In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Woke up, and did some shopping. Got home and it really hit me.
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:01 pm

I keep having moments where the reality of it really hits me that he's really gone and it's not a bad daydream my mind wandered into.
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Millo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 pm

It's times like this that you realize the face behind a username is an actual living human being. Wherever you are Crum i hope its somewhere nice
Begone Dirty Whores!
QU:You look sad and frightened.

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Riz wrote:I keep having moments where the reality of it really hits me that he's really gone and it's not a bad daydream my mind wandered into.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Saint Soul » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 pm

very appropriate Tuor.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Ethan, you were like our Sisyphus, rolling that boulder up the mountain every day. I tried to help you, when I could, and when you would let me, but you often didn't, and I'm so sorry that boulder got too big.

To all the people posting on his wall, wow you guys are scum. You all say what a great person he was and how you'll miss him. If he was such a great guy, then what stopped you from hanging out with him? What made you constantly blow him off? Bizarre "friends", you were only there when you needed something from him, fair weather, and now in this unequivocally terrible time, catastrophic weather. Where were you in between, before it was too late? Where were you all when he was too depressed to leave his house and asked someone to bring him food? Where were you all when he was so desperate for human companionship that he looked online to find someone in his area? Where were you when he was at school, exhausted, and emotionally broken and just wanted to go home but couldn't make it there by himself?

Where you then, "Brothers" and band "family"?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Its different online. Even if his best forum friend from across the world tried talking him out of it he probably would have done it because that's all he could do, just talk him out of it instead of physically stopping it.
Begone Dirty Whores!

Postby Whatis6times9 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I wonder if on some level he let us in more because of a level of distance or anonymity.
I AM THE GOSHDARN BATMAN
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:48 pm

Millo wrote:Its different online. Even if his best forum friend from across the world tried talking him out of it he probably would have done it because that's all he could do, just talk him out of it instead of physically stopping it.

Are you replying to what I wrote, or just musing?
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Millo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:59 pm

replying
Begone Dirty Whores!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm failing to see the relevance then
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Princess » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:45 pm

Tuor wrote:To all the people posting on his wall, wow you guys are scum. You all say what a great person he was and how you'll miss him. If he was such a great guy, then what stopped you from hanging out with him? What made you constantly blow him off? Bizarre "friends", you were only there when you needed something from him, fair weather, and now in this unequivocally terrible time, catastrophic weather. Where were you in between, before it was too late? Where were you all when he was too depressed to leave his house and asked someone to bring him food? Where were you all when he was so desperate for human companionship that he looked online to find someone in his area? Where were you when he was at school, exhausted, and emotionally broken and just wanted to go home but couldn't make it there by himself?

You know, I was just thinking about this. All these messages about how they loved him.. yet where were they when he really wanted someone to talk to? And that shit with the former "best friend".
Tuor: Stuff is our resident, hot mess, alcoholic.
Senel: Stuff is the patron saint of getting shitfaced. You replaced your organs with an engine that runs solely on alcohol.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:53 pm

this is so common with people who commit suicide, people only showing they care AFTERWARDS. if they'd shown that level of love beforehand, things would be very different.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:02 pm

If it's even genuine and they're not just doing what's expected/saving face
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:04 pm

that too. I would hope that anyone who isn't genuine in what they say would just quietly let everyone else make their posts, though.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 pm

You would hope, but I'm not optimistic. They want to perpetuate an image of family and brotherhood. So they all pretty much posted. Even if they all did care, that factor would make it so someone who didn't posted would have people asking why they didn't , so they probably did
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mir@k » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Uh...

Anyway. regarding the video posted on the other page, this was uploaded to fb.

Always pimpin', all the time. C:
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Haha, he's such a bamf
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Grey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 pm

i am mortified to learn this news.
i hope he is at peace.
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Postby Rough Giraffe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:22 am

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone.

I must admit I didn't know Ethan all that well. He and I were often opposed on politics, but outside of that, we were still friendly; we were able to find things that we agreed on, and we had a few laughs. Hearing of his passing was a really big surprise to me. I don't know how all of you felt about him. I'm sure a lot of you are very sad, some maybe even devastated.

At times like these, we should understand that these feelings of pain and sadness are natural. We should also understand why life is so precious; that we should cherish every moment we spend on this Earth; that we are all here to support one another. Some days are good; some days are bad; some days are so bad that we may lose hope.

What ever you do, Do Not Lose Hope.

No matter what, that's the most important thing. If you feel like you have lost all hope, I urge you to contact a family member, a neighbor, a friend, or even a priest (regardless of your faith) and share with them your problems or concerns.

Remember that you are not alone. You have people who care about you and will help you when you need help.
A little bit Ruff around the edges

Postby Tuor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:57 am

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby True Order » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Well, this was extremely shocking to see.

It's a pity bro. Something about that one short story you wrote called "The Glasses" the way it crept under my skin. Really made me think we might be similar minded people, different generally but similar on the inside.

I'd like to think that some day we could have been friends. I even thought of a cool name for the not-actually-a-plan, plan to become your friend: Operation Bartlesby. The name is vague but that was the point but now it has been permanently canceled. Ah well.

Rest in Peace, Monsieur DaCrum.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Archrival » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:04 am

SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Yog » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:45 am

I'm still sad from what happened to DaCrum.

But instead of mourning him, I want to celebrate his life.

DaCrum was an extremely talented writer. I remember telling him that he was the next Lovecraft, from the story that True Order mentioned. Speaking of which, he was also one of the few that was a Lovecraft fan, from what I know. I told him that he had a hardcore fan in me, and he still does.

When I made a mistake on the forum and attacked someone, or did something stupid, he would always send me a PM to yell at me, telling me to get my shit together. I probably would have done more idiotic things, had he not set me straight.

I remember the nights where we would both listen to new music and then comment on it. He helped me find a lot of hidden gems, artists I still listen to.

Above all, I treasure his advice that he gave me during my rough patches. Even though it might've seemed like I was belligerent to the words of advice of everyone here, in truth, I still try and follow each and every one.

I know that my memories and friendship with DaCrum can't compare to the friendship that you guys had with him. I didn't even know his real name, until it was mentioned by Sable, to be honest. But I just wanted to share some of the good times I had. I don't want to look back on this chapter of my life, and think of a friend that took his life. I want that to be a minor detail, and instead focus on the good he left behind.

I wish DaCrum hadn't took his life. But do I wish that I'd never known him in order to spare myself the pain?

Never.

And I'm sure that most of you have more fond memories as well.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.

Postby konata50 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:30 am

same age as me that is sorrowful
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion