New Grim Tales Comic: "Like a Boss"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 am

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:Hmm, if she was fast, do you think she could've dodged the Hellhound?
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=154]

probably, since it's slower than a bullet. maybe she was caught by surprise, maybe it was just to break out in a funny manor and once again, she can stop HIM swinging a scythe while enraged, the same HIM who over powered some of earth's mightiest heroes, if she wanted to win she'd throw a mountain or something.

Really? A mountain? Mimi does have superhuman strength, but just because she could stop HIM's scythe rage, it doesn't mean she could throw mountains. And we do know HIM did overpower some superheroes, but that doesn't mean that he managed to take on all of them alone. And Doomguy has taken on gargantuan giant demons before. He took down the Cyberdemon in two to three shots with the BFG 9000.
Never anger a magician

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:36 am

blossom can and has throw building sized monster, HIM overpowered her physically, Mimi suppressed HIM's swing when he wasn't holding back... with 1 claw.
Blossom<HIM<Mimi physically

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:48 am

Potentially. We don't know how Him's power level changed nor what the complete powers and limits are of Mimi's unique heritage. To say she can throw mountains could be pushing it.

Now as I explained before. Mimi isn't a huge demon, size means very little in terms of strength and power. Just because Doom guy can take on a cyberdemon with two or three direct hits mean nothing in this case. Mimi is smaller and faster than a demon of that size so hitting her is going to be increasingly difficult. I would also bet that Mimi pulls out items according to her mission objective and that if she is fighting for her life the tools she uses are going to be more extreme.

Sigment Kurosai wrote:Forum moderator and gun expert? Aren't you full of surprises...

Yup. It can get better though.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 pm

I do agree, I wasn't saying just because she is small doesn't mean she has superhuman strength. I do agree on the fact that she has superhuman strength, but I am aware that even that has limits. It's hard to argue against someone who think Mimi is as strong as Superman (and we know he has the potential to move entire planets). But just because she's a demon, doesn't mean she could throw mountains around.
Never anger a magician

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Spartan117 wrote: But just because she's a demon, doesn't mean she could throw mountains around.

And just because Doomguy has big guns doesn't mean he can defeat any opponent... As we've been saying, those guns mean nothing if he can't hit her.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:33 pm

Yes, your right. I honestly can't really guess the outcome, since there is so many inconsistencies in Mimi's powers. It would be up to the writer. And because of that I concede to defeat, because that would mean the writer would wan't Mimi to win. Albeit Doomguy being much more difficult opponent for Mimi to fight, due to his large arsenal and durability.
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:19 pm

It would be an interesting battle, but the winner would be decided by the writer.

I'll make a future project note of this.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

Another million dollar question, would be how the fight would be set up? In the twin thread, I was thinking about the possibility that if they were to visit earth, they would probally encounter demon slayer mercenaries at the exit. Probally led by Doomguy.
Never anger a magician

Postby CrimsonCreed » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:46 am

Spartan117 wrote:I do agree, I wasn't saying just because she is small doesn't mean she has superhuman strength. I do agree on the fact that she has superhuman strength, but I am aware that even that has limits. It's hard to argue against someone who think Mimi is as strong as Superman (and we know he has the potential to move entire planets). But just because she's a demon, doesn't mean she could throw mountains around.

ok so to sum it all up Mimi is stronger than Him and Blossom then right?
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

Him is only as strong as the negative emotions around him. If they were in Hell, HIM would be much stronger.
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Him is only as strong as the negative emotions around him. If they were in Hell, HIM would be much stronger.

Verification? Also, they don't really go to hell. Him's domain should be where he is his strongest, and there is a lot of negative emotion.

CrimsonCreed wrote:ok so to sum it all up Mimi is stronger than Him and Blossom then right?

Not really. Its unknown. You have the fusion of a puff and basically (like really fucking basic) a demon. There is a chance she could be weaker than both, and a chance that she could be stronger than both in her own way. Looking at it in a different perspective, she is half a puff, and unable to compete with a full puff. She is half a demon and unable to compete with a full demon. Those halves may make up for each other. You would also have to consider the development of a puff's power as they grow up, and the experience Him has verse Mimi.

Mimi gains her powers from the seven sins.

In general, I would say no.

Semper Vigilans

Postby stratus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:22 pm

well mimi's gene pool could make her potentially the most powerful character in grim tales if she could awaken all her potential abilities, powerpuff (mother blossom) + devil lord(father HIM) + her natural psychic powers. however many good writers prefer not to have an Invincible/Over powered protagonist and will incorporate balancing factors into the plot to avoid that. adding bit of mortality to a character makes them more down to earth and reflects humanity in them. a character that can struggle, bleed, and take hits is better for a story than 1 who is God Moded. ex: batman, spiderman, ironman.

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Superman has flown faster than the speed of light, took fifteen suns exploding in his face, and dragged the entire earth around! Superman really is nearly invincible, since he broke down his mental barriers thanks to Mongul the second.
If Mimi does that, we might end up with another superman. But all we seen her do, is effortlessly lift heavy objects, and throw random shit at people. I don't think it gets better than that.
Never anger a magician

Postby stratus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:41 pm

im not exactly trying to debate on the issue of how powerful Mimi is or will become. and i certainly dont know what Level/Tier/Powerscale her abilities place her at in comparison to DC/Marvel characters. only her writers will know for sure. im trying to explain that having an All powerful/practically Limitless/Instant-Win type character isnt the same as having a "good character" the point i wanted to express is that most writers dont want their main character to be a God. this applies to mimi and her writers as well. Along with the reasons why we may never see her at her max with all her latent powers fully active.

sure its fun sometimes to make the star character temporarily Overpowered when the situation calls for it but the problem with having a character who is "god moded" all the time is that your taking away all risk, challenge, danger,thrill, adventure, effort for that character. the story ends in 2 seconds. the reason we like mimi is because she can suffer. she can struggle. she can bleed . she can feel. she can experience pain and loss. she can get knocked down and she can get back up again. the danger is real for her. the risk is real for her. the challenges she faces have real meaning. if they just had her blowing up cities with her mind, teleporting foes to the sun, or light speeding through time like they could of written her then she wouldn't be the Mimi we've grown to love.

Postby Sig Skellington » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:38 am

I assume that the Doomguy/Mimi conversation wasn't cut short by moderators due to this page not really having a central topic in the first place...
Anyway, I propose a new hypothetical battle, 2-on-1. Adult Blossom and Raven Vs. Dante of Devil May Cry 4. Just tossing it out there.

The Resident Smartass

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Sigment Kurosai wrote:I assume that the Doomguy/Mimi conversation wasn't cut short by moderators due to this page not really having a central topic in the first place...

Pretty much. Its was still GT related.

Semper Vigilans

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:33 am

Because the world may, or may not be in ruins (maybe just some areas) does anyone else think The Combine from HL2 might be present?
Never anger a magician

Postby Sig Skellington » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Because the world may, or may not be in ruins (maybe just some areas) does anyone else think The Combine from HL2 might be present?

*facepalm* :roll: uuhhhh.... no.
Although, I wonder if those demons are from any specific CN show...

The Resident Smartass

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:49 am

Well HIM's a demon from PPG. And there was that lava monster from Samurai Jack. Thats all I can think of right now.
Never anger a magician

Previous

Return to Comic Updates and News!