My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:29 am

For a refresher, Yamino post a huge rant about Derpy's debut about a year ago. She went on about how 'offensive' Derpy's characaterization was in "The Last Round UP"--that it offended her disabled friends. The name "Derpy" offended them. A good number of people like her sent their complaints to Hasbro. Hasbro, playing it safe, conceded to their demands and resulted of the revised version of the said episode. She's quite popular and there are bronies accusing her for being responsible for the Derpy incident. Right up until now, these..."bronies" attack her dA page relentllessy with butthurt responses and deregatory posts. It probably resulted her increased popularity (Black Friday style), she's still 'asking' for more. Quite sad, really.

Dayuumm, SWAG.

Is it me or did Dash just quoted Dark Knight Returns?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby dj1107 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:40 am

Well I hate to admit it. But SWAG.MOV was pretty awesome.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Grieffon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 pm

SWAG.MOV is good. And HDD said it's not over, but which one, the Jappleack tumblr, the .MOV series, or both?

I saw someone made a comparison of the dresses in MLP so far. Gala dresses are on a different level, except maybe RD's and Pinkie's coronation dresses.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:49 pm

Oh look HDD finally got that finished.
To be honest the only reason I got into the Pony.MOV series was because Egoraptor was doing some of the voices. That being said I still liked Magic.MOV for the evil scientist Twilight thing it was doing, but that's just because I find crazy Twilight funny.
This one was pretty good, wasn't expecting it to have such an upbeat ending. It was surprisingly cute... in a similar way one could find the Ren and Stimpy cartoons "cute".
Bark

Postby Saint Soul » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:09 pm

That was awesome.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby True Order » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

I'm a little thrown off about her being sent into a coma when she was essentially chainsawed in half but it's HotdiggetyDemon we're talking about so the shows have less sense in it than a junkyard soda machine.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby Maru » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:52 pm

Man that was a good end(?) to a wacked-out series. I feel sorry for Discord's eye..
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Blood Lord » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Just when I thought this couldn't get any weirder...
Stufflikehearts - He is a Sith Lord. I love Blood Lord :3
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:48 am

Blood. You should always expect it to get weirder.

And it's not over JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST yet. There's still a little more he has planned.

EDIT: Totally forgot about this pic...

Don't know when it was taken, but it was. And it's funny.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:23 am

That was taken during EQLA. That Roid Rage was a really cool guy, you can tell from the photo. Though I posted that picture like 50 pages ago :/

New artist: Devinian

He can do quite some background.

End of the honest work
Simple generous gifts

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Grieffon wrote:
I saw someone made a comparison of the dresses in MLP so far. Gala dresses are on a different level, except maybe RD's and Pinkie's coronation dresses.

Yeah Dash's Florentine style outfit is real neat. With the hat and everything. Only thing she needed was a rapier.
I miss Pinkie's Gala outfit though (CANDIES!!). One of my fave dresses. Twi's Gala was good too--cute and simple. It's so her.
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

Postby Blood Lord » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:02 pm

I like the GALA dresses better, except for Fluttershy's. The wedding dress seems to fit her better, in relation to the color. It matches her mane.
Jeffffey - Blood, you look at the information someone says, look over what really happened, and reply in a way that makes them realize what they were really thinking.
Light10s - Blood Lord! Your avatars are becoming more epic. You make me feel like getting on all fours and submitting my loyalty and obedience to you.
Fievel - Numerous campaigns and conquests, countless bodies decaying after the abandonment of victorious battlefields. Such is the life of Blood Lord.
Dusk_Imp - Blood Lord is like a celebrity here. Everything he does is pure awesome. ALL HAIL BLOOD LORD
Doctress Who - Why couldn't there be a Blood Lord in every forum? It would make life so much easier.
Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Maru » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:37 pm

I just love how they captured that rubbery smile on Pinkie. Something warms me up inside when I see it; It's like the smile is telling me 'Dude, this is a freaking awesome cartoon'.
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Manly Crust Breather

Postby Mad-Mutt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:38 pm

Hey, any of you guys remember Resident Evil: Outbreak?
... Wait, no one. Oh... Hmm... Oh well here's some fan art of it anyways:

I literally posted this just so I could make that stupid joke, sorry. I was one of the few people who played this game though. Yoko (the black haired one in the center) was my favorite character to play as because she had a pack that let her carry more items.
Bark

Postby Mon-Kitsune » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Kusang_Manalo wrote:
Grieffon wrote:

Yeah Dash's Florentine style outfit is real neat. With the hat and everything. Only thing she needed was a rapier.
I miss Pinkie's Gala outfit though (CANDIES!!). One of my fave dresses. Twi's Gala was good too--cute and simple. It's so her.

I've always had a soft spot for AJ's Gala outfit (except the boots) but I have to admit the coronation one is pretty nice too. The red/blue/gold works well on her (not that the red/green/brown palette she's had so far was bad) as does the stars and stripes motif, which goes well with her accent (though I take back what I said in my initial assesment, AJ's cornonation outfit isn't so much pseudo-colonial/centennial as Versailles/Bagatelle)
"For I have heard the Song of War, and to me, it sounds just like "Please, Mister Custer.""

Cogito Ergot Sum, "I think there is something wrong with this rye bread." (Aplogies to Seafrol.)

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:06 am

We just can't have a single game done, can we?

That's both fan games I like gone for the most part. At least the mane6 team hasn't given up yet, though it will probably not be related to MLP anymore, unless they make it somehow compatible with a secret pony mod.

There's still one last fan project I'm looking forward to, and I really hope this one doesn't go down the drain as well.

On a different subject, I like the idea of Twilight dealing with preening awkwardly

Postby Blood Lord » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:25 am

Well these aren't the best pics I've seen, but they got my attention. MLP Halo.

Snafu Gold Card Member!

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:52 am

Some interesting information from Unicon 2013.

The Season 4 opener will focus on    Twilight's fears and questions after becoming a Princess   . As an editorial note, I have every faith in Meghan and the crew that they'll lay our own questions to rest.

No surprise there.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:02 am

Meghan enjoys leaving "Applejack pregnancy scares" on the whiteboards for whoever comes in to use them next. Don't worry. She's not foaling next season.

I am in stitches... Oh god...

But back to something that leaves me a bit down. Welcome to Ponyville got the-
(Glimmer of hope. We may be better off than realized. I can't say much, but please know FG is not dead.Thank you to those that support us! We'll fight as long as we are able.)

Grieffon... was this here before? Is there really... hope?

Also, speaking of all these games, whatever happened to Silent Ponyville? That's something I've really been looking forward to since the beginning. The last I heard from the guy making the game was back in November. Hope he's doing well...
An Optimist

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 am

Oh god. Pfffft. I'm... I'm just... Just look at this thing.

An Optimist

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 am

Holy shit! That's pretty funny. I love it.

What do you guys think... Would you think that they'll put a colt or a couple of colts in the mane roster? Would it be a good idea? I'm thinking something similar to "The Weekenders".

Not-an-animator

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

I loved the Weekenders. So, yeah. I wouldn't mind at all. It could push the equality of friendship. We've seen sisterly bonds, brother and sister bonds, bonding between the main 6 girls, but no brotherly, or plain overall guy bonding. The closest we got was in Dragon Quest, but those dragons weren't quite the role models and all...
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 pm

New Friendship is Witchcraft

The episode may or may not be blocked. Five minutes after upload it was blocked for me, but now is not.

Postby Grieffon » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 pm

That's the best FiW so far. Francis Sparkle sounds just like Shining Armor.

FiW Twilight is scary...

@Sefrol
They said they lost 90% of their assets, so continuing means starting from scratch, unless they it is not that bad as they said. It's probably best for them to pretend to shut down to avoid any more sabotage.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Speaking as someone who has an affinity for female characters I wouldn't mind to see a male character or two as a main in the show, just as long as that character serves a purpose and isn't there just to be there. Personally I was never among those who wanted to see a male character that bad, but I wouldn't view it as a bad thing if they added some more males to the main roster just as long as it isn't forced.
Bark

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)