Assassin's Creed IV

100% GAMES! Use this forum to discuss any game in any context and to organize get-togethers, guilds, and tournaments with your fellow Snafu posters.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Assassin's Creed IV

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:02 pm

Well, a pic of a poster was leaked today

Game Freaks, Feb 27, 2013 wrote:Earlier this month we reported that the next instalment of the Assassin’s Creed series will likely be released in late 2013.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that the next game would feature a new hero and would take place in a different time period.

Then a Redditor claimed that the next installment would be called “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flags”, and that it may feature a seafaring theme.

Today a promotional poster has surfaced on Kotaku which seems to support this theory – the poster depicts a white-hooded man surrounded by pirates aboard a seafaring vessel. A pirate flag can be seen flying in the background.

According to AGB, the main character is called Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin’s Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate.

The game’s location is reportedly set in the Caribbean on multiple islands including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

A pirate themed game would make some sense, given the success of the naval combat sequences in last year’s Assassin’s Creed III. Guillemot and Ubisoft have promised to release more detail on the game soon.

Thoughts?

Personally, I'm pretty excited for this. Obviously, pirates are kind of an easy sell, but I really enjoyed the naval battle mechanics in 3, and I expect that boarding ships will be an option added to this one.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Re: Assassin's Creed IV

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 pm

1: I want Captain Jack Sparrow to either be in it or referenced.

2: What sort of witchcraft are they up to that allows them to make a fourth after the end of the third?

Postby Whatis6times9 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Um, maybe    they're using a new modern era protagonist, maybe a descendent of Eve.   
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby NeoWarrior7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:24 pm

The third one was kind of a cliffhanger, in a way, even as an end    to Desmond's story.   

With the old one chick free, who knows what's going on now?   

If it's coming that early and it's Haytham's dad, I feel this would make more sense as a unnumbered release than as 4, personally. Like Brotherhood or Revelations.
For the Greater Good

Postby Remni » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:49 am

The art on it makes it look like it'll be a comic or book possibly, which I would be ok with. I havent played AC3 yet, but I should soon, but I'd be onboard for a pirate setting even if it's outside the main story.
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Wulfespinndel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:05 am

Game Freaks, Feb 27, 2013 wrote:Earlier this month we reported that the next instalment of the Assassin’s Creed series will likely be released in late 2013.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed that the next game would feature a new hero and would take place in a different time period.

Then a Redditor claimed that the next installment would be called “Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flags”, and that it may feature a seafaring theme.

Today a promotional poster has surfaced on Kotaku which seems to support this theory – the poster depicts a white-hooded man surrounded by pirates aboard a seafaring vessel. A pirate flag can be seen flying in the background.

According to AGB, the main character is called Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin’s Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate.

The game’s location is reportedly set in the Caribbean on multiple islands including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

A pirate themed game would make some sense, given the success of the naval combat sequences in last year’s Assassin’s Creed III. Guillemot and Ubisoft have promised to release more detail on the game soon.

Walking the plank has never been this cooler.
"Where we are, there’s daggers in men’s smiles."
KR Series Finished: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, OOO, Fourze, Wizard
Reset. Recalibrate.

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:22 am

Aww... I was hoping for a feudal Japan setting

Ninja's > Pirates (though the protagonist would most likely be a samurai if that setting was picked)
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:28 am

Ya, I think some kind of Asian setting would be cool as well. I've seen some fanart set there and it looked quite nifty, providing they don't make the Assassin to stereotypically ninja-y.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 am

Snooped around a bit and found that a supposed world map for the game has been leaked as well

Assuming it's legit, it reaffirms the Caribbean setting, also gives a firmer time frame, setting the events in and/or around 1715.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:31 am

Aww, I was just gonna post that

According to the website Examiner, the character will be called Edward Kenway, father of Haytham and grandfather of Conner. (I have no idea who any of these people are, since I havent played AC3)

First "leaked" screenshot (courtesy of Ubisoft)
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 am

Connor is the Assassin in the third one.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about all the leather, but I like the looks of the blue coat, and I like the red sash he has.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:59 am

And Black Flag has been confirmed

Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:22 pm

Unfffff, Edward looks like such a bamf.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Tuor wrote:Unfffff, Edward looks like such a bamf.

This.

He looks more armored than any of the other assassins we've seen.

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Mmm, maybe, Ezio had a bunch of armour, though.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 pm

That's true.

I would if this is an indication that we well be having heavy fighting in this one.

Postby Remni » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Well it's pirate themed, so the question is when the hell will there not be fighting?
My Steam - Xbox GamerTag: TheSweedishChef
Shameless league stuff!
Fortunately Unfortunate

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 pm

Hopefully rarely.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Whatis6times9 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:00 pm

I wish they were going the opposite way, more emphasis on stalking and less on just running in and hitting counter to everything.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Tuor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:46 pm

It's been leaked that it will likely be released October 29th of this year, and it will be coming to next gen as well as current gen consoles. Ubisoft has confirmed that the PS3 version will offer 60 minutes of exclusive content not found in the other releases.

There's an official reveal planned for Monday!
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:13 am

Could we stop using leaked, and start using "leaked"?
Mephobiac

Postby Tuor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Probably.

…I need new pants

Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Riz » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm

I don't think I've ever seen Tuor fangirl so hard before
with a heart colder than a welldiggers nutsack

Postby Artan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:08 pm

I enjoyed all of them , especially the second one.But they really need to cool it with annual releases. Wait a couple years and really innovate the next game.
Have you tried turn it off and on again?
QU:You look sad and frightened.
Stricken:i know this probably isn't the time or place now, but god damn millo is a hunk
Resident Illustrator

Postby Tuor » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:24 pm

3 added a bunch of stuff, though
Rest Easy Ethan

Next

Return to Snafu Gaming