Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Guardian » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:55 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:And Blood Archon, maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints. Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts? Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so? Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong? Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do? Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you? And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?


Oh dear God. No, I was never suggesting any of those things, nor was it the intent for my post to be taken in such a negative light, and I'm sorry that it has. Let me explain, and for you and those that have formed a similar opinion in light of this develop, I am not posting in a condescending manner, nor with hostile intentions, meanings or to degrade my reader. This is me simply explaining here. I also thought about this all day.

A huge issue with online forums is telling a person's mood or the emotional/intentions of a post. Have you ever considered if a person was kidding around or being serious? Sure we have tools in the form of icons, 1337 speak, and chatspeak to help us. But overall it is difficult to initially tell the emotions and mannerisms of people we meet on the internet without knowing them first. We have a tendency to "project" emotions and intentions on posts we read from past history. This is a perfect example, you don't know me. You don't know how I act as a mod, you do not know how I am as a poster, in fact only a few of you know me and can tell my mannerisms apart from each other, aka when I am mad, bossy, happy, polite, etc. From your reaction I can deduce a couple things. First, there is a likely chance that you ran into a moderator or a person in authority who abused their power and are projecting that onto me. Hence your rant about me "telling you want to do, and demanding people bow before me because I am a moderator." I said nor hinted to anything you are accusing me of doing. Second, it is very possible that you are having a bad day and/or week and took what I said in a negative light. Happens to everyone.

CrimsonRaine wrote:maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints

I admit, I did use the word "spoiler" a little strong here. We are not told what is going to happen in the next page (that hasn't happened since Seir was banned). Spoiler would be like a group of us discussing something, and BR (the writer of PpGD and the administrator of the site) coming in to say "nope" and leaving behind some thickly veiled hint at what the bomb does, and how it is still new to science fiction.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts?

Yes. Nowhere did I say otherwise.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so?

I never commanded or said for discussion to stop.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong?

I never hinted or directed to that.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do?

1: No rules are being broken.
2: I have no displeasure over any actions here, save yours for your wild and inaccurate accusations of my conduct.
3: I am not abusing my power.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you?

I have no intention of banning anyone, and I am going to assume you meant "Bowing". Furthermore, I have no intention nor desire for that type of conduct, and would in fact ban a moderator for attempting that (if that is possible).

CrimsonRaine wrote: And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?

Technically, no. No sane creator would ban the discussion of their comics (neither am I preventing you from posting your own). The other part is Bleedman never comes to do that, so the writer who is the actual administrator for the site, encourages it as does his moderators.

Any other complaints about me? If so, send me a private message about it by using the PM icon and we can discuss it.


Now, still maintaining what I said above, let me explain my purpose and what I do. I joined years before most of you in an age where there was no News Section. Let me re-clarify this in bold letters so understand can be achieved. THIS IS NOT THE FULL SITE OF SNAFU. THIS IS THE NEWS SECTION. THERE ARE DEEPER SECTIONS IF YOU CLICK ON THE "BOARD INDEX" BUTTON". In this age, I was raised among great thinkers, such as QU, SkulFetish, Fenrisulfr, and Ryley. These individuals offered and created valuable insights, opinions, discussions, theories, and ideas about the updates. It was a golden age when thread pages numbered into the 30's and 40's with posts as long as this. We were very opinionated and discussed using facts. We came at each other a lot, but in friendly manners.

Now I am a very direct person. I am also confident in myself and my abilities. That has a tendency for people to mistake me for being arrogant, abusive, and hostile. Plus I have a colorful history on this site, which doesn't help too much.

IF we ever have conflicting opinions on something, OF COURSE I'm going to go after it, BUT if ANY of you have an opinion against mine, I WANT YOU TO COME AFTER ME WITH PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES to prove me wrong and you right. This is how I was raised on this site. I want you to discuss it, show me where I am wrong. Who knows, maybe someone will get lucky and actually prove me wrong on something, or catch something I missed. It stimulates discussion. What is unfair though, is I have tips and hints from BR that have been explained to the general public, which you guys do not have. Thus when questions come up about them or comments, I shoot them down with the ammo that the writer of the comic gave out.

WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO:
Tuor wrote:Blood is merely suggesting getting more involved with the forums and integrating into the community a bit more

This is what I am trying to imply, and what I am trying to do as a moderator. If you left this section and ventured into the others, you would see that as well.

I love this site. The comics are entertaining, I have made great friends, the community is great and there are tons of things to do. I really want to see you guys break out of this shell like I did with the Bleedman forum, and experience everything that I have gotten to so far. I want this more than anything else. I know a lot of you are perhaps nervous, apprehensive, or scared about doing so. Maybe about being judged, or looking stupid. But that is totally fine, because you wont. People will correct you on a few things, but that is just to help you. Remember that their day might not have been the best either, so their might be some hostility, but it isn't because of you or meant for you.

IF ANYONE EVER, EVER HAS A CONCERN OR A QUESTION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT IT. I LOVE TO HELP PEOPLE, just not animals. (that small part is sarcasm, btw, and my attempt to be funny)

Tuor wrote: No one is threatening you.

I want everyone to know, especially you Crimson, that I do not mean to threaten or act hostile in anyway. If you have taken it that way, please forgive me, I am sorry.

I also don't threaten you if there is fighting or rule breaking under my watch. I make promises.

Tuor wrote:Blood is doing this because he thinks it would benefit you.

A thousand times, yes.

There is so much more discussion and enlightenment on the comics in the main section. I urge everyone, like I have been doing for YEARS, to go look in the main section at least.

This is my favorite thread in there, because all we do is discuss what could happen in the comics. Its a ton of fun: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7644



TL;DR? IN SHORT, I AM SORRY YOU HAVE BEEN OFFENDED BY ANY OF MY ACTIONS, RECENT, PAST, OR FUTURE, BUT THAT IS NEVER MY INTENTION.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby rac7d » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Blood when did you get promoted to moderator?

I think blossom laser vision looks to similar to her kamehameha wave now
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Sigment » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:28 am

I can't believe I'm the first one to do this...

I know it's her eyes, not her mouth, but I did this anyway.
"Stick around... I'm full of bad ideas." -Isaac Clarke
"You've chosen your Answer. Now see it through." -Serene Haze
Gizmo - You're always awesome Sig. DON'T 4get that.

Check out my literary comic: Kurosai Chronicles!
The Resident Smartass
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2868
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 am
Location: Do you really care?
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Blazearmoru » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 am

And Blossom has become Emiya Kiritsugu. *-*
offline
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 am

Who would replace Gir?
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrimsonRaine » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 am

Blood Archon wrote:I am going to explain this, and a lot of you could become confused. If you would just make the effort to move out of the New Section and into the main forum, you will be able to grasp these concepts, ideas, and explanations easier since the editors have a tendency to reveal some spoilers and hints in the main section. That however depends on your involvement with the community.

Basically, get out of here, and post in the real forum.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.

I do want this false and preconcived notion that Bell is spoiled explained to me. Because the exact same thing can be said about the girls.

nightarix wrote:i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)

I am going to start PMing people about this.

GT and PpGD are NOT connected in this manner. They are two separate universes and the division happened a really, really long time ago. Think of the Butterfly effect.

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.

Not really. We have seen that Blossom replied earlier, and he focus hasn't been lost. All of that action lead up to this point of neutralizing Bell to have the ability to fire the shot. That point has succeed. So any acknowledgement of emotional content wouldn't screw up her shot. I would also like to point out that never has the acknowledgement of emotions ever disrupted a fight, but only when you succumb to them or are physically distracted. For example if Bell was able to kick Blossom in the chin before she discharged her laser.

The bomb going off by her laser impact has been proven incorrect by the writer of PpGD. It is more likely that it impacting Gir into the bomb is possible, or an interference from Buttercup and Sam would set it off.

I AGAIN encourage all of you to visit the site more frequently, and explore the deep er sections, such as the Bleed Section, where we go in-depth about the comics and the occasional spoiler.hint is given. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message by hitting the PM icon on my post.


Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending. And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something? And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out. In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do. If you want us to use the main forums say something like 'check out the main forums for hints and in depth discussions' or something that doesn't sound like a very very strong suggestion. It doesn't come off so demanding or condescending. And kowtowing is a form of bowing down, it's a Chinese tradition for showing respect. Guess it's not as well known outside of the Asian culture.
Image
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: Classified
Gender: Female

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 am

CrimsonRaine wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:I am going to explain this, and a lot of you could become confused. If you would just make the effort to move out of the New Section and into the main forum, you will be able to grasp these concepts, ideas, and explanations easier since the editors have a tendency to reveal some spoilers and hints in the main section. That however depends on your involvement with the community.

Basically, get out of here, and post in the real forum.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.

I do want this false and preconcived notion that Bell is spoiled explained to me. Because the exact same thing can be said about the girls.

nightarix wrote:i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)

I am going to start PMing people about this.

GT and PpGD are NOT connected in this manner. They are two separate universes and the division happened a really, really long time ago. Think of the Butterfly effect.

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.

Not really. We have seen that Blossom replied earlier, and he focus hasn't been lost. All of that action lead up to this point of neutralizing Bell to have the ability to fire the shot. That point has succeed. So any acknowledgement of emotional content wouldn't screw up her shot. I would also like to point out that never has the acknowledgement of emotions ever disrupted a fight, but only when you succumb to them or are physically distracted. For example if Bell was able to kick Blossom in the chin before she discharged her laser.

The bomb going off by her laser impact has been proven incorrect by the writer of PpGD. It is more likely that it impacting Gir into the bomb is possible, or an interference from Buttercup and Sam would set it off.

I AGAIN encourage all of you to visit the site more frequently, and explore the deep er sections, such as the Bleed Section, where we go in-depth about the comics and the occasional spoiler.hint is given. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message by hitting the PM icon on my post.


Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending. And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something? And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out. In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do. If you want us to use the main forums say something like 'check out the main forums for hints and in depth discussions' or something that doesn't sound like a very very strong suggestion. It doesn't come off so demanding or condescending. And kowtowing is a form of bowing down, it's a Chinese tradition for greeting the Emperor. I guess it's not well known outside of Asian culture.


still love you but just want to point out that he did apologize so there's no reason to continue "this" thread of responses. just let it go and lets move on to something better.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrimsonRaine » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:I am going to explain this, and a lot of you could become confused. If you would just make the effort to move out of the New Section and into the main forum, you will be able to grasp these concepts, ideas, and explanations easier since the editors have a tendency to reveal some spoilers and hints in the main section. That however depends on your involvement with the community.

Basically, get out of here, and post in the real forum.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.

I do want this false and preconcived notion that Bell is spoiled explained to me. Because the exact same thing can be said about the girls.

nightarix wrote:i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)

I am going to start PMing people about this.

GT and PpGD are NOT connected in this manner. They are two separate universes and the division happened a really, really long time ago. Think of the Butterfly effect.

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.

Not really. We have seen that Blossom replied earlier, and he focus hasn't been lost. All of that action lead up to this point of neutralizing Bell to have the ability to fire the shot. That point has succeed. So any acknowledgement of emotional content wouldn't screw up her shot. I would also like to point out that never has the acknowledgement of emotions ever disrupted a fight, but only when you succumb to them or are physically distracted. For example if Bell was able to kick Blossom in the chin before she discharged her laser.

The bomb going off by her laser impact has been proven incorrect by the writer of PpGD. It is more likely that it impacting Gir into the bomb is possible, or an interference from Buttercup and Sam would set it off.

I AGAIN encourage all of you to visit the site more frequently, and explore the deep er sections, such as the Bleed Section, where we go in-depth about the comics and the occasional spoiler.hint is given. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message by hitting the PM icon on my post.


Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending. And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something? And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out. In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do. If you want us to use the main forums say something like 'check out the main forums for hints and in depth discussions' or something that doesn't sound like a very very strong suggestion. It doesn't come off so demanding or condescending. And kowtowing is a form of bowing down, it's a Chinese tradition for greeting the Emperor. I guess it's not well known outside of Asian culture.


still love you but just want to point out that he did apologize so there's no reason to continue "this" thread of responses. just let it go and lets move on to something better.


I'm not ungrateful for an apology, I'm simply pointing out where my original thoughts came from. An explanation of why I said what I said makes things clearer instead of making it seem I'm creating an attack out of nowhere. I should at least let others know where I'm coming from so there's no confusion.
Image
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: Classified
Gender: Female

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 am

CrimsonRaine wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:I am going to explain this, and a lot of you could become confused. If you would just make the effort to move out of the New Section and into the main forum, you will be able to grasp these concepts, ideas, and explanations easier since the editors have a tendency to reveal some spoilers and hints in the main section. That however depends on your involvement with the community.

Basically, get out of here, and post in the real forum.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.

I do want this false and preconcived notion that Bell is spoiled explained to me. Because the exact same thing can be said about the girls.

nightarix wrote:i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)

I am going to start PMing people about this.

GT and PpGD are NOT connected in this manner. They are two separate universes and the division happened a really, really long time ago. Think of the Butterfly effect.

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.

Not really. We have seen that Blossom replied earlier, and he focus hasn't been lost. All of that action lead up to this point of neutralizing Bell to have the ability to fire the shot. That point has succeed. So any acknowledgement of emotional content wouldn't screw up her shot. I would also like to point out that never has the acknowledgement of emotions ever disrupted a fight, but only when you succumb to them or are physically distracted. For example if Bell was able to kick Blossom in the chin before she discharged her laser.

The bomb going off by her laser impact has been proven incorrect by the writer of PpGD. It is more likely that it impacting Gir into the bomb is possible, or an interference from Buttercup and Sam would set it off.

I AGAIN encourage all of you to visit the site more frequently, and explore the deep er sections, such as the Bleed Section, where we go in-depth about the comics and the occasional spoiler.hint is given. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message by hitting the PM icon on my post.


Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending. And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something? And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out. In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do. If you want us to use the main forums say something like 'check out the main forums for hints and in depth discussions' or something that doesn't sound like a very very strong suggestion. It doesn't come off so demanding or condescending. And kowtowing is a form of bowing down, it's a Chinese tradition for greeting the Emperor. I guess it's not well known outside of Asian culture.


still love you but just want to point out that he did apologize so there's no reason to continue "this" thread of responses. just let it go and lets move on to something better.


I'm not ungrateful for an apology, I'm simply pointing out where my original thoughts came from. An explanation of why I said what I said makes things clearer instead of making it seem I'm creating an attack out of nowhere. I should at least let others know where I'm coming from so there's no confusion.


sweet and now we know *queue the more you know theme* so on another topic are you seeing anyone ;P
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Drago2552 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Watch i have a feeling Gir is going to dodge it.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:52 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrimsonRaine » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:sweet and now we know *queue the more you know theme* so on another topic are you seeing anyone ;P


Uh...look, the bat signal! *Runs away*
Image
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: Classified
Gender: Female

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:still love you but just want to point out that he did apologize so there's no reason to continue "this" thread of responses. just let it go and lets move on to something better.

Nope. I am not backing down from this, I will continue until my point has been proven and attacks cease. If not here, there will be by PM. I am being unfairly attacked, and will defuse this.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending.

I said "could" not "would", or "will".

CrimsonRaine wrote:And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something?

It means that you are active and participating members, and yes. It is a general view that if you stick to the comic forums only, you are not involved in the activities and functions of the community. Its like showing up to a party and staying in the corner. Sure, you were at the party and by all means are welcomed there and welcome to stay in the corner, but to be involved in the party means you were going around, talking and being social. No one is going to judge you for it, but that doesn't stop people from trying to invite you either. My direct mannerisms in inviting people to come to the rest of the site is like telling someone "Hey, come join the rest of the party."

CrimsonRaine wrote: And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out.

If they are incorrect assumptions, then yeah. I want you guys to have the right info. Come to the main one, we discuss about this a lot. If you don't want to come, then fine. But that isn't going to stop me from inviting people there.

CrimsonRaine wrote: In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do.

No its not, and its not what I was doing. When I have posted with information from the main section in the past, it has brought up confusion. My reasoning for state this is that there is a good chance that confusion of where I am coming from can occur, such as you have, thinking that it is my own opinions that I am forcing when in reality, I was relaying previously given information.

So I thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey, some of you might get confused, I got my stuff from the main section, come join us and you can have a clearer picture".

Also, the idea that I am acting all mighty and god like as a result of my mod powers, is false. I have always acted like this. Its key that when you become mod, that you can't have a on-line personality change. You can't let the powers influence you, because you were chosen for the way that you act.


Now, I tried to open a communication line with you by PM. As a moderator, I ask you to continue to do so on this topic so the thread can stay on track.

EDIT: I also want to add a note that will end this, we were both at fault. You took what I said way too damn fair, and I had a couple of poor choices of words. Therefore, we were both right and wrong. Agreed?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Blood Archon wrote:
CrusaderRyuoki wrote:still love you but just want to point out that he did apologize so there's no reason to continue "this" thread of responses. just let it go and lets move on to something better.

Nope. I am not backing down from this, I will continue until my point has been proven and attacks cease. If not here, there will be by PM. I am being unfairly attacked, and will defuse this.

CrimsonRaine wrote:Not condescending? Saying we will become 'confused' because of your words is pretty condescending.

I said "could" not "would", or "will".

CrimsonRaine wrote:And what does 'involvement in the community' mean? That if we stick to comic forums we're not involved enough or something?

It means that you are active and participating members, and yes. It is a general view that if you stick to the comic forums only, you are not involved in the activities and functions of the community. Its like showing up to a party and staying in the corner. Sure, you were at the party and by all means are welcomed there and welcome to stay in the corner, but to be involved in the party means you were going around, talking and being social. No one is going to judge you for it, but that doesn't stop people from trying to invite you either. My direct mannerisms in inviting people to come to the rest of the site is like telling someone "Hey, come join the rest of the party."

CrimsonRaine wrote: And stating twice there would be spoilers and hints means 'spoilers' isn't too strong a word because it makes it sound like you want us to stop coming up with these ideas and go to the main forum so we can figure it out.

If they are incorrect assumptions, then yeah. I want you guys to have the right info. Come to the main one, we discuss about this a lot. If you don't want to come, then fine. But that isn't going to stop me from inviting people there.

CrimsonRaine wrote: In short 'get out and post in a real forum' as a summary to your message that we may be 'confused' by is pretty much telling us what to do. The way you use your words makes it sound like you're boss, which I suppose a mod is in a sense, but it's not fair to come in here and tell people what to do.

No its not, and its not what I was doing. When I have posted with information from the main section in the past, it has brought up confusion. My reasoning for state this is that there is a good chance that confusion of where I am coming from can occur, such as you have, thinking that it is my own opinions that I am forcing when in reality, I was relaying previously given information.

So I thought it would be a good idea to say "Hey, some of you might get confused, I got my stuff from the main section, come join us and you can have a clearer picture".

Also, the idea that I am acting all mighty and god like as a result of my mod powers, is false. I have always acted like this. Its key that when you become mod, that you can't have a on-line personality change. You can't let the powers influence you, because you were chosen for the way that you act.


Now, I tried to open a communication line with you by PM. As a moderator, I ask you to continue to do so on this topic so the thread can stay on track.


but the situation was already diffused didn't you see how she tried to distract me with the bat signal *looks at bat signal* dammit now shes got a head start "spider-man powers activate!" *swings after CrimsonRaine*
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:29 pm

Crusader, I really appreciate what your trying and are doing. I think its great and that you are a really good person. Someone that would be great in the rest of Snafu because of your humor and your compassion. So please don't take this the wrong way. You would and are doing great but this needs to return to the topic of the thread. It wasn't yet resolved and now it is with myself and Crimson were both at fault. End.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Crusader, I really appreciate what your trying and are doing. I think its great and that you are a really good person. Someone that would be great in the rest of Snafu because of your humor and your compassion. So please don't take this the wrong way. You would and are doing great but this needs to return to the topic of the thread. It wasn't yet resolved and now it is with myself and Crimson were both at fault. End.


cool and im not taking it the wrong way. i understand where both parties are coming from i just want there to be peace. but i have to ask what is the actual topic of this thread so we can discuss it? earlier you said it was just for news so shouldnt any discussion of the actually post take place in the comics section of the forum? if so i'll head over there and discuss my theories and why i believe what i posted in my original post about how blossom showed emotion this time but didnt show emotion in her other conversation bubbles with bell.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby konata50 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:11 pm

something tells me it might just hit near the bomb and send him flying but if blossom IS being serious and attempting to destroy Gir with the Bomb the way the angle is if Gir gets hit the impact of the explosion MIGHT make the bomb slide in the rest of the way cause its already in either way the bombs gonna go off cause ol what happened with that huge light.....seeing blossom make bell cry is not awesome but it must be done...

--my friend is trying to draw as good as bleedmans style cause he wants to draw something he thinks would be awesome he is really obsessed :3 has not left his house in days lol
The Kona-Squad's sign of approval..
Image
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:01 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Guardian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:26 pm

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:but i have to ask what is the actual topic of this thread so we can discuss it? earlier you said it was just for news so shouldnt any discussion of the actually post take place in the comics section of the forum? if so i'll head over there and discuss my theories and why i believe what i posted in my original post about how blossom showed emotion this time but didnt show emotion in her other conversation bubbles with bell.

This concern, or similar ones to it, were brought up when the News Section was first created. The topics are the focus of the thread, so this one was intended to discuss the most recent update of PpGD. That being said, there is a discussion range, where anything PpGD can be discussed in here without a problem. For example if something happens in a recent page that sparks you to reconsider what happened a few pages ago, its okay to say "oh that reminds me of this" and if you and a fellow member continue that path, its fine.

Now in the main section, we talk about the same update page, but the lines of thinking are deeper or different all together. This would be, like, watered down, in there is the strait up stuff. What is the point of this? Well there are a few, and one of them is somewhat mean. The first is that it gives artist who don't have a devoted spot, a place for their comics to be discussed. The second is that it acts as a barrier between those "post once and leave for a month or more" posters and the rest of the site. The problem with that is that people, good ones that can contribute a lot, get stuck in here.

So in short, the updated comic is the focus with the range of the comic. The News Section is talking about the comics, in a sort of water-downed function since large discussions rarely happens, cuz people post once per update. The main section is for comics as well, and all things Bleedman, having more stuff because members there are more frequent.

konata50 wrote:something tells me it might just hit near the bomb and send him flying but if blossom IS being serious and attempting to destroy Gir with the Bomb the way the angle is if Gir gets hit the impact of the explosion MIGHT make the bomb slide in the rest of the way cause its already in either way the bombs gonna go off cause ol what happened with that huge light

That's what I was thinking too. Even the impact of the laser might push him into the bomb, and trigger it to go off.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 pm

thank you for the clarification but as no one has said anything of personal interest ye imma remain silent for now
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Wait a minute: do we know if Gir has any type of protection or not?
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 pm

i believe that bell was his protection
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 pm

I mean something like a built in shield or something. I never seen Gir physically take a hit once ever.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 pm

true but if we go from canon invader zim it seems unlikely gir would have any defenses because of two facts: 1- he was made from scrap parts and 2 - he kept removing functions and parts from himself to make room for food.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:15 am

What about the possibility that Dr. X might have modified Gir minus the instability.
Never anger a magician
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2094
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: Soldier's apartment
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Nina333 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:49 am

I think Blossom tried to give Bell a chance to stop Girly from what he was doing with the bomb. Bell said she wouldn't make him stop putting the bomb in the tray so Blossom is just firing a laser on Girly because it's what she has to do to save the world. I would like Girly to get hit so everyone can live.
offline
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:54 am
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Guardian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:35 am

Well, we do know that the bomb goes off regardless of what Blossom's laser does. Might push Gir into the bomb, or we could see interference from the fight above.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18971
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests