Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: RP Mod Squad, Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:35 pm

I think that is a big part that happens with a lot of people here.

I just wish we could find some consistence and newer people. I feel like the best thing for the site would be a wave of new active people. their activity would probably make a lot of the older members go "oh, yeah, that one place is a live again, I should go back because it was fun 'n stuff."
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby BG07 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Its all about motivation to post really, people lack it therefore they don't make posts. That being said it takes maybe 10-30 minutes for a person to whip up a solid post, not 5-9 days. Even if you are busy as hell, unless you're on a vacation of somekind you can put together something fairly easily no matter how busy you are.

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:24 pm

That's one of the things that irked/irks me the most, it does not take all day to compose a post, ugh.
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby darkshark » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Hey, speaking of. Which open games are fairly active? I haven't been around in a long while, I'd be interested in picking up an RP again.
buh

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Um, none of them really. I brought that up on the last page, haha. The only rp that I'd really count as active right now is the Once Piece one
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby darkshark » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:58 pm

That's a damned shame (personally, considering I'm not a One Piece guy). Well, I suppose I'll stick around and hope it livens up a bit.
buh

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 pm

For it to liven up, we'd probably need someone to post some fresh ideas.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby darkshark » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Ideas for new games? Or just in the threads overall?
buh

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:31 pm

Kinda both, I'm not sure what's happening with the rp's. I think most of the GM's have given up. You could pm them though and see
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby darkshark » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Man, I've been back for all of half an hour, and I already miss the good ol' days.
buh

Postby Mathias » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 pm

I have an idea that I have posted for votes in the past, but that never came to fruition. I recently have renewed interest in the idea. I could post it for consideration?

Postby Guardian » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 pm

Go for it.

I also want to mention that my Dragon Age RP is still active.
“Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.”

"To punish and enslave..."
Semper Vigilans

Postby Mathias » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

What an odd blend...

Postby Sentios » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:09 am

It was also extremely uninformative.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Mathias » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 am

I guess they're just banking on the hope that people have wanted such a crossover. After all, who wasn't hoping for a crossover between Pokemon and Nobunaga?

Postby Vegedus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:26 am

Tuor wrote:For it to liven up, we'd probably need someone to post some fresh ideas.

I have the dubious honor of having posted the latest idea in the now-off-the-frontpage idea thread. Managed to get a total of one vote. Tried asking if there was anything I could do about it in here. Only got replies from Mathias.

I have other, fancier ideas, but not terribly motivated to write it up. Still might do it for the hell of it.
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby Geomancer » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:57 pm

The magic seems to be dying in parts of the internet. There was this big rulebook someone put together for Final Fantasy with an original system. It was quite popular for a while. I checked it out recently and found it was gone. The webpage had been taken down. Luckily I found an old download link that still worked on a random forum. I may have one of the few copies left.

EDIT:

Fortunately, someone seems to have uploaded it onto scribd so that makes me feel better. And now there is a second, different rulebook being created. That makes me feel even better.
Final Fantasy IX was the best Final Fantasy game ever and if you think otherwise you are WRONG!

My fanfiction account. Comments and criticisms are very welcome.
GMancer

Postby Ro Wong » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 pm

I just up and forgot to even get online lately. Too many distractions got in the way.

That and seeing the old place going so slow does make me a bit saddened.
Demon of Elru

Postby Vegedus » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Most fan made rpgs are crap. I can recommend Anima Prime for Final Fantasy/anime-ish stuff (click on "PDF format").

Postby Sentios » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:33 pm

>151 pages

I was never a fan for those types of RPs to be honest.

As for the idea thread, I seldom ever posted in there. I kinda figured if others approved ideas then that would mean there were others interested and I wouldn't be left alone with the GM bemoaning that no one else was around.

Postby Mathias » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:49 pm

Are you guys so disparaged that you will play any original idea? I have an idea, but since no one is really around to vote except for the few involved in this conversation, I figure a consensus here would be just as good.

Postby darkshark » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 am

Fuck it, I suppose I'd be down for anything.
buh

Postby Vegedus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:53 am

Eh, I'd still have to see it first, personally am not particularly desperate.
Sentios wrote:>151 pages

I was never a fan for those types of RPs to be honest.

What type? Short ones? Long ones? Tabletop in general? About half the stuff is necessary to read (75 pages) for a GM, zero for a player, the rest being an optional setting, lists of powers and the like.

Postby Sentios » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 pm

RPs based on rule books and RPs which use complex stats I mean.

Mathias wrote:Are you guys so disparaged that you will play any original idea? I have an idea, but since no one is really around to vote except for the few involved in this conversation, I figure a consensus here would be just as good.

I'll give it a look at the very least, my primary active time now a days will be weekends though since my job sometimes necessitates that I stay out of town Monday-Thursday/Friday.

Postby CrimsonJack » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 pm

I would doubtlessly check it out. Been eager to start roleplaying again, been making too many OCs so I need some where to test them out. You have my vote Math.
Do you know where the real Hell is? It's inside your head.
Do you know where the real Heaven is? It's beyond the clouds, a horizon we all see in the end.
That's why my head is always in the clouds, hoping to see that Heaven beyond the horizon of Life and Hell.
Sayonara, Adios, Goodbye.
Stella

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing