Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby Bleedman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:01 am

BeeAre: No-o-o-o-o-o! Gir! Don't go out singing Ke$ha songs! The Robot Devil hates pop music! NO SNAFU EMPLOYEES WERE PAID FOR ENDORSING POP MUSIC. WE WERE PUNCHED.
Joe M. :"draw till your hands BLEED"
thus I was born...........
offline
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:37 pm
Location: philippines
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Deadpool94 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 am

Hey, first post, maybe. If not then second, I guess. I like how Blossom is showin Bell that she at least cares about hurting her, but that Bell's left her no other choice but to kill Gir.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: New York City
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Ixbran » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 am

I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:25 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Deadpool94 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am

Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: New York City
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 am

I can hear the Didact's theme right now.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Raulosification » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:28 am

I guess Bell will have a rage moment after this and in her blind madness, will destroy everything ...
Image
''A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.''
The Mighty Death
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:31 am
Location: Roaming around KOI 704.04
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 am

We all know the bomb is going to blow up right?
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby JazKW » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:06 am

Spartan117 wrote:We all know the bomb is going to blow up right?


It's probably not, otherwise, how would the prelude events of Grim Tales ever happen.
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:25 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby nightarix » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:21 am

i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)
offline
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 5:33 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby rac7d » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 am

But doesn't the beam disinograte inorganic matter at that level of power. That kind of reaction might work on a super powered invulnerable being
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 470
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:02 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 am

Connor Kenway wrote:Hey, first post, maybe. If not then second, I guess. I like how Blossom is showin Bell that she at least cares about hurting her, but that Bell's left her no other choice but to kill Gir.


Im glad you caught on to that little tidbit because personally i think its extremely important to what happens next. in the previous page dexter went on about how he had to push his emotions down and not let them distract him but here we see blossom actually expressing her emotions at a critical time in the fight. i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 pm

I am going to explain this, and a lot of you could become confused. If you would just make the effort to move out of the New Section and into the main forum, you will be able to grasp these concepts, ideas, and explanations easier since the editors have a tendency to reveal some spoilers and hints in the main section. That however depends on your involvement with the community.

Basically, get out of here, and post in the real forum.

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ixbran wrote:I'll be 100% honest when I say I hope that Blossom destroys Gir.

As much as I adore his character in this comic, as well as in the original series, I can not stand Bell. Her spoiled bratty personality, combined with her high level of power, makes her impossible for me to like.

I want Blossom to destroy Gir just to spite Bell. Yea i know its petty to say that, but in all honesty I dont care.

I like Gir too, and I completely agree with you. Her entire being is a little...annoying.

I do want this false and preconcived notion that Bell is spoiled explained to me. Because the exact same thing can be said about the girls.

nightarix wrote:i think i see where this could be going, her beam will slam into gir who will then slam into the tray with the bomb forceing it to shut, and setting it off. course that's just a guess made off the angle and the amount of force behind the beam(as shown by the rings coming off the beam)

I am going to start PMing people about this.

GT and PpGD are NOT connected in this manner. They are two separate universes and the division happened a really, really long time ago. Think of the Butterfly effect.

CrusaderRyuoki wrote:i believe that because just for a instant she became unfocused and acknowledged her emotions the shot will be fucked up and/or cause the explosion to proceed due to an unstable force in power.

Not really. We have seen that Blossom replied earlier, and he focus hasn't been lost. All of that action lead up to this point of neutralizing Bell to have the ability to fire the shot. That point has succeed. So any acknowledgement of emotional content wouldn't screw up her shot. I would also like to point out that never has the acknowledgement of emotions ever disrupted a fight, but only when you succumb to them or are physically distracted. For example if Bell was able to kick Blossom in the chin before she discharged her laser.

The bomb going off by her laser impact has been proven incorrect by the writer of PpGD. It is more likely that it impacting Gir into the bomb is possible, or an interference from Buttercup and Sam would set it off.

I AGAIN encourage all of you to visit the site more frequently, and explore the deep er sections, such as the Bleed Section, where we go in-depth about the comics and the occasional spoiler.hint is given. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message by hitting the PM icon on my post.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrimsonRaine » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm

I have a feeling this is all to trick Bell and that the beam will not actually hit Gir but sail past him. From the angle it looks like it's coming right up behind him, but it's possible for it to pass him up on his side. A trick of the angling if you know what I mean. Of course this is just speculation, we'll have to wait for the next page to see.

And Blood Archon, maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints. Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts? Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so? Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong? Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do? Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you? And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?
Last edited by CrimsonRaine on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:05 pm
Location: Classified
Gender: Female

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Deadpool94 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:39 pm

To Blood Lord with you're reply question, thingy:
I didn't say she was spoiled, I just said she was annoying. I guess, if you were to consider her spoiled, you could look at what she does compared to what the girls do when they lose a fight. When Bell loses, she throws a big temper tantrum and them storms off or breaks things just like any other spoiled kid her age would do. And with the girls losing, even though we haven't seen it here, in the show when they actually did lose, they'd get kinda depressed. I'm not sayin that that's why she's spoiled, I'm just sayin that that could be one of the reasons why she could be considered spoiled. I've dealt with spoiled kids before, and that's the only reason I can think of.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: New York City
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Do you guys understand what it means to be spoiled?

I'm going to post this in here from the main Bleedman Section. We've already discussed this, and here is what I put;

Blood Archon wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:
Blood Archon wrote:
CTCFirebird wrote:Bell's gotta learn the hard way. She's spoiled.

How so?


Well... IMO, throughout the webcomic so far, she acts pretty flawless against others especially with Blossom and doesn't want to be messed with... She cries easily of something she doesn't want like a good spanking, for example. With this latest page right here, that is about to change because Blossom is firing directly at Gir, who Bell cares about and is used as Blossom's Trump Card. Let's face it, Bell never really had to learn something and I don't think she does care. Like the RRBs, Bell is stronger, but not smarter (my opinion of Bell from what I gathered)

That doesn't indicate that she is spoiled, in fact, it says the opposite. Bell performs flawlessly against others because she is that good. She is for a fact smarter than Buttercup and Bubbles, but not quite as smart as Blossom. She is stronger than Blossom and Bubbles, but not Buttercup.

She doesn't get here way, if anything, Bell could be seen as less mature. The spanking she got is a total indicator that Dr X doesn't spoil her, but expects her to act well behaved. Of course she was crying while she got spanked, and of course she is going to cry about this. Its not like she can stop this. If tells Gir to stop, she is disobeying her father and betraying her love for him. She is stuck between a rock and a hard place, unable to satisfy the needs of her care towards Gir and her love towards Dr X, she resorts to trying to fill them both by attempting to prevent Blossom from interfering.

The idea that she is spoiled has ZERO supportive evidence. A character who is spoiled, is Princess. Bell is no spoiled. The fact that she throws a fit when she doesn't get her way has only been shown in extreme cases of death and immediate death of those she loves. It is expected for any normal person to display distressing emotions.


In short, she is less mature and inexperienced than the girls. And when did she show any violence to losing?
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Deadpool94 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Their first fight, maybe. I don't know it's been a while. And yeah i do know. I didn't say she was spoiled, I was just lettin you know that if someone was to say she was spoiled, they'd probably use that as an example, since you said you were curious, I figured I'd be a good sport and let you know what the others reason is. I actually don't think she's spoiled, she just acts that way sometimes, that's all.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:24 pm
Location: New York City
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh, okay then. thanks.
Moderator

User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 18995
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 pm
Location: Right behind you.
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Tuor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:And Blood Archon, maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints. Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts? Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so? Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong? Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do? Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you? And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?

No one is forcing you to leave, Blood is merely suggesting getting more involved with the forums and integrating into the community a bit more. No one is threatening you. Blood is doing this because he thinks it would benefit you. No need to get so hostile.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan
Moderator

User avatar
online
 
Posts: 18433
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:22 am
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby CrusaderRyuoki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:58 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote:I have a feeling this is all to trick Bell and that the beam will not actually hit Gir but sail past him. From the angle it looks like it's coming right up behind him, but it's possible for it to pass him up on his side. A trick of the angling if you know what I mean. Of course this is just speculation, we'll have to wait for the next page to see.

And Blood Archon, maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints. Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts? Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so? Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong? Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do? Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you? And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?


truth and i believe i've fallen in love

Tuor wrote:
CrimsonRaine wrote:And Blood Archon, maybe we don't want to spoil things by reading hints. Isn't the whole point of the forum to discuss opinions and thoughts? Why is it absolutely necessary we stop our discussions because you say so? Because you're a moderator we must bend knee and obey your will even if we're not doing anything wrong? Are we breaking a rule, or are you simply displeased with our actions and choose to abuse your power and tell us what to do? Are you going to ban us for not kowtowing to you? And shouldn't it be up to the actual creator of the comic whether or not we can share opinions and thoughts on their comic?

No one is forcing you to leave, Blood is merely suggesting getting more involved with the forums and integrating into the community a bit more. No one is threatening you. Blood is doing this because he thinks it would benefit you. No need to get so hostile.


more truth but to most of the posters he did come across slightly hostile to begin with. personally i dont mind that much but i believe he could've gotten his point across in a better way.
dancing otter wit a fish
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:42 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby MERASMUS! » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 pm

With Gir about to be vaporized, I just keep on wondering on how Bleedman will replace Gir with an insane comic relief character. Because I'm gonna miss him.
Owner of the Bombinomicon
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: An evil lair
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby NallCalmer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:13 pm

Blossoms about to break Bell's little annoying toy. its a shame that Gir had to get involved in all this only to meet her demise. :unsure:
Demons, superhumans. Meh. Same crap, different day.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Anywhere But Here
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:12 pm

This is the leading up to the end already. If Gir is destroyed then Bell will not only be depressed; she will be in an angry rage revenge mode. This will probably be awesome.
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Xi-1 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:27 pm

That's one bright light, Blossom, but... have you gotten the feeling that you just talked too much, stalling your laser just long enough for Gir to succeed? The bomb does go off.

Blossom knew she had to act by the time Gir removed the battery from the machine to put the bomb inside, but as I indicated above, I think she acted a little too late, as the tray is already going in.

About the power of Blossom's laservision, I don't think it has kinetic power the way Cyclops does. I think it's purely energetic power, and I agree that if her shot hits Gir, he would likely to be more than just 'toast.' But that's assuming the little timebomb doesn't go off, you know, in time.

I disagree that Gir should die just to punished Bell for being who she is, as she was raised by X. Gir is his own person, and Bell is her own person. It's just unfortunate that Bell got raised by the Big Bad.

On the other hand, when has anything been solved by a single laser salvo?
A Page Flipper
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Sonata2011 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Oh come on I hate it when it stops at the action moment :!:
Dexter Rules
User avatar
offline
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Prelude to Pain and Prejudice

Postby Kasena » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm

I'm gonna call it right now, Girly's gonna bend over seeing a penny or some other distraction, making Blossom blast the bomb, but not Girly.
offline
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:49 pm
Gender: None specified

Next

Return to Comic Updates and News!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest