New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New Grim Tales 3/11/13 - Like a Boss

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:29 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:Well... not really. That's a bit of an assumption. We don't know the order of the levels or the realms within them. Its not likely that every major character has a level. Such as where does Halloween town fit into this? Is it its own level or a realm within one. It could have something to do with Dantes inferno.

oh okay, though if i hear layered hell with specific purposes and/or uses, i think dante's inferno. seriously though IF that were the case who would the other 2 be? who else is in the same ballpark as Grim, HIM, Hudson, Aku and Trigon?

If it is based on Dante and I'm not sure it is (Dante's levels are divided by what you did, not how they function. I.e. there's a level for usurers, a level for suicides etc.) there's probably a "cold" (ice based) entity, since the bottom level of Dante's Inferno is actually a frozen lake (well the bottom except for the dead center where Satan himself spends his time chewing on Judas, Brutus and Crassus). Oh and it's Hunson, with an "n", NOT Hudson.
Actually I just had an odd thought about Mimi's chakra gem. Since it did start as a locket, is it possible that there are a pair of pictures inside of it (Raven and Blossom, maybe). As yet, Mimi has never flipped it open (and now that she has welded it to her forehead, it is possible it can't open. But if Mimi sort of knows they are there (she always had psychic powers, so having limited second sight/x-ray vision does not impress me as been all that unlikey) putting it where she has put it may also be to remind her of someting else, that there were once two people who truly cared about them, and that she should always be "at the front of her mind" (sort of like a tefillah.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:Well... not really. That's a bit of an assumption. We don't know the order of the levels or the realms within them. Its not likely that every major character has a level. Such as where does Halloween town fit into this? Is it its own level or a realm within one. It could have something to do with Dantes inferno.

oh okay, though if i hear layered hell with specific purposes and/or uses, i think dante's inferno. seriously though IF that were the case who would the other 2 be? who else is in the same ballpark as Grim, HIM, Hudson, Aku and Trigon?

If it is based on Dante and I'm not sure it is (Dante's levels are divided by what you did, not how they function. I.e. there's a level for usurers, a level for suicides etc.) there's probably a "cold" (ice based) entity, since the bottom level of Dante's Inferno is actually a frozen lake (well the bottom except for the dead center where Satan himself spends his time chewing on Judas, Brutus and Crassus). Oh and it's Hunson, with an "n", NOT Hudson.
Actually I just had an odd thought about Mimi's chakra gem. Since it did start as a locket, is it possible that there are a pair of pictures inside of it (Raven and Blossom, maybe). As yet, Mimi has never flipped it open (and now that she has welded it to her forehead, it is possible it can't open. But if Mimi sort of knows they are there (she always had psychic powers, so having limited second sight/x-ray vision does not impress me as been all that unlikey) putting it where she has put it may also be to remind her of someting else, that there were once two people who truly cared about them, and that she should always be "at the front of her mind" (sort of like a tefillah.

yeah, sorry i get letter's mixed up some times and i actually knew that about the hells, each housed sinners based on what they did, though the only one i remember is traitors were in the 7th. when i said purpose i meant what group was it their job to punish and how.

also... if mimi's chakra gem opened like a locket i'm gonna lol. the face she'll make when she realizes she over looked something stuck to her head this whole time and then using a mirror to see it... what if there's words on the pics or just words, couldn't read it without 2 mirrors

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha, I am thrilled as hell that you have decided to login and join the site. I really am, so I don't want you to take this in the wrong way, but that this is for your benefit. I am also going to over look this if you are not a native English speaker. We really like it when people use as correct of spelling and grammar as possible on the site. So much so that we have rules about it, and I advise you to check out the global rules. These rules mean that we want the capitalization to be good, proper punctuation is in place and a majority of words are spelled correctly. This serves two purposes. One, you don't look like an idiot, and two people have less of a chance of misunderstanding the emotional context of your posts.

There is a complete understanding of grammatical mistakes and spelling errors. No one here has a Ph.D in English, so leniency is given when effort is seen. Mozilla Firefox and I think Google Chrome come with built in spelling checkers that work decently, but any search engine can help too. Those can help, so can reading your post and looking at things to make sure you have the correct words in place.

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:oh okay, though if i hear layered hell with specific purposes and/or uses, i think dante's inferno. seriously though IF that were the case who would the other 2 be? who else is in the same ballpark as Grim, HIM, Hudson, Aku and Trigon?

This isn't hell, its the underworld. The sheer fact that we don't understand the structure of the levels of the underworld is one reason that would go against yours as mere speculation. It does work both ways though, but wee do have some hints of the comic, but no understanding of the structure. Not even Jr seemed to be aware of the different layers of the Underworld. We only know what level Him and Mimi are over, we don't even know the function of Mandy's level, how Grim's power influences all of them, or the relative connection of Halloween Town and actual Hell. I believe it was said that Mandy is "Queen of the Underworld"? So does that mean that Him is a sub ruler under Mandy, or that she is the Queen of her own level? Which also brings me back to the idea of realms within the underworld.

Think of every layer of the underworld as a different dimension or better yet a world. Within each spot is its own individual nations and lands all united under one supreme ruler. Each Realm is controlled by its own leader. Thus an area like Halloween Town could be in the level that Mandy controls. As we see in the comic, despite Jack's position, he still bowed to the ruling family. Now could it be its own level? Possibly, but I don't think so just because there isn't enough stuff there to warrant it to have on of the eight levels of the Underworld.

Leading to how you pointed out the other leaders, well, we don't really know about them except Triton is dead and or banished and is really in a different dimension. Aku is free or dead. Now there are many other citizens and rulers that have zones of control, and some places that don't connect to the Underworld at all, such as Earth, Heaven, and Hell. But there are too many "evil" people to have their own level, and not all of them are included in GT.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:If it is based on Dante and I'm not sure it is (Dante's levels are divided by what you did, not how they function. I.e. there's a level for usurers, a level for suicides etc.)

No. I was using it as an example and not a direct source of comparison. If anything, I think the Aztec version of the Underworld which as eight levels might work better, or the Greek figure out what level of hell Mimi and one. But none of them could work to, since it is easy to build a underworld.

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:when i said purpose i meant what group was it their job to punish and how.

I don't really understand this. Are you trying to figure out what level of the underworld Mimi and Him control?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Okay first off, Awesome page.

Secondly, This thing about the 7 layers of hell, do you think Bleed has anything planned for it, story wise?

CrimsonCreed wrote:Ok seriously i don't think Raven is dead i mean yeah she transported herself and Hoss away from everyone with a nuke in tow to try and kill Him but when you think about who Raven is and where she comes from... i just gotta have my doubts about her actually being dead.

Yes I've said something to this effect in the prediction thread.
Although Raven, Blossom, and a bunch of the other heroes might be dead, Grim Tales is based heavily around the afterlife. So we could see anyone of them again. especially Raven, even if she died, I have to wonder if her powers could let her disembodied soul roam free.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Speaking of Halloween town i wonder if Sora is gonna make a appearance somewhere in the main story i know it's a bit of a assumption to make but it could be possible :unsure:

Havoc751 wrote:Okay first off, Awesome page.

Secondly, This thing about the 7 layers of hell, do you think Bleed has anything planned for it, story wise?

CrimsonCreed wrote:Ok seriously i don't think Raven is dead i mean yeah she transported herself and Hoss away from everyone with a nuke in tow to try and kill Him but when you think about who Raven is and where she comes from... i just gotta have my doubts about her actually being dead.

Yes I've said something to this effect in the prediction thread.
Although Raven, Blossom, and a bunch of the other heroes might be dead, Grim Tales is based heavily around the afterlife. So we could see anyone of them again. especially Raven, even if she died, I have to wonder if her powers could let her disembodied soul roam free.

Um I was actually referring to her using her powers to escape the blast at the very last second but yea thats actually a good speculation
Last edited by Blood Lord on Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: K. Man. I'm feeling mighty generous. Next double post, we be havin a talk. If you have questions, just PM me.
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Crimson, buddy. I think I told you already not to double post. If you left something out, just press the edit button. You can copy and past the quote or add a section in your post to that person.

Havoc751 wrote:Secondly, This thing about the 7 layers of hell, do you think Bleed has anything planned for it, story wise?

Like explanations for what it is? Possibly. I know when I write a story I have to plan every considerable detail or it bugs me. But I'm like that. But telling us or pursuing it? Maybe. I don't want to doubt it because I think that would be a great thing to explain or expound upon if he does a Mandy or Grim Family back-story.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 am

i see your point though was HIM"s place ever spoken as part of the underworld? could be Mandy's layer is called the Underworld. seeing as bleedman adds to characters, but never takes away, we can make some assumptions based on their original work, since Hunson exists and Bleedman doesn't remove, this should indicate that the Nightoshphere (spelling?) exists as well right?

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:46 am

I think every Lord of the their perspective realm has their own name for it but in any case it is still the underworld regardless just different trials for different realms (example: Hunson is lord of the Nightosphere and so on)
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 am

http://grim.snafu-comics.com/?comic_id=98

i went looking and yeah HIM's realm is directly spoken as one of 8 layers, but Redeemer also says that Mandy does not have say in that realm or the others, so Mandy's in charge of only 1, it clearly has insperation from dante's inferno... but 8 not 7. what could bleedman need with another layer?

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 am

I literally posted that link on the last page.

Dante's Inferno has nine circles, not seven. Its not a direct inspiration from Dante's inferno either since as I pointed out in my post, there are other versions of the underworld and hell that have multiple layers.

Why would Bleed do that? Future plot expansion.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am

Blood Archon wrote:I literally posted that link on the last page.

Dante's Inferno has nine circles, not seven. Its not a direct inspiration from Dante's inferno either since as I pointed out in my post, there are other versions of the underworld and hell that have multiple layers.

sorry didn't see the link, my bad. also i could of sworn there were 7, guess i need to read it.

i know it's obviously for a future plot thing, i just can't think of what, which makes me wonder how far ahead has bleedman planned and if so, what hints (if any) has been put in the comic thus far for us... just a thought.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:44 am

I hope we get to see it expounded upon. Maybe in this new arc now that this one is done.

And its a good thought too, don't get me wrong.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:27 am

I prefer doing things LIKE A SIR.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am

I'm half-expecting to see Spawn or Doomguy cameo in this comic someday.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:35 pm

Pretty badass. I like the demon making the devil horns on the left.
\m/
And Spawn has made an appearance in the comic, pretty early on.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:42 pm

NoHandlebarsAttached wrote:Pretty badass. I like the demon making the devil horns on the left.
\m/
And Spawn has made an appearance in the comic, pretty early on.

yeah, page 5, kinda hard to miss.

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:12 pm

who's spawn?
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:34 pm

A comic book character who is essentially a superhero from hell.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I feel pretty stupid now that I checked that. But I still want to see Doomguy.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Havoc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Blood Archon wrote:I literally posted that link on the last page.

Maybe in the next arc, when the story goes back to the present time, Jr. and/or Minnie will go to one, or more of these circles. I'm hoping they'll make a trip to the world of the living, so we could see what that's like now.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 am

And if that happens, they're likely gonna have to watch out for demon killers camping at the gates of hell.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:24 am

Bumped for being the current thread.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Spartan117 wrote:And if that happens, they're likely gonna have to watch out for demon killers camping at the gates of hell.

That sounds pretty sweet. I would like to see Grim Jr. display some of his abilities in combat. I feel like we haven't gotten to witness he's full potential yet. But I'm not sure what you mean by "demon killers". Like, unholy guardians, humans, beasts?

Before he goes to fight Him, I'm hoping he'll go to the world of the living, so he came either; talk to the surviving heroes, and get info about Him, or team up with these heroes, to help bring Him down.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am

The demon killer kind that would camp to rack up more kills. Basically mercenaries and poachers. Maybe some well known characters like Doomguy. Grim junior, Mimi, and Minymandy V.S. Doomguy and a group of mercenaries in a attempt-that-went-wrong for Junior to talk to the demon slayer mercenaries who impulsively do their job to kill the first demon they see, now that's gonna be fun.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm

who is Doomguy?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)