New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:46 pm

you should call yourself Blood Emperor not Blood King if you become an Administrator
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Zombie Queen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 pm

It's funny. I didn't quite realize that her hair wasn't pulled back by the chakra gem until now.
Hey look, an UPROAR. Just what I wanted.

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:40 am

Blood Archon wrote:There is some more on Mimi that I would like to see, but I am also deeply interested in the personal affairs and interactions/relationships in the Grim Family. I would like to see before the incident and after it, such as what changed, if any. Most of this fascination comes from this fan picture

I know its a fan picture, but there is some evidence in the comic that points at this possibility. I would just like to see some normalcy in that family.

I suppose there are a few loose ends with Mimi left, so we should cover that before moving on. And we should get back to the grim family ASAP, after all they were the original focus of this comic. But I REALLY want to know more about the heroes, such as the PPG, Dexter, the RRB, Jenny, Samurai Jack, and the other Teen Titans. Like:

-Who's the traitor?
-Who's still alive and who's dead?
-Does anyone have any offspring?

I also wanna know how Him pulled this off, and what the world of the living is like, post attack.

What did you mean by "there is some evidence in the comic that points at this possibility"? Like you wanna see a normal mother-daughter relationship between these two? I would like to see Minnie get her normal body back. I know that's not "back story", but still.

I now Predict a massive cat fight, far off in the future between Her, and Mini. Kinda like what happened between Bell, and Blossom, but Jr interrupts, and chooses Her's side. Mini is left feeling alone, and betrayed, and during a rush of hellish emotions, Mini kills Jr in his sleep. She's found in the morning cradling his dead body, saying that she did what she had to do, to save the life of her brother.

All that's missing is Minnie creepily singing the mockingbird lullaby, with her own lyrics.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:52 am

Blood Archon wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:
Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:@Blood Archon: You use to be Blood Knight? If you get promoted to Administrator, what's next, will you become Blood God or something?
Blood CARRIER HAS ARRIVED.

Haha. I like the idea of both, I doubt I'd ever be a admin though. Probably something like Blood King.

You could sort of be both. Since the admins are sort of the high priests of this site, how about Blood the Priest-King or to use the old word, Blood Prester? (though in that case you may want to flip it to "Prester Blood" since most people are used to Prester coming first (as in Prester John).

Zombie Queen wrote:It's funny. I didn't quite realize that her hair wasn't pulled back by the chakra gem until now.

That bring up an interesting question about Mimi's hair. Does she already have a widow's peak under her bangs, or did she get that when Him did whatever he did to her to turn her into Her (I kn ow she still has it when she is untransformed, but there are several differences in appearance between young Mimi and untransformed Mimi already beyond the obvios lack of hands, so it appears that something of what Him did has a permanent effect on her appearance. Speaking as someone who has a widow's peak (well had, now that my hair is going it's a lot harder to see) I can testify that if you have one, dressing you hair in a manner that hides it isn't easy, particually one as deep as Mimi's (bear in mind though that I am a boy, and so never had hair quite that long, that may change things.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm

maybe HIM gave Mimi a haircut :grin:

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
What did you mean by "there is some evidence in the comic that points at this possibility"? Like you wanna see a normal mother-daughter relationship between these two? I would like to see Minnie get her normal body back. I know that's not "back story", but still.

Not just between those two, but some "normal" relationships in the family. There is some stuff earlier in the comic that showed Mandy having some motherly feelings with Jr.
http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=10

No insults, no remarks about being weak, just held him patiently.

Havoc751 wrote:-Who's the traitor?
-Who's still alive and who's dead?
-Does anyone have any offspring?

I'm hoping we would have gotten that out of this flashback. I don't know if I want to revisit Mimi's life in a flashback again three times in a row.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:(I kn ow she still has it when she is untransformed, but there are several differences in appearance between young Mimi and untransformed Mimi already beyond the obvios lack of hands, so it appears that something of what Him did has a permanent effect on her appearance.

Mimi has Herr still had bangs, personally, I like her look better that way. I believe she either had her hair cut or styled differently so the gold plate shows.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Blood Archon wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:(I kn ow she still has it when she is untransformed, but there are several differences in appearance between young Mimi and untransformed Mimi already beyond the obvios lack of hands, so it appears that something of what Him did has a permanent effect on her appearance.

Mimi has Herr still had bangs, personally, I like her look better that way. I believe she either had her hair cut or styled differently so the gold plate shows.

You are right of course, I was thinking of "Her Classic" not "Her Original". I suppose the answer to this question will be revealed very soon, probably next panel (Her has the medallion in her claws now, so presumably the next panel will show her attaching it to her head, so we'll have to see her pulling back her hair.
Actually I just realized that, since there is a change Mimi will eventually get together with Junior and possibly marry him, the fact she HAS a widows peak could be an ominous sign for the marriage (a widows peak is called a widows peak becaue the superstition is that if you are a girl who has one, you are destined to become a widow very early and often; all of you husbands will die very soon after you marry them.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Which would make sense. Curious foreshadowing if its true.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:26 am

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:

You are right of course, I was thinking of "Her Classic" not "Her Original". I suppose the answer to this question will be revealed very soon, probably next panel (Her has the medallion in her claws now, so presumably the next panel will show her attaching it to her head, so we'll have to see her pulling back her hair.
Actually I just realized that, since there is a change Mimi will eventually get together with Junior and possibly marry him, the fact she HAS a widows peak could be an ominous sign for the marriage (a widows peak is called a widows peak becaue the superstition is that if you are a girl who has one, you are destined to become a widow very early and often; all of you husbands will die very soon after you marry them.)

is it bad that that ties very well into a fan-fiction of Grim Tales that I have in my head

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 am

Blood Archon wrote:I'm hoping we would have gotten that out of this flashback. I don't know if I want to revisit Mimi's life in a flashback again three times in a row.

Yeah, too many flashbacks from Mimi's point of view would get a little monotonous, but there are other way's of conveying the answers. Like if the traitor walks in on Him and Hudson, and tells us how he/she and Him pulled it off.

Another way of getting some insight might include, just starting a new flashback next chapter, or we could see what's going on in the world of the living now, maybe see some surviving heroes or something, have them tell the tale. Hell, maybe we'll get to see some of the dead heroes in heaven.

K13-ZAR wrote:is it bad that that ties very well into a fan-fiction of Grim Tales that I have in my head

If you wish to write one, there's a "Literature" forum on this website. I was thinking about making one myself.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby CrimsonCreed » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:04 pm

wow i feel srry for Mimi, not only is she the daughter of Him but she endures every sick and chaotic thing humans and Him could come up with... and that shes the daughter of Blossom too, her arch-nemesis, i can see how Raven was able to connect with her i just hope that Junior will be able to help her in some small way...
Nothing is true Everything is permmited

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:47 am

I'm really am getting tired of questions and flashbacks. As far as how I liked what we manage to probe through Mimi's past, I really miss Grim. Jr. Theres a whole lot of unanswered questions for them in the present, and I hate cliffhangers (The Spiderman Unlimited TV show was the most frustrating cliffhanger for me.)
Not Space Jesus

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:23 am

You know better than to comment in old threads. Don't do it again.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)