New Sugar Bits Comic: "Dwelling on a Name" (2/28/13)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

New Sugar Bits Comic: "Dwelling on a Name" (2/28/13)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Fuck's sake people. How come no one has caught this? It came out the same time as the PpGD update.

I do admit that there doesn't seem to be anything Earth shattering going on.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Re: New Sugar Bits Comic: "Dwelling on a Name" (2/28/13)

Postby Biostar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Oh, so I guess it is important?

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Blood Archon wrote:Fuck's sake people. How come no one has cuaght this?
Have you considered if for a minute the faintest possibility of people just not giving a shit?

But i'm being mean, bo looks so kewt.
But wait, what the fuck is even going on in this page?

Also. "Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmm." Image
Last edited by Mir@k on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Have you considered for a moment not being an ass? Knock it off Mir, I don't care if you do it in Spam, but you will act decent in here.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Pull the fucking stick out of your ass and read the post correctly next time.
Mir@k wrote:But i'm being mean, bo looks so kewt.(...)
If you cannot tell when someone is joking, that is a problem you have to work to fix. You will not tell me how to act in such a tone. Also, it's Please and Thank you, you authoritarian prick.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 pm

I have the authority Mir. I know you are joking, but that isn't needed in here. Please stop it and leave it in spam.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:55 pm

I know you are joking
Bullshit.
Blood Archon wrote:That isn't needed in here.
Explain since when this is true, what rule i broke, and why exactly you think i must stop doing what. By pm if you wish, i'm more than willing to discuss this with you and other moderators if necessary.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:57 pm

Breaking a rule, no. But you didn't need to be an asshole in these forums. People are here are discuss comics they like and enjoy. I don't want you drive people off with this attitude.

Enough of this too. Its getting off track from the thread purpose. If you want to discuss this with other mods, go for it. Especially when I'm only telling you to stop being rude and not taking any action or threats against you.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Don't power trip then blood lord. You cannot enforce how people act. The authority you have is not for bending people to your standards of what you consider civility or benefical social behavior, it's for enforcing rules.
Global Rules wrote:4. Swearing is allowed, that means you can say fuck, shit, bitch, motherfucker, etc. IT's up to you, really.
That's the only thing i did. I'm not being an asshole, it was a joke, and it was one post. You need to chill and quit the "i don't want this here" attitude because it's not really about you.
Blood Archon wrote:Enough of this too. Its getting off track from the thread purpose. If you want to discuss this with other mods, go for it. Especially when I'm only telling you to stop being rude and not taking any action or threats against you.
I read this after i posted this so i apologize for the extra reply. Don't throw this to the other mods though, i told YOU to pm me because this is only with you, not the moderators in general.

You just didn't personally liked what i posted, but i broke no rules. You have no reason to enforce anything on me and this is what i'm trying to tell you. Again, please and thank you, and everything is cool, but don't use your "authority" to solve your own personal issues with members and claiming it's for the forum in general because not even yourself believe that "i don't want you to drive away people" argument, and al of it because of one single post directed at you as a joke that you clearly didn't get, come on.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:07 pm

I see Mir and I seriously fucked up. I'm sorry, and will get that stick out of my ass.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:04 pm

please both of u SHUT UP so I can enjoy this impressively cute little page
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:22 pm

Moving back to the actual comic, Now that we have a closeup of Gingerman's patch-job. I find it amusing that they managed to matach his eye perfectly, but forgot to draw in the bit of his hair that's missing (it's just icing, so there's really no reason it should be missing) I also think the toning between the patch and the rest of his body looks a little reversed (gingerbread gets lighter in color as it ages, so the patches should actually be darker than the rest of his body). But hey, artistic lisence.
One other odd thing, is it just me or is Bo's bed (and most of the rest of the furniture) LUDICROUSLY oversized. Bo is smaller than the average member of cast (I'd gess about 3-3.5 ft, with ginger more or less the same give or take an inch) but in that bed she looks less than a foot. Is it just the angle, and error, or is this hospital used to dealing with giants (a part of me want's to assume that, due to the diversity of members of Braveheart Academy, some or whom really ARE enromous (the elephant, for example) they have to build everything to cover them. But you'd think that they would then have a diversity of rooms with a diversity of sizes, since a set-up like this might make medical treatment akward (trying to attach and IV to someone is likely akward if there is a foot and half of empty space between them and the edge of the bed.)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Art's a little different in this page. Plus Hansel's bug eyes kinda creep me out.

I imagine they probably just replaced the whole eye though Mon, once they'd gotten the patch-up of his head done.

Beds, I agree with the theory that they just get them to the estimated maximum needed size for a random patient.

And that room looks more like, I dunno, a recovery room? A room to wait until your body is fully healed once the docs have done their work. Not somewhere where much care is needed. In the more intensive place they could have smaller beds for smaller patients.

What throws me, is that the bed is perfectly neat in the third panel, despite Bo's location.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:41 pm

MQuinny1234 wrote:I imagine they probably just replaced the whole eye though Mon, once they'd gotten the patch-up of his head done.

Yes, they did, they would have had to (the whole eye was missing) I just though it a little funny they had a supply of whatever Hansel's eye is made of (jellybean?,Jordan almond? dragee?) that was a perfect match and didn't bother to pipe his face back on. Hansel's hardly the only gingerbread man around, and given a lot of them work in the lab, I would imagine injuries are common, so there should be a supply of icing around.
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:25 pm

What's with the consistent "Hmmm" in this? Bo also recovered pretty fast...
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mir@k » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Specially when the nurse was talking about brain damage.
Still Bo hasn't really said anything.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby MQuinny1234 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Mental instability, which, I dunno, may technically be brain damage? I'm not a doctor. But "brain damage" is much more permanent sounding to me than mental instability.

Anyway, she may just not feel like talking much, or something. What with the whole ordeal.

As for Hansel's hmms, that bugged me too BL.
Image=
-"I'm sophisticated, charming, suave, and debonair, Professor. But I have never claimed to be civilized."
Reluctant Nailbiter

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Mir@k wrote:Specially when the nurse was talking about brain damage.

One the other hand, she is behaving a little oddly. She may find it OK to admit her fondness for Hansel in the dream realm, but the Bo we've seen before is too, well, stiff, to be acting like this. She'd find it beneath her dignity and think it behavior unbecoming of a Braveheart (remember how she reacted when Robin pulled the photo out of her wallet?) I'm wondering if one of the effects of whatever brain damage she got is that it is making her act on a much more childish level than she normally would (I keep thinking of that bit near the end of Chicken Little where you find out that something in the aliens ray has messed up the fox girls mind, turning her from a bossy tomboy into a Shirley Temple clone.)

Postby K13-ZAR » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Mon-Kitsune wrote:
Mir@k wrote:Specially when the nurse was talking about brain damage.

One the other hand, she is behaving a little oddly. She may find it OK to admit her fondness for Hansel in the dream realm, but the Bo we've seen before is too, well, stiff, to be acting like this. She'd find it beneath her dignity and think it behavior unbecoming of a Braveheart (remember how she reacted when Robin pulled the photo out of her wallet?) I'm wondering if one of the effects of whatever brain damage she got is that it is making her act on a much more childish level than she normally would (I keep thinking of that bit near the end of Chicken Little where you find out that something in the aliens ray has messed up the fox girls mind, turning her from a bossy tomboy into a Shirley Temple clone.)

Well remember she is in a hospital so maybe she could on meds at the moment
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby Joker-Undead » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:13 am

Awwww. Bo's ok=^w^=
The Bringer of the next Undead-War!!
"Why so Serious?"
The Ultimate Undead-kaijin.

Postby achthenuts » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:39 am

MQuinny1234 wrote:Art's a little different in this page. Plus Hansel's bug eyes kinda creep me out.

What throws me, is that the bed is perfectly neat in the third panel, despite Bo's location.

I second this as well.
I heard you don't accept god
I don't accept fandom/shipping/mary-sue
This is not EVERY users.

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 am

Blood Archon wrote:Fuck's sake people. How come no one has caught this? It came out the same time as the PpGD update.
Mir@k wrote:Have you considered if for a minute the faintest possibility of people just not giving a shit?
I saw it and was fully capable of creating a thread for it. I'm ALWAYS on, as sad as that is to note, so I kind of see everything.

Though, Mir@k kind of hit me on the head. I didn't call attention to it. In fact, I never do. I always feel like these threads are made by people with connections and specific protocol and shit has to be done to make one of them or else you get slapped or some shit. But regardless, I was fully aware this existed far before this thread was created. Simply because: I don't really care for Sugar Bits. I never really did, but now more than ever is this comic's story a bore.

Not trying to be offensive to anyone who likes the story, but of the Bleed Trilogy, this is the weakest link in my opinion. The story stopped captivating me years ago. It seemed to be getting good back in the stormy alley, but nothing came of it sadly.

About this 'certain' part, why did he call attention to Sugar Bits? If what that nurse/doctor said was true, then it was simply a 'condition,' and isn't something to really be curious about- and potentially breaking the fourth wall.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Mir@k » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 am

I kiiiind of like where it's going right now, but for every step forward the story does, something happens that draws it back, like in this case the excessive "Hmmm" balloons of hansel. I cannot really figure out why they're there instead of just... Not being there. Maybe bleed is so used to having characters blurb out a lot of text in every page that now that a mostly-silent page came out he felt the absence of text bubbles eerie, so he made hansel say "Hmmm" in every panel.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Biostar » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 am

It makes it unnecessarily obvious that he's curious about the condition's name.

Postby Unlimited » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 pm

OMG!!
Bo in this page looks ADORABLE!!!

To think I wanted her dead for the sake of drama.

And to think I WANTED HER TO BE A DANCING STRIPPER IN A BAR CALLED 'BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP' FOR AN RP I SIMPLY COULD NOT FINISH!!

I REALLY hope the reboot keeps Bo. She's a great character to a certain extent.
Memento mori

Next

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)