New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby achthenuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am

And then we will expect something else to Gir.
Image
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm
Location: Malaysia
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:44 am

Dammit, I got the date wrong. oh well.

Anyways, I love the Chibi animation in panel...I wanna say 3 or 4.
I'm wondering if this could be it for Gir. But even if he is blown to bits, he might not be gone forever. I mean, he is a robot, as long a someone made a backup copy of his software, it's possible that you could rebuild him and bring him back.

CTCFirebird wrote:Bell's gotta learn the hard way. She's spoiled.


I wouldn't say she's "spoiled", although to me Bell seems a little...."out of touch".

Blood Archon wrote:Bell being "angry" after this might be an understatement.


Like I said before; she'll probably wanna tear Blossom in half like a phone book. However, I wonder if there could be some rather interesting character development in store for Bell in the long run, as a result of this experience.

Blood Archon wrote:Damn, she fired. I wouldn't be surprised if the impact of her beam caused Gir to slam into the bomb and pushed it in.


Boy, that would sure suck for Blossom, AND Bell. But there's always a possibility that Gir will be saved from Blossom's lethal blast. Maybe the fight going on above them will have something to do with it.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Cerulean » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 am

Great page, but I doubt that the beam will hit Gir. One reason being Blossom's word choice in this page. Why would she tell Bell that she is not paying attention? More importantly why would she apologize for making bell this upset, instead of apologizing in advance for killing her (Bell's) best friend? I wondered if it had anything to do with the losing oneself in emotions thing, but apologizing in itself signifies regret doesn't it?

I want to say that somehow Bell will save Gir and the beam will hit the bomb in turn. Unfortunately, the beam seems a bit too close to Gir (Not to mention Bell being temporarily incapacitated), so unless something from the outside interferes with the beam's trajectory, it seems that Gir is toast. Then again maybe Blossom has another plan altogether?
"A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin
Tumblr
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:54 pm
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Misery Chord » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:10 am

Even though GT happens in an alternate universe, I can't help but think somewhere Him is watching this scene and is impressed by Blossom's calculated manipulation of Bell.

Anyway, what caused the lights to go out, and why was Blossom completely prepared for it? Does anyone have any thoughts?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 am

Misery Chord wrote:Anyway, what caused the lights to go out, and why was Blossom completely prepared for it? Does anyone have any thoughts?

I don't think the lights actually went out. After all, this place is supposed to be so freaking bright that everyone needs special MIB sunglasses just to enter.

I think it was directed at Bell's helplessness, as the looming possibility of Gir being in danger was coming down as a crushing reality.

It was dark because she was still denying it, but as she was being pinned down by Blossom, it became more and more true.

The darkness more or less fades after she is done denying what is happening. Clarity hits her, Gir is in SERIOUS FUCKING DANGER.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Biostar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:34 am

Birdofterror wrote:
Misery Chord wrote:Anyway, what caused the lights to go out, and why was Blossom completely prepared for it? Does anyone have any thoughts?

I don't think the lights actually went out. After all, this place is supposed to be so freaking bright that everyone needs special MIB sunglasses just to enter.

I think it was directed at Bell's helplessness, as the looming possibility of Gir being in danger was coming down as a crushing reality.

It was dark because she was still denying it, but as she was being pinned down by Blossom, it became more and more true.

The darkness more or less fades after she is done denying what is happening. Clarity hits her, Gir is in SERIOUS FUCKING DANGER.

The SHOOM sound effect sounds like the power/lights going out. It pops up again in the fourth panel, accompanied with the "Switching to backup power" message, then its bright again. So its mostly the lights she was talking about. Nice allegory though.

Blossom probably didn't know the lights would turn off, but adapted it into the plan anyway.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Someplace with shrimp
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:02 pm

See, now here I am thinking that Blossom, Bell, Gir and indeed everyone in here has no idea what anything in here does, and even if they did they were all indisposed, so if someone is intentionally flickering the lights... it would have to be from the outside.

I blame Nosferatu.

But damage control aside, I have to admit I COMPLETELY missed that entire robotic saying. But now that I take a look at the picture with that knowledge in mind, the scenery is a LOT more grim than I thought...

Gir just took out a power core and is replacing it with the bomb as we speak. The final Panel being him pushing it in. A couple more inches and his job will be done...

This is gonna be close.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby strider0075 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:42 pm

bluebluetopaz wrote:Great page, but I doubt that the beam will hit Gir. One reason being Blossom's word choice in this page. Why would she tell Bell that she is not paying attention? More importantly why would she apologize for making bell this upset, instead of apologizing in advance for killing her (Bell's) best friend? I wondered if it had anything to do with the losing oneself in emotions thing, but apologizing in itself signifies regret doesn't it?

I want to say that somehow Bell will save Gir and the beam will hit the bomb in turn. Unfortunately, the beam seems a bit too close to Gir (Not to mention Bell being temporarily incapacitated), so unless something from the outside interferes with the beam's trajectory, it seems that Gir is toast. Then again maybe Blossom has another plan altogether?


Interesting, considering the perspective we are seeing the shot could be not aimed directly at Gir. It could be that initially she aimed at Gir or seemed to in order to take Bell off guard and make her fly into a rage thus making her a tad more predictable. But considering the size of the shot, she could be apologizing because Blossom knows there is no way that her shot won't at least damage Gir and take out the bomb. At least that's my take on the wording here.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:43 pm
Location: CA in body, i don't know where in mind
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm

seriously am I only one who noticed in the second panel that we almost had a panty shot?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Biostar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Is it really that important to you to obsess over?
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 586
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:45 am
Location: Someplace with shrimp
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Havoc751 wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Bell's gotta learn the hard way. She's spoiled.

I wouldn't say she's "spoiled", although to me Bell seems a little...."out of touch".

How so?
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Biostar wrote:The SHOOM sound effect sounds like the power/lights going out. It pops up again in the fourth panel, accompanied with the "Switching to backup power" message, then its bright again.


I actually didn't catch that. I need to pay more attention to detail.

CTCFirebird wrote:How so?


Up until Blossom set her sights on Gir, Bell kept acting like this was all a game to her. Although I'm not sure she understands what she's doing is bad or not. I guess it goes back to that discussion about Jack's sword.

Also while I'm thinking about it, I feel it'll help if I bring this back up:

BeeAre wrote:Blossom's laser is not nearly enough to set it off nor destroy it. She doesn't know that, but she is not going to investigate in that direction for fear that her laser IS strong enough. Detonating the bomb is singularly contrary to what she wants: for it to not detonate at all. We know she is going to fail, but how?

And don't forget, Sam and Buttercup still are fighting above them.

BeeAre wrote:Good thing Blossom isn't alone. Then again, neither is Bell.


It's possible that the impact will push the bomb into the machine, however Blossom might take precautions to prevent this somehow.

If any additional people were to come in and help, I feel the first thing they do is intercept the blast from Blossom's eye lasers. I wanna say it might be Samantha. She could maybe fly down, and split the blast in two with Jack's sword, causing it to fork around her, the bomb, and Gir. But she'd have to get away from Buttercup first.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:48 am

K13-ZAR wrote:seriously am I only one who noticed in the second panel that we almost had a panty shot?

Nope. I saw it. I was wondering if the physics was correct in the movement, it might be, because I can see both ways happening (panty-shot vs no panty shot). I believe Bleedman is trying to get away from the image he has created for himself about all of the panty-shots. That's what I'm getting at here, because there have been many missed opportunities for it.

Biostar wrote:Is it really that important to you to obsess over?

To some, yes, to others no, to the majority, who cares.
Its like a funny thing to watch out for with a good slap on the knee and going "oh ho! bleedman, I see wut u did thar!".
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:49 am

Havoc751 wrote:
Biostar wrote:The SHOOM sound effect sounds like the power/lights going out. It pops up again in the fourth panel, accompanied with the "Switching to backup power" message, then its bright again.


I actually didn't catch that. I need to pay more attention to detail.

CTCFirebird wrote:How so?


Up until Blossom set her sights on Gir, Bell kept acting like this was all a game to her. Although I'm not sure she understands what she's doing is bad or not. I guess it goes back to that discussion about Jack's sword.

Also while I'm thinking about it, I feel it'll help if I bring this back up:

BeeAre wrote:Blossom's laser is not nearly enough to set it off nor destroy it. She doesn't know that, but she is not going to investigate in that direction for fear that her laser IS strong enough. Detonating the bomb is singularly contrary to what she wants: for it to not detonate at all. We know she is going to fail, but how?

And don't forget, Sam and Buttercup still are fighting above them.

BeeAre wrote:Good thing Blossom isn't alone. Then again, neither is Bell.


It's possible that the impact will push the bomb into the machine, however Blossom might take precautions to prevent this somehow.

If any additional people were to come in and help, I feel the first thing they do is intercept the blast from Blossom's eye lasers. I wanna say it might be Samantha. She could maybe fly down, and split the blast in two with Jack's sword, causing it to fork around her, the bomb, and Gir. But she'd have to get away from Buttercup first.


Ah. Well, I was talking about the whole thing in general since her appearance that she seems like that. But I rather not say more to it because we still don't know what else is there with Bell. I mean, why I asked you was because she knows her mission. I think she's informed in that sense, but yeah, in what you're pointing out, I see what you're saying. Currently, she doesn't because it was established that Bell is losing her cool and the fight against Blossom as she kept focus on Gir. THAT I know of (or should I say 'we'...)!


Blood Archon wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:seriously am I only one who noticed in the second panel that we almost had a panty shot?

Nope. I saw it. I was wondering if the physics was correct in the movement, it might be, because I can see both ways happening (panty-shot vs no panty shot). I believe Bleedman is trying to get away from the image he has created for himself about all of the panty-shots. That's what I'm getting at here, because there have been many missed opportunities for it.

Biostar wrote:Is it really that important to you to obsess over?

To some, yes, to others no, to the majority, who cares.
Its like a funny thing to watch out for with a good slap on the knee and going "oh ho! bleedman, I see wut u did thar!".

Well, it is called a Doujinshi for a reason. You'll be seeing plenty of those lol
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am

I'm just use to someone else noticing the panty shot first
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:37 am

If Gir actually DOES die, I will be both shocked, and pleased at the same time.
I'm hoping by the time this is all over, we'll have at least one good tragedy, if not more. I feel we're over do.

Blood Archon wrote:I believe Bleedman is trying to get away from the image he has created for himself about all of the panty-shots. That's what I'm getting at here, because there have been many missed opportunities for it.


I'm kinda okay with this.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby BeeAre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:42 am

oh no both him and Dmajor went "well it does kinda look unnatural maybe the panty shot is okay" and I said "well I personally don't mind if it's unnatural and would not like it but do what you will" and he was all "lol ok" and didn't put it in :P

I feel like that kid sticking his finger in the hole where the dam is leaking sometimes.
Snafu Comics' Forum Alpha Bro, Staff Writer, Editor, Image, and Keeper of the Jar Brain of Secret President. RIP Ku Ku Ku \(-^.^-)/ U Wuz A REAL N***A!!!!!!!
"We're quite aware of this. BR is no happy rainbow face man. He is simply our neighborhood best fucking poster." ~ Warbear
最後の撃は。。。切ない。Puff Most Epic.
Ladies and Gentlemen, The:
BR

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 5644
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Mississippi
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:45 pm

You're a terrific dutch boy then.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18979
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Witch Haru » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:20 pm

i honestly don't think Blossom will hurt Gir, it just doesn't seem to be in her nature
on the other hand, she has seemed to become more brutal lately (or maybe that's just my opinion)


CTCFirebird wrote:Boys like girls who are hot looking and show asses
Girls like boys who are ripped, muscular and don't show asses.
In other words: Healthy and in good or perfect shape.

this is horrendously wrong and you should be slapped.
Image
Art // Literature // Tumblr // Dreadful Comics
Alopunk - Haru, you are 200% a cutie patootie
Tuor - Black lipstick must be messy
Yog - Stay strong, Haru
That chick from that place
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:53 pm
Location: Behind your shoulder
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Haruhi5 wrote:i honestly don't think Blossom will hurt Gir
The mere fact that the laser is mere inches away from blowing Gir to bits suggests otherwise. I don't think she can control her eye lasers once she fires them out.

If Gir is to not be hit by this, it would require either Him moving out of the way, someone moving him out of the way or someone getting in the way. Otherwise he's getting hit.
Haruhi5 wrote:this is horrendously wrong and you should be slapped.
While I wouldn't go so far as to wish physical harm upon him, he does perhaps need to be enlightened.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 1982
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:05 am
Location: You see where I am.
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

LOL Personally for me, it doesn't matter if there's a panty shot in or not. Any Doujinshi or whatever would have that so its like "who cares what does it matter anyways?!" :)


Haruhi5 wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Boys like girls who are hot looking and show asses
Girls like boys who are ripped, muscular and don't show asses.
In other words: Healthy and in good or perfect shape.

this is horrendously wrong and you should be slapped.

Whatever... If you were in front of me, I wouldn't give you the chance. I'm a fighter as well lol I was speaking in general. I think that you should watch other people with their eyes and who they are fixed on. You know, some women check other women out, but don't say anything. Sometimes they are jealous... Let alone go in to a private bathroom with each other... I have GOT to find another place to hang out lol sorry...


Gotta watch 'A Certain Scientific Railgun' anime and read manga

Anyways, let's just move passed this and talk more of the webcomic, people. Can't stand people calling others names and wanna hit them and whatever.
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 pm

wait what?
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Domain of the Dragon Gods
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:25 pm

Nothing, K13-ZAR. Haruhi5 came out of the blue and said I should be slapped... I really don't get why. So I'm like whatever. If anything, I'll let her slap me 29 times on the 4th of August (My Birthday). Ya guys could punch me 29 times on that day LOL
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby Hiroko » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:38 pm

I doubt it was meant to be an actual threat, like the way you seem to be replying to it as.
In any case, it would be best to just leave the topic be. This is just kinda silly. :T
Image
The Sentimental One
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:47 am
Location: California
Gender: Female

Re: New PPGD: "Prelude to Pain and Prejudice" (2/28/2012)

Postby CTCFirebird » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:43 pm

I'll take your advice! Thanks, Hiroko! :D
I am the Winner
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 am
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests