New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Doomguy is the main protagonist of the 1990's game franchise Doom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomguy

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
Blighttown is easy

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:14 pm

I see
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:48 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:I literally posted that link on the last page.

Dante's Inferno has nine circles, not seven. Its not a direct inspiration from Dante's inferno either since as I pointed out in my post, there are other versions of the underworld and hell that have multiple layers.

Why would Bleed do that? Future plot expansion.

Maybe in the next arc, when the story goes back to the present time, Jr. and/or Minnie will go to one, or more of these circles. I'm hoping they'll make a trip to the world of the living, so we could see what that's like now.

Maybe they could seek one of Blossom's sisters. Maybe an older, aged, Buttercup or Bubbles that has gotten more mature. Maybe in hiding somewhere like Yoda. If she were to be still alive, I mean, but there is no evidence that the other sisters are dead. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Havoc » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Spartan117 wrote:The demon killer kind that would camp to rack up more kills. Basically mercenaries and poachers. Maybe some well known characters like Doomguy. Grim junior, Mimi, and Minymandy V.S. Doomguy and a group of mercenaries in a attempt-that-went-wrong for Junior to talk to the demon slayer mercenaries who impulsively do their job to kill the first demon they see, now that's gonna be fun.

Actually, I was think more along the lines of some dime-a-dozen bad guys. Like some demons, or since the world of the living is most likely a post-apocalyptic hell-scape; maybe some marauders or raiders. Like I said, I would like to see more of Jr.'s combat abilities.

The only other "demon killing mercenary" I can think of would be Hoss Delgado, and he's probably radioactive vapor by now.

Spartan117 wrote:Maybe they could seek one of Blossom's sisters. Maybe an older, aged, Buttercup that has gotten more mature. Maybe in hiding somewhere like Yoda. If she were to be still alive, I mean, but there is no evidence that the other sisters are dead. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

I'm glad you and me are on the same page. :)
However I don't think they would be that old, they'd most likely be in their 30s or 40s. But yes, they could still be alive, there hasn't been anything proving otherwise. And I know I sound like a broken record, but I have to wonder if they too have families of their own. That's a very good point about Buttercup maturing, I'm gonna go ahead and say, yes she probably has. In light of this, I have to wonder if Bubbles has gotten wiser with age.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:30 am

Spartan117 wrote:Maybe they could seek one of Blossom's sisters. Maybe an older, aged, Buttercup or Bubbles that has gotten more mature. Maybe in hiding somewhere like Yoda. If she were to be still alive, I mean, but there is no evidence that the other sisters are dead. Correct me if I'm wrong of course.
It's true that there is no evidence that the other sisters are dead... hell, there's only circumstantial evidence pointing to Blossom being dead. But, if any of them were alive, I think maybe a 'tiny' hint would probably be somewhere as to their wellbeing.

If they were 'alive' or any skew on the word, they would likely be in hell or hiding out above on Earth. Either way, Him still has complete control over their lives. At least in theory. Him had control over Mimi and we saw how that turned out the first time, haha.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:43 am

Birdofterror wrote:But, if any of them were alive, I think maybe a 'tiny' hint would probably be somewhere as to their wellbeing.

At this point, there's nothing too prove they're alive, yet there's nothing to prove that they are dead either.
But come to think of it, does it really matter to Him if they live or die? I mean he already got what he wanted (Mimi).
Then again, there's always that chance the they'll come back, and try to kill him.

Birdofterror wrote:Him still has complete control over their lives.

How so?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:Him still has complete control over their lives.

How so?
To cut a long theory short, Him pretty much already won. The world- or at least just Megaville was completely demolished by him. Everyone was fighting him at once and he killed some of them, not even for sport... but for Irwin it seemed like he did it for fun. In the end, He killed Blossom, Enslaved Mimi and to this moment it's generally thought that every hero is either dead, dying or hiding.

He did all of that in a day. I'm sure if there were any survivors, he could just walk up to them and kill them. Only things I could think of that could prevent that would be if they were completely hidden from his vision. But he beat them all at the same time- only a few heroes not being present; Possibly because they were already dead so who's to say a fewer amount of heroes can form an ample resistance anymore? Him won. He controls their lives and/or their afterlives now.

Right?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:14 am

Thinking back to the original PPG HIM, he is empowered by negative emotions. Considering that he is a ruler of a realm of hell, he is pretty powerful. I think the remaining PPGs would know that by now, but they probably know the 'one does not simply walk into Mordor' concept.

Blighttown is easy

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:47 am

Spartan117 wrote:Thinking back to the original PPG HIM, he is empowered by negative emotions. Considering that he is a ruler of a realm of hell, he is pretty powerful. I think the remaining PPGs would know that by now, but they probably know the 'one does not simply walk into Mordor' concept.

Yea not to mention that even if they were to come into Him's realm they would need some pretty serious allies which im sure they are quite short on and they'd have to deal with Mimi who is stronger than Bubbles and Buttercup combined and maybe Him knowing she has Blossom's super strength and the greatest and purest evil flowing through her
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Thinking back to the original PPG HIM, he is empowered by negative emotions. Considering that he is a ruler of a realm of hell, he is pretty powerful. I think the remaining PPGs would know that by now, but they probably know the 'one does not simply walk into Mordor' concept.

Yea not to mention that even if they were to come into Him's realm they would need some pretty serious allies which im sure they are quite short on and they'd have to deal with Mimi who is stronger than Bubbles and Buttercup combined and maybe Him knowing she has Blossom's super strength and the greatest and purest evil flowing through her

You do realize that Mimi isn't loyal to HIM, right?

Blighttown is easy

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

Spartan117 wrote:
CrimsonCreed wrote:

You do realize that Mimi isn't loyal to HIM, right?

Yes i realized that a long while ago but that's not the point i was making, Mimi is possibly stronger than Him seeing as how she has the same powers as him while retaining some of her original powers (i know thats still up for debate)
Last edited by CrimsonCreed on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 am

HIM is only as strong as the negative emotional energy around him. Basically he's weaker when he's not in Hell.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Spartan117 wrote:HIM is only as strong as the negative emotional energy around him. Basically he's weaker when he's not in Hell.

That sort of depends on the state the world is in currently. Him's realm was described earlier in the comic as a place of trials (which I suppose makes it techically more along the lines of a Purgatory than an actual Hell). So most of the population there is presumably transiatory, either they conquer thier evil and are released. or they don't and are sent to the punishment level, which it has been established Him does not have authority over (and which therfore he probably can't draw energy from). So if, as seems quite possible (and I belive) Him followed up the destruction of Megaville by basically wrecking the rest of the planet (and why wouln't he, with no heros the rest of the planet would be defenseless and if Him has all of the seven deady sins within himself, that would include Avaraice, he wouldn't be able to resisit the temptaion.) He may actually now be stronger there than he is "at home" Whether destroying Megaville and/or the rest of the Earth incresed the number of evil souis to enter his realm is hard to say, but I imagine the amount of despair on earth; the number of people who basically lost every last drop of hope went through the roof. Whether or not despair is enough on its own to get a person a ticket into Him's realm is questionable (it would probably drive the suicide rate up a lot, but suicides may bypass the "trial" stage all together, most relegions say sucide is instant dammnation) , but we have seen from the cartoon that Him can feed on it quite nicely.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 pm

We really don't know if the whole world is destroyed, or just the city, do we?

Blighttown is easy

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Spartan117 wrote:We really don't know if the whole world is destroyed, or just the city, do we?

i would think (and hope) it wasn't, not because a story reason, but because it's a story that for all we know doesn't have a planned ending at this time. if the living world is okay, then that's more locations and people that can be pulled in as needed. it would just be denying yourself options. though there's a good argument that can be made about how it makes things more depressing and serious if i was wrong and that the story would be more powerful if this were the case.

i think i personally want it to be alive for Mimi's sake. if people who knew and cared about her were still alive and the world still okay, than a happy ending is still possible for her. she's been neglected by her mother it seems (maybe she makes Blossom think of HIM?), she did as much as she could to help, even at a tender age. she tried to connect with whoever she could (Raven) to fill the motherless gap. then all of it was gone, all those connection she worked for, the mother she always wanted around, dead, at least Blossom at her own hands (who knows how many others). she was tortured, both physically and mentally, was mutilated to have claws similar to HIM's and finally the person who tried the most for her. the only person who could see her suffering in it's entirety, killed and taking his soul as ransom. forcing her to go on a fool's errand, with the soul purpose of making her relive it all again. i feel for her, i want her to find something to make her happy, people to live with and for. i don't hate sad or tragic ends to stories, but Mimi deserves happiness more than anyone.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:We really don't know if the whole world is destroyed, or just the city, do we?

i would think (and hope) it wasn't, not because a story reason, but because it's a story that for all we know doesn't have a planned ending at this time. if the living world is okay, then that's more locations and people that can be pulled in as needed. it would just be denying yourself options. though there's a good argument that can be made about how it makes things more depressing and serious if i was wrong and that the story would be more powerful if this were the case.

i think i personally want it to be alive for Mimi's sake. if people who knew and cared about her were still alive and the world still okay, than a happy ending is still possible for her. she's been neglected by her mother it seems (maybe she makes Blossom think of HIM?), she did as much as she could to help, even at a tender age. she tried to connect with whoever she could (Raven) to fill the motherless gap. then all of it was gone, all those connection she worked for, the mother she always wanted around, dead, at least Blossom at her own hands (who knows how many others). she was tortured, both physically and mentally, was mutilated to have claws similar to HIM's and finally the person who tried the most for her. the only person who could see her suffering in it's entirety, killed and taking his soul as ransom. forcing her to go on a fool's errand, with the soul purpose of making her relive it all again. i feel for her, i want her to find something to make her happy, people to live with and for. i don't hate sad or tragic ends to stories, but Mimi deserves happiness more than anyone.

I kinda get where you're coming from. As it stands, GT is a little too tragic, and PPGD is not tragic enough (at least in my opinion). Really I have nothing against it, but I would love to see some light in GT, preferably in the form of some of the heroes being alive and well. However I not sure anything can be done for Mimi at this point. But just because the world is in ruin, doesn't mean everyone's dead and all is lost, they could be living in villages made of the ruins, like in Fallout or Madmax.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:56 am

Spartan117 wrote:HIM is only as strong as the negative emotional energy around him. Basically he's weaker when he's not in Hell.

same applies for Mimi as well, so basically they would be equal in power the only question is does she retain her original power? because if she does that puts her on a advantage against Him, in which she could be waiting for someone to challenge Him so she could jump in and take advantage of the situation at hand, of course that's just a theory. :unsure:

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:

I kinda get where you're coming from. As it stands, GT is a little too tragic, and PPGD is not tragic enough (at least in my opinion). Really I have nothing against it, but I would love to see some light in GT, preferably in the form of some of the heroes being alive and well. However I not sure anything can be done for Mimi at this point. But just because the world is in ruin, doesn't mean everyone's dead and all is lost, they could be living in villages made of the ruins, like in Fallout or Madmax.

and that's what i hate, we get to know, understand and feel for Mimi. to take all this time to do flashbacks solely to for the sake of making the setting feel heavier. screw that, i want something, i want mimi to smile, in both forms, and a genuine smile too, not a sad one. i also want a little more laughter in if possible. get that it's dark, but if it's dark and only gets darker than when get desensitized to a point and the emotion we are supposed to be feeling is to a lesser extent. kinda reminds me of that jimquisition vid about games that are always sad make us not care.

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Just in case we all still remember. This page confuses me, did she lose her powers here temporarly? http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=211]

Blighttown is easy

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:01 pm

maybe just her rejecting it? will play a roll later i'm sure

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:33 pm

I would bank on the idea that since Mimi form isn't naturally a demon and requires a symbiote to make the transformation, that the connection isn't perfect. It would either get better over time, or can deteriorate under too much stress.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:02 pm

I never really viewed her demonic power as a symbiote like Venom. I wonder now, I'm half expecting Him to not be surprised about the missing powers if he, hasn't found out already.

Blighttown is easy

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 pm

I believe he gave it to her, making her look more like him.

If you look at the part where the Redeemer and Jr first meet Mimi and Jeff, the symbiote is disguised as a red scarf. Then Mandy used some device to separate Mimi from the symbiote.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:20 pm

huh, never thought much of that, good catch. now will her powers act on it's own to try and return to her? or will it seek out a new host?

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm

After the premature (and painful) removal by Mandy, Mimi went completely feral. I'm surprised that it hasn't happened yet. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that the symbiote bond hasn't reached to a semi-permanent level yet, seeing fit as how it randomly shut off in that earlier page. When Mandy did remove it, the process appeared to be quite painful as the symbiote might have reached a semi-permanent bond, which is likely the cause of her hostility to junior afterward.

Blighttown is easy

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)