New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Very good advise I might add.

So I think it was brought up in the News Section. Something about by the time Dexter reached the panic room, Samantha was already dead. It wasn't BR who said this, and I'm still scanning the comic. But did anyone see any hint of that happening?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm

nope if I remember right Dexter was kissing Olga when we last saw him
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Cerulean » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Could you be referring to the page "Otto Time" Blood Archon? It's the only page that I can see so far that seems to hint that Samantha might be dead. There are 3 energy signals (which I presume to be Bell, Blossom and Buttercup) and a fourth that I am presuming to have been the bomb.
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Yes. that is the one I am referring to. There was another page a little bit before that, which showed four dots; Bell, Blossom, buttercup, and Samantha. I can't remember which one it is.

Thanks for your help, strange person I've never seen before.

EDIT: Found the page, and it shows the power outage too. http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=253
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 am

Wow I never thought to look back at the scans Dexter preformed. I applaud whoever came up with that idea.

Anyways, looking at the four power levels Dexter picked up on, it's hard to make-out/guess what's going on.
But just looking at it, I'm gonna guess the colors represent each individual accordingly:

Blossom=pink

Buttercup=Green

Samantha=purple

Bell=white

But I can't tell if they're all in the same room, or separate.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:33 am

Havoc751 wrote:But I can't tell if they're all in the same room, or separate.
It looks like both sides are standing side-by-side. Bell and Sam fighting Blossom and Buttercup. If the sizing is that coarse, it probably means they are really close to each other, so yes- in the same room.

So it shows the power outage... that's interesting. Because the power outage happened because of Gir switching the generator with the bomb. At that moment, Blossom is blasting him with the eye lasers.

Now, a couple of things could have happened. Sam could have blocked the attack on Gir or bashed Blossom off Bell. I don't think both. Gir is probably destroyed by the moment that energy screen-shot was taken. Soon after that the bomb explodes.

That means even with Blossom 'outsmarting' Bell and getting help from Buttercup, she still couldn't stop the bomb. Without more information, it seems to only point to this conclusion.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 am

When Dexter scans the area again in "Otto Time", you can see the there dots instead of four with the purple Samantha one gone. Witch means, she dies during or right before the bomb went off.

The three remaining dots are in a triangular formation. I'm gonna guess that Buttercup and Blossom have already reunited with each other, and they're either fighting Bell, or chasing after her as they all flee from the bombs blast.

Birdofterror wrote:Now, a couple of things could have happened. Sam could have blocked the attack on Gir or bashed Blossom off Bell. I don't think both. Gir is probably destroyed by the moment that energy screen-shot was taken. Soon after that the bomb explodes.


It would be cool if Samantha came in and intercepted the blast from Blossom's eyelasers, and split it in two with Jack's sword, casing it to fork around her, the bomb, and Gir. But like you said probably not likely. However I'm not sure whether or not Gir will die. On one hand he's such a popular, and lovable character, yet the comic is pretty dark so it's always possible. On top of that, he's a robot so as long as there's a backup file of his software, someone could theoretically rebuild him. (I think I might have already mentioned that)

Birdofterror wrote:That means even with Blossom 'outsmarting' Bell and getting help from Buttercup, she still couldn't stop the bomb. Without more information, it seems to only point to this conclusion.

I just thought of something crazy, what if Otto is the reason the bomb still goes off?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:37 am

Hey first off i just wanna say that even though i'm a late bloomer reading into the comic/manga i have to say this version of Powerpuff Girls totally blows my mind and that all the classic cartoon planet shows play a part in it... epidemically insane yet a stroke of genius.

As for this page i think its clear that Blossom know how attached Bell is to Gir and that although she would like to do things without someone (A.K.A Gir) getting hurt but unfortunately she knows the situation and that she has no choice but to shoot for the bomb even with Gir in close range of the explosion.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:48 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Hey first off i just wanna say that even though i'm a late bloomer reading into the comic/manga i have to say this version of Powerpuff Girls totally blows my mind and that all the classic cartoon planet shows play a part in it... epidemically insane yet a stroke of genius.
Yeah that's kind of what I've been going with too.

But hey, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay.
Havoc751 wrote:I just thought of something crazy, what if Otto is the reason the bomb still goes off?
Well, if the bomb does something else 'other' than destroy everything, maybe... but I don't see the reason for him doing that. Not to mention it seems much easier for the 'bad guys' to have done it, you know?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Cerulean » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 pm

No problem @bloodarchon.

I think (at least now anyway) that there's a good chance Sam dies as a result of Blossom's eye beam. I have two-three theories.

First of which has Buttercup tossing Sam into the line of fire while they are fighting, therefore unintentionally causing Blossom's plan to fail. This could be a double whammy so to speak for character development for both Buttercup and Blossom. Both responsible for Sam's death and both failing to prevent the bomb from detonating.

My second theory falls along the lines of Gir saving Gir. I vaguely recall from Invader Zim that there were moments where Gir was in Duty mode. Therefore I think that it's perfectly possible that he enters duty mode and evades her beam.

Either that or Gir randomly pulls out a reflective item that deflects the beam toward Samantha at the last second. After all he does have a lot of storage space in his head, why not room for a mirror?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 643
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Havoc751 wrote:When Dexter scans the area again in "Otto Time", you can see the there dots instead of four with the purple Samantha one gone. Witch means, she dies during or right before the bomb went off.

The three remaining dots are in a triangular formation. I'm gonna guess that Buttercup and Blossom have already reunited with each other, and they're either fighting Bell, or chasing after her as they all flee from the bombs blast.

Agreed

bluebluetopaz wrote:No problem @bloodarchon.

I think (at least now anyway) that there's a good chance Sam dies as a result of Blossom's eye beam. I have two-three theories.

First of which has Buttercup tossing Sam into the line of fire while they are fighting, therefore unintentionally causing Blossom's plan to fail. This could be a double whammy so to speak for character development for both Buttercup and Blossom. Both responsible for Sam's death and both failing to prevent the bomb from detonating.

My second theory falls along the lines of Gir saving Gir. I vaguely recall from Invader Zim that there were moments where Gir was in Duty mode. Therefore I think that it's perfectly possible that he enters duty mode and evades her beam.

Either that or Gir randomly pulls out a reflective item that deflects the beam toward Samantha at the last second. After all he does have a lot of storage space in his head, why not room for a mirror?

Interesting theory, bluebluetopaz
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby BeeAre » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:No problem @bloodarchon.

I think (at least now anyway) that there's a good chance Sam dies as a result of Blossom's eye beam. I have two-three theories.

First of which has Buttercup tossing Sam into the line of fire while they are fighting, therefore unintentionally causing Blossom's plan to fail. This could be a double whammy so to speak for character development for both Buttercup and Blossom. Both responsible for Sam's death and both failing to prevent the bomb from detonating.


The events are all dealt with by the emotional contexts of each character. This is a very important statement.

My second theory falls along the lines of Gir saving Gir. I vaguely recall from Invader Zim that there were moments where Gir was in Duty mode. Therefore I think that it's perfectly possible that he enters duty mode and evades her beam.


"Duty mode" requires realization by Gir, and a further understood connection in applying himself to that. Rather difficult for our desultory little friend.

Either that or Gir randomly pulls out a reflective item that deflects the beam toward Samantha at the last second. After all he does have a lot of storage space in his head, why not room for a mirror?


While mirrors in heads are thematically pleasing, there is not one in Gir's head currently.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 am

CrimsonCreed wrote:Hey first off i just wanna say that even though i'm a late bloomer reading into the comic/manga i have to say this version of Powerpuff Girls totally blows my mind and that all the classic cartoon planet shows play a part in it... epidemically insane yet a stroke of genius.

As for this page i think its clear that Blossom know how attached Bell is to Gir and that although she would like to do things without someone (A.K.A Gir) getting hurt but unfortunately she knows the situation and that she has no choice but to shoot for the bomb even with Gir in close range of the explosion.

I didn't find out about these comics until October of last year, so I'm kind of a late bloomer too. They are pretty amazing aren't they? By the way, welcome to the forums.

Birdofterror wrote:Well, if the bomb does something else 'other' than destroy everything, maybe... but I don't see the reason for him doing that. Not to mention it seems much easier for the 'bad guys' to have done it, you know?

The reason I come up with that was because, BeeAre said that this bomb was the reason the Time Squad existed. (Or at least that's what I think he was trying to tell us, I could just be misconstruing what he said.)
So maybe this bomb needs to go off, and Otto's the one who has to insure the events play out as such.

BeeAre wrote:The events are all dealt with by the emotional contexts of each character. This is a very important statement.

Interesting, so Buttercup's fate will be determined by her anger, if I'm not mistaken.
But I'm not quite sure what Blossom's emotional context is. Pride, maybe?

bluebluetopaz wrote:First of which has Buttercup tossing Sam into the line of fire while they are fighting, therefore unintentionally causing Blossom's plan to fail. This could be a double whammy so to speak for character development for both Buttercup and Blossom. Both responsible for Sam's death and both failing to prevent the bomb from detonating.

That's a good theory, and would explain a lot. If this were to happen, there'd be a lot of interesting emotions, between the three remaining characters.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:40 pm

Havoc751 wrote:The reason I come up with that was because, BeeAre said that this bomb was the reason the Time Squad existed. (Or at least that's what I think he was trying to tell us, I could just be misconstruing what he said.)
So maybe this bomb needs to go off, and Otto's the one who has to insure the events play out as such.

Otto confirms this as well.

http://ppg.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=267

Except the him causing it. They don't know what it is.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:16 pm

So a hero could potentially betray the other heroes? Were else have we heard that?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Star Wars?
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Star Wars?


I was think more along the lines of Grim Tales (yes I know both stories are not tied together)
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
offline
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:38 am

K13-ZAR wrote:So a hero could potentially betray the other heroes? Were else have we heard that?

Not so much betrayal as much as blackmail the way i see it when you think about it.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:53 pm

CrimsonCreed wrote:Not so much betrayal as much as blackmail the way i see it when you think about it.

What do you mean by "blackmail"?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:51 am

If it were blackmail, what could possibly be so bad to cause a hero to basically throw away the world?

While the possibility isn't out of the question, it would have to be something incredibly abhorrent...
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1842
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:57 am

I'm just not sure who would black mail who, or for what.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1599
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 am

Hey guys, Sorry I wasn't on. Was celebrating Shivaratri.

CrimsonCreed wrote:Not so much betrayal as much as blackmail the way i see it when you think about it.

Havoc751 wrote:I'm just not sure who would black mail who, or for what.

Would like to know that myself
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CrimsonCreed » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 am

most likely we will see a love triangle between Olga, Dexter and blossom and that in turn could be the starting point as to whom betrays whom but this is still speculative but evil always finds a way to takes advantage of someones heart for someone and turns it into something of a one sided deal.
Image
Nothing is true Everything is permmited
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:49 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:29 am

This has to do with PpGD how? Why would blackmail be needed?

Also, if you are refering to GT being related to PpGD, you're wrong. It has been revealed that they are separate universes that had a division a long time ago.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18461
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby The Mad Doctor » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Can someone please sum up whats being discussed? Something about blackmail and betrayal is all I'm getting.
Image
F U Im evil
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests