General Chat Thread

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby Mr. Froggy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Naw, it was usually in color and all the characters looked chibi, and it was usually a three panel comic. There was this one particular strip where the girl squishes her cheeks together and it makes a dirty sound, her boyfriend then makes her do the sound over and over until her cheeks are all red and stuff. Thanks again.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:32 am

I noticed theres a few people around that actually are trying to get their own comics out here. I think Dave should try to take a look at them and consider sorting out the ones that are dead/hiatus.
Owner of the Bombinomicon

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am

Yeah. Just about everyone would agree with you there, and have done so in the past. I don't know what Dave's motives or criteria for comic selection is.

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:23 pm

His motives are obvious, he has none. He's focusing on sharkrobot now.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Basically, the only requirement I found thus far is Dave has to "like" it enough to have it get posted. As for current possibility of adding a new comic, yeah, he's looking into other things at the moment.

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:38 pm

His current focus is pretty relevant in a discussion about getting new comics on the site.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Umm, K? I see no disagreement with that idea.

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Wow, nice job changing your post to make me look like a crazy person. Clearly I need to start quoting you so that if you edit my post it'll show up on the logs.

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:46 pm

I don't know what you're talking about?

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Cute.

For the record, his post originally said "I'm not talking about his current focus"

Blood lord I triple dog dare you to edit that out.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Forget about the editing of posts. Riz, I don't see whats wrong, and I think your sane too. But basically what I'm hearing now is that Dave is focusing on Sharkrobot for rather obvious reasons, correct?

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:03 pm

yeah. so he's not too concerned about getting new comics on this site. BR is trying his best to make Dave care about this site again.

Postby Bk-o » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Teh moneez is all in selling dem merchandise. He has like what, 30 other websites' merch on sharkrobot?
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Around that number, I think.

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm

I havent seen any advertising as of late other than shark robot. Correct me if I'm wrong because I post on my phone, why doesn't he open up banner ads anymore?

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Because he doesn't need them on here anymore because Shark Robot
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Well I'm trying to think of a way for Dave to care about this site once again.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm

That's not going to happen very quickly. BeeAre is working life at that angle, our job though needs to be to bring people to the site. The more people, the more active it is, and the more attention Dave will pay to it... possibly.

It's the best thing we can do while BeeAre works on Dave. Just invite friends you have to check the site out and join up. We have a lot of other things here that appeals to people besides the comics.

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm

We've been working for months to try to get him to care, years even.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:19 pm

I think the best thing we can do is get more people here, new members or old ones that haven't shown up for a while. I'm hoping that the more people Dave see's frequenting this place, the more attention he'll give it.

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:33 am

And not even BeeAre, who is an administrator is allowed to choose comics? If not, shame.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:18 am

Nope, only Dave chooses.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Blood Lord wrote:I think the best thing we can do is get more people here, new members or old ones that haven't shown up for a while. I'm hoping that the more people Dave see's frequenting this place, the more attention he'll give it.

Fans of half life did a similar thing. Thousands of fans played Half life 2 at the same time to get Valve's attention to make a Half-Life 3. But we don't have one yet.

Postby Rival » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:32 am

So my cousin visited me for the Easter holidays, which are a pretty big thing here (comparable to Thanksgiving in the US, in the sense that they're the 2nd biggest holiday season after Christmas/New Year's)

It was okay for the most part, we've watched Django Unchained and the Hobbit, but on Monday my cousin kept trying to convince me it is illegal (as in under official law) for Japanese born women to marry Muslims. Even though there are dozens of sourced pages stating the "The Japanese government does not keep any statistics on the number of Muslims in Japan" and officially guarantees freedom of religion.

He also kept insisting I should check out Vice's youtube channel as an "eye-opening source". To be fair according to him, he didn't get the whole "Islam=illegal in Japan" from there, but I think I'll give it a pass due to that. I'd probably only get annoyed.

Speaking of pulling false info out of your ass, saw this today:

Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Exodis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:32 am

Damn. That's one smart brony/pegasister.
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

I will persevere, I will resist to hear, I will interfere.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion