My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Grieffon » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Not much news from Unicon other than it being a complete disaster, but we did get the info about the S4 opener I posted earlier, and this

Favorite episodes:
"A Dog and Pony Show" for Tabitha, as well as that episode where Fluttershy and the dragon trade places.

Tabitha hinter at an episode where Fluttershy becomes a dragon before, but since nothing happened it was considered a joke. Now she mentioned it again, maybe it just wasn't put into S3.

Postby Dibullba » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 am

Grieffon wrote:Not much news from Unicon other than it being a complete disaster, but we did get the info about the S4 opener I posted earlier, and this

Favorite episodes:
"A Dog and Pony Show" for Tabitha, as well as that episode where Fluttershy and the dragon trade places.

Tabitha hinter at an episode where Fluttershy becomes a dragon before, but since nothing happened it was considered a joke. Now she mentioned it again, maybe it just wasn't put into S3.

It was meant for S3 kind of like how Wonderbolt Acadamy was meant for S2. They moved that ep to make room for Spike at your Service as far as I know.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 pm

I hope then that the Octavia x Rarity duet was also something pushed back as well. Seeing more of her would be a treat. She's sort of been growing on me as of late.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby punzil504 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 am

Sir Soulchild wrote:I can no longer tolerate the derpy fans. They lost their creativity. And they made her a gag character.

Pieces of a Gray Cloud

Flowers for Algernon style Derpy fic. It's tagged "Sad," but the penultimate chapter goes beyond sad to Dark due to the subject matter.

Happy Derpy Day, everypony.
Still preoccupied with 1985

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:24 am

The first chapter of that... I was in tears...

Just...

Oh god.
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 am

Happy Derpy Day.

Postby True Order » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Happy Derpy Day everyone.

So let's cut to the chase. I've been trying to come up with a ponified Chicago name. Surprisingly no one has done this yet but it's admittedly a hard name to ponify.

So far all I've came up with is Moohkos but the reference is far too vague. It means hoofed animals in the Miami-Illinois Native American Language which is where the Chicago name comes from.

It's a toughie.

Just found Whinny City, not bad. Better than Moohkos but it won't be obvious to anyone who doesn't know that Windy City is Chicago's nickname.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:30 pm

Happy Derpy Day
As per the previos discussion I offer this scan for all who weren't able to get thier supply of offical Derp Day beverage in Let us all toast our Lazy Eyed Filly together. Cheers!

"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:46 pm

You see, its stuff like this that made me end the Clesetia Rant the way I did:

Regardless if you're a fan of shipping or not, this is a cute picture:
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:25 pm

True Order wrote:Happy Derpy Day everyone.

So let's cut to the chase. I've been trying to come up with a ponified Chicago name. Surprisingly no one has done this yet but it's admittedly a hard name to ponify.

So far all I've came up with is Moohkos but the reference is far too vague. It means hoofed animals in the Miami-Illinois Native American Language which is where the Chicago name comes from.

It's a toughie.

Just found Whinny City, not bad. Better than Moohkos but it won't be obvious to anyone who doesn't know that Windy City is Chicago's nickname.

I've been having a similar problem on my side. For one of my stories I need a pony version of some cities in India and it is not proving as easy as I though. The two best I have been able to come up with is Koltkata (Kolkata is the current preferred spelling for the city most of us in the west still call Calcutta) or Brumbay (a brumby is the Australian equivalent of a mustang) but after that, I just hit a wall (part of the problem of course Is that I don't know the name of a lot Indian cities.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Ganon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 am

I know it's been awhile since I've posted up in here, but I thought I'd drop in to give some CRISIS news.

The group known as Bogyle Bronies (makers of Ponie in Hats and the Know Your Mare animations) is going to be performing an audio play of CRISIS: Equestria! An ad should be going up in the next day or so in search of voice actors, artists, musicians, animators, sound editors, script editors, and more to turn my fanfic into a fantastic production.

Just thought I'd drop in and be a smug bastard. ;]
CRISIS: Equestria (Chapters 1-33)
Current Work-in-Progress: CRISIS: Equestria - Chapter 34/35 - Status - 34: 99% done; 35 - 33% Done
Revision Progress: Chapter 16 - NOT YET STARTED
Author

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 am

OMG, GANON! GANON, IT CAN'T BE! WHAT GLORIOUS NEWS THIS IS!
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 am

Ganon wrote:I know it's been awhile since I've posted up in here, but I thought I'd drop in to give some CRISIS news.

The group known as Bogyle Bronies (makers of Ponie in Hats and the Know Your Mare animations) is going to be performing an audio play of CRISIS: Equestria! An ad should be going up in the next day or so in search of voice actors, artists, musicians, animators, sound editors, script editors, and more to turn my fanfic into a fantastic production.

Just thought I'd drop in and be a smug bastard. ;]

That sounds big. Looking forward to it.

Crazy news:

First, the bad news: We’ve tried a few different ways of talking to Hasbro about getting special permission to continue the game, but it seems that is officially a dead end, and it's time for us to move on.

The good news is that the game is not dead!

Some even gooder news is that we have a new member in the Mane6 family...

We’d like you all to warmly welcome Lauren Faust to the team

Though I'm not sure this would get attention anymore, with it no longer being MLP related. Hopefully there will be a pony mod somewhere...

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:56 am

Don't care. Lauren Faust is working on it with them. This is even bigger news.

I r excite now for both this and Ganon's sudden announcement.
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:08 am

I heard the news. Mane6 has Lauren Faust in the team?

I'm just curious. Why would Lauren Faust join up with the Mane6 to make a game? Then there's a hunch.

Galaxy Girls.

This is pretty much a good kickstarter for Faust if she wanted Galaxy Girls to fly. This opportunity is just too perfect.

Galaxy Girls: Guardians of the Galaxy (still working on the title)

I can see it now...

I likes Milky Way :)
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby J-Dude » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Okay, so this entire Equestria Girls thing can officially go fuck itself...

I mean, great galloping Gilda, those designs are UGLY. I about take back whatever I said about the previous designs, because at least they didn't look like THIS.

The features are too sharp and Barbie-Doll looking. The ears make them look ridiculous. The pegasi/alicorns get wings, but the unicorns don't get horns...

This was a step in the EXACT wrong direction, making them LESS human and trying to furrify them with pony-ish features.

It's about impossible to say with a straight-face that the story has ANY chance of being the M6 disguising themselves in order to have human adventures in secret, because the blatant inhumanity of the designs gives that away. So unless they're insulting our intelligence, it's just going to be a stupid humanverse. Or rather, anthro-furry-verse.

God, this is gonna SUCK, it hurts to look at. Hasbro finally succeeded at taking FIM's well balanced color scheme and character designs, do something else with them and make them look harsh and gaudy beyond belief, trying to make them look as friggin "girly" as possible.

I WEEP if FIM's studio wasted ANY of their time and talent on this.
Harry intentionally used the occlumantic link to see Voldemort's thoughts. He was flicking lit matches at Lucius Malfoy.
"Your pain bores me," said Darth Nonose. "Go fetch Severus. I have some death for him."
Wazit_Blade: "Gah! J-Dude just invaded the thread!"

Postby Grieffon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:I heard the news. Mane6 has Lauren Faust in the team?

I'm just curious. Why would Lauren Faust join up with the Mane6 to make a game? Then there's a hunch.

Galaxy Girls.

Nope. The mane6 team stated that they are keeping it 4-legged, with the same moves and mechanics, otherwise they would have to start from scratch.

That design already made a really, really bad impression. Half anthro with ridiculously long ponytail is just bad.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh, really? So it's technically, what Ice Frog did for DOTA 2?

K, I was really rooting for the Galaxy girls thing though....

@Comic: Bratz make up! Oh shi-- Is that how the toys gonna look like?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Okay, where have I heard that music in the Clesetia video from... I know I heard it somewhere before, but I'm having a massive brain fart.

As for the Equestria Girls designs:
Okay, J-dude, I count you as a buddy even though we rarely agree on anything, but in this case I totally agree with how bad those character designs are. They are just... terrible. Dash and AJ are the hardest to look at for me. I had a feeling that this whole thing was going to turn out bad, but dang are those designs just... awful.

As someone who enjoys the process that goes into character designing I really don't like this. There are a boat load of people on deviantart who can do a waaaay better job at humanizing ponies than that.
I'm definitely on the side that those anthro looks are awful.

One of the worst parts of this is that the ponies all had these rounded features while the anthros are all pointy looking so they've went in a completely different (bad) direction, negated the over all look and feel of the character's these anthro's are based off of and its very hard for me to look at.
I won't just flat out say something is terrible often, but this is one of those times.

... FINAL FANTASY VII!
That's were that music is from!
Man, that was bugging the crap out of me.

And its good to see that Mane6 still gets to make their game. Now I'm a little more interested to see what the new characters are going to look like.
Chad form Screwattack's idea of them changing it to "Puppy Fighter" is kind of funny, but part of me wants to see them make a game about four legged cute monsters fighting each other. But that's just because I like drawing monsters a lot.

Lauren Faust to the mother bucking rescue!
Bark

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:18 pm

As far as my opinion goes, please ignore that tacky concept. There is no way in tartarus Lauren would design something like that.

Whoever did this probably worked on Bratz and overdid it. So girls of this thread... what do you think?
Not-an-animator

Postby Grieffon » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 am

Kusang_Manalo wrote:As far as my opinion goes, please ignore that tacky concept. There is no way in tartarus Lauren would design something like that.

Whoever did this probably worked on Bratz and overdid it. So girls of this thread... what do you think?

About that, from what I know, none of the MLP staff works on Equestria Girls. The spinoff will start in spring, and M.A. Larson confirmed that he doesn't know anything about it. It will unlikely to affect FiM's production, which is good. On the other hand, without the FiM crew, the quality of EG may be questionable.

I saw someone made this edit:

The main problem is definitely the chin.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:14 am

Certainly for not our demographic. I'll laugh my ass if any guy complains about this BUT still buys it.

Or a facepalm might suffice.
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:13 am

Grieffon wrote:

Darn. Was hoping I'd have a little more time before someone found that and post it. But yes, this was really cute.

Also, I saw the art yesterday... Seriously... Who is working on this show's art? I want to know so I can slap them. And it's funny how a fan of the series could do a better job than a full fledged professional in the field did.
An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 am

Ouch. Tough crowd.

This is just concept art. More likely than not, it's not as bad as you see it right now.

Can someone ask Hasbro to throw a teaser already?
Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:30 am

Oh thank god. "Concept art"... Phew. For a sec I thought they were actually full hardy on using that.

An Optimist

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)