New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Ouch. That's some pain.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Re: New GT "Devil May Cry" March 1st 2013

Postby Mir@k » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Nice claws do they sell them at fisher price or the nearest cotsco?
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Costco. No way you could get such quality from Fisher Price.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Numa430 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Mimi is crying due to the fact that she remember the promise that Raven made for her to reseve.
I always love this kind of moment, and with it will show how much it means to her.
Under the bed

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Damn that's sad. :'(

I hope the flashbacks aren't over just yet. There's still so many unanswered questions.

By the way, I love the title for this page. It's clever, yet fitting.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:04 am

this page is so heartbreaking. :'(

But how is Mimi going to get the pendent to stay on her head with out the chain?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:14 am

K13-ZAR wrote:But how is Mimi going to get the pendent to stay on her head with out the chain?
I kind of had the hunch that she was going to jam it into her forehead.

If she can't get it to stick, maybe Jeff can help her with it.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:33 am

If this is bad, I wonder how the memory of her killing Blossom is going to be.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:41 am

Blood Archon wrote:If this is bad, I wonder how the memory of her killing Blossom is going to be.

I wasn't under the impression that she had forgotten. I think she has had to live with that since her Transformation into "Her." Other side memories were maybe buried, but I think Him wants her to remember her killing her own mother.

After all, he has a picture of the action hanging in his office, as if it brought back warm nostalgic memories.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:47 am

Blood Archon wrote:If this is bad, I wonder how the memory of her killing Blossom is going to be.

I wonder if that will come later on down the line, when/if Mimi finally snaps and kills Him.

I have to say, some of that shit Hudson was describing, I really hope we'll be spared the sight of that. :unsure:
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:53 am

Havoc751 wrote:I wonder if that will come later on down the line, when/if Mimi finally snaps and kills Him.
Hmmmmmmmmmm... Her killing Him? Interesting. From a standstill, I don't think she stands a chance.

She would need friends. Quite possibly an army, but the possibility isn't far flung, especially now that her demon powers are being repressed.

Bird oft Error

Postby Wulfespinndel » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 am

Well guys, there goes Sparda's Power clawed into pieces.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:13 am

How does she do anything at all with bulky, hollow, claws.
Never anger a magician

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:40 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Havoc751 wrote:I wonder if that will come later on down the line, when/if Mimi finally snaps and kills Him.
Hmmmmmmmmmm... Her killing Him? Interesting. From a standstill, I don't think she stands a chance.

She would need friends. Quite possibly an army, but the possibility isn't far flung, especially now that her demon powers are being repressed.

I'd wager such a battle would come years later. An entire city of superheroes failed to stop him.

Spartan117 wrote:How does she do anything at all with bulky, hollow, claws.

This is the best question I've heard all day. Quite the reality check, imho.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Mir@k » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am

And that's where we should leave it, at "reality check", because if we're walking down that line, then we should first question why she has a tail if in real life humans don't have a tail, how can she open two prosthetic claws using her stumps, and why jeff shouldn't exist because in this world there are no giant, sapient spiders that know human language.

In any case, i don't see any action performed by her in this page that can't be justified with the use of the tip of the claws. I can see myself doing everything she did here if somehow i could open and close a pair of fisher price claws bought at cotsco using the tips cuz they permit for a more accurate handling of things. The serrated parts of the claw could (with lots of practice) be used as opposable thumbs, albeit hard, fixed, and probably sharp ones.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Mir@k wrote:And that's where we should leave it, at "reality check", because if we're walking down that line, then we should first question why she has a tail if in real life humans don't have a tail, how can she open two prosthetic claws using her stumps, and why jeff shouldn't exist because in this world there are no giant, sapient spiders that know human language.

In any case, i don't see any action performed by her in this page that can't be justified with the use of the tip of the claws. I can see myself doing everything she did here if somehow i could open and close a pair of fisher price claws bought at cotsco using the tips cuz they permit for a more accurate handling of things. The serrated parts of the claw could (with lots of practice) be used as opposable thumbs, albeit hard, fixed, and probably sharp ones.

1. Well, some people have rudimentary tails. It's an abnomality, but it does exist
2. Actually since we've never seen her stumps without the bandages, there could be a way. I rememer seeing something on a Ripley's Believe it or Not show about a surgeon who had a patient who had lost his hands in an accident and couldn't afford full prosthetics. He divided the patient's radii and ulnas (i.e. the two bones that make up the front of the arm) and attached the remaining muscles and skin in such a manner that, when the arms healed, the person could (with practice) use the bones as a pair of "fingers". If him did something sort of along those lines Mimi coul have one bone running into the upper claw and the other into the lower, which is all that she'd really need to open an close them.
3. Actually in the real world Giant spiders like that CAN'T exist. Even assiming Jeff is one of those species that has book lungs (some spiders don't have lungs of any sort) , spiders can't really "breathe" in the way we can (they can't actively take air into thier bodies and expel it) air has to sort of "flow" into them passively through thier spiracles, and that really doesn't work above a certain size. For our current atmosphere that max size is about 12 inches (the african golaith beetle is that big) but no more. (bigger insects and other arthropods existed in earlier epochs like the Carboniferous, but the Earth's oxygen levels were a lot higher then.) A spider the size of Jeff would suffocate.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm not questioning biology as much as physics. Having claws for hands is rather confusing how mimi could grasp on to anything the size of a chakra gem.
Never anger a magician

Postby Unlimited » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

I wonder if Mimi will perform a heart-rending scream in which it will echo far and wide in the next page? 'Cause that would be da bomb!
Memento mori

Postby Bandit » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:42 pm

I'm starting to doubt the "Blossom is Mimi's mother" theory. There is no confirmation that Mimi is Blossom's child, moreover, while it's true that Mimi was shouting "Ma" when Blossom showed up to rescue her, such evidence is unreliable.

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:26 am

Bandit wrote:I'm starting to doubt the "Blossom is Mimi's mother" theory. There is no confirmation that Mimi is Blossom's child, moreover, while it's true that Mimi was shouting "Ma" when Blossom showed up to rescue her, such evidence is unreliable.

they said Blossom was Mimi's mother earlier in the comic if you were paying attention you would know that
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:54 am

It sure as heck isn't Raven, that was shot down in the comic: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=177

Blossom is correctly identified as the mother here: http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=180
and here (hinted): http://grim.snafu-comics.com/index.php?comic_id=184

Of course, it also depends on what you consider a "mother" to be. If Blossom was out all the time on assignment, then Mimi might have looked up to Raven more as a mother, but considering the way Mimi reacted during and after the first flashback in WHAM, I would personally disregard that theory and consider Raven to be a very close friend. What we need is to see more interaction between Blossom and Mimi to form a more solid idea, but so far I'm going with the last idea that I proposed.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:43 am

I just had a crazy idea. What if, yes, Blossom is the mother, but it isn't biological?

What if she simply adopted her? Or something even crazier in the past, like inheriting the child of a dead friend? Or something we simply don't know yet? Or something insane, like she was created artificially?

Because they certainly don't look alike and Blossom's dominant genes don't seem apparent with Mimi, that's for sure- and she CERTAINLY doesn't look like Him...

The classifications for being "Mother" in no way require birth-rites.

If there is solid evidence disproving this because I jumped too quickly to this theory, I apologize, but as of right now I think it's a possibility.

Bird oft Error

Postby Guardian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:22 am

Possible, I don't know where the picture is at, but if you compare grown up Blossom with grown up Mimi in Afterbirth, they look exactly the same.

I'm betting on it being Blossom, because another plot twist like that would just be unnecessary.

Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm

Birdofterror wrote:Hmmmmmmmmmm... Her killing Him? Interesting. From a standstill, I don't think she stands a chance.

The reason I say that, is because in AfterBirth, Him is nowhere to be found, so she might have killed him. And although AfterBirth has been scrapped, and is no longer considered cannon, the idea might still be on the table.

Blood Archon wrote:Possible, I don't know where the picture is at, but if you compare grown up Blossom with grown up Mimi in Afterbirth, they look exactly the same.

I'm betting on it being Blossom, because another plot twist like that would just be unnecessary.

I'm 70% convened that Blossom's the really mother. As far as Mimi being artificially created like the PPG or RRB; it is a possibility, but there's something Him said a while back that makes me think otherwise. But if Blossom isn't the real mother, than who is it?

Anyways, where will this story will go from here? I'm hoping will get some insight on how Megaville/the world fell, and what happened to some of the other heroes. Maybe it'll go back to Him and Hudson having a conversation, and Him will give some details.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Havoc751 wrote:But if Blossom isn't the real mother, than who is it?
For the sake of the theory, that doesn't really matter. If she were alive, she would probably be more involved. If there was an original birth mother, she was no longer relevant by the time Him commenced his attack on Earth, as Blossom at that time was known as "Mom." Thus, if there was a birth mother, she would be more than likely dead far before the attack on Megaville... if Blossom isn't the actual mother.
Blood Archon wrote:I'm betting on it being Blossom, because another plot twist like that would just be unnecessary.
Would it really be that much of a plot twist? I mean... who's to say the Powerpuff Girls are even fertile? They technically aren't even human...

I mean, neither is Him... but you know. :unsure:

Bird oft Error

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)