My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

The forum for Bleedman fans! Feel free to discuss other comics and cartoons, as well.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:05 am

600th PAGE SNY-PA~

And with it, here's a cute Pinkie :D

Last edited by Mr. Sefrol on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cogito, ergo es eggo." A.K.A. "I think, therefore you are a waffle."
An Optimist

Postby Grieffon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 am

A bit off topic, but does anyone know any songs similar to the two I posted last page? "I've got to find a way" and "True, true friend"

A few comic celebrating royalties:

Anniversary memories
Twilight's first day #5
Oh yeah?

Postby Dibullba » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:42 am

I am terrible when it comes to music, but have a remix if that will help!

Postby Grieffon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

The finale brought up quite a lot of questions. First of all, are Celestia, Luna and Cadance born alicorn, or were they tranformed? If it is the latter, how did the first alicorn appear, and who did it?

Another thing about the alicorn tranformation:

Twilight now has SIX small stars in her CM instead of five.

What exactly was it that turned Twilight into an alicorn? It looked like Celestia was the one turned Twilight into an alicorn, but I think the reason is the spell. Star Swirl's failed spell alters destinies by switching CMs. When Twilight was finishing the spell, she was also reading it. As the result, the spell was activated, her CM changed and so did her destiny. The ethereal realm might be the place where the alicorn ascension takes place, and Celestia was just there to initiate the ceremony. I still can't think of why were the elements involved in the process.

And what does the 6th star represent, Twilight's "completion"? It probably doesn't mean a new main character. I really hope not.

Postby dj1107 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 pm

Grieffon wrote:And what does the 6th star represent, Twilight's "completion"? It probably doesn't mean a new main character. I really hope not.

As long as it's not Trixie I'm fine with a new unicom character.
Pizza mozzarella, Pizza mozzarella, rella rella.

Postby Mad-Mutt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Some more Game Grumps pony stuff that I think just got uploaded:

Discord invites the mane six over for some fun, but when the check don't clear they gtfo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFb07pyfQ5Y

Gilda returns, and yes she's still a bitch. Then Chrysalis Cadence sings a rap song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jduCEKzJWAQ
Bark

Postby Holly Jolly Harumii » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:47 pm

quite a finale, i must say
i have high hopes for season 4...

the songs were amazing, but the score leaves me breathless:

Celestia's Ballad was my favourite song of the finale, i wish someone would make some kind of extended version

Postby dj1107 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:55 pm

So I'm seriously the only dumb bastard who hated Magic Duel? Seriously there's no one else outside a backwards ass /mlp/ user who hated that episode like I did? Anyone at all? God now I know how CR! felt when said he hated Mysterious Mare-Do-Well........

Postby Maru » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:34 pm

If it makes you feel better, I wish they'd expand more on that amulet.. Plus, Fluttershy's involvement was cringe-worthy..
My DA
My Soundcloud (WARNING: May contain flat Japanese singing)
Feathers: hiatus'd
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby dj1107 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Maru wrote:If it makes you feel better, I wish they'd expand more on that amulet.. Plus, Fluttershy's involvement was cringe-worthy..

That whole plan of getting outta the dome was cringe worthy & stupid. Also one thing I've ignored at this point but it needs to be address, but The show Twilight had to perform for the Saddlearabian's was just really lame. I mean your show consists of you floating animals in an infinite loop.....I could go to Sugarcube corner & watch Pumpkin do that with furniture so I dobt a Royal would be impressed by it.

Postby Maru » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

dj1107 wrote:That whole plan of getting outta the dome was cringe worthy & stupid. Also one thing I've ignored at this point but it needs to be address, but The show Twilight had to perform for the Saddlearabian's was just really lame. I mean your show consists of you floating animals in an infinite loop.....I could go to Sugarcube corner & watch Pumpkin do that with furniture so I dobt a Royal would be impressed by it.

I think that moment was so unremarkable I forgot about it (exaggeration). I mean, floating animals, wheeeeee... Also, I might be missing some ancient-history-thing point to it, but why did they need a glorified magic show in the first place?

There were some parts about the episode, like all episodes that I like. For me, I guess it was just a blah sort of episode..
My DA
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby dj1107 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 pm

I think the reason I just outright hate it is simply for my biased nature against Trixie & The fact she got off scott-free. Yeah Luna & Discord are loved by pony public but they are a completely different scenario on why I except them as "good side" characters. Even with Diamond Tiara with all the shit she gets away with in the end she receive some kind of punishment in the form of embarrassment & shame. Trixie couldn't get any kind of punishment? She couldn't be just attacked by angry citizen (By that I mean a giant cartoon cloud fight) & the courted off to jail? We had to resort to a left fielder of "She was corrupted by the amulet" really? I'm sorry but after going through 3 of similar excuses in comics I don't buy it for a second.

Postby Saint Soul » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 pm

Magical duel was what we otaku call filler. I'll leave it at.
"Small muscles, big brain, the heart of a lion."
—Anthony DiNozzo on Timothy McGee
User formaly known as Soulchild

Postby Maru » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:34 pm

...Ohhhhhh. Now I get it. Thanks, Sir Soul.
My DA
Merry Christmas Bitch

Postby Sable » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Magic duel was an excellent episode what are you on about....
RacialslurX2

Postby dj1107 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am

Sable wrote:Magic duel was an excellent episode what are you on about....

My general opinion about Magic Duel has been a very negative one part of that has to due with my general dislike of Trixie. I never liked Trixie. To me Trixie was what I feared Rarity would be when I joined this community, A boastful ignorant Bitch queen of bitchdom. The fact she has so many fans who put her in a sympathetic light on some occasions baffles me. But aside from my biased nature against the character the episode wasn't good at all. Whether we have characters acting like morons (The beaver plan, Trixie fall for the old amulet gag, Twilight just forgiving Trixie outright), plotpoints which are just weak or very lame, & a really piss-poor forcefully written ending that's almost as bad as Shrek 3's (keyword being almost.)

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:22 am

I loved Magic Duel ^o.o^ It could have been better like a lot of other S3 episodes, but I still loved it.

EDIT: Also, guess what I just found?

A NEW DOCUMENTARY! Don't worry though, it's much much shorter, and what I've heard it accomplishes what the other 90 minute one couldn't in less than 15.

My Local Brony

RE-EDIT: Correction. It DOES in-fact accomplish more in those few minutes than the big hearty 90 minute one. It's condensed enough for someone who isn't a brony to sit down and watch without investing too much, it's to the point getting to facts about who we (the fans) are, what the show is, and why it's something we like, and so on and so forth. It gets a message out there.
An Optimist

Postby Dibullba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:40 am

dj1107 wrote:God now I know how CR! felt when said he hated Mysterious Mare-Do-Well........

Actually CR really liked that episode believe it or not. His reasoning for it may be odd for that though. Because of how flawed the ep was, it gets people talking about it.

Postby Grieffon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:50 am

Who is CR?

Magic Duel is a bit overrated, but it is not something I would call terrible.

Postby True Order » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 am

I am somewhere between Dj's and Grieffon's opinions. Maybe closer to Grieffon's. I wonder how it would have been if the fan theories about King Sombra possessing or imbuing his power in Trixie were true? Expectations never hold up but I feel like it could have made things better to some degree and would make forgiving Trixie more socially sensible.
"Finish what you started human!" - Kamaji from Spirited Away
Overthinker

Postby dj1107 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:22 am

Grieffon wrote:Who is CR?

Chad Rocco or as most people call him CR! is a internet personality thats apart of Thatguywiththeglasses.com. His main gimmick is he spotlights obscure/secondary characters of hundreds of show on a show called Familiar Faces. One of his episode was to do a quick retrospective of MLP saving part 2 for FiM. He now reviews the episodes though it's slow he has reviews of 4 episodes right now. He generally thought Parasprites was good. His thoughts on Mare-do-well is something that flew over everyones heads with the main problem was The Mare-do-well ponies are bloody hypocrites. He loved Flim Flam bros episode. & Enjoyed Lun Eclipse on a visual level despite some continuity errors we all experienced. He also hinted at a dislike towards Cadence & Shinning Armor but we'll need to wait for his review of Royal wedding to figure out what exactly it is.

I showcase some of his reviews in the past but it's been so long I don't blame you for forgetting.

Postby Dibullba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:24 am

Grieffon wrote:Who is CR?

Chad Rocco (who goes by CR) is a producer for Thatguywiththeglasses.com. He is not as active as other reviewers on the site, but from time to time he might make a video for his Familiar Faces series. Back in 2011 he created a two part retrospective for the MLP series which you can check out here. He used to do a few reviews for G4 episodes, but fell out of that. When he was taking a look at Super Nerds, he incorporated a part where he was raging about the plot in Mysterious Mare Do Well for a few seconds. He later does a review for it only to reveal that he actually likes the episode despite how flawed it is.

Postby Mr. Sefrol » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:34 am

I've never actually seen any of these, and I've watched a couple of his vids before.

Never knew he reviewed MLP. Neat. And... for most people in general it's often the case that Mare-Do-Well is most everyone's most disliked episode. I didn't care for it myself.
An Optimist

Postby dj1107 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 am

Mr. Sefrol wrote:I've never actually seen any of these, and I've watched a couple of his vids before.

Never knew he reviewed MLP. Neat. And... for most people in general it's often the case that Mare-Do-Well is most everyone's most disliked episode. I didn't care for it myself.

Really now? Alot of people don't like Mare-do-well? Huh I guess the fandom does believe not every episode is good.

My assumption on to why he may not like SA&C may come down to the fact the 2 contradict what Twilight was suppose to learn in Ponyville. Thats my thought anyway.

Postby Kusang_Manalo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 am

Wait, whut? No liked the Bunnyshy suit? It's probably a homage Catwoman's Arkham City Outfit and you guys didn't like that?

And the escape from the dome was so simple Trixie didn't even thought about it. It should have made you grin a least.

Why so much 'hate' on the Trixie episode anyway? It's obviously a battle of wits and misdirection and Twilight pulled it off really well.

Twilight did the most noble thing anyone would do--in cartoon standards. This is not a reality show. It's a kids show for celestia's-sake--and you want to show kids a prison? May I remind that this is a young girl's show (supposedly). FiM is all about friendship. You have to expect some touchy-feely 'bullshit' in the endings.

Mr. Sefrol wrote:My Local Brony

Have you watched the Meet the Bronies doc? How was it?
"Screw the social dogma of the intended demographic. If the show is for little girls then that makes me a bitch." - PanPizza
Not-an-animator

PreviousNext

Return to Bleed Forum (Comics and Animation)