Favorite Anime/Manga

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Favorite Anime/Manga

Postby Exodis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:28 am

Anime and Manga has been with us for decades! What are your favorite anime? Not a fan of anime? Then what's your favorite manga? Hope I'm not repeating this topic...
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Deemed as the best, Outlawed as the worst.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Universal Swordsman

Re: Favorite Anime/Manga

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:51 am

I love Gundams. Giant robots with angsty teenagers blown the hell out of everything? Yes please.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 am

Chobits and Mononoke.

The first one, despite not being very good, introduced me to anime and to the japanese culture in general (not by watching the anime, basically what i mean is that i did my own research on the side, inspired by the thing) and the second one i consider to be an example of anime not always being forcefully complete and utter shite in anime's technical aspects. Beautiful narrative with elements straight from Japanese folklore, art style reminiscent of ancient japanese drawings, excellent pacing and duration.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Exodis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:14 am

I actually never said my favorite anime/manga!
Anime: Hellsing, Yu-Yu Hakusho, FMA, Digimon, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, All Studio Ghibli films (do those count?), DBZ (favorite), and a lot more!
Manga: Naruto (favorite), Bleach, Akira, Yu-Yu Hakusho, FMA, DBZ, Hellsing, Death Note, and a lot more!
Yeah... I a lot of favorites...
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 pm

I'm going to throw Highschool of the Dead out there too. While I haven't read the manga or watched the anime in depth, I'm a sucker for zombie movies.

Postby Joker-Undead » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:24 am

Here's a list of my favourite anime & manga.

Anime: Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt, Guyver (both the OVA series and the new-series), Lucky-Star, Karas (both movies), Generator Gawl (Iam a sucker for monster-of-the-week type anime), Hellsing Untimate, Gaogaiger.

Manga: SkullMan, Keroro Gunsou, Shaman-King, Karakuri Dôji Ultimo (a manga created by Stan Lee).
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby Sentios » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Anime: Heroic Age, Ghost Hunt, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, Gundam 00, The Twelve Kingdoms, and Black Lagoon are among some of the ones I enjoyed/rewatched the most.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Archrival » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:58 am

Manga: One Piece
Anime: One Piece, Keroro Gunso, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Soul Eater
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Vegedus » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Is a list of 10 animes a list of your favorites or just a list of which one you like?

My favorite is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Yog » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:20 pm

Anime: Welcome to the NHK, Kaiba, Bokurano, Bakemonogatari, Steins;Gate, Clannad, Usagi Drop, Monster, Shiki, Baccano, Serial Experiments Lain, Spice and Wolf, Ergo Proxy.

Manga: Parasyte, Kiwaguro no Brynhldr, Elfen Lied, Nononono, Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko, Zombie Hunter, Watashi ga Motonai, Sankarea, Corpse Party.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head. I'll probably edit this post as more comes to mind.
Resident Old God

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:57 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a manga with alpha males much like Fist of the North Star, its inspiration. The new anime is fucking manly too, when I saw Joseph Joestar, all I wanted to do was kneel before his art of manliness. All I can say is, here comes the sun. He broke a police man's fucking finger using a fucking coke cap. A FUCKING COKE CAP.

God, this isn't even half of it.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Tuor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Mir@k wrote:Chobits and Mononoke.

The first one, despite not being very good, introduced me to anime and to the japanese culture in general (not by watching the anime, basically what i mean is that i did my own research on the side, inspired by the thing) and the second one i consider to be an example of anime not always being forcefully complete and utter shite in anime's technical aspects. Beautiful narrative with elements straight from Japanese folklore, art style reminiscent of ancient japanese drawings, excellent pacing and duration.

Ya, Princess Mononoke is brilliant. I haven't really watched much anime at all, but most of my friends do. As a result when I have asked for recommendations, they've always steered me towards something I've liked. Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai. Then there are the Ghibli movies, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Yog » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Actually, Tuor, he's talking about the series, Mononoke.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mononoke_(TV_series)

I think we can all agree that the Studio Ghibli films are amazing, though.
Resident Old God

Postby nobody » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

Akumetsu is my personal favorite manga.
Nowhere man please listen.

Postby Yoshi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 am

Hey guys, have you heard of this anime called Trigun? It's pretty sweet.
"Worst case scenario I'll get arrested for public nudity.
Best case scenerio I'll get arrested for public nudity with a boner. It's win win.
" ~ Dave
"Also Yoshi is the most important person in all of Australia." ~ Zepherin

Postby Exodis » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:17 am

I've heard of it, a friend says it's really cool!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Vegedus » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Rosso Rose wrote:JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a manga with alpha males much like Fist of the North Star, its inspiration. The new anime is fucking manly too, when I saw Joseph Joestar, all I wanted to do was kneel before his art of manliness. All I can say is, here comes the sun. He broke a police man's fucking finger using a fucking coke cap. A FUCKING COKE CAP.

God, this isn't even half of it.

The music's pretty funky too. I keep forgetting I should watch the new Jojo anime.

Yoshi wrote:Hey guys, have you heard of this anime called Trigun? It's pretty sweet.

That's a lot of guns!
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm not sure I like anime as much as manga since the anime seems to screw up the manga a lot. With that in mind Oh My Goddess is my favorite manga. It is hilarious, holds great character design, and retains a good plot that actually makes sense and is easy to explain (for once).

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
PRAISE THE SUN BITCH

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:53 pm

Naruto Shippuden
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Sentios » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Sir Soulchild wrote:Naruto Shippuden

Please be a troll.

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Sentios wrote:
Sir Soulchild wrote:Naruto Shippuden

Please be a troll.

why is liking naruto attributed to trolls and/or trolling?

i personally think the manga finally picked back up and i can actually look forward to release day again, bleach is just ichigo being a fricken blue mage have everything. d gray man is okay right now, but it updates so slow... but deadman wonderland is back after just over a year hiatus and that's awesome. soul eater should of released today, don't know whats wrong. the only other manga i actively keep up with is Kodomo no Jikan, but it has announced to series will be wrapped up in 2 more chapters :(

Postby Sentios » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:why is liking naruto attributed to trolls and/or trolling?

Because it hasn't been enjoyable (except in a so bad it's good kind of way) to anyone who's watched more than couple anime in a nearly a decade yet it still continues to be released. We also expect this as par for the course in Naruto.

http://plonq.org/up/513e5bbb36a97.gif

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Sentios wrote:
Javetts Eall Raksha wrote:why is liking naruto attributed to trolls and/or trolling?

Because it hasn't been enjoyable (except in a so bad it's good kind of way) to anyone who's watched more than couple anime in a nearly a decade yet it still continues to be released. We also expect this as par for the course in Naruto.

http://plonq.org/up/513e5bbb36a97.gif

well the manga has got it's act together lately and as stated, has once again been worth checking updates for. it's been slowly im proving for a little while now and i feel that if trend continues, you might change your mind.

(their current improvement do not in any way excuse the long desert of bore it had for a while, but i can either hold a grudge or be thankful they finally took note of their fan base dropping and tried again).

EDIT: loled at that gif so hard, it hurt to laugh that much, if it doesn't stop soon i'll file charges for assault

Postby Exodis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:33 pm

I actually love the Naruto manga, but not a big fan of the anime. I'm so big of a Naruto manga fan that I have all the manga up to 50 (been kinda broke, but will continue updating my collection soon!) and I've been buying the manga since 2004! I'm also starting to get the Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh! mangas, and soon Hellsing!

The Universal Swordsman

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Exodis wrote:I actually love the Naruto manga, but not a big fan of the anime. I'm so big of a Naruto manga fan that I have all the manga up to 50 (been kinda broke, but will continue updating my collection soon!) and I've been buying the manga since 2004! I'm also starting to get the Bleach and Yu-Gi-Oh! mangas, and soon Hellsing!

... but... the internet has all of those, everywhere, always, why buy the manga? support the business i guess. wait so you're getting yugioh BEFORE hellsing, what are you priorities

Next

Return to Snafu General Discussion