Snafu betting parlor: Most Likable Mod

This forum can be a scary place, 'cause we got lax rules: let's see your war face. Take a breath, and roll the dice, you might find out we're really nice.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: Snafu betting parlor: Most Likable Mod

Postby Yog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:21 am

Mirak, I understand your point of view.

It's quite true. It makes sense.

But this is the INTERNET. That's my main point.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 am

You don't have a point, yog. Image
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Q.U. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 am

Valhallen wrote:It looks like (statements, logs, and such) that the upset was the result of a sneaky plot by Q.U. to convince people to vote for him on the last day.

I object. The prosecution has not presented a single piece of evidence against me. In the light of this lack of evidence presented in the parlor I find it prejudicial, even constitutionally offensive, for anyone to be making allegations of my alleged involvement in voting fraud. With this in mind I wish for all sides to withdraw their accusations lest they are able to present forth evidence supporting their claims, or else I will be forced to consider pressing charges on count of defamation and slander.

See you at the restaurant tonight Val. It's your treat, as we previously agreed.
This post is intended for information only. Please do not reply to this message as responses cannot be read or acknowledged due to the stupidity of the user.

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:56 am

I know who not to trust respect anymore.
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Yog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:19 am

Mir@k wrote:You don't have a point, yog. Image

It's a contest on the internet.

To care doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe in real life, it would mean something, but not on a forum.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:24 am

I think you're not the proper person to make that statement given how much you've made it quite aware that you care so much about letting internet personas influence the way you live and act, which brings me to my previous sentence.
Mir@k wrote:You don't have a point, yog. Image
In case my point slipped by, let me say it clearly: You're the worst person to be talking about when to care or not to care on the internet, because you care too much about it to be saying people shouldn't. And no it isn't about the occasion (contest on the internet), it is wether you do or don't, the specific time when or where is irrelevant.

I'm not even saying your point is not vaild (though I really believe is not, in fact i find it hard to even consider it a "point"), only that you're not fit to be blabbering about it when you don't respect that ideology yourself. Image
Last edited by Mir@k on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Yog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:28 am

I guess you make a good point.

But something like a contest shouldn't really matter to people.

I take advice from others because I respect the input of other human beings. That stuff I do care about. Because it applies to my actual life.

But winning a contest on a forum won't do anything. It's not like you can go around, bragging to everyone IRL that you're the most popular person on a website.

That's all I have to say about that, though.

Postby Mir@k » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 am

Again, you're missing the point, and that is fine because that is why you don't have one.
24 Karat
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

I'm guessing Mir is going after the ethics of how the contest was won, right?
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:10 pm

"Won" is a strong word. "Rigged" is more like it... but I think everyone knows that. The polls itself had like a total of 60 votes spanning several weeks. Then on the last day, thirty come out of nowhere, over 20 of which go to Q.U., the person with the least votes and who no-one other than 'one person' voted to win.

He's already sort of explained why he's upset, but one of his reasons is he was actually having fun with it, then it was bastardized. I think. It's hard for me to translate from Mir@k to English, so this may have a couple inconsistencies.

I would go on a rant explaining what I think of this, but I'm afraid I would be alone in the dark, so I'll just leave it with this one line:

A Popularity Contest? Really?
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Fuck yes a popularity contest. Are we doing anything better on this site?
Mercypostle

Postby Birdofterror » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 pm

Blood Lord wrote:Fuck yes a popularity contest. Are we doing anything better on this site?
No. And that's the problem. This site is filled with a bunch of people who are creative and who know each other. I'm talking about people other than myself at this time-

You guys could pull up a huge project in a game or something online related, and hang it up on a wall to be proud of.

Instead they're off rigging fake popularity contests. It's wasted potential, really. I would like to see a giant co-oped minecraft monument, or something else as massive an undertaking.
"It's such a fine line between clever and stupid."

The Chronometal Wars, a fan-fiction taking place in the PPGD Universe. Catastrophe is the only certainty.
Bird oft Error

Postby Grey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 pm

damn i am ten thousand internets down

still less than a tenth of what i spent on my campaign
I'm NORML and I VOTE
Soul Silver Friend Code: 0260-2900-0828
Suave Brit

Previous

Return to Wham, Spam, Thank you, Ma'am!