Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Suggestions for PpGD (1st: Read Master List in First Post)

Postby Blood Lord » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 pm

The stupidity of your idea has nothing with the falsehood of the idea that I have never seen Doctor Who. Nor is a Fez in there. Do you know what a fez is?

Your idea is stupid because it makes no sense, and its random. We've been over this before. Ideas need to make sense and contribute something, not just because they are "cool" and rarely because they would be "funny". If you want randomness, go to the Spam section.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby The Mad Doctor » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:44 am

Well since all hope was lost in the doctor who episode "Big Bang" He suddenly popped out of nowhere with a fez, so why can't Otto, as he will probably do the same. He's a time traveler. I'm just suggesting some humor.

I love things for the exact same reason you hate them for.
EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

No. Just cuz the Doctor does something doesn't mean others should, could or would.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm

Adding on to that, its an obscure reference that only a handful of people, at best would be able to catch. A more appropriate time travel reference or joke would be a blue police box or a Delorean since nearly everyone would be able to get that.

I do want to point out that there is could be some matter of Dr Who confusion that may or may not allow cameos and references to the show. "the Tardis and Dr Who in the background" are in the "unknown status", while "Dr Who" is in the "HELL NO" category.

I want to point this out that a direct involvement of the Doctor is a no, but references to the show are still a possibility. Yet these references need to be noticeable and somewhat well known, and not obscure. That being said, thank you Spartan, but maybe next time.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Unlimited » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:20 pm

If Otto were to wear a fez, a mini-story would have to be created in order to show how he managed to obtain one.

Truthfully, the comic is better off having a fez on a mannequin for sale. Now that would be a good reference to Doctor Who.
The mannequin.
The Fez.
And the 11th Doctor's clothes.

Oh yes, that would be perfe-

Oh, I forgot. Everybody's UNDERGROUND! Damn it!
Memento mori

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Maybe after the bomb blows up, showing an alternate timeline maybe, we'll have that opportunity.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:04 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed (I used Ctrl F but it didn't find anything) and I can't really remember if it was in the comic, but whatever happened to Zim? Gir is there but he's with Bell instead of Zim. Is there any back story as to how Gir ended up with Bell? Like some kind of flashback that explains the situation.
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Unlimited » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Zim has apparently been turned into a meaningless character for giggles.

That's the gist of it from what I can gather.
Memento mori

Postby Birdofterror » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Zim was more of a means to an end to get the more interesting Character: Gir- into the spotlight.

As to how Zim and Gir ended up in Black Eden, I don't think it's really ever explained.
Last edited by Birdofterror on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:47 am

We don't really know anything about it at this point. Zim and Gir just seem to be comic relief.

I do suspect that Gir hangs around with Bell because she actually treats him nice, and they are more... "level" with each other personality wise, then say Zim and Gir.
Semper Vigilans

Postby CrimsonRaine » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:10 pm

I was curious as to whether or not there was a story behind their teaming up. I guess it's of no significant importance to the comic itself, unless it contributed to the story in an important way. It was just a thought, but that's what this forum is for right?
WHAT'S MY NAME BITCHES?!

Postby Tuor » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Yup, pretty much :)
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Birdofterror » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:52 pm

CrimsonRaine wrote: It was just a thought, but that's what this forum is for right?
Right! Thought, discussion, reflection... that sort of thing. We need more people in this section.
CrimsonRaine wrote:I was curious as to whether or not there was a story behind their teaming up. I guess it's of no significant importance to the comic itself, unless it contributed to the story in an important way.
All we 'DO' know is Zim's Individual story behind being on Earth in the first place paired with the token conversations he had with X a long time ago. He's here to rule/destroy the Earth because of the Tall Ones or whatever, yadda yadda, X must have been in the same evil genius meeting and they just kind of became room-mates or something after that. Along the way, Gir and Bell become inseparable- by this time Mandark is still alive, filling X's need for an evil mind and Bell's need for companionship, so neither Gir nor Zim were really needed until Mandark died, so here they are.

Or rather, here GIR is. I think Zim is still a two bit maid... Gir is still needed to keep Bell sane.

(Gir may not be around much longer, so get used to the idea of a Gir-less PPGD and with it- an insane Bell.)

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:45 pm

Isn't the Irkens working for the Cluster now? At least that's what I was getting from the Atomic Betty Arc.
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:35 am

Birdofterror wrote:Zim was more of a means to and end to get the more interesting Character: Gir- into the spotlight.

As to how Zim and Gir ended up in Black Eden, I don't think it's really ever explained.

Y'know, I wonder if Dr.X reprogrammed Gir to make him obey Bell, instead of Zim. Maybe X felt like Gir would make a good companion for her.

Maybe after the bomb blows up, showing an alternate timeline maybe, we'll have that opportunity.

Speaking of this bomb and alternate timelines, maybe we'll get a quick look at the happier future of Megaville?

Also this maybe a bit unorthodox, seeing how it's a request and not a suggestion, but once we've finished up everything with this whole time bomb thing, can we move on to Jack's story? I'm dying to know more about it.

Birdofterror wrote:Expanding on Otto a bit, when and if he shows back up, he should be all grizzled and shit with 5 O'clock shadow and a trenchcoat.

Preferably going half insane talking about "THE FUTURE!"

I would like to see that, and I'm hoping for some kind of time traveling, or future sci-fi reference.

Seeing how the RRB are coming back, I thought maybe we could have something like a BrickXBubbles thing. I know that sounds insane, but I would like to see the RRBXPPG formula mixed up a bit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:39 am

Havoc751 wrote:Seeing how the RRB are coming back, I thought maybe we could have something like a BrickXBubbles thing. I know that sounds insane, but I would like to see the RRBXPPG formula mixed up a bit.

Well seeing as how Dexter kissed Olga when the bomb blew up (likely breaking up the BlossomxDexter relationship) and Boomer was thinking about Bubbles kissing him; I really doubt a mix up would happen. But yes, I would like to see the RRBs to return too.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Birdofterror » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:04 pm

Spartan117 wrote:Well seeing as how Dexter kissed Olga when the bomb blew up (likely breaking up the BlossomxDexter relationship) and Boomer was thinking about Bubbles kissing him; I really doubt a mix up would happen. But yes, I would like to see the RRBs to return too.

I don't think the kiss ended the relationship. After all, they thought they were going to die and there was a LOT of mutual tension in the air. I seriously doubt the relationship is over or if Dexter even considered that being a possibility.

I think all he thought at the time was "We're going to die."

As for Boomer, I'm interested in his actions if and when the Roudyroughs join the main story. Not so much Brick or Butch.

Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:10 am

Birdofterror wrote:I don't think the kiss ended the relationship. After all, they thought they were going to die and there was a LOT of mutual tension in the air. I seriously doubt the relationship is over or if Dexter even considered that being a possibility.

I think all he thought at the time was "We're going to die."

Yeah, but I think Blossom's still gonna be pretty upset about it. Come to think of it, I bet Bubbles is going to be the one who has to brake the news to Blossom about it, if/when she decides to. I mean she was there.

Birdofterror wrote:As for Boomer, I'm interested in his actions if and when the Roudyroughs join the main story. Not so much Brick or Butch.

I don't know, the RRB are still kind of a mystery at this point.
But from what I can gather, Butch hasn't changed, Brick as become more of a leader and is more level headed than before, and Boomer, I'm not sure about Boomer, other than the fact he has fallen Bubbles, although he might have mellowed out more than the other two.

Spartan117 wrote: Boomer was thinking about Bubbles kissing him; I really doubt a mix up would happen. But yes, I would like to see the RRBs to return too.

In case you didn't know, they ARE coming back.
I would like to see a mix up, like maybe BrickXBubblesXBoomer a love triangle. You're probably right though, chances are it won't happen. But seeing how this is a suggestion forum, I thought I'd give it a shot.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 am

Why am I like the only person in the world that's not sure the RRBs will return? On the other hand, what does anyone think the RRBs would look like when they do return, I mean the art has changed over the past few years, and I would be interested to see what they look like without the oversized hands.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:30 am

Unless you are skipping over the obvious information intentionally, I am contractually obligated to inform you that the Roudy-Rough-Boys were already seen in PPGD. If you missed the pages or forgot, here's the link to said segment. It goes on for about 5 pages.

If any other person from that 'era' of the comic would suggest, they would look very different, but it's mostly due to the art style changing improving. They would likely be a more refined version of what they look like already.

As to whether or not they would wear any special uniforms, such as the ones they wear in the training session the segment shows or show up wearing traditional Red/Blue/Green clothing is unknown. But it's been hinted at enough to say for sure that they will be returning.

Bird oft Error

Postby The Mad Doctor » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 pm

I actually meant in the comic, but I guess it does confuse some people since I am still relatively new to the forums. I do most of everything on my phone so when I first started reading the comic, it was some time before I actually signed up.

EEEEVVVIIIILLL

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm

The BaRd himself said they shall return.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Havoc » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:16 am

Spartan117 wrote:what does anyone think the RRBs would look like when they do return, I mean the art has changed over the past few years, and I would be interested to see what they look like without the oversized hands.

Like Soulchild said, BeeAre has officially announced that they WILL return.
As to what they'll look like, probably better proportioned, and their eyes will most likely look like the ones the PPG have now, but a darker hue. Not sure about the clothing they'll wear. I expect it will either be, the black jumpsuits they had before, or the outfits the wore in the show(sweater, black-jeans, and sneakers).

Also should we update the list on the first page? I mean, it's been over three years.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:21 am

The list is already archaic. Not to mention this thread doesn't really matter one way or the other. Even years after this thread was made with the 'no anime' rule in mind Bleedman went and put Haruhi in it anyway. Ever since then I realized this thread is just harmless fun. The rules don't really matter anymore, even though I find myself enforcing them for some reason.

I don't know why.

If the thread actually had any sort of impact on the comic(s) I would be more inclined to agree with you that the front page needs to be edited. However... you know. This is more of a game thread and Bleedman Talk thread now.

Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Birdofterror wrote:The list is already archaic.

You try to maintain this thread. Its a pain in the ass.

Birdofterror wrote:Not to mention this thread doesn't really matter one way or the other. Even years after this thread was made with the 'no anime' rule in mind Bleedman went and put Haruhi in it anyway. Ever since then I realized this thread is just harmless fun.

This thread is used as a source of inspiration by BR. sometimes you need it, sometimes you have others.

Birdofterror wrote:The rules don't really matter anymore, even though I find myself enforcing them for some reason.

Regardless, they will continue to be enforced until this thread is no longer needed and can be decommissioned. Personally, I would consider restarting this thread and transferring some of the major list items to a new thread. the issue with that is you still need BR to come in and say yes or no. Frankly, there are bigger things going on at the moment than checking in here like that. Once life settles down, then maybe.

Birdofterror wrote:This is more of a game thread and Bleedman Talk thread now.

It really needs to stick to its purpose. We do have a Talk thread, you just can't talk about Bleedman in there. I did bring up the point to the other mods about keeping that rule on that thread, and that by removing it could generate more activity, in the thread at least, but alas "its been here since time started". I'm sure if enough people were in favor, then the talk thread could have that rule eliminated.
Semper Vigilans

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)