RWBY July 24th

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: RWBY

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:57 am

I assume that the writers will be the same guys who wrote RvB? If it's them, I'll probably expect 'humorous' dialogue in the series. I used that term loosely.

Hopefully, Monty will improve making the combat sequences more readable. He could at least pull a Zach-Snyder from time to time so I could at least savor the combo enders. Way too many things happen way too fast.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby BeeAre » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:58 pm

So, Black Blake: A whip is an interesting treat but doesn't excuse the fact that it is a misdirection for a generalized gunblade approach, even with Mr. Monty leading the charge and making a lot of it pretty interesting just because he has that natural knack for conveyance of action.

This is the character without intentional forward thinking, so much so that they gave her a more poorly voice-acted sidekick to act as a mentor.

So I guess we can expect some degree of cheerful, intentional brawling from Yellow. If they make her another less-certain character DURING combat, I'll be surprised in the bad way.

I'm shooting for annoyingly chipper all the time and/or the mentioned characteristic from the character herself that she is too excited to fight specifically. Place your bets people, the wheel's still spinning.

Does look like she'll be punching things. A bit bland, in my humble opinion, but maybe she'll have a fit for brass knux (being yellowy). I know something beyond punching that makes it a bit spicier will be amended over her fists, but I don't know the direction. Likely candidates include: some intriguing background setpiece, character, or symbolism that amps up the reason her particular brand of punches hurt so much.

From the way side-weapons are being tossed onto this uncertain character, we could have a full menagerie, or a willowy focus with some bells and whistles. Red and White were thematically tightly handled, and both have ancillary artifacts in their arsenals. Meanwhile, Black seems almost intentionally muddled. If Yellow is muddled but at the same time not muddled, she'll make a case for Black being a stronger character. It'll show us just how good the writing is. It'll show us how the audience is being aimed, and how shaky their hands are when they aim. This comes from us being able to determine whether or not making certain impressions was intentional on the part of their viewers or not. If it's a possibility, it's a mistake. If it's a likelihood indicator of intent, it's sublimely focused.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby rac7d » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:06 am

you guys might want to check out this interview
Moty oum is so cool but such a dork
Last edited by Blood Lord on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: There ya go. You just need to get the YouTube video number in the link, not the entire address.

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Listening to Black's theme song "From Shadows", I just feel like this song fits perfectly into the Kingdom Heart setting
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 pm

...Is that all? Are we going to delve headlong into a Kingdom Hearts-centric discussion and how it relates to Rew-bee? Are you just throwing an opinion out here? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT CRIMSONCREED! WHAT MORE!

I think Yellow's trailer needs to come out soon.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
BR

Postby Dibullba » Fri May 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Well since the series will be out in June. I am sure they are gonna release it like maybe a week prior just to remind people to get excited for the coming week.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri May 17, 2013 9:58 pm

BeeAre wrote:...Is that all? Are we going to delve headlong into a Kingdom Hearts-centric discussion and how it relates to Rew-bee? Are you just throwing an opinion out here? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT CRIMSONCREED! WHAT MORE!

BeeAre! You're back! What kept you? Sorry about Dmajorboss.
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby BeeAre » Sat May 18, 2013 12:24 am

Hi! Don't talk about it here! Also: don't post about you understanding that you won't post about it here, or that you acknowledging THIS post in any way! Thanks in advance!

Also: You're the second person to say that, but when I check my post history, I've had several posts on the forum pretty consistently nearly every day. You people are not reading spam. Tut tut.

Again, I don't expect any responses to anything in this post above this quote here.

Dibullba wrote:Well since the series will be out in June. I am sure they are gonna release it like maybe a week prior just to remind people to get excited for the coming week.

This makes sense, but you would think there would be a separate set of media developed for pre-release and launch to build up interest in different ways. I don't disparage the notion that Yellow will be an interest builder. I just would think that if it is being released in June, there would be more steadied trailer releases.
BR

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat May 18, 2013 5:25 am

BeeAre wrote:...Is that all? Are we going to delve headlong into a Kingdom Hearts-centric discussion and how it relates to Rew-bee? Are you just throwing an opinion out here? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT CRIMSONCREED! WHAT MORE!

yes i was just throwing my opinion out there, sorry if it offended you. As for RWBY I feel as though it's a mix of a motion comic and MC vs DC. So Red has the Gunscythe, White has the Rapier, and Black has the Gunwhip and Yellow is suppose to be a up close melee style? Sorry if I don't know the names.

Postby Dibullba » Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 am

BeeAre wrote:
Dibullba wrote:Well since the series will be out in June. I am sure they are gonna release it like maybe a week prior just to remind people to get excited for the coming week.

This makes sense, but you would think there would be a separate set of media developed for pre-release and launch to build up interest in different ways. I don't disparage the notion that Yellow will be an interest builder. I just would think that if it is being released in June, there would be more steadied trailer releases.

Indeed, but gotta keep in mind that they likely have these trailers already finished like months ago. Thus the release dates are premeditated. Pretty sure this is something you would understand well enough with working on different comics, though not sure if you are on a hard schedule per say.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat May 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Damn, I thought there was a trailer update.

Interest lost again.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Sun May 19, 2013 1:24 am

Uhh guys there shows does not start airing untill july actually. But june 1st the yellow trailer will be released. Then a series trailer in early july. We are gettgin closer lol !!! I wish i go to the premire showing in texas. Image
I wanted to update and let you guys know before but i didnt want to double post.
Hey guys what do you think of the msuic from the show so far? I am enjoying the themes for each girl, but I hope they have some variety in the vocalist department. I also hope the show stays away from the Hard rap jeff williams incorporates into the red vs blue scores.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun May 19, 2013 1:26 am

I didn't notice hard rap in RvB.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby rac7d » Sun May 19, 2013 1:58 am

BeeAre wrote:So, Black Blake: A whip is an interesting treat but doesn't excuse the fact that it is a misdirection for a generalized gunblade approach, even with Mr. Monty leading the charge and making a lot of it pretty interesting just because he has that natural knack for conveyance of action.

This is the character without intentional forward thinking, so much so that they gave her a more poorly voice-acted sidekick to act as a mentor.

So I guess we can expect some degree of cheerful, intentional brawling from Yellow. If they make her another less-certain character DURING combat, I'll be surprised in the bad way.

I'm shooting for annoyingly chipper all the time and/or the mentioned characteristic from the character herself that she is too excited to fight specifically. Place your bets people, the wheel's still spinning.

Does look like she'll be punching things. A bit bland, in my humble opinion, but maybe she'll have a fit for brass knux (being yellowy). I know something beyond punching that makes it a bit spicier will be amended over her fists, but I don't know the direction. Likely candidates include: some intriguing background setpiece, character, or symbolism that amps up the reason her particular brand of punches hurt so much.

From the way side-weapons are being tossed onto this uncertain character, we could have a full menagerie, or a willowy focus with some bells and whistles. Red and White were thematically tightly handled, and both have ancillary artifacts in their arsenals. Meanwhile, Black seems almost intentionally muddled. If Yellow is muddled but at the same time not muddled, she'll make a case for Black being a stronger character. It'll show us just how good the writing is. It'll show us how the audience is being aimed, and how shaky their hands are when they aim. This comes from us being able to determine whether or not making certain impressions was intentional on the part of their viewers or not. If it's a possibility, it's a mistake. If it's a likelihood indicator of intent, it's sublimely focused.

I wanted to respond to this some time ago:

I think of the ones reveales so far Blake has the most intresting weapon, very versatile. I loved the idea with ruby and weiss, but I instantly thought final fantasy gunblades with each of them.(note the way ruby carries her weapon, very similar to lightning) (weiss takes cues from squall leonhart). Which is no suprise since monty is such fan of the chracter in those games.

Is still early to say for sure but it does seem that she will be the one doubt herself at any critical moment. There a good backstory incubating in her i can feel it.

However it is Ruby who is gonna me the chipper, positve, agressive, tomboyish, and somtimes annoying (general shonen male) one. I know this fromt he clues and hints fromt he creator twitter

At first i was pretty sure she was gonna be the monk type, but i was completly wrong on my guess for blake. All i can be sure of is that she has to somehow have a gun implemented into her combat since it seems to be a requirement among the protaganists.

What did you mean by muddled?

Blood Lord wrote:I didn't notice hard rap in RvB.

Check out season 10 man i liked it but they to it up to eleven that season.

this one stood out for me, but ther were others

Postby The Mad Doctor » Sun May 19, 2013 6:41 am

They used it a lot during battles. Including the spar between Tex and Wyoming, Washington, and [who was that one guy].
Awaken child and embrace the glory of your jimmies. Know that we are the triune, the eternal will of rustling, and that you are created to serve us.
Shhh no tears only nightmares now

Postby Dibullba » Mon May 20, 2013 2:46 am

Speaking of RvB

Postby Blood Lord » Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 am

TheMadDoctor wrote:

They used it a lot during battles. Including the spar between Tex and Wyoming, Washington, and [who was that one guy].

Never noticed it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Blood Lord wrote:
TheMadDoctor wrote:

Never noticed it.

speaking of Red vs Blue, I just caught up with the entire show in 1 and 1/2 days. I liked how they ramped up the battle scenes and added faces to some of the characters like Carolina for example. All in all best Halo based comedy story ever.
Oh and i think the name your looking is either Utah or Ohio :s not sure myself but i remember it being short

Postby Blood Lord » Wed May 22, 2013 12:01 am

It was Agent Maine.

And for the love of God, stop quoting the post right above you to continue in a conversation. Any idiot can figure out who you are talking to. If there is a specific thing you want from that quote, then just go into the quote and edit it.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Jasthn » Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 am

Blood Lord wrote:And for the love of God, stop quoting the post right above you to continue in a conversation. Any idiot can figure out who you are talking to. If there is a specific thing you want from that quote, then just go into the quote and edit it.

What was that you just said? <3

But anyways, I remember that RoosterTeeth did a separate rap video "I Am the Best". Though not directly linked to the story or plot, I thought that would be worth mentioning as well.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

Postby BeeAre » Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Jasthn wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:And for the love of God, stop quoting the post right above you to continue in a conversation. Any idiot can figure out who you are talking to. If there is a specific thing you want from that quote, then just go into the quote and edit it.

What was that you just said? <3

i don't understand this part.

But anyways, I remember that RoosterTeeth did a separate rap video "I Am the Best". Though not directly linked to the story or plot, I thought that would be worth mentioning as well.

The video is not precisely amazing. Not much happens. >_>
BR

Postby Dibullba » Sat May 25, 2013 8:59 am

Not much may happen in that video, but it was essentially an introduction to what Monty Oum brings to the table for RvB. He only did like one or two fight sequences in the actual series prior to the rap video being uploaded.

Postby rac7d » Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 am

Yellow names has been revealed to be Yang
few more dayz guys

Postby Wulfespinndel » Thu May 30, 2013 1:19 am

Sorry, but you're going to have to be more credible by posting a source. If it isn't confirmed yet then we won't even take this as a single grain of salt. And I've seen the picture of the folder that says "Yang" on it. Who knows if it's her? We'll have to see it to believe it.

Regardless, here's a WIP render of Yellow tweeted by Monty himself: http://images.wikia.com/rwby/images/e/e ... Render.jpg
This too shall pass.

Postby Dibullba » Thu May 30, 2013 3:25 am

If she is named Yang, then my guess for what Yellow's name like 6-7 months ago will actually be correct XD.

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)