Welcome to the Weirdness

As the title suggests, feel free to RP it up.

Moderators: Mod Squad, RP Mod Squad

Re: Welcome to the Weirdness

Postby Tuor » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:16 am

…and now I must play
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby BobSagat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:21 am

I've only had time for one full playthrough, but if you play the game and at least manage to stay alive, you're guaranteed at least two or three awesome stories by the end of it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
2pro

Postby Rival » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 am

BobSagat wrote:You execute her and pick up the sexiest little 16 year old gal and have your 60 year old king bone the brains out of her to desperately eke out the next heir.

Ah the times of Feudalism, when a man could just be a man.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby BobSagat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:55 pm

It even has a real-life loathing for gays! Bishops and the Pope will hate you so hardcore if you turn out gay.

God, just talking about the game makes me want to play it again.
2pro

Postby Vegedus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:02 pm

It's something like Civilization, transfixed on a specific period with more detail, yes?
Will make apocalypse themed fiction for food

Postby BobSagat » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

While they are both strategy games, they are significantly different from one another.

Civilization's game design has been streamlined into understandable quantities, technology trees and predictable behaviors. Civilization is a very enjoyable timesink of a game.

Crusader Kings however, is a simulator. For instance, CK2 boasts the ability to let you play as literally anyone of standing. You can play as an Emperor, king, duke or count. Any level of government where you at least control one patch of land, is free for you to play out whether or not you end up being a vassal of a king or whatever because internal politics makes up more than half the game.

Now note, that when you do make up your mind as to where you want to start off and commence your scheming and warring. EVERY other person you could have played as is being simulated as well. You could be playing as the King of France, fending off the on-and-off advances of the English and on the other side of the world, the Byzantine Empire will be dealing with a series of assassinations and rebellions that will leave it fractured and a shadow of its former power. Now the chances of you ever actually dealing with the remnants of the Byzantine Empire are miniscule because you are only playing out a few hundred years of time, but regardless of whether you're there or not, every noble in every court at every level of government have simulated personalities, ambitions, likes and dislikes and will act accordingly.

It is a pretty difficult game to get into (though by Paradox Interactive standards, it's probably the most approachable) and I'm always unsure of what the best way to handle a situation is, but like I said before, that's okay because even when you fuck up, you still get exciting results.
2pro

Postby Tuor » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 pm

So...is this section almost completely dead Rp-wise? I've just actually browsed through ooc threads and it seems like everyone has migrated?
"Suddenly Frodo noticed that a strange-looking weather-beaten man, sitting in the shadows near the wall, was also listening intently to the hobbit-talk. He had a tall tankard in front of him, and was smoking a long-stemmed pipe curiously carved. His legs were stretched out before him, showing high boots of supple leather that fitted him well, but had seen much wear and were now caked with mud. A travel-stained cloak of heavy dark-green cloth was drawn close about him, and in spite of the heat of the room he wore a hood that overshadowed his face; but the gleam of his eyes could be seen as he watched the hobbits."
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Asmodai » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 am

I've kinda gone to another site for my RP needs x:
Mephobiac

Postby Zelosse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:32 am

Which site?

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:09 am

Makes me melancholy to see one active Rp on the first page
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Zelosse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:13 am

Tis' indeed a shame.

Postby BG07 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Tuor wrote:Makes me melancholy to see one active Rp on the first page

I remember the days when overnight you would miss 3-4 whole pages of posts...

Now you'll be lucky to get 1 post in a week.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:48 pm

We need more people.

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:15 pm

BG07 wrote:
Tuor wrote:Makes me melancholy to see one active Rp on the first page

I remember the days when overnight you would miss 3-4 whole pages of posts...

Yup *wistful sigh*

I feel like a lot of people kinda gave up on this place, and that feeling sucks.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Rival » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 pm

At this point the only two active sections are spam and bleedman, if you're not into spam's particular branch of humour and/or aren't obsessed with Bleedman's stuff, there's not much reason to stick around.

Plenty of RP'ing in other places. I'm not even an RP'er and I know of forums with active RP sections.
Stanisław Lem wrote:I hadn't known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.

Postby Mathias » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Are the other rp sites as easy to get roleplays accepted? I know that RPG Dreamer's forum has very strict and difficult processes for consideration.

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Rival wrote:I'm not even an RP'er and I know of forums with active RP sections.

...ok? I mean, I obviously know other places have active rp sections.
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

While jumping ship is always fun, why not try to save this one instead?

Postby Rival » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Tuor wrote:
Rival wrote:I'm not even an RP'er and I know of forums with active RP sections.

...ok? I mean, I obviously know other places have active rp sections.

What I meant with that is that it's very easy to find places to migrate to without even searching much, which explains why people leave.

And obviously I don't enter these sections, if that's what you're surprised about, I judge them as active based on how often I see new posts on the board index.
Last edited by Rival on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm

I wasn't surprised, I was trying to figure out your point. I suppose it is easy to leave but then I wonder why it took so long for most people to do so. Meh, I guess I'm being nostalgic
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Sentios » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:23 pm

BG07 wrote:I remember the days when overnight you would miss 3-4 whole pages of posts...

I miss the days where I didn't feel like the only person who wanted to post in a RP after the initial hype. Unless a bunch of you migrate some where in particular I probably won't actively seek out another forum.

Edit: Actually I almost miss the days when GMs would disappear/lose interest in their RPs before the players did.
Wizard Status. 5 more years

Postby Tuor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:26 pm

That was always good for a chuckle
Rest Easy Ethan

Postby Zelosse » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:56 pm

I've done that here and there... Sometimes you just don't know to proceed so you just yell 'fuck it' and never appear again.

Postby Blood Lord » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I remember when I first joined and all of the sections had a fair degree of activity (save DP). Now its this. Its saddens me.

Postby Jasthn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm

I would be fairly more active in this section, but college work. Now that I think about it, I never really advertised this site as having an RP section... I should probably maybe do that.
I GOT 'DEM HUMPS.
Doctress Who:You can be my Brony bitch ;D
Droctress Who:Jas, would you like me to make you a sandwich?
JesusChrist: Well if you insist Jasthn I'll use it with you. Spread them cheeks

Tragedy_and_Comedy: Jas is about as dangerous as a kitten.
Blood Lord:I hit your dog with mah truck. :3
Lenore Celestalis:*jumps on your back* weee~
That guy.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing