Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Primary discussion forum. Also, feel free this use as a hangout for fans of the funny non-story based comics.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Shounen Manga Discussion(Naruto Bleach etc. spoilers inside)

Postby Rival » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:49 pm

The only thing known about the fruits so far, is that as Oda explained, there's only one at a time with a given power and the fruit becomes available again once its user dies, and that's why all the info about Devil Fruits comes from studying previous, long dead owners.

Nothing more really got revealed regarding how they get recreated, from what I recall.

In an SBS, Oda promised he'd explain how the Devil Fruits get recreated in a future arc that'd also explain what Devil Fruits are, I'm guessing this is gonna be now.

I really liked the chapter, but Buggy as Shichibukai is disappointing. It devalues the threat of the title. Reminds me too much of Mr. Satan in Dragon Ball, where an incompetent fool got praise he didn't deserve and somehow we were expected to find him sympathetic.

The Naruto flashback bores me to tears.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Archrival » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:59 pm

Rival wrote:The only thing known about the fruits so far, is that as Oda explained, there's only one at a time with a given power and the fruit becomes available again once its user dies, and that's why all the info about Devil Fruits comes from studying previous, long dead owners.

Nothing more really got revealed regarding how they get recreated, from what I recall.

In an SBS, Oda promised he'd explain how the Devil Fruits get recreated in a future arc that'd also explain what Devil Fruits are, I'm guessing this is gonna be now.

I really liked the chapter, but Buggy as Shichibukai is disappointing. It devalues the threat of the title. Reminds me too much of Mr. Satan in Dragon Ball, where an incompetent fool got praise he didn't deserve and somehow we were expected to find him sympathetic.

The Naruto flashback bores me to tears.

But Law and the supposed unknown Schichibukai make up for him.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Remni » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:13 am

I had pretty much already guessed a long time ago that Ichigo's mother was a quincy, so it wasnt really that much of a shocker, but nice to see it's finally being resolved. It also explains much about Ichigo's bankai form and his Gestuga Tenshou simply being a massive reiatsu wave
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby WiNg0o » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:19 am

http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/99976_/page_22

High there I'm Murata and I'm better at drawing than everyone.

Seriously man Onepunch-Man is the best manga right now.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Rival » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 am

Archrival wrote:But Law and the supposed unknown Schichibukai make up for him.

We already knew about Law, but his addition is cool yes.

The unreveal that there's a 7th guy doesn't get me excited since it was clear the Marines had filled all the spots by now, they had 2 years to fill the 3 vacancies. Hard to get excited for the 7th guy since we don't know who it is. It's probably someone who already appeared in the story though. If it was a completely new character Oda probably wouldn't have minded to name drop him, as there would be no twist to spoil.
Last edited by Rival on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:54 am

I didn't know Law had become a shichibukai.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Rival » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:15 am

Chapter 659 page 18 in Mangareader release:
Last edited by Rival on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:28 pm

i see now why i didn't notice, it was on that tag which i didn't read cuz i thought i already knew what it said :<
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:02 pm

WiNg0o wrote:http://www.mangainn.com/manga/chapter/99976_/page_22

High there I'm Murata and I'm better at drawing than everyone.

Seriously man Onepunch-Man is the best manga right now.

It took 24 pages to show a robot landing on a roof. I found the past 3 or so chapters to be very boring...

EDIT: Although I admit that I've had a lot of fun reading Onepunch-Man (I started reading when the first chapter was uploaded, actually). I just hope we don't get much more of what we've been getting recently...

And I don't want to sound like a whiner when it comes to Fairy Tail, but... Seriously. There is no excuse this time.

This tournament is worse than the tournament in Tenjo Tenge.
Planet Pawner

Postby WiNg0o » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:03 am

Let's put that chapter into context.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Vegedus » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:41 am

Color?! What is this witchcraft?!
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:41 pm

WiNg0o wrote:Image

How about the arms from the last chapter? Is there a gif for that too?
Planet Pawner

Postby WiNg0o » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Frieza wrote:

How about the arms from the last chapter? Is there a gif for that too?

Actually yeah:

Bonus:

I Killed the Boss

Postby Archrival » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:27 am

Mir@k wrote:I didn't know Law had become a shichibukai.

Well today's OP episode actually revealed more about Law, mainly his fruit. He has the Ope-Ope fruit and Smoker calls him the 'Modification Man'.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 pm

This last one was pretty cool, I admit. When are they coming out with a Onepunch-man anime? Its made for one.

Unless its a manwha.

So... Naruto was boring, Bleach was boring (although getting more information on Ichigo's dad was nice), and I don't read OP. Should I even start reading it? Is it any good?
Planet Pawner

Postby Mir@k » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 pm

I love One Piece but every time i try to say good things about it someone comes and makes a longer posts describing why you should not, so fuck it.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:54 am

I'd say One Piece is my favorite of the trinity.
For the Greater Good

Postby Archrival » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:35 am

It has pirates, do I need to say more?
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby WiNg0o » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Yeah One Piece got better as it went on which is the exact opposite of Bleach and Naruto.
I Killed the Boss

Postby Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 pm

WiNg0o wrote:Yeah One Piece got better as it went on which is the exact opposite of Bleach and Naruto.

And Fairy Tail.
Planet Pawner

Postby Archrival » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Frieza wrote:
WiNg0o wrote:Yeah One Piece got better as it went on which is the exact opposite of Bleach and Naruto.

And Fairy Tail.

You can't truly say that since One Piece has 700 chapters while Fairy Tail is at 300.

Edit: Unless you mean Fairy Tail is getting worse then ignore me.
SUPPPAAAHHH

Postby Lord Frieza » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:49 am

Bringing in the subject of incest in Bleach, I see.
Planet Pawner

Postby Mir@k » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am

Always a saucy topic that one. Ishida huh.

Mind you, this setup is really boring. Yeah, i get it, quincies are like the nazis with the master race ideology and the german and the absence of "love" and people shouting angrily so hard they can be heard outside huge mansions and whatever the fuck, but for some reason it's not getting me excited or anything. It's just cardboard evil, the type we've seen being used and re-used in entertainment media for eons. Why was it that ichigo's mom is such a stark contrast between her and the other nazis if she's supposed to be one herself? We understand that quincies share the same personality traits when it comes to seriousness and quinciness and whatever, yet her qlique seems matsumorihimesque. Why is it always like this? Fucking shit! The mother and father of the main characters are ALWAYS over-the-top, speshul snowflakes that somehow are *different* from the rest of their kind because that's apparently what has been socially accepted as the norm.

Either it is too early in the morning or neither one peice or naruto will come out this week. I'm hoping it's the former for one piece (naruto can stay the fuck away from me until the fucking flashback is over). I get that authors deserve a break, but i honestly didn't know they could take weekly breaks in a 1-1 basis, i mean talking about the business itself.

Also i started reading Onepunch man and i think i'm in the same boat as the people i saw discussing it yesterday, that the chapters were fun and then suddenly the manga took a turn towards spectacle and less about pacing and story. Yes, Murata's drawings are a visual pleasure to look at, but if that's all there's going to be from now on then i kindly pass. The manga in itself is quite enjoyable, but if the guy wants to animate, then he should stop drawing manga and just animate if he loves that so much. If you don't watch any of the previous sequences in .gif files, watching each page one by one does not give the same sense of flow and it just takes a buttload of time of watching the same pictures with a different angle to get to the part where his fucking fists touches the other guy. Impressive from an artistic viewpoint? Yes, but i'm here to read manga, not stare at every frame of a gif sequence for 12 minutes to find out the plot advanced two millimeters at the end. Spectacle on it's own is boring, and specially so when the spectacle is just one single action, beautifully performed, in 14 pages.
Last edited by Mir@k on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Javetts Eall Raksha » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:15 am

Mir@k wrote:Always a saucy topic that one. Ishida huh.

Mind you, this setup is really boring. Yeah, i get it, quincies are like the nazis with the master race ideology and the german and the absence of "love" and people shouting angrily so hard they can be heard outside huge mansions and whatever the fuck, but for some reason it's not getting me excited or anything. It's just cardboard evil, the type we've seen being used and re-used in entertainment media for eons. Why was it that ichigo's mom is such a stark contrast between her and the other nazis if she's supposed to be one herself? We understand that quincies share the same personality traits when it comes to seriousness and quinciness and whatever, yet her qlique seems matsumorihimesque. Why is it always like this? Fucking shit! The mother and father of the main characters are ALWAYS over-the-top, speshul snowflakes that somehow are *different* from the rest of their kind because that's apparently what has been socially accepted as the norm.

Either it is too early in the morning or neither one peice or naruto will come out this week. I'm hoping it's the former for one piece (naruto can stay the fuck away from me until the fucking flashback is over). I get that authors deserve a break, but i honestly didn't know they could take weekly breaks in a 1-1 basis, i mean talking about the business itself.

Also i started reading Onepunch man and i think i'm in the same boat as the people i saw discussing it yesterday, that the chapters were fun and then suddenly the manga took a turn towards spectacle and less about pacing and story. Yes, Murata's drawings are a visual pleasure to look at, but if that's all there's going to be from now on then i kindly pass. The manga in itself is quite enjoyable, but if the guy wants to animate, then he should fucking stop drawing manga and just animate if he loves that so much. If you don't watch any of the previous sequences in .gif files, watching each page one by one does not give the same sense of flow and it just takes a buttload of time of watching the same pictures with a different angle to get to the part where his fucking fists touches the other guy. Impressive from an artistic viewpoint? Yes, but i'm here to read manga, not stare at every frame of a gif sequence for 12 minutes to find out the plot advanced two millimeters at the end.

agree on both the cardboard evil and the always able to overcome indoctrination character crap. i hope naruto comes out, want to know if 1st and madara, break it up, fight each other or set on the side lines. that onepunch sounds like Akatsuki (the manga not from naruto). it was good and all then without any reasoning, just went to a different (less interesting) group that don't even seem to be in the same world. what was that!?

Postby Rival » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 am

You guys should never sign any contracts, you never bother to read the small print.

Naruto's on break as was announced last week.

EDIT

Seems Oda got ill, no One Piece.

As for the Quincy in the flashback, I think it's jumping to conclusions to think that they are meant to be a Nazi reference. The current ones, aka "die Stern Ritter" (Sternritter should be one word btw. but Kubo's too lazy to look up proper German) under Juha Bach, are, but from what was seen so far the old Quincy never seemed that evil, Uryuu's grandfather seemed like a good person, Uryuu's father is a good person, and Masaki's adoptive mother while strict didn't really come off as either evil or good.

If we take the Quincy=Germans simplification to the logical extreme, then Japan was always very fond of the pre WW I Germany, which is due to the: Iwakura mission So maybe the Quincy in this flashback are meant to correspond more with that era? It's too early to judge.

Javetts, your enthusiasm for Naruto has me shocked. The fight versus Obito and Madara was pure fan-wank so far with the "dramatic" deaths and tacked on shipping, but it was still better than this coma inducing Hashirama-Madara flashback.
Last edited by Rival on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Snafu General Discussion