In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm at a total fucking loss.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Love.Dreamer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Same as us.
Hiroko: You monster.
Seriously a Lady.

Location: its none of your concern, you pig in human clothes.

Postby Zarengo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:04 pm

Damn. I have to say that even though I haven't really been here for some time. I remember him being really awesome.
Sad to hear about it.

Postby Fummoffu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm saddened by this news.
Ethan you were bright, talented and a great person.
Very entertaining.
The skype chats with you were awesome. Near the end you'd get out your guitar and play for us.
You gave me ideas for the comic and I had planned an awesome part for you before college got busy :(

You will be missed bro.
"Haha"
I make things
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:52 pm

hey i just want to say a few words to the dearly departed... to those who knew DaCrum i am sorry for your loss.
Requiescant in pace DaCrum. Ut sitis beati in altera vita in uno.
if you know Latin you should know what im saying if not look it up on a translator but these are my words to the dearly departed and again to those who knew DaCrum i am sorry for your loss
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

DaCrum, but thank you, I appreciate it.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:44 pm

I have never met Da Crum or spoken to him in anyway. But I was hoping for a day when I could meet him or play on Live with him. I was shocked to learn that I will never have that opportunity now. Noticing how he seems to enjoy Marathon, I thought I could be able to befriend him one day. I don't know about you guys, who probally known him ever since he has come to these forums, but I wish I could have talked to this man. If I did, it would be a nice chat. Now I probably shouldn't even post here, because Da Crum and I never even knew each other, but I always hoped I could know him.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Wulfespinndel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 pm

Princess Stuff wrote:our fellow member, and friend, who passed away last night.

I'm sorry you guys. I may have not actually talked to DaCrum, but I find this to be one huge blow. This announcement is also a slap in the face...and but of all things, suicide? Oh my god. I don't know what to say; there was a cousin of mine my father knew who committed suicide also, so this is like losing a loved one.

Crum? If you're up high in the sky or down to earth, it's Rosso. Say hi to my cousin for me if you see him.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Exodis » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:Crum? If you're up high in the sky or down to earth, it's Rosso. Say hi to my cousin for me if you see him.

Same here. Say hi to my cousin as well. Me and my family miss him...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Postby Maru » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 pm

...Maybe if I hadn't been a dumbass all those other times, I would've gotten to know you a bit better. I'm still trying to really grasp it, you're gone...

...I hope you're okay up there, DaCrum. I sincerely hope you're at peace.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby BeeAre » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUXLzKWxLs

Very bad. Stifled. Pain. Such pain. Confusion. Lost. Lost. Lost. Bad. Good person. Had opportunities to prevent this if had known. But no knowledge, no warnings. Kept locked away. Don't not communicate, or it will be bad. Too many words but if I let them go. Will lose myself. Will drown. So confused. Pain. No one's fault. No one's fault. Lost, lost, lost. Pain.

such pain
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Unfortunately there wouldn't have been warning signs.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:20 pm

He was acting fine just last night, there was no reason to think he was feeling like that
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 pm

There wouldn't have been, most people either plan it out and keep up a normal facade or they hit one moment of pure bleakness.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:24 pm

I think it was a sudden hit, personally. and I wish I knew what it was, I wish he had talked to someone.

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:28 pm

I wish he had to, but he probably didn't reach out because he didn't want to be stopped.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Maru » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Maybe he didn't want people to worry about him too much?
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Stricken » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Whatis6times9 wrote:or they hit one moment of pure bleakness.

there is really nothing else going through your mind at moments like these. everything just seems pointless and you're no longer capable of being rational or knowing you need help.

...i've considered posting here all day but i've been scared of saying the wrong thing and upsetting everyone further. so i'll just leave it at this: this day fucking sucked.
Grey: if someone told me i looked like a magic the gathering player i would rip off their nipples

Postby Riz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm

Crum I'm sorry you didn't get that one last fun skype call with me and BR. I'm so sorry I forgot. I will regret that for a long time to come.

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Stricken wrote:
Whatis6times9 wrote:or they hit one moment of pure bleakness.

there is really nothing else going through your mind at moments like these. everything just seems pointless and you're no longer capable of being rational or knowing you need help.

Indeed and everyone reacts differently when they hit that point.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:23 am

You were always in the back of my mind, always. No matter what I was doing that day, you and a couple other people were always there. It's really messing me up, because you're still there. I miss you, and I think the late nights will be the hardest. You were often the only person to talk to, then.

I wore my Streetlight Manifesto shirt for you today, and I went to my favourite restaurant, where I wish I'd had the chance to take you, and I imagined what you would have ordered.

Now I'm drinking gin.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Mathias » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:59 am

I went to Disneyland with this guy. You can't have a better experience. I'll remember waiting in line for hours just to see Indy. What seemed like an eternity at the time will now be an eternal memory of him. Also, thanks for convincing me to ride Space Mountain.

Postby Morpheus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:16 am

Just last week he posted a small message in my last thread in which he said it would be his goal to not kill himself.
I should of took it more seriously at the time.

Postby Riz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:10 pm

When he posted that he meant it, he planned to be around for a while yet based on his temporary name change request. This was something he decided on very abruptly and clearly didn't want anyone to talk him out of it. I don't think anything could have been done, at least not by us. Wish he had wanted to talk to someone, if this hadn't been abrupt I truly think he would have. He knew he had so many reasons not to, if he had stopped to think he would have come to his senses. It's tragic that he didn't. I can only imagine the depth of what he was feeling

Postby Yog » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:23 pm

I wish I could've paid back what he's done for me, by talking to him.
DaCrum
Yog, you are one cool motherfucka.
One day this child shall learn the beauty of life.
Absurdum vitae.
Thanks for being there for me, man.
Resident Old God

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion