It's too noticeable to me. Finally... it's a bit more linear than the first Bioshock. I remember you could explore a little more there, and backtracking was fine with me. Here, you can explore a couple paths, but it feels like it's just a raceway track.

But looking at what's good now, the atmosphere is fresh, new, and it changes around. With Bioshock 2 they made the mistake of going back to a place they didn't need to go. But here we have constantly changing scenery. You really travel around. And even with what I said with the Vigors, they do have interesting perks after you upgrade them. Then there's your companion. She's like a little sister you don't have to protect, finding you money and healing you. And the few choices you make in the game are interesting. I got stabbed in the hand and now the bandage is there permanently (for now), and saving this couple early on got me a sweet upgrade.

But one thing that I'm not sure if I like or not. How the main character likes to talk. Compared to the last two, you didn't really say anything. And now you do. I don't know how to feel about it.   

Anywho, aside from my ranting on, I still haven't gotten far. And I had a bit of a rough day, so I might have been a little too critical. But those are my thoughts for right now.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 am

Tales of Vespiria has an awesome lead as well as an awesome cast and it be an awesome game.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 am

I actually had it once. But I returned it since at the time I couldn't get my 360 to work after just getting it. Didn't want to have spent money on something I couldn't play. Probably should try and get that copy again.
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:34 am

There is a PS3, version with an extra playable character. But I'm not sure if they brought it over here. But I do have Tales of Xillia (probably spelt that wrong) to look forward to.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 am

Holy damn. Just another 20,00 and we have Robo-Fortune and the Mane 6 has the Zero engine. Promising indeed... Can't believe I doubted it.
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:03 pm

15K to go. Looks like it's gonna be pretty close.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Just found this.

It amuses me someone actually contributed enough to get that number.

Edit: AND WE HIT THE MARK! Past 725k mark! A good day for all!
Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Optimist

Postby Fievel » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:05 pm

Yeah. I saw that too. It's pretty funny. Also, Robo-Fortune has been met, and Mane6 is gonna get the engine. That's 4 DLC characters funded. Goddamn.
Offended.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:08 pm

I.

ARE.

EXCITE.

AS.

FUCK.
An Optimist

Postby top gear tony 666 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Ha that's awesome. Now maybe we'll reach the forth mystery character, doubt it though.

Has anyone else noticed that we basically hijacked this thread.

PreviousNext

Return to EverAfter