In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 pm

ImageImageImage

I'm sure most of you have seen the tragic news about our fellow member, and friend, who passed away last night. In a Skype chat a few members decided to make a memorial thread for everyone to post about memories, or just what you're feeling in response to this news.

Last edited by Princess on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tuor: You foolish fools, no one can tame the stuffaluffagus!
Oct 31, 2014 at 4:23 pm EST, sempai finally noticed me.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: In Memoriam of DaCrum.

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:18 pm

I tried to make that as.. I dunno, professional as possible. I'll post my tl;dr post when I'm up for it.
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 pm

DaCrum, you are a BAMF, and it was an honor to play Halo 4 with you. I hate that it ended like this, but I am glad that I got to know you before the end.

Till we meet again.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Riz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:27 pm

times like this I want to believe in an afterlife because wherever you are I hope you are happy
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Morpheus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I just keep thinking that I should of took more of what he said seriously.
Goodbye old friend.

Postby Yog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:31 pm

You helped me, DaCrum, and you yelled at me whenever I did something stupid.

You were one of the people that helped kicked my ass into pulling myself out of a hole.

You were a fucking amazing person. No matter how much time passes, I won't forget the forum member that kept me from dying like shit.

I hope you're in a better place, man. I hope you're happy.

And I'm sorry if I ever did or said anything bad towards you, man.

I won't forget what you taught me. Wherever you are, take care of yourself.
Resident Old God

Postby Mir@k » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Crum. Man, you leave a very nasty scar in my heart friend.
I cried for you you fuck, wasn't this what you didn't want? I kid man.
Dude. You were like a brother to me. An upgraded, stronger and more musically talented person that i ever hoped to be.

It was our dream, to smoke together. A stupid dream, and yet it was precious.
I'm not even sure what to think man. I feel a void that will take an eternity to fill.
I was hoping this was the first of april, really... I was expecting you to burst into skype all of a sudden and make us all angry at you for playing such a cruel joke on us. However even though i stare at it, it still says it's march... I guess the harder thing to digest for me, is that i will never see you again on the online member's panel.

Thank you for everything you did for me. I only wish i could have done the same for you.
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
"Bang and Abscond"
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Eggnog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I didn't know Dacrum a lot honestly. But the times I've been here and known him little by little were great. He was such a great guy, and I just can't believe it had to come to this. I just saw him in the forum yesterday, and... he's gone. See you on the other side, dude. Great to have know you.
Hail to the Huevo
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Iris » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:57 pm

I'll always remember the big group chats with you Crum, you were always there laughing, joking, always a friendly voice to talk to. To hear the news of your passing, comes with a heavy heart to know that it had come to this. Though we seldom interacted in the last few months, I still wish the news were different.

Though I can never claim to have known you to be considered a friend or even a colleague, this news still hits hard as I cannot fathom what had occurred to have led to your passing because when we spoke you were always so full of life and joy.

Rest in peace man, look out for your friends from up there.

Postby Sable » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:14 pm

DaCrum bro. Out of the few instances where we interacted you always striked me as such a nice person. I was shocked when I first heard you were depressed. I remember I even made a comment saying I didn't understand depression. How insensitive I was to think that it was something you could just get up and get over. I regret ever saying it.

It was not fair for you to carry such a burden, and I wish you understood that anyone from Snafu would have been willing to carry it with you. To help you. Skype calls will never be the same without you. They won't feel right for a long time.

I can only hope that you are in a much better place now.

Rest is peace, Ethan.
RacialslurX2

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I already wrote on your facebook, and it as hard enough to find words there. I'm going to miss you more than you'll ever know. I love you, man. I can't believe what has happened. I can barely breathe.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Panty Anarchy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:21 pm

i didn't really know Crum all that much and, now, i really wish that i had gotten to know the guy and had put the effort forth to get to know him and talk to him. i knew what he was going through and knew just how he felt, but it didn't really seem all that real to me, i s'pose. Crum was one of the coolest, funniest, and probably one of the most caring motherfuckers here, and from what ya'll are saying, he was a great friend. Crum, wherever you may be, i hope you know that we all love you and don't hold this against you. keep on shining, you crazy diamond.

i don't really know why this is effecting me the way that it is. i guess i try to play it off like i don't care about this place or you guys all that much, but seeing all of you like this and knowing that Crum is done is just...hitting me harder than any of the other situations like this i've experienced. you guys are all so so SO important to me and are all some of my favourite people, even if i don't show it. if any of you are ever having any issues, just come talk to me and i will do my best to make you feel better. Crum woulda wanted that.
I am thou... Thou art I... From the sea of thy soul, I come...
Soulchild: u thnk evry thng stupid.
DaCrum: Warbear, why did you suddenly become pretty cool? Stop it.
BR:love is just a boner everyone is looking to fart on warbear
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14(except for me #yoloswag)
Slutty Angel

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I wasn't exactly close friends with Crum, didn't know his real name until today, but he made an impression on me of a talented, passionate, intelligent, emotional, funny and sensitive young guy. Sadly also very troubled.

I can't help, but think if someone was there to talk with him right before this happened, this tragedy could've been avoided. It's a strong reminder that we shouldn't ignore other people's emotional signals asking for help.

I'll keep good memories of Crum and will remember him at his best: funny, emotional. witty and with strong ethical principles. May he rest in peace, and inspire us to live our lives to the fullest, I'm sure he'd want us to do just that.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Bk-o » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:50 pm

Just want to say that it's amazing how much love you guys are giving to someone you knew online, goes to show that the friendships built over chats and voice are just as real as ones irl. All I really remember about DaCrum was that he was one of the enjoyable members of this forum to chat with, and that he was super fucking wise for his age (at the time a long time ago). DaCrum, my thoughts go out to you. Hope you rest well.
Last edited by Bk-o on Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I fight Muppets with tactility inhibitions on a regular basis.

Postby Ro Wong » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:51 pm

Didn't know you too well since your earlier days on the forum, Crum. I am sorry for that. By the fact that you made such a great impression on so many, I know you were a good friend and someone deserving respect. It is awful to know you have gone, but you gave lasting memories to your friends here so I thank you for having shared your time with us all. I do hope there is a great happiness awaiting you as you certainly deserve it.

May you rest with peace, Crum. You will be remembered.
Demon of Elru

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:56 pm

"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 pm

im having a hard time believing this.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Hiroko » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:59 pm

I wish I had gotten to know you better.
I wish I had made the effort, stepped out of my comfort zone, and spoken to you more, chatted with you on Skype all those times you asked for a Skype chat.
I wish I could have been someone you could turn to, and that I could have had the words to help you.
I wish things didn't have to turn out this way.
I wish this was all some really horrible, horrible joke, just some cruel prank. I would rather that, than for this to be true, for this to be the reality we're dealing with now.
I wish, I wish, I wish...

DaCrum...Ethan...I hope you're okay. I hope you're happy, wherever you are now.
Rest in Peace.
The Sentimental One

Postby Fievel » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:07 pm

Rest in peace, man. It's not gonna be the same without you.

It's a little hard to think that I'll never see a post from you again. Wish I'd gotten to know you a little better.
Offended.

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:13 pm

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:17 pm

I think this picture encapsulates who he was, and it's a good picture of him besides. I know mods have the power to change members' avatars, maybe making his avatar a cropped version of this picture would be good?
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Princess » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:18 pm

I like this picture, too. I love the long hair, and he's wearing a Streelight hoodie. :D
Snafu Mods Suck 2k14.
All Men Must Die.
All Men Must Die
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby nobody » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:30 pm

Viva la revolution old friend.
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:45 pm

I really don't know what to say.

I'll miss you, bud.