New PpGD: "Prolonging The Inevitable" (Feb 16th 2012)

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: New PpGD: "Prolonging The Inevitable" (Feb 16th 2012)

Postby Guardian » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:03 pm

It has been so long since I have gotten to do this. So long, and who would have thought that it would be with rac7d. Not me, but thanks for the enjoyment.

Let's do this.

rac7d wrote:When we say pre-teen ages 10-12. It is another division but they just barely entered the phase of adolescents. Preteens are something I have noticed uses by media to identify a demographic. I believe most would just identify them as children since they have not yet entered their teens.

Are you kidding me? Have you never heard of the term tween? Its that cool term people are using these days to suggest "in between child and teen" basically in a cooler way that doesn't make you sound so old, and more like a hip young person. That was popularized by the media outlet (Nick and Disney) and embraced strongly by the population. But the girls, no matter how you cut the sandwich, are in this phase.

rac7d wrote:In one of the more notable Samurai Jack episodes “Jack and the Rave” Jack halt immediately realizing the crowd around him were children/teenagers.

That were being used, mind controlled by the DJ. They couldn't choose for themselves what to do and Jack made a decision not to kill them, not the sword.
http://samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Episo ... d_the_Rave

rac7d wrote:I always felt his own judgment matched the sword.

So that brings up[ an interesting point then. Does the judgements/moral views of the wielder determine how the sword defines as "good" or does it still attack "evil" based on some sort of scale? Jack wasn't always the wielder of the sword, his Dad was before him. So then you could argue "Oh, its a family thing then". Nope. Other people have used the blade, most notably the King of the Spartans in "Jack and the Spartans" after his own sword was broken and Jack threw him the sword to protect himself.

Aku has used it before, but the blade cannot be used by evil to harm good. I wonder if evil can use it to harm evil though... that's a different matter though.

The only thing I have on the "wielder" of the sword is this "This sword was forged from the righteousness of the qi within thee. It possesses the power to destroy this evil force. Samurai Jack's sword is a japanese Katana forged by the deities Odin, Ra, and Vishnu and from the power of righteousness within the Samurai Lord's heart. "

rac7d wrote:My only thing is that Blossom might see him more of a toy to bell then her best friend like he is. All she seen of him is actually playing a part in the entire scheme.

Due to the reaction Bell displayed the last time Gir was in danger, I think Blossom is fully aware of how important Gir is to her.

rac7d wrote:Maybe not some intellectual prodigy but, has been confirmed to be smarter than Bubbles and Buttercup. She is not a lifeless zombie; she follows orders of her own free will

Not quite. Just because a person is intelligence, doesn't mean they can be blinded or influenced. You do as your parent tells you to, correct? Well, generally yeah. So Bell is a good little girl and does as her evil Dad says so... Interesting. She isn't a zombie, and that isn't the point I was making, you took it to that extreme. The difference is that did she choose to do this, or did she do this because Daddy said so? Is she fully aware of her choices, the implications, does she understand the difference between good and evil, does she have a different "misguided" view on what is considered to be good and evil (which would make her blinded)?

Those questions, I think, are going to determine if she is evil or "misguided: and if the sword would work on here. Samantha is screwed no matter how you shake the snow-globe.

rac7d wrote:Suddenly she has a full steel skeleton underneath what we thought to be her skin.

That doesn't automatically define someone as being a robot.

rac7d wrote:We know what she wants to do but not why?

We know her intent, she wants revenge on buttercup. Re-read the Mandark battle section.

rac7d wrote:Why wouldn’t buttercup feel remorse? <more words>

She might, robot or not. Its the trainings she has been going through with Jack which are going to cause the guilt and remorse because she failed them. How, you might ask?

Its a code between good and better, and to keep her rage under-control, something you pointed out that she is failing to do. What is the easiest thing to do? Strike her down, end her before she can be a threat to anyone else. If that was the only good decision, then why could a Samurai Master not make that, but you expect his 11 year old student, who doesn't know how robotic Sam has become, to make the same decision.

the other choice, and one that would get the best approval from Jack, and show him that she is taking her training seriously, would be to capture Sam, find out what happened to her, and redeem her.

rac7d wrote:the girls a total blood knight

:sosad:

I WAS A BLOOD KNIGHT. then I was promoted to Blood Lord.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Havoc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am

Blood Lord wrote:She might, robot or not. Its the trainings she has been going through with Jack which are going to cause the guilt and remorse because she failed them. How, you might ask?

I never thought about it that way. She might not feel guilty about Samantha's death, but instead, feel guilty that she let her beloved sensei down. I was thinking Buttercup might land a fatal blow on Sam using Jack's sword, thinking she was all machine, and instead find out part of her's still organic.

I had a a couple of theories, about Samantha's back story. Now she had friends/a team in the anime, Sloan, Spyke. But we haven't seen them, also she was part robot when we first saw her. The first theory was she simply killed her two friends, and joined the Dark Star in order to gain power. But my other idea was that Samantha and her team mates were involved in some sort of accident, or something that killed them, and left her barley alive. So the Dark Star rebuilt her with robotic parts. And then Dr.X promised Samantha that if she joined them, he'd bring her friends back to life.
I don't think that second one would be too likely though. Just because Sam doesn't seem like a very redeemable character. Now I've never actually seen Medabots, so forgive me if any of this sounds absurd.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby K13-ZAR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:42 pm

what have i missed
I'm NOT CRAZY! I'm just unpredictable there's a difference

Postby CTCFirebird » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Agreed with Blood Lord
I am the Winner

Postby Guardian » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:33 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:what have i missed

An amazing thing here, stormtrooper. The reemergence of the old days. We would fill pages like this, especially around that time with Minnie being controlled by Her. Glorious days.

But aside from that, there is one more point that I wanted to bring up. What if Bell gets the sword?
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

Semper Vigilans

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 pm

"Can" Bell get the sword? Even if she does, any of her targets are kind of immune to it.

My curiosity comes from whether or not Bell herself is immune to the sword's blade. Both sides make adequate cases as to why or why not she could be harmed by it.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Havoc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:28 am

Blood Lord wrote:I WAS A BLOOD KNIGHT. then I was promoted to Blood Lord.

I see that's not the only "promotion" you've been given.

Blood Lord wrote: The reemergence of the old days.

Indeed, we broke our 6 year long record for "Most users ever online" Monday.

Blood Lord wrote:What if Bell gets the sword?

I think she'd go for Blossom. Rather or not she could do damage with it I'm not sure, but if I had to guess I'd say no, just because Blossom's still on the righteous path. But my question is, would Bell go as far as to try'n kill Blossom? We know Samantha's beat you with a corpse crazy, but what about Bell?

I also thought of something else. Do you think anyone will pick that Noisy Cricket back up and use it, like Bell, Blossom, or even Samantha?

EDIT:

Birdofterror wrote:"Can" Bell get the sword? Even if she does, any of her targets are kind of immune to it.

My curiosity comes from whether or not Bell herself is immune to the sword's blade. Both sides make adequate cases as to why or why not she could be harmed by it.

I think if the fight turns into a two-on-two, and it becomes a huge mess, then I think Bell could get an opportunity. As far as who the sword could hurt, and why, I think we might need BeeAre's help on this one a little bit.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby strider0075 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Havoc751 wrote:I also thought of something else. Do you think anyone will pick that Noisy Cricket back up and use it, like Bell, Blossom, or even Samantha?

I get the feeling it'll be put into play again, otherwise that whole plot point would have been completely pointless. However, I don't think Blossom will try for it as at this point it'd be useless since it leaves her open for attack while trying to grab it and even if she does grab it Bell will probably knock it away again thus just wasting time and energy, something that she can't afford right now. Bell on the other hand is in a rage, somehow I don't think she'll go for because right now she probably has tunnel vision and has probably forgotten about it. So i'd say the most likely candidate out of those in the immediate vicinity would be Samantha. If she were damaged enough to the point where her ability had been severely reduced AND she somehow ended up in the same area as Blossom and Bell then going for the cricket would be the best option if only just to cause a distraction and leave an opening for an attack.

Postby CTCFirebird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah. That will most likely go down.

IF Buttercup actually kills Samantha, she'll have to regret that eventually. I'm guessing that will be harsh. Still for her headbutting Sam with so much power like that.
I am the Winner

Postby K13-ZAR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:09 pm

i'm just waiting to see how the bomb will go off(guess which bomb i mean)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

K13-ZAR wrote:i'm just waiting to see how the bomb will go off(guess which bomb i mean)

You mean XJ-9... Jenny?
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:36 pm

strider0075 wrote:I get the feeling it'll be put into play again, otherwise that whole plot point would have been completely pointless. However, I don't think Blossom will try for it as at this point it'd be useless since it leaves her open for attack while trying to grab it and even if she does grab it Bell will probably knock it away again thus just wasting time and energy, something that she can't afford right now. Bell on the other hand is in a rage, somehow I don't think she'll go for because right now she probably has tunnel vision and has probably forgotten about it. So i'd say the most likely candidate out of those in the immediate vicinity would be Samantha. If she were damaged enough to the point where her ability had been severely reduced AND she somehow ended up in the same area as Blossom and Bell then going for the cricket would be the best option if only just to cause a distraction and leave an opening for an attack.

I agree. However, I was wondering if maybe, Buttercup will defeat Samantha, and leave her lying on the ground. Then Buttercup and Blossom will turn their attention away from Sam, thinking she's no longer a threat. Once they're distracted by someone/something else like the bomb or Bell, Samantha will grab the Noisy Cricket, and nail one of them with it.

CTCFirebird wrote:
K13-ZAR wrote:i'm just waiting to see how the bomb will go off(guess which bomb i mean)

You mean XJ-9... Jenny?

I don't think Jenny's a bomb. But tell me, what other "bomb" are you talking about?
Speaking of XJ-9, is any one else thinking she might possibly die? Just a thought. I mean she's really not all that important to the plot, aside from being Bubbles' friend.
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:47 pm

I don't think she will die. I know she doesn't hold any significant meaning as a character and is being used more as a plot device. Might happen just because the comic is that dark.

Semper Vigilans

Postby K13-ZAR » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 pm

I mean the bomb fighting Blossom right now 8)

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Apparently, Jenny can't control what she's doing (not her fault). Its her and the bomb that's causing havoc in Megaville. That's why I thought that she was the other trigger when K13-ZAR said the words "other bomb." I, too, don't think she will die. I think she will be worn out after all that is happening. She has to be stopped, but everybody (I could be wrong about this) is busy handling their own thing.

K13-ZAR wrote:I mean the bomb fighting Blossom right now 8)

Bell? Bell is the bomb?
I am the Winner

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:55 pm

I can kinda understand that. You know, her rage and stuff.

Semper Vigilans

Postby CTCFirebird » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Now that I think about it... She is going off
I am the Winner

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:05 am

Well, speaking literally... if SHE is the bomb, what the hell is that device behind them?

An industrial strength juicer?

I jest of course.

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Okay, with the momentum of the fight against Bell and Gir at the moment, I'm curious how this still goes boom. Perhaps Blossom gives the spark it needs.
Demon of Elru

Postby lynkz7 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:24 pm

this is the only reason i created a SNAFU account... this continues to be genius.. i love this doujinshi

Postby K13-ZAR » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Guess I should explain why I called Bell a bomb. Well sit down little ones and let me enlighten you:

when you are fighting someone with superpowers you do NOT get them enraged because you risk turning that person into a ticking timebomb that WILL go off at some point and could cause more damage then what you were trying to prevent them from doing.

Postby rac7d » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 pm

... it just occured to me that the white light we saw could possibly not be the bomb but just bell. In some kind of angry supernova attack. Not very likly but I would luagh if the bomb never actully goes off. I know that game had no cannon but didnt bell have a supermoove being a white flash that emgers and from all around her body.

Blood lord did you get promoted recently?

Postby Birdofterror » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:32 pm

lynkz7 wrote:this is the only reason i created a SNAFU account... this continues to be genius.. i love this doujinshi

You and me both. I came for the comics and stayed for the forum.

Welcome to Snafu!

Bird oft Error

Postby CTCFirebird » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm

lynkz7 wrote:this is the only reason i created a SNAFU account... this continues to be genius.. i love this doujinshi

Welcome to SNAFU!

Reason why I created mine was just in case if I get time to say anything that comes to mind when I get the chance to like this month, then would say something. I have my agreements and disagreements in SNAFU's PPGD, but most of all I rather show my support for this crossover comic as I am a PPG X RRB fan. I may also critique harshly or sound like I'm killing the webcomic, but that's just me LOL I have fun with that XD

Have fun in SNAFU and don't forget to say what's on your mind about each topic or what have you! ENJOY! :)
I am the Winner

Postby Havoc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:19 am

Blood Archon wrote:I don't think she will die. I know she doesn't hold any significant meaning as a character and is being used more as a plot device. Might happen just because the comic is that dark.

Honestly, I'd be okay if XJ-9 was thrown under the bus. However if she does survive, I can see her going into a state of depression later on. Because between this and getting her ass handed to her by the RRB, I imagine she's starting to feel a little weak and powerless. Yes this comic is pretty dark, I'm hoping will get a nice juicy tragedy by the time this is all over.

K13-ZAR wrote:when you are fighting someone with superpowers you do NOT get them enraged because you risk turning that person into a ticking timebomb that WILL go off at some point and could cause more damage then what you were trying to prevent them from doing.

I think we got a glimpse of this "explosive behavior" when Mandark died.

Welcome aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Last edited by BeeAre on Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Noopaysh
User No. 24602
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Previous

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)