Who's you favourite Supervillain?

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Who's you favourite Supervillain?

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:14 am

I was thinking about Stalin. Definitely an evil bastard.
Napoleon? He's not a figure that's viewed by most as evil.
Certainly power-hungry, though. Maybe he would be. Hard to say.

Since I managed to get us talking about evil historical figures, how about Mao Zedong?
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 am

Well, I brought him up because he was the first other figure that came to mind that did everything you said Hitler did.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 am

Stalin:supervillain
Napoleon:not

Got it
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 am

I guess I should have mentioned the genocide part. Whoops.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Riz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 am

Whoops!

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:22 am

Personally, I don't think anyone that does not have some kind of superpower as a super villain. Sure, all these dictators may have been bad dudes, but super villains they weren't.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 am

My favorite superhero is Gandhi

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:33 am

Fine. How about God? The way he sent bears to kill children, flooded the Earth, sends people to hell, etc. That's all some pretty evil stuff, and he has supernatural abilities.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:38 am

Oooo, gettin contentious now.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:40 am

That wasn't my intention, but I see what you mean. Crap.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:44 am

S'ok, I mean, I'm not offended y it or whatever, but calling what some people consider the ultimate good a Super Villain is likely to cause some dissent. ;)
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:20 am

look out we got an edgy poster over here

Postby NoHandlebarsAttached » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Damn right.
How about the Daedric princes from The Elder Scrolls? They're supernatural beings, and most of them are evil. Especially Molag Bal, lord of domination, vampirism, corruption, slavery, and rape.
Gib mir BENZIN!
Atheist Absol

Postby Whatis6times9 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:18 pm

The Plutonian.
ButtStuff: I love you, too.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:36 am

Deadpool. The Merc with a Mouth. The Regeneratin Degenerate. The Crimson Comedian. With this all said, I think everyone would know what Deadpool is.
Never anger a magician

Postby Tuor » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:04 am

I wouldn't consider Deadpool a villain, from what I know of him.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 am

hmmm... i don't think i could say i have a favorite. every time i think one was going to exceed the others, they'd do something to disappoint me. you see i believe the best villain is a hero, more specifically; someone who has a good reason for what they're doing or even better a morally good end goal to justify their actions. the reason i think this is because it seems more realistic, no one does evil things for the sake of being evil. every person does what they thinks is right, what'll improve the world and such. and the baddies used the same thoughts, but came to a different conclusion.

that's why i always liked anime villains since this happened more often in them, but the best example i could give for a great villain would be Magnito; he was an "ends justifies the means" and "at all costs" kind of guy. hell in the original comic they planned for him to succeed professor X, but was shut down due to it removing the main enemy and concluding the series. the comics were selling well, they didn't want to screw it up. though the entire x men were a re-skin of the civil rights movement. professor X was Martin Luther King Jr. and Magneto was Malcom X.

some others would be like Kira from Death Note or Lelouch from Code Geass. they were the main protagonist, but they also embody the core of what i believe a good villain should be, heck a slightly different writing of either of them would of made them the villains.

the other trait i like in a villain that sticks out is arrogance, i don't know why but it's appealing in them, but insufferable for anyone else.

anyway that's my thoughts on the matter.

Postby MERASMUS! » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:41 pm

Thats one reason why I like Deadpool.
Never anger a magician

Postby Blood Lord » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:40 pm

So you're putting someone you consider not to be a villain in the "Who's your favorite supervillian?" thread? Or are you basing it off of him being arrogant?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 am

Blood Archon wrote:So you're putting someone you consider not to be a villain in the "Who's your favorite supervillian?" thread? Or are you basing it off of him being arrogant?

kira and lelouch killed hundreds of thousands of people, i'm just saying that if written in a different manor, they'd both be among my favorite villains. Kira is still arguably a villain to most and lelouch start multiple wars causing death tolls they didn't have good estimates for by the end of the series. they could easy of been villains and not a single thing about them would need to change, just the way it was written.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:16 am

That's cool to know, but the post wasn't directed at you.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:21 am

Blood Archon wrote:That's cool to know, but the post wasn't directed at you.

oh... well this is akward...(scuttles away)

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 am

Well Deadpool was originally intended to be a villian in the old X-Men comics. He later became popular enough to have his own comic series which anyone would expect that a comic series for a supervillian makes him a Anti-Hero. He tipically works for the side with the most money, and fight for himself. Thats what makes him a mercenary. He has a strange view of the world (which is comparable to pyrovision), and can't tell wether he's in danger or not. He typically has no regard for safetey protocols due to his healing factor. It's really up to the audience for wether to regard him as a bad guy or not.
Never anger a magician

Postby Tuor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:22 pm

If he's ambiguous he's not a supervillain. Like you said, he's a mercenary, he does the job he's paid to do. He doesn't have personal villainous plans
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby MERASMUS! » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Can't Anti-Heroes like Venom count?
Never anger a magician

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion