New Grim Tales Comic: "I want a chakra gem for my birthday"

Discuss new comics, posts, and news directly from the Snafu-Comics main page!

Moderator: Mod Squad

Postby SnafuBot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Go check out the new Grim Tales comic!

Re: New Grim Tales Comic:

Postby shadownerd221 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Time for a water splash fight. Wonder who would win?

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:11 pm

I like this page. Its deep, serious, and ends on a funny tone. Plus we know when Him attacks.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby CallMeD. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 am

Indeed. To think that in only a years time from now, their entire world will be plunged into a living hell. It just makes you wonder, what kind of person it took to cause it to all fall apart. At the very least, it can be said that Mimi did in fact have some form of childhood worth mentioning. And Raven had a special place in it, that was well deserved.

Postby Deadpool94 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 am

Splashy splashy. Now all that awaits is the next part in the story.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby caveman » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:06 am

Raven in the tub, being cute and grumpy. :happy:
If it wasn't for the adorableness of the moment, I would have made a naughty comment :devil:

Postby silvercover » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:37 am

damn, this chapter was so sweet and cute. il try not to think of how things are going to get bad...

btw, maybe this explains a bit more why she doesnt demonstrate those powers? I mean like, we see mimi flying around and carrying houses in this arc but during the last one mimi had to scale the cliffs and used more items(granted she still used a lot of them against mina) to get in.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm

That train of thinking would indicated that Mimi is losing her powers overall.

The other explanation could be preference choice, and the situation. In this chapter, it was a one-on-one death match that required brute force. In the previous one, Mimi was sneaking into a place, trying not to get noticed, and fighting in confined places.

Another example, just because I am a complete badass with the Sniper rifle in Halo 4, doesn't mean I would choose it over the shotgun, LMG, or rocket launcher when I'm going into enclosed spaces, nor would I choose those weapons in outdoor long range setting. If it was a vehicle, I would go with a Spartan Laser unless we were in a closer map with ghosts and a rocket launcher works better.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby The Mad Doctor » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Blood Lord wrote:That train of thinking would indicated that Mimi is losing her powers overall.

The other explanation could be preference choice, and the situation. In this chapter, it was a one-on-one death match that required brute force. In the previous one, Mimi was sneaking into a place, trying not to get noticed, and fighting in confined places.

Another example would be that she threw a house on top of Mina earlier before the flashback, and in the older chapters she used random mallets, hammers, and other random small tools.
F U Im evil

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Blood Lord wrote:That train of thinking would indicated that Mimi is losing her powers overall.

Another example would be that she threw a house on top of Mina earlier before the flashback, and in the older chapters she used random mallets, hammers, and other random small tools.

Yes, to which my reply was referring too.

There are certain situations that call for using a hammer, and others where you want to drop a house on someone, and just because you did one before the other doesn't mean you couldn't have done it before.
Mercypostle

Postby Deadpool94 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

Blood Lord wrote:
Spartan117 wrote:

Yes, to which my reply was referring too.

There are certain situations that call for using a hammer, and others where you want to drop a house on someone, and just because you did one before the other doesn't mean you couldn't have done it before.

So, kinda like Batman. He has a different tool/gadget for any kind of situation.
Ya know why I love the Internet? Cause its just like me.
Vulgar, combative and contradictory?
Overflowing with perversion and stupidity?!
Yes and yes. -All three Deadpool
Sniff Ah I love the smell of pancakes in the morning.

Postby silvercover » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:47 am

losing her powers overall is not what I had in mind *looks at raven* :roll:

more like she has suppressed some of her powers/emotion, or just gives her more control.
unless its implied that raven gave her a fake/it doesnt work.

of course, this is just minor speculation for me. whether or not its the case, it probably wont impact nor be relevant much. just giving my two cents.

Postby Xi-1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:52 am

So much for staying dry. On the other hand, Raven did ask Mimi to let her down. She just didn't specify the 'when' or 'where.'

There's no way to guess whether Mimi's telepathy carries over to her HER form, because she's never been shown to use telepathy apart from in this part of the story. If the chakra is responsible for cutting off her powers, there's also no reason to believe HIM couldn't find a way to remove it -- after all, he would most probably enjoy the destruction and chaos Mimi could reap with her full powers. HIM certainly has not been the kindest of fathers to her -- but then who has? While Mimi has some normal-cute memories, most of them probably have her either being used or sheltered, depending on the general crisis level.

On the other hand, bath fights are always fun. If you can fit in the bath, that is.
A Page Flipper

Postby Nina333 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:19 am

The gem on Mimi's forehead allows her to suppress her emotions. That might explain why she has no reaction to Him having pictures of her dead mother and her in his office. It's nice to see Mimi had some bright spots with Raven in her early childhood. I was thinking that Him did to do one good thing for Mimi which was giving her mobile legs. Her early childhood seems to have involved her being confined to a wheelchair and being sheltered.

Postby Exodis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:21 pm

Spalshy splashy!
Mir@k: Exodis is the little kid of the forum, compared to everyone else.
Grey: From now on i will call you eggy because i don't like x but ex sounds like eggs. i like eggs.
Yog: Exodis, your manner of speech and the way you conduct yourself is beginning to evolve to the point where I'm starting to like you.
Blood Lord: Yup, Randori is a very well respected night elf of the community. His valuable service to the site has brought great blessings to this people.
BeeAre: I'm totally gay for Randori.
Stuff: Exodis, you are learning. Mama is proud.

Live the Lovable Life, Die the Dreadful Death.
Check out my story! Exodis - The Last Savior
The Last Savior

Postby Blood Lord » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Bumped for being the current page thread. Just a reminder guys, please post in the current update threads only. I want to mention that if there is something of interest to you that was on a previous page, you are welcome to bring it up and continue a conversation in the most recent update thread.
Mercypostle

Postby Saint Soul » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:27 pm

And dont be afraid to link the previous thread if need be.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Return to Comic Updates and News!