New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 pm

I love how we've gone back to square one with the who is Mimi's mother question even though it said in the comic that Blossom was her mother
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm glad you love it. Me, not so much.

Next we'll be revisiting the Reapinator. (The Nergal-fused Pumpkinator)
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Birdofterror wrote:For the sake of the theory, that doesn't really matter. If she were alive, she would probably be more involved. If there was an original birth mother, she was no longer relevant by the time Him commenced his attack on Earth, as Blossom at that time was known as "Mom." Thus, if there was a birth mother, she would be more than likely dead far before the attack on Megaville... if Blossom isn't the actual mother.

Well if it turns out Blossom ISN'T the true mother, then people are gonna wanna know who is, and start coming up with theories as to who she might be. It kinda falls under that same category as "Grim Jr.'s real father".

Birdofterror wrote:I mean... who's to say the Powerpuff Girls are even fertile? They technically aren't even human...

Yes and no. They're trans-humans, or homunculus (homunculi), but that doesn't mean they can't reproduce. However, if they are "sterile", then that would explain why none of the other PPG appear to have kids, and why Mimi's an only child.
You know...come to think of it, why IS she an only child? I mean, if Dexter and Blossom married, wouldn't Mimi have at least one full human half sibling?

But anyways, until proven other wise, this is what I'm gonna go with:
-Blossom's Mimi's biological mother.
-the PPG are capable of reproduction.
-Bubbles and Buttercup may have hidden families that we don't know about yet.
-Mimi was born, and not created.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree with you Havoc751

Postby MQuinny1234 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 pm

Bleed seems to have this thing with unknown or disappeared parents.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 pm

here are two ideas I've had to solve powerpuff girl sterile/fertile problem

1) the powerpuff girls started out sterile but later someone found a way to make them fertile

2) we rely on Shrodinger's cat

p.s. both ideas may be the same somehow

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 am

K13-ZAR wrote:here are two ideas I've had to solve powerpuff girl sterile/fertile problem

1) the powerpuff girls started out sterile but later someone found a way to make them fertile

2) we rely on Shrodinger's cat

p.s. both ideas may be the same somehow

I'm....not quite sure what to make of that. :unsure:

Speaking of unknown parents, wasn't Timmy Turner suspected to be Grim Jr. father?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 am

He's suggesting that the girls are both fertile and not fertile at the same time... I think. I don't deal well with quantum mechanics and ideas.

Yeah. Its that or Danny Phantom. Basically, the only evidence we have going for those is the hair style and color, which can be a genetic indicator in anime/magna.

I would have to revisit the old discussion pages on that one, but I wouldn't mind going into it again.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 am

Well if we were to rely on "Hair Style and Color" then I stand by my argument that Mimi being adopted is a possibility.

But as for Grim Jr.'s Biological father... if that even counts now because he was aborted and is now all bone- I find it would be VERY interesting if he was Dark Danny's Kid. After all, who knows if the powers are hereditary.

It would be cool to have Reaper, Nergal and Ghost powers all at the same time.

Though, using the same Argument I made for Mimi- the parentage doesn't really matter, unless of course the powers are hereditary in which case it both matters and because easier to pinpoint. If we had enough information to come to a conclusion on his parentage, I think we would have by now. But just on the safe side, with the slight possibility that the powers MAY be passed down- I don't think it's wise to think it's Dark Danny... for now.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:39 am

I really don't see any problem with Blossom being Mimi's actual, biological mother. Apart from being a little darker, Mimi does have Blossom's eyes. And lets face it red/pink eyes are not exactly common amoung the human population (well, among that part of the population that isn't albino) And her hairstlye is basically Blossom's, (long, straight, bow on the top, full bangs.) As for fertility questions, Him is a demon after all, he probably has acess to reproductive methods beyond the basic human ones. Heck I'm not even 100% sure that Mimi was concieved via intercourse (Him as I recall can turn himself vaporous, so the old Greek "intercourse via shower of gold" method(or in his case probably cloud of smoke) is probably open to him) Or even consensual in any way (assuming that Him always planned for Mimi to become Her with the attendent "all the evils of the world" bit, revealing to her that she was concieved via rape would probably be a good start.)
Likewise I tend to think that Mimi's appearance seems to lend support to the comic indicated presumption that raising Mimi has largely been left up to Dexter, Jeff, and Raven. Dexter is viewable in her clothes (when you adjust for gender, the white dress black boot ensemble she wears isn't all that dissimilar to Dexter's) Raven in her manicure.
In fact the only other viable concept I could see for Mimi's bilogical mother would be Mandy again (since she also has pink eyes), which would make the plot truly convoluted (though I will point out that 1. Mandy being the mother would be consistent with her "screw every powerful entity in the Underworld in order to create bloodlines to all thrones and 2. Mandy also wore nail polish pretty early (see Grim's flashback, and unlike raven, her's was the same color as Mimi's (really flimsy evidence I know, but I feel I need to cover all bases.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:35 am

Nothing you say is an impossibility... after all, my "theory" that Mimi is adopted is much less likely than her actually being her biological daughter. I'm not trying to take it to my grave, I would just be amiss if I didn't raise it as a possibility and provide some circumstantial evidence to loosely support it.

Other than the hair and eye colors... and the super powers.. hell, even the ability to walk- she definitely looks like Blossom. Not so much like Mandy. If we want a plot twist, please for the love of God let's avoid Mandy.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Well if we were to rely on "Hair Style and Color" then I stand by my argument that Mimi being adopted is a possibility.

Not really, but that's not the point. With Jr, its all we have to go off of. Again, I don't remember the exact debates, we'd have to go on a hunting trip for that one. A very long, and extensive hunting trip.

Birdofterror wrote:I don't think it's wise to think it's Dark Danny... for now.

Not Dark Danny, Danny Phantom. The Good one, not his evil alternate full ghost self.

Birdofterror wrote:After all, who knows if the powers are hereditary.

I do remember this part of the discussion. If Mandy did mate with a super-powered individual, then the process to transform Jr into a Skeleton and a Reaper would have removed those powers and traits so there wouldn't be a hybridization like we see now with the Nergal symbiote. Or it was done so the full reaper powers could be made manifest. Thus erasing any inherited power for the need of the Reaper.

That being said, the only thing you have to go off of is Biological resemblance (hair color, eye color, anime factors), and some personality traits.

Mon-Kitsune wrote:1. Mandy being the mother would be consistent with her "screw every powerful entity in the Underworld in order to create bloodlines to all thrones

I sincerely hope not. The only problem I find with this is that Mandy wants her children close enough that she can control them. Why would she leave a child as powerful as Mimi in a state where she would be raised by "friends" and potentially stolen by Him? When this happened, how come she didn't hunt Him down and get Mimi back?

Mon-Kitsune wrote:I really don't see any problem with Blossom being Mimi's actual, biological mother.

this. I'm not going to totally erase Bird's idea from the table, I just have a difficult time grasping the need for that.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Misery Chord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I actually had similar thoughts years ago about Grim Jr.'s biological father. I thought it might be Danny Phantom. However, I'm doubtful of this now. While it remains a possibility, it seems all the hints I thought I saw for that union were instead foreshadowing for Mandy and Dark Danny getting it on. Plus, in the now speculative non-canon future, the offspring of Dark Danny and Mandy were distinctly black-haired like Danny in human form.

Of course, I was completely wrong about the second prediction in that link.

Anyway, about Blossom and Mimi, I'm going to wager that this is Blossom's biological child, and that Mimi was conceived the old-fashioned way. I didn't want this to be the case, but it is the simplest explanation, given all the mystery that had surrounded Mimi's mother. I don't see anything that suggests the Powerpuff Girls are sterile -- the premise of both PPGD and GT is that these girls can and do grow up. Even if they happen to stop aging upon adulthood, that doesn't prevent them from developing into adults.

Now whether they are biologically compatible with normal humans is another matter, but in fiction, that a character can go through developmental changes due to aging is an indicator that they can have kids, whether it be with normal people, their own kind, or something else.

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Blood Archon wrote:
Mon-Kitsune wrote:1. Mandy being the mother would be consistent with her "screw every powerful entity in the Underworld in order to create bloodlines to all thrones

I sincerely hope not. The only problem I find with this is that Mandy wants her children close enough that she can control them. Why would she leave a child as powerful as Mimi in a state where she would be raised by "friends" and potentially stolen by Him? When this happened, how come she didn't hunt Him down and get Mimi back?

I actually have a potential answer for that. Yes Mandy likes to keep her kids close to her........EXCEPT maybe when it is actually to her ADVANTAGE to do otherwise. Mimi being Him's daughter is not in fact probably sufficient for her plans (if her plants are to take the throne) Mimi has to become Him's HEIR. If Him were to reject Mimi, any plans Mandy might have for using her to take the throne become a bit shakier (she could try and use the blood connection to stake a claim for Mimi, but it likey would be contested by whomever Him DID designate as his sucessor and a nasty sucession war would probably break out, one Mandy couldn't guratee she would win. Quite simply Mandy might not have gone to reclaim Mimi becuse she decided that Him's plan furthered her own goals (place Mimi in a position where, should Him dissapear, Mimi would be automatically designated his sucessor while parallelly placing Mimi in a position where Junior could meet her and fall for her. Mimi takes the throne, Junior marries Mimi and Mandy (who is pretty good at controlling Junior in subtle ways) basically has control of yet another underworld throne. It's a bit complicated, but to borror a Robert Jordan/Wheel of Time allusion, from what we have seen of her and (sort of) know of her, when it comes to Daes Dae'mar ; The Game of Houses Mandy has no equal.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Here is another theory/idea I have

Mimi was concieved between Blossom and Dexter but HIM altered her DNA before she was born so that she would be his daughter instead of Dexter's as well as removing any powers Mimi would have recieved from Blossom so that she could not pose a dangerous threat in case he couldn't manipulate her
Last edited by K13-ZAR on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:49 pm

If he has that kind of power, why would he even need Blossom? It seems like too much work. Not for him, for the story. Adding such a detail would take a lot of effort- just to somehow involve Dexter in something he's no longer relevant in. :unsure:

Bird oft Error

Postby PP-Grim1013 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Not if it was addressed a few posts ago, but since we see Dani and Manny(?) in Afterbirth, I don't think Junior's father is Dark Danny... Grim's not stupid enough to abort a half-ghost child (that would make them Reaper + Ghost = not a good combo).
*Castella Sky*
"Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality"
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2406 5651 2352 - Tatsuki✩[/color]

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:42 pm

Has everyone forgotten that Dark Danny wasn't released from his prison thingy until after Junior's Nergal form started to go on a rampage?

That alone should exclude him from the list of guys that could be Junior's real father

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 pm

For the last time, there are two different Dannys. Dark Danny doesn't refer to Danny Phantom.

Danny Phantom is the part human, part ghost. Dark Danny is the separated ghost half of Danny, merged with the ghost half of Vlad. The movie showed that Dark Danny came from an alternate timeline and was captured at the end by Danny, splitting the time streams.

Its NOT Dark Danny who could be the father of Jr, you all are misunderstanding this. Its Danny Phantom, the good, heroic part that could be the father.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I still think Timmy Turner is the most likely candidate for Grim Jr.'s father, genetic wise. Not just because of the brown hair, and blue eyes, or the anti-fairy god parents, but personality wise. Think about it, prior to getting his Nergal powers, he had nothing going for him. He had no powers, or talent, he was below average, and because of this he was slightly arrogant. Timmy was the same way, in the show, he always had to rely on he's fairies, in order to get ahead.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 pm

I think I leaned more towards Timmy Turner in the old days for those reasons.

Oh, I found this thanks to Misery Cord:

I found this too
When Blood Archon was Blood Knight wrote:I now Predict a massive cat fight, far off in the future between Her, and Mini. Kinda like what happened between Bell, and Blossom, but Jr interrupts, and chooses Her's side. Mini is left feeling alone, and betrayed, and during a rush of hellish emotions, Mini kills Jr in his sleep. She's found in the morning cradling his dead body, saying that she did what she had to do, to save the life of her brother.

Not relevant to exactly what we were talking about, but it does bring back memories of when I first joined.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Havoc » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:35 am

Wasn't there another theory that Olga was Mimi's mom? just thought I'd bring that up.

Once we're done with Grim Tales:FO what will come next? Although I don't think we're done here, I think there's still a lot of back story to be told, and a lot of questions to be answered.

@Blood Archon: You use to be Blood Knight? If you get promoted to Administrator, what's next, will you become Blood God or something?
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:01 am

Havoc751 wrote:@Blood Archon: You use to be Blood Knight? If you get promoted to Administrator, what's next, will you become Blood God or something?
Blood CARRIER HAS ARRIVED.
Havoc751 wrote:Wasn't there another theory that Olga was Mimi's mom? just thought I'd bring that up.
Earlier in the story she looked just like the Powerpuff Girls, which could explain why she looks like Blossom when she grows up. Her hair is the same color and the hair styles could also match, as could her pupils.

Yet it also seems too obvious to be true, you know? Even though... going back on my original theory it could be true. It would explain her lack of superpowers even though it's been proven that 'some' superpowers ARE hereditary. Olga has a kid, with who? Who knows- it could also be Him for all we know- Olga either dies or vanishes, leaving Mimi with Blossom.

Bird oft Error

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 pm

ok now I'm lost who's parentage are we talking about now Junior's or Mimi's :unsure:

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:32 pm

Havoc751 wrote:@Blood Archon: You use to be Blood Knight?

Yeah. Then like seven months after I joined, I became Blood Lord. So it didn't come with the Gold club. Blood Archon was BR's idea when I shifted by avatar to match the blue moderator tag.

Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:@Blood Archon: You use to be Blood Knight? If you get promoted to Administrator, what's next, will you become Blood God or something?
Blood CARRIER HAS ARRIVED.

Haha. I like the idea of both, I doubt I'd ever be a admin though. Probably something like Blood King.

Havoc751 wrote:Wasn't there another theory that Olga was Mimi's mom? just thought I'd bring that up.

Yes. That one was popular for a while too, I think. It was the one that counteracted the Raven theory for a while. The power thing was the one item we couldn't fully explain, unless there was a direct biological link to Him.

And Bird, I hate to ruin your party, but Grids did say that Mimi was Him's biological daughter. Now you could argue what her "demonic symbiote" does to her, and if that is what it means by being biologically related. Still, why Mimi then, why refer to the three of them as a family, and where would she of gotten her telekinetic powers?

Havoc751 wrote:Once we're done with Grim Tales:FO what will come next? Although I don't think we're done here, I think there's still a lot of back story to be told, and a lot of questions to be answered.

There is some more on Mimi that I would like to see, but I am also deeply interested in the personal affairs and interactions/relationships in the Grim Family. I would like to see before the incident and after it, such as what changed, if any. Most of this fascination comes from this fan picture: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/ ... hyamei.jpg

I know its a fan picture, but there is some evidence in the comic that points at this possibility. I would just like to see some normalcy in that family.

K13-ZAR wrote:ok now I'm lost who's parentage are we talking about now Junior's or Mimi's :unsure:

We jumped to Mimi's. Its going back and forth.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)